AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-13, 19:21   Link #581
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
You could actually change Shepard's class when importing from ME1 to ME2. Not sure if they're going to allow that in ME3 though. When I transferred my ME1 Shepard, she was a Soldier, and I changed her to a Vanguard because ME2 made Vanguards awesome when they sucked in ME1.
Old 2011-06-13, 22:44   Link #582
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Why wouldn't they allow that, especially since they're mixing up the power system again for ME3, and the game is supposed to be playable as a standalone game. It'd be strange if they don't allow you to change classes in ME3 just because you're using an ME2 save.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 23:09   Link #583
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I can already tell I won't be using cover in this game, just like I did with ME2.

Fuck cover, the countless mooks have nothing on my Shepard.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 03:40   Link #584
Alchemist007
*Author

I use manual cover in ME1 a lot, it was just broken in that game. Hell even in ME2 I used it quite a bit. Nothing like exploiting the inattentiveness of bots.
Old 2011-06-14, 03:42   Link #585
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

If you play on harder difficulty settings, cover is pretty necessary in ME2, especially when even the generic mooks have both shields/barriers and armor...
Old 2011-06-14, 04:44   Link #586
Key Board
Carbon

Is there a way to effectively use vanguard charge on insanity difficulty?

It seems I get swiss cheesed every-time I step out of it
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 04:52   Link #587
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Is there a way to effectively use vanguard charge on insanity difficulty?

It seems I get swiss cheesed every-time I step out of it
Yes, but it requires very good squad choice for a particular mission and making liberal use of shield removing powers. Once it's fully upgraded to Heavy Charge and you have cooldown reducing upgrades, you can bounce around the battlefield like a pinball of death.
Old 2011-06-14, 06:21   Link #588
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh I like the multirole capacities of the Infiltrator and the Sentinel better.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 06:54   Link #589
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the easiest setting seems to be the most canon XD your motha fukin shepard for cryin out loud XD
Old 2011-06-14, 13:51   Link #590
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Been thinking about the new gameplay elements a little and I'd like to hear your opinions.

From seeing the trailers and thinking about the usual developers' marketing strategies, I'm getting increasingly worried that the "awesome freestyle combat movement" they promote so hard might end up as just an added option to roll sideways. Nothing more.

Is my skepticism rather harsh or does anybody else think the same? I think I'd rather reserve my excitement over this mechanic before trying it out after release date.

Regarding the omni-blade; ignoring the awesome-factor for a moment, this thing could pretty significantly speed up the game's pacing if they screw up, so some players might actually complain about the game lenght in the end. Why? If they want you to use it often in combat, you need an opportunity for it. That can be achieved with either map design or greater health pool for Shepard. So you might be able to just storm onto enemies the whole game like some kind of a raging madman without any real consequence to it. I hope they don't make that mistake.

And now for something from a lore standpoint; how would you make an omni-tool work as a weapon? I always thought it was somewhat of a holographic display that reacts to your hands' placement, not something physical. I mean, how else would it always just appear on top of everyone's wrists other than by projection? I can't recall, are there any codex entries about this technology in the series? They also use the omni-tool as a portable flashlight, so how the hell does that bloody thing work?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I refer you to the technology of Tech Armor, which manages to be a physical defense made out of hard light. The current theory is that the Omni-Blade acts much the same.
I see what you did there.

Completely forgot about tech armor. Better not to waste time with trying to rationalize sci-fi stuff, I guess. Either that, or getting a headache.

Last edited by Larthak; 2011-06-14 at 15:17.
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 14:05   Link #591
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
the easiest setting seems to be the most canon XD your motha fukin shepard for cryin out loud XD
Yeah, but that's boring. Insanity can be frustrating, but it can also be fun.
Old 2011-06-14, 14:29   Link #592
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post

And now for something from a lore standpoint; how would you make an omni-tool work as a weapon? I always thought it was somewhat of a holographic display that reacts to your hands' placement, not something physical. I mean, how else would it always just appear on top of everyone's wrists other than by projection? I can't recall, are there any codex entries about this technology in the series? They also use the omni-tool as a portable flashlight, so how the hell does that bloody thing work?!
I refer you to the technology of Tech Armor, which manages to be a physical defense made out of hard light. The current theory is that the Omni-Blade acts much the same.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 21:52   Link #593
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
If you play on harder difficulty settings, cover is pretty necessary in ME2, especially when even the generic mooks have both shields/barriers and armor...
Lucky for me I dare not play those modes.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 21:55   Link #594
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Lucky for me I dare not play those modes.
You should give it a try. It's not as bad as you think it is. The cover system plays such a huge role (since enemies don't know anything about moving directly up to you unless they're krogan vanguards, melee enemies like varren and some bosses) that the difficulty is somewhat downplayed in reality.

Favorite part of the game is using Disruptor ammo and a sniper rifle and hitting pyros in their backpacks. boom.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 22:45   Link #595
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Playing Vanguard on Insanity is quite a challenge, because Vanguard has no native shield-removing powers. But the Shepard bonus power means you can pick up Tali's Energy Drain, which makes short work of shields. You'll use SMGs a lot more on Insanity than any other difficulty.

Once you complete the Collector Ship, it gets a lot easier because you can pick up AR training and use the Vindicator AR, which rips through most defenses easily when paired with maxed-out fire ammo.

I have to be a lot more careful with Charge on that difficulty setting until it's upgraded and I have more squad biotic upgrades to lower cooldowns. Once you get Heavy Charge though, the bullet-time effect with reduced cooldowns make things loads easier and you can pretty much use Energy Drain + Charge to keep your shields up at all time and never be in one place for longer than a few seconds.

Having Zaeed as a squadmate on missions heavy with shield-using enemies is also useful for his Squad Disruptor Ammo.

Edit: Praetorians are really annoying on Insanity. So are Scions, ugh.
Old 2011-06-15, 03:30   Link #596
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I sort of agree, you have to break the laws of reason to make the game a challenge instead of a cakewalk. I think the biggest thing that could improve this aspect in general is AI. It's simple enough to shoot stupid things but what if they didn't just stay in the same spot getting shot, or actually react better and coordinate with their team according to their rank?
Old 2011-06-16, 11:15   Link #597
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...3-salutes-you/

FemShep ME3 trailer being made.

Edit: All references to a specific date have actually been removed.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2011-06-18 at 08:53.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 13:56   Link #598
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Haha, yes! I can't wait to see it.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 15:29   Link #599
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Haha, yes! I can't wait to see it.
Quote:
thanks to persistent pestering from fans.
XD that cracked me up, maybe if we pester enough we can get tali's face to be shown.

Im gonna crack up if they make the fem shep a male shep way (modeled after someone) and everyone hates it XD just like male shep players.
Old 2011-06-16, 16:40   Link #600
Tetra Vaal
Banned

I still wish they'd show a glimpse of male Shep piloting the mecha he takes over to limit the scale of destruction in some level they talked about at E3. That's going to be the icing on the cak for me.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass