AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-12, 00:39   Link #561
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Logas is the leader of the CHAOS Eternals. The leader of the Law Eternals is Myugi.

Eien Shinkens, no matter how powerful or wise they are, need wielders for them to fully manifest their strength. And no, Eien Shinkens are defined by their wielders for the most part, because without them they are not complete. Eien no Aselia and Seinarukana emphasizes on this. And not all of their names are meant to represent their powers. For example, Nozomu's "Dawn" and Zetsu's "Dusk". Their names refer closely more to how they were born and what they meant to either of them.

Think of it this way. While they do come into existence on their own, they still pretty much require a wielder, are defined by their wielder, and similarly also define their wielder. Eien Shinkens are less about concepts and more about that.
Logas is of Chaos? Whoops. My mistake.

Often times they do define the user, and that happens for the sake of story writing. Other times, it doesn't seem that way. For example, take Temuorin. She's more like a person who brings chaos than order. I'm not saying they don't define the user, but it's not always the case...least from what I can tell. My only gripe was simply what they're defined as/what they embodied that seemed unbalanced when it came to ranking them, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Eien no Aselia got licensed and released in English a month ago or so. I daresay that Seinarukana will also be in the next few years. So seeing Seinarukana translated in full may happen eventually.
Yes, but hopefully the fan translation, and not JAST.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 05:59   Link #562
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, JAST has just picked up Seinarukana., announced at Anime Expo 2011. At least the English release is happening. Hope they get the translation right.
Old 2011-07-02, 12:46   Link #563
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Yep, at least we got a translation for this game I hope it won't take that long like what they did to Demonbane

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 18:38   Link #564
lightl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Yep, at least we got a translation for this game I hope it won't take that long like what they did to Demonbane
Well since they are working with the tl wiki group who doing it now, can follow progress on there and its updated once a month at least http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Seinarukana
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 12:57   Link #565
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It'll be released sometime 2012 is what I hear. This is one game I'd buy for certain. Loved it without translations so finally seeing what people are saying will be a bonus. Although I read translations of the Satsuki route and my general feeling seemed to be right. And it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the little trick Jatzieta played on Katima in the Katima route. That 2nd scene is priceless.
Old 2011-07-03, 16:36   Link #566
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

I'd be mad if they weren't working with the fan translation group. It'd been terrible to let NightEye159's awesome translation go to waste. I just hope JAST won't heavily edit/localize the script in order to appeal to the general public...
Old 2011-07-03, 23:32   Link #567
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

But NightEye suddenly vanished I'm not too familiar with translation things, but I think we can expect similar quality if the same editor is doing it..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 00:06   Link #568
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

By the way, was the sequel to this scrapped since the core of the people that did this at Xuse left to form their own company?
Old 2011-08-03, 01:22   Link #569
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The people who left Xuse to form their own company (Eternal) left in 2008. While this was made in 2007 so I would guess not.
Old 2011-08-03, 05:49   Link #570
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

I don't believe so since...
Spoiler for Xuse 2011 calendar :

Xuse did a 2011 calendar for the Chaos and Law Eternals who'll most likely show up in the next game. I hope the main staff behind the Eternity Sword series who left to form Eternal will at least collaborate with Xuse, who holds the rights to the ES series. Takase Naobun is like the main brain behind the ES series, so it wouldn't be the same without him.

That's Myuugi there on the cover, if anyone is wondering.
Old 2011-08-05, 15:40   Link #571
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Is this a sequel in name only or do you need to play the first game to understand it? So far I'm loving the game just by looking at the screenshots. This is a definite buy for me, well once the translation is finished... Shame that there won't be a hard copy.

And one more question, how many routes for heroines are there?
Old 2011-08-05, 16:24   Link #572
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

You don't need to play the first game (Eien no Aselia) to understand this one - it takes place in the same universe and revolves around largely the same concepts, but that's as far as it goes. One of the heroines of the first game has a very minor role in this one, and Euphoria, the daughter of Yuuto and Aselia, the main heroe/heroine of Eien no Aselia, is a playable character in Seinarukana, but neither will impact your understanding of the story in any way.

The main cast is entirely different, as are some of the concepts, and seeing the main character is a normal guy who gets dragged in to the events surrounding Eternals and Eternity Swords, everything will be explained as the story goes on. Very little knowledge is assumed on the part of the player. I say this as someone who played Seinarukana first as well. Took me a a year or two in between to stumble upon Aselia There were a few "Ahh, so that's what it was" moments that had light shed upon them with the extra knowledge of the first game, but those were more like little perks than issues of major relevance.

As for Heroine paths ...

Narukana (unavailable at first playthrough), Satsuki, Nozomi, Naya, Katima and Ruputna, for a grand total of 6.
Old 2011-08-06, 08:17   Link #573
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
^ Wow, another clear reply from Skyfall. Thanks a lot, that is all the info that I need. Sorry, can't give you any rep+ since I already spread some cookies your way. So if anyone is willing in my name I'll be thankful.
Old 2011-08-06, 11:55   Link #574
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I want my Euphoria route!!! (isn't she just adorable???)

At first I thought the girl at the cover of the official calender is aselia. She has a rather calm and noble aura.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 02:28   Link #575
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Spoiler for Law Eternals:
Spoiler for Chaos Eternals:

Intro info on these Eternals are at here.

Last edited by Zetsuen_no_Myuu; 2012-08-21 at 21:29.
Old 2011-08-09, 02:15   Link #576
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

huh... in seinarukana they said Euphie was a law eternal, now she is chaos? Or she likes to swap faction now or then
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 03:54   Link #577
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

There are various speculations surrounding her alignment regarding that statement (her being law), and most of them revolve around some fishy stuff. Euphie is originally a Chaos Eternal, same as Yuuto and Aselia (her parents) and any deviations from that should be viewed with suspicion. I mean, in simplified terms Chaos Eternals = good, Law Eternals = evil. Can you really imagine our bubbly bundle of overflowing cuteness going Law with honest intentions ?
Old 2011-08-24, 23:26   Link #578
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

It's not like Euphoria isn't going against her parents' wishes though. She's following Rogas who can see her destiny, which intertwines with others (like Nozumi and Narukana) and is pivotal between the eternal battle between Law and Chaos. Euphoria's final two Orichalcum Name sums up her true role, which is to be the Arbitrator/Mediator of Law and Chaos.

Well, I guess I'll ask here. Does anyone have a complete archive of nighteye159's translation that he did for Narukana route? The archive I have only goes up to chapter 12, part 3.

*Edit*

In case anyone wants it, the archive of nighteye159's translated excerpts/summaries that I have is here

Last edited by Zetsuen_no_Myuu; 2011-08-25 at 04:32.
Old 2011-08-29, 09:16   Link #579
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

well after listen to the EnA's drama CD, Euphie is pretty much on the chaos side. Also it explains why Euphie is in Seinarukana. Actually if Narukana just follow Euphie back to her home, she would meet Rogas ^^;;; Also Euphie has some special bond with Tokimi. She pretty much babysit her when Yuuto and Aselia are away for a mission

Spoiler:
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 13:02   Link #580
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'd like to alert other Seinarukana fans here about something.

I know Seinarukana merchandise is hard to come by.

But apparently some has finally got a release.

They;re mainly pillowcase covers. And expensive ones. But, if you really want it, fork out.

The places to check out are AmiAmi and 1999. I went after the Katima one but it seemed to be sold out. 1999 couldn't find a back-order copy. AmiAmi tried for nearly 2 weeks and today sent me a message saying that after their primary sources came up empty, their secondaries had one. So I forked out 150 dollars for it. Somewhat insane, but this will probably be the one chance to get Katima merchandise of any kind, so I went for it.

Most of the females are available - only Naya and Ruputna didn't get made. There's also a Satsuki/Narukana pairing and the sprites also got made.

So if you were keen on getting something involving the Seinarukana characters merchandise-wise - now's your chance. I barely got the Katima one. Make sure you don't miss your fave if you're super keen. If you are forced to resort to back-orders, go with AmiAmi - they have much better success rates at finding scarcer items. However 1999 do seem to have some versions AmiAmi doesn't, so check both.

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel