AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-01-10, 20:46   Link #221
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD View Post
And speaking of You (Yuu, not you), I finally got around to finishing her arc. My first impression of it is that it was pretty boring compared to Sora and Tsugumi's endings. It also created a lot more mysteries than it solved. I was expecting that the more I played the game, the more I'd learn, not the more I wouldn't know.

On to Sara then finally Coco. I'm actualy more interested in the epilouges of the stories I've played through than reading Coco's ending.
It's boring because all the good stuff is in Coco's ending, so keep your expectations up
Old 2007-01-11, 09:43   Link #222
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

Quote:
Yeah bothers me, too. Did they actually edit the graphics so it would be spelled "You" on her nametag or was it romanized incorrectly to begin with?
i don't think so... at least in traditional chinese version it still spelled as "You"... word game, i guess :P

actually since "You" is just a nickname (and considering the length of her name I think they had to let her use a nick name ;0), she just made her name more interesting by changing "Yuu" to "You".

Last edited by kgptzac; 2007-11-03 at 21:35.
kgptzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 13:49   Link #223
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
i don't think so... at least in traditional chinese version it still spelled as "You"... word game, i guess :P
You're right, it was like that in the original game, probably to do an Engrishy sort of thing with "I am You" etc.
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 02:15   Link #224
jedinat

Is it just me or is this game kind of boring? I'd read a bunch of praise for it, but so far half of the story seems focused around me making sandwiches... Where are the mysterious occurences? The blood stains? The eerie screams? The cheerful girl-turned-psychopath?

jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 02:34   Link #225
luckyovermind
hungry~

I think you bought the wrong game there, the game you described is in Supergrunch's signature
Old 2007-01-12, 02:42   Link #226
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
I think you bought the wrong game there, the game you described is in Supergrunch's signature
lol, I added the last one in for fun. But seriously... just when you think something big is finally going down, it turns out to be nothing, or is quickly resolved. And the charcters don't seem to be holding things up. There's just the slight tension of impending doom, but I'm gradually seeing that feeling change to one of impending relief... a permanent solution to Coco's peircing voice perhaps.

But I shall persevere. It may be more interesting towards the end, or maybe the kid's story is better.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 03:18   Link #227
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Is it just me or is this game kind of boring? I'd read a bunch of praise for it, but so far half of the story seems focused around me making sandwiches... Where are the mysterious occurences? The blood stains? The eerie screams? The cheerful girl-turned-psychopath?
Patience I know what you're thinking and you will still enjoy it near the route ends (Tsugumi's especially). Sara's is another really interesting one, and Coco's is where everything starts happening whether you're satisfied with the actual twists themselves or not.

It's still worth a read but you may have had it a bit overhyped. I did too (and as a result thought some bits were pretty dull), but I still don't regret the time I spent reading it.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 10:42   Link #228
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
And it's damn good too. I think it just about as the edge on Ever 17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
lol, I added the last one in for fun. But seriously... just when you think something big is finally going down, it turns out to be nothing, or is quickly resolved. And the charcters don't seem to be holding things up. There's just the slight tension of impending doom, but I'm gradually seeing that feeling change to one of impending relief... a permanent solution to Coco's peircing voice perhaps.

But I shall persevere. It may be more interesting towards the end, or maybe the kid's story is better.
Ever 17 is a bit of a slow developer, but if you persevere, it's really worth it. Also, you might find Sara's path a bit more interesting, and anyone should love Coco's path.

Personally, my favourite bit is where
Spoiler for Coco's arc:
Old 2007-01-12, 10:49   Link #229
Enerccio
VN maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Enerccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
Personally, my favourite bit is where
Spoiler for Coco's arc:
that was great
My favourite was when
Spoiler for Coco's arc:
Enerccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 21:06   Link #230
luckyovermind
hungry~

those were great ones

my favourite is:
Spoiler for coco's arc:
Old 2007-01-15, 12:01   Link #231
kgptzac

if you think it's slow then you are not paying enough attention to it imo, there are small things in the middle where you can get to see the difference from other arcs and make guesses out of it. And of course, you have to think the entire story as a whole and not just to break down into events that are seemingly unrelated... and also, play again after finishing up Coco's arc and you'll see every little foreshadowing and hints in previous days.

Remember, E17 is still a galgame where danger is not everywhere. just wait til Remember 11 make it out of Japan... that is pure suspense and probably most people will never understand it without a guide...
Old 2007-01-16, 10:21   Link #232
Enerccio
VN maniac

Quote:
if you think it's slow then you are not paying enough attention to it imo, there are small things in the middle where you can get to see the difference from other arcs and make guesses out of it. And of course, you have to think the entire story as a whole and not just to break down into events that are seemingly unrelated... and also, play again after finishing up Coco's arc and you'll see every little foreshadowing and hints in previous days.

Remember, E17 is still a galgame where danger is not everywhere. just wait til Remember 11 make it out of Japan... that is pure suspense and probably most people will never understand it without a guide...
Well i dont think Hirameki will translate remeber 11 (since kid is no more...)
Old 2007-01-24, 07:05   Link #233
randomshinichi

Well, for anybody that knows Chinese and English, I've posted an amateur comparison between the two versions (TTime Taiwan vs. Hirameki's translation) on my blog:
http://randomshinichi.efx2.com/view/78414/
Not that I'm lacking blog readers, it's just that most of my readers don't even know what Ever17 is, and I'd like some educated feedback.

I only completed the Tsugumi good ending, and this focuses on the ending. So if you haven't gotten Tsugumi's good ending yet, be warned: this is kinda spoilerish.
randomshinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 20:38   Link #234
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Haha, oh wow, just finished Ever17. That was epic. After the initial buzz from completing everything, there followed the crash where the fact that the story's over sets in, and I'm just now recovering...

I am still missing pics #4 and #6 from the last page of the CG; how do I get those? I think I read somewhere that I have to go through every dialog choice to get #4...

Spoiler for Everything:

Also, the first thing that came to mind when You first introduced herself:

Some spoiler-free dialogs that I thought were rather amusing:
How about *this* for biggest "wtf" moment?

Kid has a dirty mind?

Teach me, Sensei! XD

I thought dirty, dirty thoughts.

Rape!

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-01-28 at 11:51.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 09:43   Link #235
kgptzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
How about *this* for biggest "wtf" moment?
actually the more of a wtf moment was Sara sucks Shounen's thumb... =,=||| that pic is very, very imaginative... very.... lol
Old 2007-01-29, 12:20   Link #236
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

The whole You + Pen thing is obviously intentional innuendo... but that doesn't stop it being funny!
Old 2007-01-29, 12:45   Link #237
kgptzac

btw there's really nothing dirty with character themselves except You'haru and... Sara whom... well... just go over the 2nd day's good-morning dialog in the Kid's perspective and their lust are fully exposed in Coco's arc xD

and the Noein's screenshots are awesome of this situation lol

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-29, 20:08   Link #238
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Too bad the "You can't save that girl" line appears when that guy is on screen. Otherwise the pic would really be complete.
Old 2007-01-30, 00:26   Link #239
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow does this ever sound like the name of a show you'd find on the WB.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 23:27   Link #240
Enerccio
VN maniac

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, that is impossible
She only know who he was.

Tags