AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-20, 20:12   Link #3041
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Not a matter of intention. He still feels responsible for it, even if he blames Geass, too. Also, his strategy may not have been getting him anywhere, but try telling that to him before Ragnarok. The man just couldn't see it.
Which is scary, because Ragnarok or no Ragnarok, Charles was already essentially a giant jerk.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 20:14   Link #3042
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Which is scary, because Ragnarok or no Ragnarok, Charles was already essentially a giant jerk.
Maybe Suzaku was hoping to outlive him or at least Bismarck. Then again, outliving Bismarck wouldn't guarantee him the the spot, and Bismarck points out that Charles did not really trust Suzaku in the first place.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:18   Link #3043
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Maybe Suzaku was hoping to outlive him or at least Bismarck. Then again, outliving Bismarck wouldn't guarantee him the the spot, and Bismarck points out that Charles did not really trust Suzaku in the first place.
That option would involve waiting for a long, long time. And a whole lot of inaction at the expense of the country he wanted to protect.

Not to mention that Schneizel, if not for Lelouch's interference, would surely be the next emperor in that scenario.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:21   Link #3044
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I think it would be better if we assume it's the sword in those illustrations that CLAMP made...not the one in the show. Not that it makes much of a difference to the story, it's just the visuals.
From what I have seen, they have Clamp design the things than redesign them for the series, toning down the actual design to make it similar. Which is why Lelouch traded in his Kite's Hat for the Pope Hat, and why Lelouch's "The King's Sword" became something that looks like a plastic sword that you can find at Wal-Mart.

I just noticed that the picture is apparently Suzaku about to kiss Lelouch's sword while looking at it with lust in his eyes.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 20:22   Link #3045
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
That option would involve waiting for a long, long time. And a whole lot of inaction at the expense of the country he wanted to protect.

Not to mention that Schneizel, if not for Lelouch's interference, would surely be the next emperor in that scenario.
If Suzaku cared about expediency, pre-FLEIJA of course, he'd have challenged Bismarck for the top spot. We know for a fact he'd lose, but Suzaku wouldn't. Even before that, he'd actually try to get promotions. Suzaku at first is a guy who doesn't try to get results. He expects those results to just happen because he plays nice.

As for Schenizel, Schenizel is the type who would promote Suzaku to Knight of One, because Suzaku's the kind of guy he could control.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:27   Link #3046
azul120

Yeah. In his own way, Suzaku remained oblivious to the consequences of his actions at times.

And Schneizel, yeah, I didn't even go into that part, because he would do absolutely anything it takes.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:36   Link #3047
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I just noticed that the picture is apparently Suzaku about to kiss Lelouch's sword while looking at it with lust in his eyes.
Now that's definitely CLAMP right there.

The Kite Hat would be even more ridiculous, the Pope Hat is actually pretty tolerable. The plastic sword is unfortunately too goofy...maybe they should have kept the color palette (sp?).
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 20:38   Link #3048
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
The Kite Hat would be even more ridiculous, the Pope Hat is actually pretty tolerable. The plastic sword is unfortunately too goofy...maybe they should have kept the color palette (sp?).
Lelouch demands the sword that kills him to be FABULOUS.
Old 2008-12-20, 20:41   Link #3049
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

It is EXACTLY Seishirou/Subaru artwork from X Infinity. They must have used cellophane or something, the stances and expressions are painfully similar. xD

And yea, lawl with the sword.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 23:05   Link #3050
Charred Knight

Quote:

There are times when I wonder whether or not Taniguchi, and Okouchi where creating the Real Robot version of G Gundam (Intentionally goofy), and then I remember that Lelouch gets a sword thrusted through him that looks like a plastic sword, and I am supposed to take this seriously.

Code Geass is by far the most unintentionally hilarious anime I have ever seen.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 23:09   Link #3051
lovecakecookies

Quote:
There are times when I wonder whether or not Taniguchi, and Okouchi where creating the Real Robot version of G Gundam (Intentionally goofy), and then I remember that Lelouch gets a sword thrusted through him that looks like a plastic sword, and I am supposed to take this seriously.

honestly, I did laugh a lot at many twists.. however, the show was still insanely entertaining, and I loved it... and I dunno why so many expect it to be some kind of masterpiece anime with all the ends tied up when a lot of the show was fan service.
Old 2008-12-20, 23:28   Link #3052
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
honestly, I did laugh a lot at many twists.. however, the show was still insanely entertaining, and I loved it... and I dunno why so many expect it to be some kind of masterpiece anime with all the ends tied up when a lot of the show was fan service.
Because it could have been soooo much more than some entertaining garbage that'll be forgotten until the next big thing happens. Quite frankly CLAMP was one of the series big saving grace before it eventually pludges into mediocrity
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 00:09   Link #3053
Xander

Quote:
You have a point there, but I wonder how unintentional it all really is...I doubt that absolutely nobody in the staff ever laughed or found things like that goofy sword or the hat or the wilder plot twists funny, even while they were working on them...in fact, I'd probably say some of them definitely do, from the audio commentaries. I'd say it's both intentionally and unintentionally funny, to be honest. Otherwise, that requires assuming they aren't human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
Because it could have been soooo much more than some entertaining garbage that'll be forgotten until the next big thing happens. Quite frankly CLAMP was one of the series big saving grace before it eventually pludges into mediocrity
I almost felt like making a comment about Bleach or Naruto, but realized that would be off-topic.

Well, I still think Code Geass as a whole is a bit above the average show, even at its worst, so...let's leave it at that. No masterpiece, but I'd re-watch the series easily enough.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 00:19   Link #3054
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Literally it's correct the way you translated it, "Because he is assuredly my only friend."
But what I was saying is that it's probably a bit more understandable as "my one truest friend", otherwise it sounds like Lelouch had no other friends, which we know isn't the case. Something like, "My friend who understand me best, my truest friend", is what I think it is trying to put forth. (Which is something Okouchi said about the two in an interview).
Yes, Suzaku is his only friend who understood him the best. Both of them had seen all sides of one another as stated in the interview. Not even C.C. seen all sides of Lelouch like Suzaku did. That is just how it was written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
omg... I wanted to know what happened in that one month gap.. oh god.. its makes me want to cry.. Suzaku and Lulu are truly best friends..

whoa, they were in Baghdad, Iraq (Gods Gift in Old Persian) planning ZR
I was wondering where they were too. Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daril Gukku View Post
I can't believe Suzaku still wanted Lelouch to find another way, even after everything Lelouch did...it makes me so happy.

I'm glad they were best friends again at the end. My biggest fear was that they had gone to far apart to ever be back like they were as kids, so that scene of them teasing each other nearly made me cry.

Thanks so much for translating this
Me too. I didn't expect they had returned to the stage whereby they could tease each other. To Lelouch, it was so real, and they were still laughing. But I was a little surprised that Suzaku want to stop him at first but shocked when there could be other ways other than the one Lelouch had chosen.

Quote:
Please tell me this was written before Okouchi saw that stupid sword, and a sword that looks like a plastic sword that came from Wal-Mart is not something that matches "the attire of death", or is the stupid sword a reference to the fact that Lelouch looks ridiculous in his little pope outfit.

Frostmourne from Warcraft is a sword that matches the attire of death
Quote:
From what I have seen, they have Clamp design the things than redesign them for the series, toning down the actual design to make it similar. Which is why Lelouch traded in his Kite's Hat for the Pope Hat, and why Lelouch's "The King's Sword" became something that looks like a plastic sword that you can find at Wal-Mart.

My sentiments exactly. Okouchi must had written it with reference of the art CLAMP did which is why the art came with the story I think. Even if they are toning down the hat, they should have keep the colour tone for the sword if they are going to change for the design. Lelouch really want the sword to be fabulous, hence he had it specially made to match with his outfit. Things didn't turn the way they had wanted. So in the end, they got a pink plastic sword. That pink sword certainly doesn't match Why did they had to change Suzaku's attire? That same colour theme certainly looks nicer.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.

Last edited by Pink-chan; 2008-12-21 at 00:29.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 11:11   Link #3055
Haku-Men
Banned

While we're on the subject, check this out
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=59154
Oh and Merry Christmas!
Old 2008-12-25, 12:34   Link #3056
v1nx

Send a message via ICQ to v1nx
Quote:
Oh and Merry Christmas!
or http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ore-code-geass
v1nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 13:38   Link #3057
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Oh and Merry Christmas!
Am I the only one laughing at how much bitching them lot are doing? Acting like CG is not only the worst show ever written, but the most milked show in history. Sure, it could be argued that another CG series would not be a good idea, but those people are just mindless and annoying.

Such spoilt brats need a good whipping.

Last edited by Shuuda; 2008-12-25 at 13:57.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 14:01   Link #3058
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Sweet there might be a third season
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 14:05   Link #3059
Haku-Men
Banned

The question is why? To make money of course, *sigh*
Old 2008-12-25, 14:08   Link #3060
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
The question is why? To make money of course, *sigh*
A shame most people seem to forget this fact; and people also think that they can forbid them from making that money just because they do not want to.

Now let us make way for the no doubt endless complaining. (Even though nothing has been confirmed.)

So, what is going to be first folk? Bad writing? Or maybe plot holes this time?
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote