AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-14, 22:54   Link #61
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Z...Zaruba !?

So does that mean he's in it? Or is Hironobu Kageyama just promoting the anime? As much as I'm excited for the anime, I've always been a little disappointed at the possibility that Zaruba might not be in it since he's such an iconic part of the franchise. So if he's actually in the anime, that would be really awesome .

Though that would mean Zaruba's been with the wielders of the Garo Armor for centuries, which I imagine makes him pretty long-lived by the time of the first Garo series .
Yeah, Kageyama's voicing Zaruba here too.
Old 2014-09-15, 10:15   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Though that would mean Zaruba's been with the wielders of the Garo Armor for centuries, which I imagine makes him pretty long-lived by the time of the first Garo series .
Zaruba was created by priest Amon for Taiga (Kouga's father). It actually doesn't make sense for him to be in this anime, but I doubt anybody is going to complain. Garo isn't Garo without Zaruba.

They're probably going to say this is Zaruba's ancestor/prototype or something. Or perhaps the anime doesn't fit into the live-action continuity at all. Either way, it's damn cool that Zaruba's in.
Old 2014-09-15, 11:04   Link #63
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Zaruba was created by priest Amon for Taiga (Kouga's father). It actually doesn't make sense for him to be in this anime, but I doubt anybody is going to complain. Garo isn't Garo without Zaruba.

They're probably going to say this is Zaruba's ancestor/prototype or something. Or perhaps the anime doesn't fit into the live-action continuity at all. Either way, it's damn cool that Zaruba's in.
Yeah, I'd honestly forgotten whether Amon had actually built Zaruba or was just the Priest who fine-tuned him for the Saejima's .

Though it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for there to have been more than one Zaruba...
Old 2014-09-15, 12:22   Link #64
DMurphy

It's not as if there isn't already kind of one Zaruba anyway. The Zaruba Kouga has from the end of the first series onwards is functionally a new Zaruba, as I recall.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-09-15, 13:09   Link #65
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
It's not as if there isn't already kind of one Zaruba anyway. The Zaruba Kouga has from the end of the first series onwards is functionally a new Zaruba, as I recall.
That's what I meant .
Old 2014-09-15, 20:23   Link #66
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Agh, don't remind me... Zaruba's death in the last episode broke my heart.... Though on hindsight, I should have seen it coming from the episode's preview.
Old 2014-09-15, 20:25   Link #67
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Late (again) to the party, but damn that trailer was awesome. And yes for Zaruba! Love that guy and most of Madou accessories. One of the reason I bought all the Equip & Prop figures since it gave us the 1:1 scale stuffs

I hope the theme will be awesome and ear-catchy. Until now, the only Garo songs I really love and still stay on my playlist are those from the season 1 (ie. Boku wa Mada Koi wo Shite wa Ikenai and Garo Saviour in the Dark).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Agh, don't remind me... Zaruba's death in the last episode broke my heart.... Though on hindsight, I should have seen it coming from the episode's preview.
Yeah, but at least thanks to him we got crowning moment of awesome in form of Kouga's transformation and pre-battle dialogue with a lot previous Garo title holders cameo ;_;
Old 2014-09-15, 20:50   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post

I hope the theme will be awesome and ear-catchy. Until now, the only Garo songs I really love and still stay on my playlist are those from the season 1 (ie. Boku wa Mada Koi wo Shite wa Ikenai and Garo Saviour in the Dark).
Definitely some of my favorite Garo themes. Though I was always more partial to Boku ga Ai Wo Tsutaeteyuku when it came to Garo endings .

Quote:
Yeah, but at least thanks to him we got crowning moment of awesome in form of Kouga's transformation and pre-battle dialogue with a lot previous Garo title holders cameo ;_;
Yeah .

Thought that reminds me, I'm pretty sure we've seen Gouten in promotional material, so I wonder if we're going to see Leon after he's already killed enough Horrors and gone through the process of acquiring Gouten, or if it'll be a pivotal moment in the series where he has to fight Garo?
Old 2014-09-16, 09:10   Link #69
iko_uwais

The ending song by Sayaka Sasaki will be titled: CHIASTOLITE
Old 2014-09-16, 14:53   Link #70
Galaxian

I wonder if the Garo armor cracking in the PV could be Herman's instead of Leon's.
Old 2014-09-17, 19:33   Link #71
iko_uwais

More characters and their seiyuu:

Mendoza
Voice - Takaya Hashi
The one who "stole" the country of Variante. Taking helm of the country, he impose tyranny upon the people even since his ascendancy as de facto ruler.

Fernando San Variante
Father of Alfonso and the king of Variante. Deprived of his country by Mendoza, he's currently bedridden.

Octavia
Voice - Mari Doi

Garm
Voice - Mayu Udono

Esmeralda
Voice - Natsumi Tada
Old 2014-09-18, 08:27   Link #72
iko_uwais

Looks like there's going to be an animated segment featuring chibi version of the character called YuruGaro during the show's broadcast
http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1410924073
Old 2014-09-19, 10:36   Link #73
Shyni

I wanna point out that Yasuko Kobayashi writing this means that the main writer for the old live-action Sailor Moon is writing an animated Garo, while the writer from the first live-action Garo is writing Sailor Moon. And both have "Kobayashi" as their last name.
Old 2014-09-25, 13:58   Link #74
MultiOMGPancakes

New 2 min PV. It's mostly extensions of scenes we've seen, but still looks really cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdPyp-B33_k
Edit: Found youtube link
Old 2014-09-25, 16:25   Link #75
Galaxian

So Herman was Zero instead of Garo...

The animation looks really good, but Garo's orange-colored golden armor reminds me of the anniversary edition of Phoenix Ikki's Myth Cloth...

Old 2014-09-25, 16:38   Link #76
iko_uwais

Quote:
So Herman was Zero instead of Garo...

The animation looks really good, but Garo's orange-colored golden armor reminds me of the anniversary edition of Phoenix Ikki's Myth Cloth...

Herman is ゾロ (Zoro) not ゼロ (Zero)
Old 2014-09-25, 16:53   Link #77
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Herman is ゾロ (Zoro) not ゼロ (Zero)
Twin short blades, dark-silver armor. Call it whatever you want, he will always be Zero to me.
Old 2014-09-25, 16:58   Link #78
iko_uwais

Quote:
Twin short blades, dark-silver armor. Call it whatever you want, he will always be Zero to me.
Yeah, well according to every official description he's Zoro, so I'm gonna call him that
Old 2014-09-25, 17:01   Link #79
Frontier

Yeah, he does look a lot like Zero, and it's been pointed out that his horse looks like Ginga. About the only difference I can think of is that Zoro has chains on his sword, which I don't think Zero did, but it could just be a case of artistic license. The Garo Armor also looks different in animation compared to the live-action suit, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

I think this is the first good view we've had of the Horrors... boy does that first one, or at least the first one Garo presumably fights, look big!
Old 2014-09-25, 17:13   Link #80
Galaxian

Quote:
Yeah, he does look a lot like Zero, and it's been pointed out that his horse looks like Ginga. About the only difference I can think of is that Zoro has chains on his sword, which I don't think Zero did, but it could just be a case of artistic license. The Garo Armor also looks different in animation compared to the live-action suit, so it wouldn't be out of the question.
Well, Herman's armor also has a different insignia to Rei's. While Leon and Kouga (and all the other Garo) have the red triangle, Herman's armor and swords have a Z while Rei's has the compass-like insignia.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dark fantasy, garo, tokusatsu