AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-23, 19:55   Link #741
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Just ep.3 and they already gone that far??? O.o

I know director said he will speed up the story but........
Seems ok rate to me...Like this they may reach Balbadd by ep 12?
Old 2012-10-24, 04:59   Link #742
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Seems ok rate to me...Like this they may reach Balbadd by ep 12?
Ep 12? No way lol.. at the current pacing of the anime they would reach chapter 32 by Episode 7 lol. I can't see the next two "arcs" taking any more than 3 episodes each regardless.. so Balbadd by Episode 9 at the latest imo.. unless they include some filler crap which makes Yoshino's "condensing" of the first 16 chapters into 3 episodes even more stupid.

Anyway after seeing so many negative opinions on the anime from manga readers I decided to finally start the manga, good shit so far.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 06:34   Link #743
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

True...

Yeah I just started too. It's.... surprisingly diverse in scope....

The artwork is seriously starting to grow on me.
Old 2012-10-24, 12:59   Link #744
tsunade666

I marathon the 3 episode and I'm having hard time to like this anime >_>

despite that I like the manga but the voice of Aladin is so troublesome. I'm even begun to question his gender.
Old 2012-10-24, 13:09   Link #745
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
despite that I like the manga but the voice of Aladin is so troublesome. I'm even begun to question his gender.
Cut him some slack, he is a kid, his testosterone levels have yet to increase giving him a manly voice, all human kids have that kind of voice and since voice dubbing started kids are always dubbed by women regardless of gender. I would understand people thought it was troublesome if he still had that voice aftet a time skip (the japanese VA for goku being the most well known case).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 15:34   Link #746
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I marathon the 3 episode and I'm having hard time to like this anime >_> despite that I like the manga but the voice of Aladin is so troublesome. I'm even begun to question his gender.
Yet another reason not to read a manga first, lol. Sets up certain expectations. I can understand your feeling, but I love Ishihara Kaori's voice so much that I'm very happy with her in the role. And pre-teen boys can sound like that, for sure.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-24 at 15:44.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 15:50   Link #747
leokiko

Quote:
I marathon the 3 episode and I'm having hard time to like this anime >_>

Me too ;/. They are rushing through the best part too, the adventure feeling that drew me in when I read the manga came from the beginning. The first major arc is sorta depressing.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 17:50   Link #748
Kirarakim

Non-manga reader here and while I can sympathize with manga readers not wanting favorite scenes cut, as someone new to the series I am enjoying the anime.

Aladdin & Alibaba's relationship is squee worthy to me. Their friendship is so adorable.

The only thing I didn't like was I thought the slave master was too generic of a villain so I am glad he is gone.

Anyways didn't they say the first 3 eps would be a bit rushed but they would slow down after that? Maybe I am confusing this with another series though.
Old 2012-10-24, 17:59   Link #749
tsunade666

I don't have much problem in the way they rushed the story because I like the story a bit later but my problem is the voice and the way.... well I feel that its too much >_> boys love or yaoi. That's the thing I get from it. When I read the manga it feels bros doing bros in their adventure but the anime and the voice and the..... okay I'm stupidly ranting but I'm disappointed on it. Feels gay and sorry for that one though the redeeming qualities is Mor is still cute
Old 2012-10-24, 18:07   Link #750
Kirarakim

I don't see any boys love or Yaoi undertones at all just a very close friendship.
Old 2012-10-24, 18:09   Link #751
Ghanw
(-_-)

Little kids want friendship, so i dont think they get what yaoi or gay relationships are yet.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 18:11   Link #752
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
I don't have much problem in the way they rushed the story because I like the story a bit later but my problem is the voice and the way.... well I feel that its too much >_> boys love or yaoi. That's the thing I get from it. When I read the manga it feels bros doing bros in their adventure but the anime and the voice and the..... okay I'm stupidly ranting but I'm disappointed on it. Feels gay and sorry for that one though the redeeming qualities is Mor is still cute
The author requested that Aladdin sound feminine, so that's just how it is. Also you have better senses than BL fans it seems, since hardly any (even none?) of us are making a fuss over Aladdin's voice making Magi seem like BL.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2012-10-24 at 18:34.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 18:35   Link #753
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

@Tsunade666
If I remember correctly in the first episode Alibaba invites Aladin into a bar where he rubs himself into the well sized oppai of two hostess, so what BL undertones are you talking about I cannot understand.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 19:14   Link #754
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
@Tsunade666
If I remember correctly in the first episode Alibaba invites Aladin into a bar where he rubs himself into the well sized oppai of two hostess, so what BL undertones are you talking about I cannot understand.
He also fondled a guy so the gender of the owner doesn't matter.

I don't see any BL so far either. First K, now here. I think people are getting too sensitive. There's even a yuri discussion going on in the Psycho Pass thread.
Old 2012-10-24, 19:18   Link #755
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^ I blame that on the fact that he's never seen such massive moobs before.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 19:50   Link #756
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
^ I blame that on the fact that he's never seen such massive moobs before.
Obese guys must be a rarity in his world.
Old 2012-10-24, 20:48   Link #757
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Awwww Jeebus.....of all the shows to complain about..

It's not here (thank goodness) but on other sites, people are kind of 'EW SHONEN AI/YAOI' despite the fact that Aladdin is like...ten?

I love this show but too bad Aniplex got their mitts on it. I might start the manga though...now that Bleach has jumped the shark, I want a new shonen to get into...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 21:01   Link #758
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Ha ha ha, these are little kiddies. I don't think the BL (or shota or whatever) would sell very well here. I didn't feel too hot with the first 2 eps but ep 3 is getting interesting.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 21:50   Link #759
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Thought it might happen eventually, but not feeling any BL stuff from this. Though I suppose for any gender it's tough to dodge the yaoi/yuri talk when it comes to friends of the same gender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Obese guys must be a rarity in his world.
Well considering when we first saw him the only being there was Ugo...I'd say a lot of things were a rarity in his world .
Old 2012-10-25, 07:17   Link #760
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^He's pretty new to this 'wide world' thing. And obesity is usually limited to certain classes.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen