aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Finished the ep

Spoiler:

As for Decil
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-06, 08:42   Link #22
monster

Why are people still using spoiler tags?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler:
Well, one girl already has an investment in the main character, the other one barely showed that she knows he exist until she needed him. That should explain the speed at which Emily is moving.

But really, I don't see why Emily should be hated. She is just doing this out of care/love for Flit. People can find her attitude annoying, and maybe that's ground enough for a dislike. But hate seems such a strong emotion directed at someone who's just worried abiout her friend/potential lover.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 08:43   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
And by the way, is it just me or is some of the shots of Flit looking away from the "camera" really badly drawn? It kind of looks like Dique's outline.
The ep was subbed out to Nakamura Production... So some of the animation definitely isn't up to par.
Old 2011-11-06, 08:55   Link #24
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Damnit, another great episode ! Gundam Age is becoming my fav show for this season ! The pace in this serie is really great and, for example, much better than in Fate Zero !!

We leraned a lot of thing in this episode :

Eden and Decil
Why Grodeck is acting like that

All the charcaters are great ! I don't see why we should hate Emily ? You're joking right ? Her behavior is perfectly comprehensible. I really like her and, for me, she's not annoying at all. A great character !

So, it seems that
Spoiler for 5:

And Grodeck ftw, btw !!

Much much better than G00 for now.

Go Gundam Age !

9/10 for this episode.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 08:59   Link #25
Kusa-San

Quote:
Finished the ep

[spoiler]
I'm definitely seeing Emily getting Fllay Allster hate right now, and oh boy... she does all the things Fllay ever does to get into the skin of the casual fans, In a record 3 episodes. George Allster had to die before Fllay went ballistic, but this beats it. Given that Emily's going to see more screentime because she's the default heroine, ohhh...boy...She's really hard to root for at this point. but I do understand her sentiments.
I don't like Flay at all and yet, I really like Emily. Her charcater is not the same than Flay. She's not anoying at all when it's the case with Flay.
Old 2011-11-06, 09:04   Link #26
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Why are people still using spoiler tags? Well, one girl already has an investment in the main character, the other one barely showed that she knows he exist until she needed him. That should explain the speed at which Emily is moving.

But really, I don't see why Emily should be hated. She is just doing this out of care/love for Flit. People can find her attitude annoying, and maybe that's ground enough for a dislike. But hate seems such a strong emotion directed at someone who's just worried abiout her friend/potential lover.
To be honest i won't say i hate Emily yet.

I lean more towards finding her annoying at the moment. She is just slowly "ticking" all the boxes for THAT annoying (overbearing?) female friend who has a crush on the main character.

For all the focus on her reluctance on letting Flit go out and fight in the Gundam and even trying to get him to lose it to Wolff (last episode) , while realistic ; just comes off as very boring, annoying and meh.

Also her little dialogue with Grodek this episode was so . "But But....its not okay to trick people" (Or something like that) made me .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 09:06   Link #27
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Also her little dialogue with Grodek this episode was so . "But But....its not okay to trick people" (Or something like that) made me .
It's a kid. I don't see the problem with what she said to Grodeck. For her, it's wrond because she loves Flit. That's all.
Old 2011-11-06, 09:08   Link #28
maknaedik

Emily = Shakti. I really can't consider her annoying. I was not annoyed to Shakti while I was watching Victory Gundam. It's just a natural human nature that you don't want your loved one to drift away from you and be safe.. I think time will eventually come when she'll be able to accept his fate XD

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 09:09   Link #29
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I don't like Flay at all and yet, I really like Emily. Her charcater is not the same than Flay. She's not anoying at all when it's the case with Flay.
Well, not my point, It's quite different cases really, but as I said, I understand Emily's situation. But it's for my sake to point to the people who comment on the stream. While I like to stay away from shipping discussions, her actions seem to have annoyed alot of watchers of the stream. I'm actually defending that Emily isn't really gone Fllay-mode yet, and will never have that insanity(yes I use the word with Fllay, that doesn't mean that I hate Fllay or something kindly look at my signature.) that made Fllay infamous with the mainstream fans. Emily's at best, still has jitters, and probably still shocked about this whole situation with Flit. As it stands my only complaint is that she comes across as whiny.but not bad for a young person. No breakdowns yet.

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2011-11-06 at 09:12. Reason: lol I kinda used tagalog
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 09:19   Link #30
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's a kid. I don't see the problem with what she said to Grodeck. For her, it's wrond because she loves Flit. That's all.
Regardless of her being a kid (14 is a kid/bordering teenager i suppose),
I honestly still found that piece of dialogue childish. It's just my personal opinion (could also be a bad translation/something that doesn't translate well) .

And her love for Flit is one of the reasons why i do not really like her character so far. To put it simply, she is boring. It is still early days and no doubt (well HOPEFULLY) she will get more character development; however so far she has just been Miss Worry-About-Flit (you know while saying "Flitto...." with her hands together/around Haro).
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 10:52   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
And Emily is practically a Shakti clone now... She even stole her line that Flit is "drifting apart from" her.
Yeah, there's no way anyone can say otherwise. I don't mind though, because i'm rather enjoying Emily's scenes. Especially her confrontation with Grodek.

Woolf is still the highlight of this show for me . Shame the fabulous man has a huge death flag on him though.
Old 2011-11-06, 11:12   Link #32
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Nice episode overall.

But what bother's me is how a 9 years old had no trouble piloting a machine not designed especially for him: given his short frame, I really wonder how he'd reach all the commands.
Old 2011-11-06, 11:33   Link #33
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Nice episode overall.

But what bother's me is how a 9 years old had no trouble piloting a machine not designed especially for him: given his short frame, I really wonder how he'd reach all the commands.
The kid's 7
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 11:43   Link #34
Kusa-San

It's not like Decil is a normal kid.
Old 2011-11-06, 12:32   Link #35
ookamigirl

Guess Woolf & Flit are friends now.
There were some flashbacks too.
Desil was pretty interesting character.
Looks like a new enemy appeared.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 12:57   Link #36
tsunade666

Emily: "Flit is going further away from me" =_*
Emily your annoying his not yours
Nice but not outstanding episode and few new words thrown like EDEN and chosen ones. Grodek reason confirmed or if that picture is not even enough to tell what's his reason is which is plain simple to me. Kinda the same as Flint
Old 2011-11-06, 14:42   Link #37
Golos

Quote:
As it stands my only complaint is that she comes across as whiny.but not bad for a young person.
Better whinny than self-centred and unobservant as Flit in this episode.
Emily confronted Grodeck after she had noticed his mysterious behaviour, while Flit did not bother to interrogate Desile despite how very suspicious he acted.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 14:44   Link #38
ReddyRedWolf

I'll feel sorry for Dique. In span of a few days his two friends are well if not adults but adolescents making life changing decisions.

Flit wants revenge but recognizes the true purpose of the Gundam Age is to save lives.

Emily wants to run away from the conflict with Flit. Before Flit looses his life and innocence. She's too late for that as even before meeting him Flit has dedicated his life stopping the UE.

Dique well he is still a kid.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 14:47   Link #39
webkid94
*Author

Emily is so annoying and hypocritical "You're deceiving people!! You only think about yourself" to Grudech, and yet "Flit is getting further away from me..." Selfish much?. She's like the female Suzaku Kururugi, hopefully she stays away from any mechs.

I really hate Dique, his character design is so eww..i can accept Flit/Emily/Declil/Yurin/everyone's designs, but not Dique. Hilarious that Muttsurini (Baka to Test) is voicing him.

Grudech = Win. Seriously this guy is so awesome, he gets shit done and isn't afraid of the consequences, but we still don't know all about him or the UE that he found out last episode. Woolf = Ono Daisuke sniffing is LOL.

Decil and Yurin are the same somehow (Newtypes? EDEN???). He reminded me of Nena Trinity at first, but his voice reminds me of Illyasviel from the Fate/ series especially the last thing he said to Flit "if you even stay alive" definite Illya vibes there.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 14:58   Link #40
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I don't even know what is the purpose of Dique after all these ep
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion