AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-23, 16:37   Link #18841
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Also... WHAT THE FUCK, OVER?!

Kagerou makes Nanoha angsty and emo, and plans to bring her out of it, and the complaints pile on.

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO FUCK OVER HAYATE AND GET NO COMMENTS?! WHERE ARE THE FUCKING HAXBUSTERs?! WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DOUBLE STANDARD?! ARK I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

*angry*

It's not the plan I'm angry at. It's the double standards. This is something that's going to permanantly fuck over Hayate and people are gleeful about it. Kagerou was going to have just a temporary mindfuck and both of us get jumped on.

*sighs* Ah, well. That's life.
...*facepalm*
Okay what. No one got jumped on here, Goose, the only people who were doing any jumping were TK and Ark, and half of that is TK's "job" as haxxbuster of the OC. We've gone over all the details anyway .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I don't think they've looked it over yet

Also, there's a fundamental difference between Tormenk's concept and Kagerou's: Tormenk's was a one-shot crack, and we're just toying around with the idea, whereas Kagerou's is a serious attempt at bringing angst as part of Nanoha's character.

I'll leave you to duke it out later, just my two cents
Meh, it's half serious and half not. Trust me when I say the second half is going to consist of heavy amounts of the following (Not spoilers, because simply, these will be such overarching elements it'll be hard not to see them coming XD):

- Kickass OP (More kickass than the first? It's possible!)
- Nanoha being made of GAR and WIN (I made up something just for her, for the second half: Valkyrie Mode)
- Fate and a little title/rank called Arbiter.
- Summon magic in spades. Expect a dragon called Tiamat.
- A ship called the Hand of Durandal.
- Ace Combat versions of space fighters. The SR-103C Space Delphius, for example. To get even more specific, the SR-103NT Space Delphius NT-Type. What does the N stand for? It's easy to figure out.
- What happens when you take the Zerg and mix it with the Flood? The Spawn of Razgriz.
- Ascendant Justice. Unyielding Hierophant. Truth and Reconciliation. Shadow of Intent. Pious Inquisitor. Do any of these names sound familiar?
- Keroko. Riding an avatar of Deathwing. Is it possible? Or am I just making it up?
- Aurion, preferably, will be his most badass, ever.
- The Master Chief. Need I say more? (And if you're thinking that MC and Fate have awesome team-up, you'd probably be right.)
- HOTBLOOD and MANLINESS from our hotblooded friends Smith, Wesson, and Franz.
- And that's not the half of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
I'm not the expert here since i only saw a comment or two about the "nanoha angsty and emo" story, but i thought that was about nanoha going like that more or less suddenly, without much outside influence...

...on the other hand, we're planning on having most of hayates friends blatandly betray her...

i think those two things are worlds apart, as i recall, people were jumping on the fact that no one could find it realistical that nanoha would just suddenly lapse to angst/emo mode...
what we're planning here, is a major AU where most of the friends and family that hayate has are going to turn her world upside down, shake it around and rip it to pieces, making it seem realistical that she'd get fucked up in the head...

Edit: er, not planning then, just thinking about it
On the contrary, I don't do things unless it's possible. Nanoha is going to be angsty and emo because I'm giving her reasons to be. The backstory will be explained, but suffice to say that some of the worst things that would even drive the happiest and most stable individual to tears will happen to her (nothing overly traumatic, like rape and murder).

Her comeback will be fuckwin, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Well if TK doesn't react the same way to the crack as to Kagerou's suggestion then by all means rant away.

I don't think I actually commented on that plan, but you have to admit that at the beginning the flak that it got was due to a lack of detail in the suggestion (how she would be getting to such a point that genki nanoha becomes emo nanoha..) Once you had laid out the framework as to how it actually happened I didn't really have a major problem with it.

Plus as you've no doubt noticed Ark's only a guest to the thread, only commenting on things that catch his eye among the things that fly around in here. If you really want him to comment on it, you'll have a better chance by pm so he actually knows it's there.. For all that we know, he never saw the thing.

All I can say to you and Kagerou is to not give a damm about us/the thread and just write it. Who knows, the naysayers might actually like the thing.
*noted*

Quote:
To be honest, I don't like betrayals or bad things happening to cute girls. And really, what I was highly annoyed about was, as I said, the ruckus over emo Nanoha while there was such enthusiastic glee over fucking over Hayatechan permanantly. (Because of all the aces, she's the best for cuddling. Except maybe loli Nanoha.)

Anyway, let's just agree to drop the matter.

(From the writer standpoint, I understand COMPLETELY the possibilities. Just saying that for the record.)

Regards the Cradle, my take on it:

Al-Hazard spanned all over the place. Belkans found the Cradle, rebuilt it, refitted the OS to speak Belkan, and used it in a first strike on Mid. (Presumably.) However, things went wrong and the Cradle made a controlled crash landing (lol oxymoron) and was then hidden by the Belkans in preparation for incase shit hit the fan an eventually was forgotten.

Senario 2: fleeing from some sorta fuckup, te Cradle deposits Belkan refugees in what later becomes the Belkan SAR. Once done, the command crew crash land the Cradle into a promising location, and then hide it with eath and stuff; the idea is that should the refugees be opressed the Cradle will rise. Belkans are not opressed by Mids, the cradle is left alone and forgotten.
Agreed.
Old 2008-01-23, 16:55   Link #18842
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
On the contrary, I don't do things unless it's possible. Nanoha is going to be angsty and emo because I'm giving her reasons to be. The backstory will be explained, but suffice to say that some of the worst things that would even drive the happiest and most stable individual to tears will happen to her (nothing overly traumatic, like rape and murder).

Makes sense then, though i'm a little confused as to what is considered traumatic enough to make her lapse into angst if no one is murdered... i suppose regular deaths could also do this, but i somehow can't see her mulling about so easily...

...oh well, it's your fic, show us how it's done
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-01-23, 19:13   Link #18843
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Question, since I know no German:

Would it be a safe assumption that there have been no significant linguistic shifts in the Belka language from the time of Ancient Belka to present day? I'm basing this on the "Belka" German spoken by the automated systems on the Cradle.
I assumed that old Belka spoke in a more formal tone, while Modernites have a bit more slang, but not as big a proportion as everyday Midchilda. This is a cultural crossreference, not canon data, so caveat here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Hmm...now that you mention it, it does sound like a TRC Syaoran type .
And that's what makes it soooo kakui~~!!!

Quote:
One day...
I just didn't want to put in any definite pairings since it IS Aaron's story. It's just a little WAFF on the side
Fluffy~~~ <3

Quote:
Meh, it's half serious and half not. Trust me when I say the second half is going to consist of heavy amounts of the following (Not spoilers, because simply, these will be such overarching elements it'll be hard not to see them coming XD):

- Nanoha being made of GAR and WIN (I made up something just for her, for the second half: Valkyrie Mode)
- Ace Combat versions of space fighters. The SR-103C Space Delphius, for example. To get even more specific, the SR-103NT Space Delphius NT-Type. What does the N stand for? It's easy to figure out.
- What happens when you take the Zerg and mix it with the Flood? The Spawn of Razgriz.
- Ascendant Justice. Unyielding Hierophant. Truth and Reconciliation. Shadow of Intent. Pious Inquisitor. Do any of these names sound familiar?
- Keroko. Riding an avatar of Deathwing. Is it possible? Or am I just making it up?
- The Master Chief. Need I say more? (And if you're thinking that MC and Fate have awesome team-up, you'd probably be right.)
Lets see if this GAR!Nano take is feasible and yet can win her a better placing at SaiGAR.

The Lightning Arbiter... Now I see where Teresa's title Lightning Angel came from.

Newtype?! Btw, anyone ever considered the possibility that Nanoha is NT?

Magic the Gathering...

Keroko as ?

DOES COMPUTE.
Old 2008-01-23, 20:10   Link #18844
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Way back in Season 1 when Yuuno crash-landed on Earth, what made him crash-land? What happened to the rest of the crew, if any?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Here's what is Nanohawiki has to say about Ancient Belka:

古代ベルカ †
古代ベルカ式魔法発祥の地であり、闇の書やヴォルケンリッターの故郷とも言える次元世界。
そこは、聖王と呼ばれる王が治めていたが、ロストロギアの暴走で滅びたとも言われる。また、少 数ながら難民 としてミッドに逃れた人もいるらしい。
聖王の遺伝子を持ったヴィヴィオが「遺伝子的に古代ベルカ時代、約300年前の人物が母親」と 言われていた 事から、少なくとも約300年前には古代ベルカは残っていた模様。

Basically, Ancient Belka was destroyed 300 yrs before StrikerS due to Lost Logia rampage (how, which and why isn't stated). Only a handful of survivors managed to escape to Mid after its destruction, perhaps (or rather most likely) via the Cradle. Nanohaverse's Elendil and folk, perhaps?
Quote:
Now there's a plotbunny.

Do we know if Ancient Belka originated (or had its seat of power) on Midchilda (as in the planet), or did they come from somewhere else?

The Cradle was seen to be an ancient Lost Logia (or whatever the equivalent term was Back Then) by Ancient Belka, and they retrofitted it to serve themselves. So they finished using it, and then... buried it under the ground? Or something? Or am I wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
A crash can't possibly end up several strata underground (as seen in canon) without disturbing the top layers around it, unless it landed in a giant Cradle-sized cave at the exact moment and angle. Something I don't think a captain wanting to save his passengers would want to aim his dying ship at.

A crash of something that big at reentry velocity would cover all of Midchilda in a dust cloud for centuries, causing mass extinction. This is something that puzzled me since the days of the UC colony drops. So how big does something have to be to kick up the eternal duststorm supposedly responsible for MEEs?

Anime shows that the Cradle must've been buried for ages, but then Wiki says it might've been just another Exodar. Which one is true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Actually, the bit about the 300 years says that because of the evidence of Vivio's genetic parentage, it appears that Ancient Belka still existed at least 300 years ago. People on Midchilda must have really short memories...

Hmm, first post in here I think...
Right, concidering I am writing a fic on the subject of the Belkan Empire's fall (even though deadlines are murdering me at the moment) I'll give my take on the subject:

Over the final years of its existence, the Belkan Empire got itself in a number huge wars, both internal and external, that tore the Empire apart. Huge amounts of betrayals and powerhungry warlords caused the once great Empire to shatter. In the final battle, the Cradle was too badly damaged to continue service, and they landed on the closest planet, buried it, and decided to lay low in order to avoid complete eradication.

Yes, I know, short and lacking in detail, but its the rough storyline without spoilers.

Quote:
Well, technically Keroko is an avatar of Deathwing.

But riding a black dragon is possible, as long as Keroko either went evil or somehow managed to hammer out a truce (the hammering bit can be taken literally if desired).

Quote:
Keroko as ?

DOES COMPUTE.
Ah, Rise of Destiny. Good booster, lots of good effect cards. Harpy deckbuilders love it.
Old 2008-01-23, 20:42   Link #18845
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Makes sense then, though i'm a little confused as to what is considered traumatic enough to make her lapse into angst if no one is murdered... i suppose regular deaths could also do this, but i somehow can't see her mulling about so easily...

...oh well, it's your fic, show us how it's done
I'll try XD. I have one more short that's something of a foreshadowing of the events in Alpha (though takes place noticeably sooner), then the angst!phase, followed by the badass!phase.

Quote:
Lets see if this GAR!Nano take is feasible and yet can win her a better placing at SaiGAR.
Well, it's the same Nanoha as we see in StrikerS, but with a healthy infusing of badass from being "dark" for so long and returning to the "light".

Quote:
The Lightning Arbiter... Now I see where Teresa's title Lightning Angel came from.
Perhaps. But Arbiter has another meaning in this story. The title of Arbiter goes just beyond your element. It's your destiny.

Quote:
Close.

Quote:
Magic the Gathering...

Keroko as ?

DOES COMPUTE.
I was thinking more of Keroko-chan riding this monster.

Spoiler for Keroko's Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Over the final years of its existence, the Belkan Empire got itself in a number huge wars, both internal and external, that tore the Empire apart. Huge amounts of betrayals and powerhungry warlords caused the once great Empire to shatter. In the final battle, the Cradle was too badly damaged to continue service, and they landed on the closest planet, buried it, and decided to lay low in order to avoid complete eradication.

Yes, I know, short and lacking in detail, but its the rough storyline without spoilers.
Well we know the actual writing will be made of win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, technically Keroko is an avatar of Deathwing.

But riding a black dragon is possible, as long as Keroko either went evil or somehow managed to hammer out a truce (the hammering bit can be taken literally if desired).
Noted. Taking "Hammered out" to a whole new level XD .
Old 2008-01-23, 21:38   Link #18846
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Noted. Taking "Hammered out" to a whole new level XD .
Reminds me of that StrikerS Nano by Skane about the Aces taming berserk!Friediche. Ah the good old days.
Old 2008-01-23, 21:46   Link #18847
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
...Okay, NOW add a liberal dosage of the 82nd, and you have INSTANT EPIC WIN!!!

Quote:
Reminds me of that StrikerS Nano by Skane about the Aces taming berserk!Friediche. Ah the good old days.

If I remember correctly, the Aces basically beat the crap out of Fried while Caro stood on the sidelines...
Old 2008-01-24, 00:21   Link #18848
Satty
Slash!

Let's see here...

Quote:
In other news, I've successfully adapted the Gundams into the Nanohaverse without them being mecha at all, and guys can all wear it without looking weird. Design-wise, it was reverse-engineered from the Tau battlesuits (adapted from Gundam, as claimed by Games Workshop) used by the Linda Clones of Celestial Being.

More details when Rebuilt gets underway, as Riot 6 will come to "conveniently" capture the Stahlmut Mk.II from Celestial Being. ...

Aurion: But what about Mk. II's Boxer Frame...
Chao: Don't discuss plans in public!
I see...but Gundam not being mecha?
Okay...

Quote:
EDIT: Just as we were getting comfortable with the crack fort each of us may be building, from DestinyS to Rebuilt, Tsuzuki may really have decided to strike Forth.

"Every body now. On 2. 1, 2..."

"H0LY 5HYT"

Looks like its time to organize another round of hop-skotch. I'd say Tsuzuki'd do something similar to whatever I had planned for the MageWarrior series and screw it up like StrikerS.

BUT let's see if der Kleriker continues to prove why "I Am Legend" in surviving the next onslaught.

Otherwise, that MTV of Jay Chou's "Wo Bu Pei" is gonna come in handy for "The Breakup of Tessalgar Square"...
A new season? I don't trust it but you never know...

Quote:

EDIT: Pardon the bad pun, but I just did the Numbers...

Kha's harem family:

CC
Fate
Cinque
Sein
Otto
Nove
Dieci
Wendi
Deed
Teana
Hayate
Carim
Nanoha

OC
Sakura AKA Saber Vivio
Sak-chan
Tohkiha Ringo AKA Sophia Alexei
Chao Lingshen AKA Wang Liu Mei
Caren H. Garcia
Kia
Keroko (depends on timeline)
Mai Enna
CC
Minerva
Chachamaru
Chachazero
Trieze (I think she's one of the Cinque-gen )
Unrevealed Numbers 14-20 (apparently there was no blast to kill these unactivated Cinque-gen in canon)

That's 33 ladies folks... Negi...

"There, I come for you!"

*runs really fast from panda snipers*
*readies pistol*
Kha...explain...now.

Quote:
Let's throw her first crush Kha into the mix... Maybe in that timeline, Nanoha is dead and Kha is an agent for Jail as an SRW.

I think I hear Aaron whimper.
Now we're messing Hayate up even more? And I thought she had enough with the
shafting in StrikerS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wanna up the ente?

Play games with her. Make it so that HALF of those things are true, while the other half are made up.

In the end, she won't know what is true anymore.
Higurashi, much?

Quote:

Nice...I'll be looking forward to this.
Old 2008-01-24, 00:44   Link #18849
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Okay Goose, I'm here, where's the fire? Battery wants to use the Lance Rifle configuration...
Old 2008-01-24, 00:49   Link #18850
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
*Braces for impact*

Quote:
And the third one can be more kickass than the other two and so on...

Quote:
Does that involve a Divine/Celestial Entity?

If not, then Nanoha is fine for escalation into the [Insert ordinal number here] and most Holiest Saint Royal...

[Sankt (sp?) Kaiser] Vivio: I now bestow upon you...

[Divine Mother] ??????: The Crown of [Insert Artifact here]

*runs*

Quote:
I hope it does not involve putting things in a stasis field... oh wait, Fate is Lightning aligned...

*Runs from Protoss and Fate*

Quote:
OMG NOT THAT!!!

*Dials the number for Marduk*

Quote:
Battleship, passing thru!!! Battleship, passing thru!!!

Quote:
Will not Guess the N... But does it have an improved COFFIN System?

I have dibs on what i'll get as well... as well as few of my own designed fighters- though some are ripoffs... i think

*goes shopping*

Quote:
*cue in end of the world music*
Quote:

Do they have weakpoints that i can shoot at?

*locks and loads TR-14 rifle*

Quote:
Keroko is the Deathwing... but riding another dragon?

COMPUTING...

Quote:
And no Alma to boot...

*thinks*

*Scraps the Almaria revivial in AlternateS II and decides on another one*

Quote:
WE NEED MORE SPARTAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNSSSSSS~

Quote:
Saint X: Mai, there will be a new addition to your list...

Quote:
Second Impact much?

====

just some Quick Comments

@ Strike Forth/Fourth:

Saint X: The more twisted the timeline becomes, the better, the more fallen the Bureau becomes, even better...

Just as planned even

@ Kha:

Remind me when you get back from SG...

we need to clarify Dio's place, the Belkan homeworld... and a lot of things...

Bridget: I'm almost there!!!

Saint X drags Bridget back into the Character Vault...

And on a Side note...

Just read MSN 200...

Rakan is another student of the sword that cleaves [insert anything here]!!!

*runs*
Old 2008-01-24, 01:10   Link #18851
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Hmm... mind-numbing insanity, check. Random crossover madness with Nanoha, check.

I guess the only thing to do is do as Wild suggested...

*Plants the seeds of destruction awesome.*
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1441314/

Crash just joined the party.
Old 2008-01-24, 01:16   Link #18852
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
In fact, the Cradle rose from underneath a sizeable layer of earth, upon which had grown a respectable forest.

300 years is a long time, but not, I think, that long. At least, not without some outside intervention.
Unless there was an extremely massive geological event that somehow turned a body of water into a landmass that buries the Cradle with several meters of strata, then yes 300 years is too short a time for such a theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Hotbloodness and crack mixed together for a great recipe.
*sniffs*

Delicious isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
The foreshadowing about the Saint Church had been promising but in any case, yes I have been all along.
Glad to hear. It's an intriguing case, but I wouldn't want to see Hayate have to go through more pain than she already has...

Unless Aaron's writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Hmm. Barring future events, the possibility of Nanoha walking down Graham's path has been cut off with StrikerS. Interesting nonetheless.
Nanoha taking on Graham's ideals when she get older?

Once, I questioned the reasoning behind his actions... now, it's so painfully clear to me, as I extinguish the life of the one I'm supposed to protect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Reminds me of a story my fiancee told me a while back - she was babysitting some little girl, and they went to a park, and a bunch of old ladies gave her dirty looks...because both she and the girl had blue eyes.
A little resemblance and they think you're both related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito
[Aika]Wonderful isn't allowed during practice!![/Aika]
[Akari] EEEEEHHHH?!?!?!?! [/Akari]

Quote:
One day...
I just didn't want to put in any definite pairings since it IS Aaron's story. It's just a little WAFF on the side
Don't you know? WAFFles are good

Quote:

I'm especially most interested in the 11th part...

MASTER CHIEF + FATE COMBO?!?!?!?!?!

WINNER

And Nanoha's always been GAR in her own way

Quote:
I'll

Nice Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
I see...but Gundam not being mecha?
Okay...
*cough* Gundam Girls *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Battleship, passing thru!!! Battleship, passing thru!!!
Why was I suddenly reminded of Alice Carroll's winning callout in Origination Ep.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
Mai: ...

If you truly wish to eliminate the person tormenting you, then you must untie the red string...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
Just read MSN 200...

Rakan is another student of the sword that cleaves [insert anything here]!!!

*runs*
Supreme King Red Hot Blast Dragon Scream Explosive Flash Demon God Supersonic Rakan Punch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-24, 01:36   Link #18853
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Hmm... mind-numbing insanity, check. Random crossover madness with Nanoha, check.

Yo, TC. Welcome to the OC thread (and I tend to go by Goose here - long story).

On the fifth post of Page 1, you'll find a post by Erio with links to all OCs, fanfics and etc; somewhere there is Kha's All the Fanon Timeline, which is the StrikerS timeline with notes on when events in the OC-verse (affectionately referred to as Outer Cadia) occur. Kagerou and I are working on a new Fanon Timeline that will be taking into account everything that's going on.

As for the fics - Aaron008R is writing GenerationS, the current Fanon... canon? I think? Kha is working on Rebuild of StrikerS, Kagerou's working on a little something called MSLN Alpha, and my project is Disrupted Tangent.

...to be honest though, the OFM fic page (found in the same post as my OC creation segment) is a bit lacking; I've deliberately left out some of the more cracky drabbles (like Yuuno as a blackops Delta Force/SEAL/ODST mage)

And yes, Master Chief is among us. TK3997 did a profile for him which I'm in the process of cleaning up a bit and revising to fit the OFM-verse (just a few minor grammatical things).

So, welcome to Outer Cadia. Grab a seat, kick back, and join the party!

(It's also considered politeness to comment on other people's stuff first before dropping something to be commented on... as I learned the hard way And when you do introduce OCs, 'ware the haxbusting...)

Also, here and there will be mentions of a Keroko-chan , Nanoha's sister and Tesla-chan, a fifth Volkenritter. They were OCs created by Keroko, who is a guy. Keroko-chan and Tesla-chan have become so popular they've been accepted into the OC Fanon pantheon - that's something I forgot to mention; we do a lot of sharing of charecters in OC. For example, LoweGear's hotblooded brothers Remingon Smith & Colt Wesson are making appearances in DT and Alpha; the OFM are making a cameo in GenerationS, Keroko-chan and Tesla are almost cannonically accepted among us... just the examples off the top of my head.

So... welcome again to OC, I guess.

Man, what a long welcoming and briefing No, I am NOT volunteering to be Briefing & Welcoming Officer!

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-01-24, 01:36   Link #18854
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
I'll try XD. I have one more short that's something of a foreshadowing of the events in Alpha (though takes place noticeably sooner), then the angst!phase, followed by the badass!phase.
We'll see, just don't make it too long, i'm by princible against long bouts of emo (well, generally against everything emo, but i know it happens so meh...), have fun

Quote:

i can already see how THAT'll end...
Spoiler for pic:

Though drinking is not mandatory in this case

Quote:

Fun! The engineers still need to work on it a bit, surely you can use a smaller machine gun while firing the main gun AND walking, then you'd have a REAL weapons platform
Also, shield up, weapons online... no need for the A.I. to go through EVERY single piece of different shields and the like... though this was a field test, so i suppose debug mode was on with extra details.
Still, i really liked it, it was clear on what was happening, though an image of the platform itself would have been good (no need for animations, but something fo the imagination to work with), it wasn't that necessary in the long run.
i also lolled at the quirky A.I... like Dr. Wily said: "quirky A.I.'s the way to go".
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-01-24, 01:44   Link #18855
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:

Fun! The engineers still need to work on it a bit, surely you can use a smaller machine gun while firing the main gun AND walking, then you'd have a REAL weapons platform
Also, shield up, weapons online... no need for the A.I. to go through EVERY single piece of different shields and the like... though this was a field test, so i suppose debug mode was on with extra details.
Still, i really liked it, it was clear on what was happening, though an image of the platform itself would have been good (no need for animations, but something fo the imagination to work with), it wasn't that necessary in the long run.
i also lolled at the quirky A.I... like Dr. Wily said: "quirky A.I.'s the way to go".
That was the seed, now for the main course.

Essentially, part one was just a 'I wonder if I can pull this off.'

I then completely scripted part two:
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1506219/

WARNING, it's twenty minutes long, and I haven't even finished it fully.
*And I can't until I replace a fifteen dollar microphone cable here...*

EDIT: Oh, and for visual, I keep imagining the Battery's full armor system to look like my Titan A-II Combat Exoskeleton for my Armarines.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...lpaper1024.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...garmarine2.jpg

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-01-24 at 01:56. Reason: Because I felt like it...
Old 2008-01-24, 01:50   Link #18856
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Yo, WELCOME to the OC Thread

And...

OMG, that track is like MUSIC to my ears

All we need is some animation (or at least static visual aids), and it'll be perfect

Though that Negima track

Quote:
Man, what a long welcoming and briefing No, I am NOT volunteering to be Briefing & Welcoming Officer!
But you do it better than all of us can!

Quote:
i can already see how THAT'll end...
Spoiler for pic:

Though drinking is not mandatory in this case

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-24, 01:56   Link #18857
Satty
Slash!

Quote:

Hey there, welcome! I see that Goose already filled you in on what's happening.
About the sound clip: NICE...

Quote:
Hey, it's like what Lowe said: you do it better than the rest of us.

Quote:
That was the seed, now for the main course.

Essentially, part one was just a 'I wonder if I can pull this off.'

I then completely scripted part two:
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1506219/

WARNING, it's twenty minutes long, and I haven't even finished it fully.
*And I can't until I replace a fifteen dollar microphone cable here...*
I haven't heard it yet, and I'll have to get back to you on that, but I bet it's gonna be sweet.
Old 2008-01-24, 02:11   Link #18858
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Thanks for the fill-in Goose. And about that warning...

You've obviously never employed the ol' Shock and Awe strategy...

I got more you know. Because I write music.

As an example: I'm sure you guys have this track.
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1525225/

And the next track is what happens when I hear something that inspires me.
http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1547024/

Yes, those do sound alike... I wonder why.

Shock, and awe.

As for commenting on other work... I gotta get my bearings first. But I figure the first job 'round these parts is getting someone to take me seriously. And what better way to do that than to hit hard and fast?
Old 2008-01-24, 02:39   Link #18859
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Well...Lelouch won...good for him

I got a feeling it's not him ruling the world that had impressed you huh

Quote:
Perfectly fine thankyou. Been good for my internets
Not for long

Quote:
I can say one thing though... If that was Graham at the end I am going to ask you politely to reconsider his rank of admiral...
Don't talk to me about his rank, talk to Nighty.

And no, that wasn't him... Why would you think that it's him ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Aw. Lone Wolf?

I'm thinking Mocking Bird strangely. Doesn't have any connection to Graham's favor with ill-luck and tragedy though.
No, not that as well...

Maybe it's not animals that I'm looking for... Maybe it's a title like what our trio Ace have.

Quote:
It's ULTRA CREEPY!!

I mean, come on, the only thing creepier than that would be Chaos...
Creepy? How am I creepy ?

Quote:
THANK you!
Actually, I was just making fun of you

Quote:
Like WHAT? JUGGLING?
"Swallow the leader"... I think. Can't quite remember the video I saw...

Quote:
Oh yeah, I love those...

"Erio, she doesn't even know I have a picture book of her..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Higurashi, much?
Much.
Old 2008-01-24, 02:40   Link #18860
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
...*facepalm*
Okay what. No one got jumped on here, Goose, the only people who were doing any jumping were TK and Ark, and half of that is TK's "job" as haxxbuster of the OC. We've gone over all the details anyway .
Yeah, you're right. I was just stressed from shitstorm at home.

Quote:

"Uneven Elephant? Doesn't look much like an elephant to me; more like two squids kissing."

"Believe."

"FEET FIRST INTO HELL! OO-FUCKING-RAH!"

Quote:
Haha, maybe. She DID have the Fin Funnels in StrikerS, afterall.

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the Aces basically beat the crap out of Fried while Caro stood on the sidelines...
There's a fancomic I saw where Caro summoned Voltaire and Nanoha shot the crap outta it with SLB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
I hope it does not involve putting things in a stasis field... oh wait, Fate is Lightning aligned...

*Runs from Protoss and Fate*
Lol, different Arbiter. One more infinately badass.

Quote:
Do they have weakpoints that i can shoot at?

*locks and loads TR-14 rifle*
Why shoot at them when you have HIM, the GREEN DEMON, to destroy them from inside out?
Quote:
Naomi: "He's already on her list. But I get first dibs." *brandishes Cold Steel Recon Tanto meaningfully*

Quote:
Unless there was an extremely massive geological event that somehow turned a body of water into a landmass that buries the Cradle with several meters of strata, then yes 300 years is too short a time for such a theory
I think OC has pretty much agreed that the Cradle was thus deliberately hidden, correct?

Quote:
*sniffs*

Delicious isn't it?
Everytime I read Strange Academy and the mentions of the Armageddon Orchestra, I think of the Grand Glorious Gathering version of Yuusha-oh Tanjou! and Bushin Soukou Tanjou and laugh, confident that GaoGaiGar, Zengar and Ratsel will save us.

...oh, alright, the ATX team too. Though I think I like Excellen better, she doesn't seem as sad and emo as Aya. (Though Aya has the low cut cleavage-revealing strapless sleeveless top...)

Quote:
Glad to hear. It's an intriguing case, but I wouldn't want to see Hayate have to go through more pain than she already has...

Unless Aaron's writing
Actually, I'm kinda worried about his Hayate. She's going to be Stockholm'ed, afterall.

...which could lead to this crack:
Spoiler for Bauer Syndrome:

Why Franz? He's the pwn puppy, that's why. XD

Quote:

I'm especially most interested in the 11th part...

MASTER CHIEF + FATE COMBO?!?!?!?!?!

WINNER

And Nanoha's always been GAR in her own way
After seeing the Master Chief and Fate combo, it's now obvious what kind of Arbiter Fate is.

Quote:
Mai: ...

If you truly wish to eliminate the person tormenting you, then you must untie the red string...

Naomi: "No Mai. Just screw on a supressor for an M7 and fire away, or just smack a plasma grenade onto their ass. Even if they live, they won't be able to live down getting a replacement ass."

Quote:
Supreme King Red Hot Blast Dragon Scream Explosive Flash Demon God Supersonic Rakan Punch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs*
I refuse to believe it can withstand the Love Love Attack! In fact, the Love Love Attack will be used repeatedly in Disrupted Tangent! Love! Love! Attack! Love conquers all!

Franz: "Especially when it's backed up with superior firepower."
Naomi: "And love. You can't beat pure honest love.

Quote:
But you do it better than all of us can!
"When you're good at something, Wedge Antilles will make you do it as your job." -_-

Quote:
As for commenting on other work... I gotta get my bearings first. But I figure the first job 'round these parts is getting someone to take me seriously. And what better way to do that than to hit hard and fast?
Actually I was paraphrasing the rules in the 1st post. We've had...uh, well, there's been some e-drama at the Fanfic thread and OC thread, so everybody's a bit wary of not following the rules and getting on the wrong side of the mods.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-01-24 at 04:08.
Closed Thread