AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-09-21, 05:14   Link #1
Killerattacks

Your ffdshow postprocessing settings?

I wondered, what are the best postprocessing settings for ffdshow? Ffdshow's postprocessing can be configured in many ways, but I do not really have a clue what the best settings would be. Which settings are you using?

Now I'm using these settings, which work fine IMHO, but if there are better settings, I would use those of course

Note: System ressources do not matter
Old 2004-09-21, 05:16   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Those are the same ones that I use.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-23, 10:17   Link #3
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I actually use slightly different settings. Like this, for instance: http://www.williams1.homechoice.co.u...sing-small.jpg
It owns the pants off anything FFDShow can do :P

A few notes: You do realise you're disabling post-processing (except for Nic's) since you don't have "MPlayer" ticked, don't you? Also, you should take Automatic Quality Control off, unless you have a slow processor. There's no need for it to jump the quality up and down for you if your processor is fast enough.
You may also want to try mucking around with the Resize settings. Resizing up to 800x600 or 1024x768 using Lanczos (and the sharpen filters built into the same panal) can gain you a lot of sharpness. However, this will also bring the artifacting out, so then you need to play around more with the postprocessing settings to compensate for them :P
Old 2004-09-28, 09:08   Link #4
^danshi^
running bear

I tried many things and this looked the best, normal 'Postprocessing' aggravates flickering on some files and doesn't reduce the blocks as good as this.