AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 11:40   Link #3341
Riki
ランダム王

lets just hope this novel's MC would not be dense..........what am i saying, he is obviously gonna be dense to get more girls in his wallet (=.=)ll i mean
"if i win, at that time, i will make you fall for me" gimme a break man.......that spells IS everywhere...*Houki flashback=if i win next months tournament, i will make you go out with me* oh well, i guess we'll see how long this characters last........ichika only lasted one vol before turning into that......

Last edited by Riki; 2012-10-30 at 11:52.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 14:49   Link #3342
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
lets just hope this novel's MC would not be dense..........what am i saying, he is obviously gonna be dense to get more girls in his wallet (=.=)ll i mean
"if i win, at that time, i will make you fall for me" gimme a break man.......that spells IS everywhere...*Houki flashback=if i win next months tournament, i will make you go out with me* oh well, i guess we'll see how long this characters last........ichika only lasted one vol before turning into that......
I just hope this novel has a more equitable storyline, I mean, in the manga they made Obama (and Americans in general) into jerks, claim the first thing everyone launched 2000 missiles at Japan without explanation, and all everything about Japanese is the best (especially that crazy engineer girl).

I don't mind some Japan is amazing storyline, but the "everyone else suck" just tough to swallow. That is why I like reading Campione better, the author put some good Japanese-centric plot but never outright claim everyone else sucked.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 19:06   Link #3343
Eratas123

To be fair, the Obama thing is only in the manga. The Anime and (I think) the lght novel never state Japan was bullied into making the academy.
Old 2012-10-30, 20:37   Link #3344
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not really, it's in the novel, but the manga made it TOO obvious, anime discredit it altogether though the Alaska treaty still mentioned
Old 2012-10-30, 21:18   Link #3345
Eratas123

Then again, how "Japan is superior" can the thing be when the only girl 9/10 fans like is the French one?
Old 2012-10-30, 21:32   Link #3346
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Honestly, considering almost everyone is so fucked up to varying degree, Houki being like that is understandable. Fans only overlooked it because most of them watch anime first, and some simply didn't read the novel. So, Fans think like Charlotte is derailed post V5, whereas she was like that... since her introduction in V2....

Mind you, Houki is literally robbed out of childhood without emotional support. Sure, compared to Laura, she's nothing, but compare Houki to Ling Yin, or Ran, she's practically a woobie. It's like selective ignorance on the viewer's part, honestly.

What Izuru failed at is he KEPT their characterization post backstory and character development arc for the sake of humor... which is really unfunny considering the serious plot began to kick in.
Old 2012-10-30, 21:33   Link #3347
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Then again, how "Japan is superior" can the thing be when the only girl 9/10 fans like is the French one?
Because it's a Japanese guy that 'captures' her

Though in the first place, what has that got to do with the above issue ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 23:21   Link #3348
Yye1
Wide Right

If there is no info about the LN by nxt year, im giving up on it

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 23:40   Link #3349
n0m@n
C-Z

Reading Izuru's twitter, it seems like his motivation also died since he even tweets things like

Izuru: ..........

Yeah. Nothing. Just dots...... Also messages like his heart is hurt or he feels like crap. And also one of the guy bashing and flaming him by calling him trash, worthless, idiot, and a scum. Though I do find it funny reading those messages.
Old 2012-10-30, 23:45   Link #3350
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sigh, for people to get so mad over this... it's only Infinite Stratos, it's not like it's Haruhi or something...
Old 2012-10-30, 23:57   Link #3351
n0m@n
C-Z

Well in July 2011, Infinite Stratos sold 2,100,000 copies. Since LN authors gets between 8 - 11% of the sales(the popular the series, the more percentage the author gets and also depneds on the publisher). Though the most common percentage is 10%.
Doing Mathematics,

2,100,000 x 60(since it is 10% of a 600 yen LN)
=126,000,000 yen(approximately US $1,582,540.90 )

That would be enough to support him for 20 years or more(since Japanese government takes insane amount of taxes...). So he probably isnt that desperate of writing a LN unlike other LN who writes as their side business earning low.
Old 2012-10-31, 00:01   Link #3352
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sigh, for people to get so mad over this... it's only Infinite Stratos, it's not like it's Haruhi or something...
meh, I never liked Haruhi.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 00:20   Link #3353
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
meh, I never liked Haruhi.
That's not the point; IS is a cheap and simple story that can be easily replaced (as it already has), what's the point in getting so angry over something like that to relentlessly bash and flame someone?
Old 2012-10-31, 00:29   Link #3354
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's not the point; IS is a cheap and simple story that can be easily replaced (as it already has), what's the point in getting so angry over something like that to relentlessly bash and flame someone?
I know that IS is pretty much a bland series, although it had a lot of potential in the beginning though.

Old 2012-10-31, 01:05   Link #3355
Eratas123

I think the flamers have a problem with Izuru himself rather than IS. You normally insult the story rather than the author if you don't like it.
Old 2012-10-31, 01:23   Link #3356
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I think the flamers have a problem with Izuru himself rather than IS. You normally insult the story rather than the author if you don't like it.
Or insult both if both are a major failure.

Old 2012-10-31, 16:18   Link #3357
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

To be fair, the Obama thing is only in the manga. The Anime and (I think) the lght novel never state Japan was bullied into making the academy.

Actually, they were specific that a "Certain nation" immediately bullied Japan to hand over their new technological toy (IS), and since it was due to the "Alaska Treaty" that force all these regulations. Plus, it is not to hard to guess which one since it couldn't be China or something.

Plus, the first thing the world saw the new IS was a 2000 missile barrage and ignoring the "world constitution"....which made every nation to be supposed Jackasses.

So yea, this series just joined Bloody Monday list of books "do not read"
Old 2012-11-01, 23:43   Link #3358
Yye1
Wide Right

wats Bloody Monday?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 16:21   Link #3359
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
wats Bloody Monday?
Bloody monday is about a Hacker name Falcon who helped take down various foes of Japan.

In the first season, he was able to stop a religious cult trying to bomb/Bio-gas Tokyo, it was actually interesting.

Second season a group of terrorists trying to kidnap the American president for the nuclear launch code. They made sure the Americans:

1) American Elite forces (I.E SEAL level folks)disregard enemy hacking capabilities and warning by Japanese government. Get taken out in miserable ways.

2) American president as a coward who tried to save his own life by giving away the launch code while the Japanese primer was a heroic leader.

3) Americans somehow unable to disarm their own nuclear weapon system if someone had the "President's briefcase" which is actually not true in real life.

I stopped reading at that point.
Old 2012-11-29, 22:37   Link #3360
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

So, for you people still holding on hope that this series is still alive, good news for you. In comiket 83, there will be an IS project relaunch event. All the main seiyuu will appear at the event, and a short story written by Yumizuru himself will be sold on an overpriced package.

Although there's still no news on when the next volume gonna appear, this actually indicate that the rumor that Yumizuru has been banned from writing anything related to IS is just a rumor.

The news is at animate.tv BTW, so it's not a rumor.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen