AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-11, 15:47   Link #81
S_C_L-1

Rahmuss..

1, this is a manga thread. so you are REALLY behind on the conversation.

2, dont double post.
Old 2006-11-14, 05:40   Link #82
psychotic_tensai

The will of D

well, the recent chapters really revealed a lot of things. one of the shocking revelations was the addition of additional D's.

i remember the scientists of ohara (i can't remember the lead doctor's name) saying something a civilization lost during the void century. and there is much speculation about the lost civilization being the D's (i read this in good ol' realiable wikipedia)

so do you think more D's will come out soon? saa. that's it! hope to hear from fellow one piece fans! ja!

Last edited by psychotic_tensai; 2006-11-14 at 05:42. Reason: mistake
Old 2006-11-14, 05:59   Link #83
matsuno

only 2 new D's have been introduced, and nothing pertaining to the meaning of D.

Whats more, I find it very sasd that you cant look at the front page discuissions and at least look into and post in the thread already dedicated to this subject.

As far as Im concerned, this thread is dead, and if you want to talk about hte will of D, goto the other thread.
Old 2006-11-16, 21:01   Link #84
rahmuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by regasatanum View Post
I think Dragon maybe Luffy's father, what do you think?
I would be tempted to say that he is; but I don't think so. I think we'll know Luffy's father when we see him for some reason.
Old 2006-11-16, 21:05   Link #85
rahmuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
Rahmuss..

1, this is a manga thread. so you are REALLY behind on the conversation.

2, dont double post.
Yeah, I know I'm behind; but I'm trying to catch up.

Also, I tried to edit my post because I don't want to double-post; but it wouldn't let me edit it for some reason. It says I don't have permission to do it. Do you know why that might be?
Old 2006-11-17, 09:21   Link #86
S_C_L-1

PM a moderator.
Old 2006-12-03, 20:25   Link #87
NinjAngel

More puzzles have been answered!

Just as a preface, I love how someone a few pages back said "For all we know, Luffy's grandpa could be a troublesome marine."

Anywho, Dragon is actually Monkey D. Dragon, Luffy's FATHER!

And, Luffy's Grandpa is a troublesome marine: Monkey D. Garp, a Vice Admiral. He...trained...Luffy through some interesting methods, because he wanted him to become a Marine. (Those methods including being thrown over ravines, left in a dark forest, and hung from balloons.)

So...yeah. I think that's all I wanted to say. XD
Old 2006-12-04, 07:21   Link #88
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjAngel View Post
More puzzles have been answered!

Just as a preface, I love how someone a few pages back said "For all we know, Luffy's grandpa could be a troublesome marine."

Anywho, Dragon is actually Monkey D. Dragon, Luffy's FATHER!

And, Luffy's Grandpa is a troublesome marine: Monkey D. Garp, a Vice Admiral. He...trained...Luffy through some interesting methods, because he wanted him to become a Marine. (Those methods including being thrown over ravines, left in a dark forest, and hung from balloons.)

So...yeah. I think that's all I wanted to say. XD
No offence but we knew that about a month ago
Hi though
Old 2006-12-18, 22:28   Link #89
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

yeah bit why cant luffy throw cannon balls really really fast or use all the CP9 powers (i forgot there real name)
Old 2007-06-27, 07:18   Link #90
joel+strawhat
one piece rules!

Man, the biggest clue that appears nw is the part when the navy is mentioned to be actually a intruder force that destroys the country where all the lethal weapons and the 'TRUE HISTORY' originate from in the past. The navy nw appears as police force of the sea while in truth is trying to cover its dark past by killing any1 who can decipher the 'True History'.
Old 2007-06-29, 07:51   Link #91
kadenza

my list of mysteries >

what is dragons powers? is he a df user? how strong is he exactly?
how exactly did blackbeard giv shanks the scar? [hopefully theyll show a flashbak of the fight]
what is shanks's df power? since he ate the one buggy wanted and STIlLL didnt sink while saving younger luffy
how strong is shanks exactly? and how strong is he with or w/o regarding his swordsmanship skills to Mihawk?
does Mihawk use a DF? if so what is it?
who r the rest of the shicunbukai?
wat is marine heads powers? does he use a DF? if so what is it
what was rogers power? did he use a df? if so what was it?
what exactly is the will of D?
what does D short for?
what is whitebears power? does he use a DF, if so what is it? why is he on support machines?
why doesnt aces name begin with monkey like the rest of his family?
who was luffys mother?
what did the world gov do exactly do cause ppl like the revolutionarys to oppose them so strongly?
are the 4 elders/wise men also combatants? if so how strong are they, what are there powers and do they use df, is they do then which ones?
who else was in rogers crew? apart from shanks and buggy
who were the ppl who made the ancient weapons and how did they get wiped out?
why is garp only a vice admiral?

all i can think of at the moment
Old 2007-06-29, 08:38   Link #92
RRavage
CP9 Apprentice

Quote:
what is dragons powers? is he a df user? how strong is he exactly?
Some wind control devil fruit might be too powerful, for a time when people all go out to sea in search of a treasure...A hurricane should be a sailors worst nightmare so i guess...some wind creating devil fruit

Quote:
how exactly did blackbeard giv shanks the scar? [hopefully theyll show a flashbak of the fight]
Hitting the same spot 3 times is a bit hard so it can be some claw like weapon? or a warfork or something?

Quote:
what is shanks's df power? since he ate the one buggy wanted and STIlLL didnt sink while saving younger luffy
Shanks ate one? Buggy wanted the devil fruit their crew found (chop chop one) not gomu gomu no one.He was gonna keep it (and probably sell it) but accidently he ate it because of shanks.Shanks has no devil fruit power as we saw him swimming, but he has something else that not clear yet.

Quote:
does Mihawk use a DF? if so what is it?
Just extreme sword-fighting training,talents and weapon...

Quote:
wat is marine heads powers? does he use a DF? if so what is it
Political power? They are unreachable, controls the worlds strongest army force marines...Thats fair enough.Controlling the world is way much effective than brute force.

Quote:
what is whitebears power? does he use a DF, if so what is it? why is he on
support machines?
I always thought that Whitebeard is just filling the spot of "strongest man in the world" since pirate king died..like his crew and fearsome reputation from the past may be the only thing making him scary.There is a guy that overthrown Ace and getting first mate rank...he is still powerful to fight one on one anyway..wiki says he has 1600 man in his crew.Don Krieg had 5000 man in his armada..So they are more special than they look.We will see...

Quote:
why is garp only a vice admiral?
Vice Admiral is the highest point that a marine can achieve.It is more like a "legendary" title rather than just an admiral.
Old 2007-06-29, 08:52   Link #93
kadenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRavage View Post
Some wind control devil fruit might be too powerful, for a time when people all go out to sea in search of a treasure...A hurricane should be a sailors worst nightmare so i guess...some wind creating devil fruit

Hitting the same spot 3 times is a bit hard so it can be some claw like weapon? or a warfork or something?

Shanks ate one? Buggy wanted the devil fruit their crew found (chop chop one) not gomu gomu no one.He was gonna keep it (and probably sell it) but accidently he ate it because of shanks.Shanks has no devil fruit power as we saw him swimming, but he has something else that not clear yet.

Just extreme sword-fighting training,talents and weapon...

Political power? They are unreachable, controls the worlds strongest army force marines...Thats fair enough.Controlling the world is way much effective than brute force.

I always thought that Whitebeard is just filling the spot of "strongest man in the world" since pirate king died..like his crew and fearsome reputation from the past may be the only thing making him scary.There is a guy that overthrown Ace and getting first mate rank...he is still powerful to fight one on one anyway..wiki says he has 1600 man in his crew.Don Krieg had 5000 man in his armada..So they are more special than they look.We will see...

Vice Admiral is the highest point that a marine can achieve.It is more like a "legendary" title rather than just an admiral.

not flaming or anything but the response seems to contai a lot of speculation
>its not confirmed that dragon is a df user but from what he said about standing i tnw wind [or sumthin like that] in a prevous manga chapter im guessing it would b sumthin of that nature but again it mite not b aswel

>ya he mite hav used a war fork or a claw or sumthing, but it just goes to show how frikkin strong he is, and now hes got a df [and a crazy one at that] i wonder how he would fair vs other top pirates/marines/combatants in general

>i cant recall exactly what happened but i think he ate one but am not sure

>well nothing regarding mihwaks poiwer and skill has been revealed yet other then his "worlds greatest swordsman" title, so hes obviously can wield a sord well but does he hav DF powers along with that? its a possibility

> wen i said marine head i was referring to admiral sengoku, as in whats his lvl of power and does he use df, and if so which one

> ya i agree, but perhaps BB miite b able to rival him since he was able to scar a yonkou b4 his df abilitys and also beat ace, altho he may hav just barely scared shanks with all his effort pre DF ability and gotten away with his life

> isnt vice admiral 2nd to in command to admiral? like how vice president is to the actual pres? well if hes vice admiral to sengoku then id say its a worthy title, if not i think he should hav been awarded the admiral title for corenering roger so many times though the current admirals may have done more then that to recieve their titles too
Old 2007-06-29, 09:46   Link #94
ellifeedn
Thinker

After reading the recent chapters, I realized another mystery that wasn't mentioned:

Who was the pirate crew that left Laboon at the light house and what happened to them?

I know that it has been answered, but I felt that it was worth posting.

Also, does anyone think that the mini-arcs should deserve some attention? I mean look at the first three, the characters in those three eventually appeared in the story and the others may soon follow.
Old 2007-06-29, 10:16   Link #95
RRavage
CP9 Apprentice

Quote:
>its not confirmed that dragon is a df user but from what he said about standing i tnw wind [or sumthin like that] in a prevous manga chapter im guessing it would b sumthin of that nature but again it mite not b aswel
well it was a fan-based theory, many believes he has a wind controlling ability like he did at logue town.Still its not revelaed yet.

Quote:
>ya he mite hav used a war fork or a claw or sumthing, but it just goes to show how frikkin strong he is, and now hes got a df [and a crazy one at that] i wonder how he would fair vs other top pirates/marines/combatants in general
That makes me wonder that his old nemesis Shanks may help Luffy fight against BB if it ever happens.BB is not a one-on-one guy anymore, dangerous enough for df users, far more dangerous for non-df users

Quote:
>well nothing regarding mihwaks poiwer and skill has been revealed yet other then his "worlds greatest swordsman" title, so hes obviously can wield a sord well but does he hav DF powers along with that? its a possibility
Can be.There are many possibilities that one can break his limits in OP world..like rokushiri or Luffy's grandpa's fist of love...DF is just a power-up.I think what makes Mihawk,Shanks,WB strong is, that they came to that place without using any power-up items.

Quote:
> wen i said marine head i was referring to admiral sengoku, as in whats his lvl of power and does he use df, and if so which one
oh that guy...not sure..Considering that shichibukai's are carefree against World Goverment, He insulted them and tell them to get serious.Looks powerful

Quote:
> ya i agree, but perhaps BB miite b able to rival him since he was able to scar a yonkou b4 his df abilitys and also beat ace, altho he may hav just barely scared shanks with all his effort pre DF ability and gotten away with his life
BB might be as adept as Shanks and Mihawk when it comes to close-combat...or y it can be a luck shot too..but i dont think Shanks would care for a lucky shot that much to follow Blackbeard all that time...As he said in first eposides, Shanks only goes berserk when a friend of his gets hurt..So Blackbeard may slaughtred someone important for him at past..to make him stalk all that time? just a theory thou..

Quote:
> isnt vice admiral 2nd to in command to admiral? like how vice president is to the actual pres? well if hes vice admiral to sengoku then id say its a worthy title, if not i think he should hav been awarded the admiral title for corenering roger so many times though the current admirals may have done more then that to recieve their titles too
Well at wiki ranks are like :

Fleet Admiral > Admiral > Vice Admiral > Commodore > Captain

Fleet Admiral (Sengoku)
Admiral (Aokiji,Akainu,Kizaru)
Vice-Admiral (Garp,5 commanders of Buster Call)
Commmodre (Smoker)
Captain (Axe hand morgan,Hina...)

I know Vice-Admiral rank is too low for Garp...But Fleet Admiral and Admirals are more like "non-action" ranks.Fleet Commander and Admirals are just giving orders and order permissions for Vice-Admirals.Vice Admirals are the ones who destroys the target.With all his might and reputation, Garp suits being Vice-Admiral more...

Last edited by RRavage; 2007-06-29 at 16:06.
Old 2007-07-03, 08:07   Link #96
kadenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRavage View Post
That makes me wonder that his old nemesis Shanks may help Luffy fight against BB if it ever happens.BB is not a one-on-one guy anymore, dangerous enough for df users, far more dangerous for non-df users

yeah i think he would need ppls help to beat BB, though BB does hav 2 take full/xtra impact with physica atks so who knows =P

Can be.There are many possibilities that one can break his limits in OP world..like rokushiri or Luffy's grandpa's fist of love...DF is just a power-up.I think what makes Mihawk,Shanks,WB strong is, that they came to that place without using any power-up items.

shanks and wb mite be df users too

oh that guy...not sure..Considering that shichibukai's are carefree against World Goverment, He insulted them and tell them to get serious.Looks powerful

yh, i get the feeling we wont see him in action though it would hav been kool if we did

BB might be as adept as Shanks and Mihawk when it comes to close-combat...or y it can be a luck shot too..but i dont think Shanks would care for a lucky shot that much to follow Blackbeard all that time...As he said in first eposides, Shanks only goes berserk when a friend of his gets hurt..So Blackbeard may slaughtred someone important for him at past..to make him stalk all that time? just a theory thou..

ur right about that, just watched the latest episode and shanks was saying how he wasnt being carefree in the battle and that bb was freakishly strong but just using wb's name as a shadow and guise for his true intentions

Well at wiki ranks are like :

Fleet Admiral > Admiral > Vice Admiral > Commodore > Captain

Fleet Admiral (Sengoku)
Admiral (Aokiji,Akainu,Kizaru)
Vice-Admiral (Garp,5 commanders of Buster Call)
Commmodre (Smoker)
Captain (Axe hand morgan,Hina...)

I know Vice-Admiral rank is too low for Garp...But Fleet Admiral and Admirals are more like "non-action" ranks.Fleet Commander and Admirals are just giving orders and order permissions for Vice-Admirals.Vice Admirals are the ones who destroys the target.With all his might and reputation, Garp suits being Vice-Admiral more...

i get the feeling the navy wouldnt let sum1 with monkey.D in their name reach too high a position.....and perhaps garp prefers being more involved in the action like u said
blahblahblah
Old 2007-07-17, 22:19   Link #97
Psycho Power J
Taking in Life's hits

Does Nico Robin's power only allows her to sprout duplicates of only part of her limbs, or is a full body reproduction possible? If so, are clothes included or just her natural body? Can they act independently?

You know you're curious...
Old 2007-07-18, 12:29   Link #98
cy_ph3r
Pirate King

sometime's she uses an eye and ears to sprout somewhere to spy. maybe she can duplicate other parts as well. I thinks its only limited to her natural part of body, not as a whole.
Old 2007-08-29, 04:56   Link #99
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

to the guys who said shanks ate a devil fruit he didnt hes just extremely talented at sword fightin and probably just sheer physical force. my question is everyone with the D from a special city in the void age or something. and to the dude below me shanks is a yonkou not a shichibukai

Last edited by sanzo; 2007-09-20 at 18:38. Reason: ;'
Old 2007-08-31, 05:37   Link #100
EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Ed'sAnnoyingSister

Send a message via AIM to EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Crocodile View Post
I have found a image of the Shichibukai and must say it doesn't really look like Shanks cos look:
http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdvd0885ob.png
-None of them looks like Berthomew Bear or Donflamingo
-Look at the picture there is no sword that looks like The Sword Of Mihawk
So its Obvious this is only a scetch or a shadow drawing of the Shichibukai
Actualy in the picture none of them have wepons.And I can see Mihawks outline in the very middle,so Shanks could be a part of it,and I ave good eyes with pictures.
Closed Thread