AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 14:09   Link #121
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Really? Because Clannad and Kanon had named girls that had no arc or route with Tomoya/Yuichi. At least their anime shows had such girls. And for me, that made their anime worlds more realistic and hence easier to buy into.
Well not every single girl, just most of the ones who hang around you all the time.

There was never any sex in Clannad though (except when *spolier* and *spoiler* have a kid of course, but it's not explicit in any way). But in Kanon you could lay any of the main 6 girls and see a yuri CG of Mai and her friend (can't remember her name right now) (I think it was just a dream, but I don't have the H version of the game so I don't know personally).

And I agree, as far as Key games go H scenes are unnecessary and detract from the story imo (except Tomoyo After I hear). I don't know why they bother putting scenes in if they can't write them to actually bestow a boner, or at least further the relationship. Fun fact: The song below plays during H scenes in Little Busters EX. >_>
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
But maybe it's just me. Uguu it hurts~

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-18 at 14:26.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 14:20   Link #122
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Well not all the girls, just most of the ones who hang around you all the time.

There was never any sex in Clannad though. But in Kanon you could lay any of the main 6 girls and see a yuri CG of Mai and her friend (can't remember her name right now).
There are more than 6 named girls in Kanon, though.

I'm just saying that it's good to have female characters that aren't heavily into the male lead. It can offer a different perspective, and a welcomed change of pace narrative-wise. With this in mind, I'm kind of glad that Kanata isn't joining the Little Busters even though she has reforged her bond with Haruka. I like how Kanata is now a sort of "one foot outside, one foot inside" periphery protagonist. It makes the world of LB seem a bit bigger, more whole.
Old 2013-02-18, 14:28   Link #123
Kudryavka

Quote:
There are more than 6 named girls in Kanon, though.

I'm just saying that it's good to have female characters that aren't heavily into the male lead. It can offer a different perspective, and a welcomed change of pace narrative-wise. With this in mind, I'm kind of glad that Kanata isn't joining the Little Busters even though she has reforged her bond with Haruka. I like how Kanata is now a sort of "one foot outside, one foot inside" periphery protagonist. It makes the world of LB seem a bit bigger, more whole.
Yeah, it is good to have a few girls who can resist the man's lovely charms.
Old 2013-02-18, 14:36   Link #124
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

And I agree, as far as Key games go H scenes are unnecessary and detract from the story imo (except Tomoyo After I hear). I don't know why they bother putting scenes in if they can't write them to actually bestow a boner, or at least further the relationship. Fun fact: The song below plays during H scenes in Little Busters EX. >_>
YouTube
That's sex music?

LOL!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard/learned all day!

If anything, this is music you listen to while you spend a warm and relaxing evening with family and friends, drinking hot cocoa. It's certainly not something that would put me/keep me in the mood for sex, lol.
Old 2013-02-18, 17:21   Link #125
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Well not every single girl, just most of the ones who hang around you all the time.

There was never any sex in Clannad though (except when *spolier* and *spoiler* have a kid of course, but it's not explicit in any way). But in Kanon you could lay any of the main 6 girls and see a yuri CG of Mai and her friend (can't remember her name right now) (I think it was just a dream, but I don't have the H version of the game so I don't know personally).

YouTube
awww yeah, I'm feelin it now.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 21:01   Link #126
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Fun fact: The song below plays during H scenes in Little Busters EX. >_>
Can someone send me back in time to 5 minutes ago, when I didn't know about this?

also, tell me Riki falls asleep in the middle of the act in at least one route?
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:02   Link #127
Mcfart

I'm going to force this conversation to change, lol.

Interestingly enough, I didn't remember this when I played the VN, but Kud seems to be an example of someone who's intelligent, but dosen't function well in an academic setting. I didn't expect that from something from Japan, since I always assumed they were more stringent aboot their system, whereas in the West there are alternatives to the classic classroom setting.
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 07:44   Link #128
Zankoku12

My reaction to the above conversation:
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 10:11   Link #129
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
My reaction to the above conversation:
D'awww, thank you... I've always wanted to be a drug/emotion. I thought I'm more of a crack person though.
Old 2013-02-19, 11:13   Link #130
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Really? Because Clannad and Kanon had named girls that had no arc or route with Tomoya/Yuichi. At least their anime shows had such girls. And for me, that made their anime worlds more realistic and hence easier to buy into.
I don't know about Kanon but Clannad had quite a few routes that were scrapped or butchered in the anime.

It's not a problem to have tons of route in VNs since they usually don't happen in the same "timeline". It's not like the MCs actually build harems, they're involved with one girl per world. I assume that's how it worked in the Little Busters VN as well.

The anime made the choice to have everything take place in one timeline, so that creates the kind of issues which are usually solved by removing the romantic component of each route save one. None of the girls in the anime are actually into Riki. They're really just friends. Heck, at this point Kyousuke and Masato have shown more attraction toward Riki than the girls have
Old 2013-02-19, 11:55   Link #131
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know about Kanon but Clannad had quite a few routes that were scrapped or butchered in the anime.

It's not a problem to have tons of route in VNs since they usually don't happen in the same "timeline". It's not like the MCs actually build harems, they're involved with one girl per world. I assume that's how it worked in the Little Busters VN as well.

The anime made the choice to have everything take place in one timeline, so that creates the kind of issues which are usually solved by removing the romantic component of each route save one. None of the girls in the anime are actually into Riki. They're really just friends. Heck, at this point Kyousuke and Masato have shown more attraction toward Riki than the girls have
I don't know... That one episode with Trap!Riki in it certainly felt harem-esque to me. The girls all seemed to be pretty into him there.

But to be fair, a lot of it depends on how the narrative develops from here. I do think they successfully de-romanticzed Mio and Haruka's arcs. Komari's had a touch of romantic feeling to it, but it was slight, and mostly one-sided.
Old 2013-02-26, 22:20   Link #132
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You have no idea how much I want post a couple of major spoilers to fully explain this.
Simply put...it should (I say should cause I no longer trust JC with anything >_>) be explained near the end. All I can say is, the Little Busters VN doesn't really work like other VNs when it comes to the routes.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-25, 05:58   Link #133
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

There was a crowdfunding campaign for a Kud spinoff movie? Now, it's gone international

https://otakumode.com/projects/kudwa...ontent=IMG_02a
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote