AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-25, 01:47   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Steins;Gate anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Steins;Gate which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2011-06-25, 23:07   Link #2
Kaiba

So, what is the relation between this and Chaos Head anyways? Because I've heard this was really good, but the fact that the Chaos Head anime was so terrible makes me less inclined to watch this. And it's the same studio too, right?
Old 2011-06-25, 23:25   Link #3
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

There's no story continuation between the two at all. Supposedly S;G happened happened in the same universe about a year or two after Chaos;Head.

Btw Chaos;Head was inherently good as a VN, it's just that the goodness didn't come out with only 13 episodes. Same thing could've happened to S;G too.
Old 2011-06-26, 09:35   Link #4
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
And it's the same studio too, right?
I believe Steins;Gate was made by a different studio. Chaos;Head was adapted by Madhouse, Steins;Gate is being done by White Fox.
Old 2011-06-26, 18:36   Link #5
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Maybe he meant developer. The developer of both games are same, 5pb and Nitroplus. S;G takes place in the same universe (supposedly) but no characters from C;H are seen or anything like that. Supposedly there are cameos in S;G like certain items that you could have seen in C;H but that's it.

Believe me, you'll want to watch S;G. I watched C;H and I didn't like it very much.. S;G however, is the best anime I've ever seen.
Old 2011-06-28, 11:24   Link #6
hamstar
just passing by

Can someone explain to me how a microwave oven positioned above an old TV makes it able to send text messages through time?
Old 2011-06-29, 09:19   Link #7
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
Can someone explain to me how a microwave oven positioned above an old TV makes it able to send text messages through time?
Remember what Okarin and his friends found out about SERN's Z Program (assume you watched this scene already),it is said that SERN was using mini black hole and a lifter for time travel experiments and it worked (although the guinea pigs had became jellyfied).If you had wondered why the Phone Microwave can create a black hole,Daru (or someone else I forgot) in the VN did mentioned that LHC is like a giant microwave,so the Phone Microwave is essentially a mini LHC.The theory behind this is so complicated that I cannot remember some of the explaination (the theory can be explained in VN).Just bear in mind that the Phone Microwave can create a black hole.Next about the lifter part,the Phone Microwave (or LHC) did created Kerr black hole (rotating black hole) but since Kerr black hole is unstable in nature,suitable amount of electrons or ions must be injected into Kerr black hole to stablise it.If you googled "lifter",you will find that lifter is actually an ioncraft (or ion-propelled aircraft).Since lifter contains ions,it becomes the source for that ionic injection.

However,the Phone Microwave does not have a lifter,Then why the Phone Microwave can send message to the past,the answer to it is the old TV directly below the Phone Microwave.This TV is a Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) TV.CRT is essentially an electron beamer,hence it becomes the source of injection as well.You can say that the CRT TV is the "lifter" for the Phone Microwave.
Old 2011-08-08, 09:00   Link #8
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Hey guys, for some reason the OP sounds very familiar to me. I know there is some song that is very very similar to this one, and I feel like I've heard it in an old anime but I can't just grasp what it was. Does anyone else know what i'm talking about?
Old 2011-08-12, 06:56   Link #9
Myname

I'm kinda confused... is he actually traveling back in time right now?

From what I can understand, after Mayuri was "killed", he used the time leap machine to go back a few days. Using the time leap machine, the world line stays the same.

Once he found out that was useless, he decided to undo the D-mails instead by sending a d-mail to negate the previous d-mail? Does he travel back in time each time he undoes a d-mail?

At what point of the timeline is he in right now after reversing rukako's d-mail? Is it the point before rukako sent the d-mail?
Old 2011-08-13, 06:00   Link #10
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
I'm kinda confused... is he actually traveling back in time right now?

From what I can understand, after Mayuri was "killed", he used the time leap machine to go back a few days. Using the time leap machine, the world line stays the same.

Once he found out that was useless, he decided to undo the D-mails instead by sending a d-mail to negate the previous d-mail? Does he travel back in time each time he undoes a d-mail?

At what point of the timeline is he in right now after reversing rukako's d-mail? Is it the point before rukako sent the d-mail?
No he's still in the same period of time starting two days before the time leap machine was finished. However as d-mails were negated the time Mayuri died got pushed back each time.
MAL
Old 2011-08-16, 20:18   Link #11
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Maybe Mayuri was poisoned by FB and each leap just makes the 'event' happen 1 day later?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2011-09-07, 06:40   Link #12
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Did the anime ever tell us why Suzuha crashed into the radio building with her time machine in the Beta timeline? I tried looking it up, but I can't find anything that even remotely hints as to why it happened.

Note: I don't want to know the answer from the VN, I only want to know if we were ever told this.
Old 2011-09-07, 12:56   Link #13
Alucard24

Keep in mind it's the first time she was using it, didn't you crashed your car when you started to learn how to drive ?
Old 2011-09-07, 21:54   Link #14
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Did the anime ever tell us why Suzuha crashed into the radio building with her time machine in the Beta timeline? I tried looking it up, but I can't find anything that even remotely hints as to why it happened.

Note: I don't want to know the answer from the VN, I only want to know if we were ever told this.
I think they did mentioned that the Time Machine was incomplete and that future Daru never managed to finish it because he died before he could. Remember Suzuha only decided to take on the mission because he read Daru's will.
Old 2011-09-07, 22:45   Link #15
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

One thing is bothering me and it might be answered in the last episode but I'll ask now anyway, who was sending Okabe those creepy image messages? I remember one of them was of red jello but did they ever explain who sent them?
Old 2011-09-07, 22:50   Link #16
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
One thing is bothering me and it might be answered in the last episode but I'll ask now anyway, who was sending Okabe those creepy image messages? I remember one of them was of red jello but did they ever explain who sent them?
Was that Okabe? I was under the impression it was SERN or Moeka sending him those messages, as a way of letting him know they were aware of him/trying to get him to cease and desist before they had to do something about him.
Old 2011-09-08, 02:11   Link #17
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I think they did mentioned that the Time Machine was incomplete and that future Daru never managed to finish it because he died before he could. Remember Suzuha only decided to take on the mission because he read Daru's will.
That's in the alpha timeline. In the beta timeline, the time machine is complete and fully functional without any glitches, which is evidenced by Suzuha already having made three trips prior to her crashing (1975, 2000 and the her recent encounter with Okabe in 2010).

But I think I already know:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-08, 05:59   Link #18
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
That's in the alpha timeline. In the beta timeline, the time machine is complete and fully functional without any glitches, which is evidenced by Suzuha already having made three trips prior to her crashing (1975, 2000 and the her recent encounter with Okabe in 2010).

But I think I already know:

Spoiler:
Hang on let's go back, the time machine never crashed in the Beta timeline. When it first appeared in the Beta line it shake the building but it wasn't a crash.

I just saw "crashed" and assumed he meant the Alpha time line.

When Okabe saw the Time Machine stuck in the building he had already been transported to the Alpha timeline, since it was directly after he send the first D-mail to Daru.
Old 2011-09-08, 10:43   Link #19
tezu

Okay, I just marathoned through 23 episodes yesterday because I couldn't stop watching once I started the series and there's one thing I'm confused about (actually there's more, but this one bothered me the most, hope you don't mind the stupid question):

Okarin accidentally switched timelines in the first episode, from the beta-timeline in which Kurisu dies to the alpha-timeline in which Mayuri dies. And then he got back to the original timeline, thus "saving" Mayuri by sacrificing Kurisu. But does he really "save" Mayuri? Interventions in the past make a timeline diverge in several timelines, isn't this right? So like John Titor said, if you go back in time to prevent a person getting killed, the timeline splits into two: one in which the person is alive and one in which the person is dead. The alpha-timeline still exists no matter where Okarin is so doesn't it mean that Mayuri still dies...? Does that mean that "saving Mayuri" just means to get the Okarin we know in a timeline where he doesn't see it?
Old 2011-09-08, 12:12   Link #20
Alucard24

Quote:
Suzuha already having made three trips prior to her crashing (1975, 2000 and the her recent encounter with Okabe in 2010).
We don't know for sure that the Titor from 2000 was Suzuha, do we ?
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a