AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-09, 23:26   Link #2801
Isao

Group: Is&Iss
Position: Karaoke/afx
Project(s): Saki, Flag, Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings.
Right now we're lookin' for some people who could make some hm 'flashy' karaoke ^^

If interested, please contact me at is.iss@fantastyczne-dzieciaczki.pl or...
Irc contact(s): Isao
Irc Channel: #is&iss@irc.highway.net (I'm also on rizon...)

yeah we're polish subgroup but we're open for any cooperation... ^^
Old 2010-03-10, 04:00   Link #2802
Dante80

Salutations from sunny Greece...

We are currently looking for a good translator to help in a specific short OVA project. All the technical work is almost finished, but sadly the inactivity of one of our former translators has put the project in hiatus.

We would also be happy to treat the project as a joint venture with another fansub group, if that is necessary. The project is a short 4eps OVA from the coveted 80's, and has never been fansubbed fully in its original form.

Dallos

Its Mamoru Oshii's (Tenshi no Tamago, GITS) first personal work, and also one of the first OVAs made in Japanimation.

We are planning to have a dual English-Greek sub stream. Of course, we are looking for a Japanese to English translator...we already have a rough english TL but there are many mistakes in it, so it needs heavy editing or better yet a new one.

Position: Translator (specific project)
Group: Ōkami Fansubs
Project: PM me for more information, or join or IRC channel for discussion...^^
IRC Channel: irc://irc.rizon.net/ookami-subs
IRC Contact: lexalkon - Dante80 - Raziel666
E-Mail: hlektrokourampies@hotmail.com
Site: http://www.ookami-fansubs.com/

Regards and best wishes,
Dante80
Old 2010-03-10, 07:43   Link #2803
TheProfosist

@Home Encoding Group Looking For Members. Various Jobs.

Group: @Home
Contact: TheProfosist@gmail.com , irc://irc.rizon.net/@Home , http://theprofosist.blogspot.com/200...ontact-me.html
Searching: everyone is welcome as long as their willing to pitch in in some way.

@Home is currently looking for users who are interested in being an active part of a release group. We can use video encoders, fansubbers, or friendly users with some spare bandwidth. We are a group that goes for quality over quantity. Also when available we try to use R2J for source over R1 DVDs and use creditless Openings and Endings.
If you come to the IRC channel please at least stay until we can get back to you. Right now we only have 4 active members.

We are looking for (in order of importance):

encoders - that have some experience with AVS Scripts and x264. Profiles and Scripts will be provided so your encodings match the groups. if you dont already understand the process we can get you up to speed so that you can produce encodings up to the quality of the group.

Subbers - people who know how to do typesetting, styling, timing, editing, and (possibly) karaoke. as a note we currently use Plain SRT.

RAW Providers - people who know how to use winny, share, and Perfect Dark and are willing to DL R2J DVDs and RAJ BDs that aren't available via torrent

XDCC Servers - people that can and are willing to host XDCC servers for the groups releases on our irc channel. these should be as user friendly as possible and preferably availble 24/7.

BakaBT - people who can properly offer up our encodes to BakaBT and get the accepted. then properly seed or find someone who will because BakaBT requires all releases to be seeded forever.

Dedicated Seeders - people who can seed our torrents preferably using seedboxes 24/7. we will accept part time seeds as well if you really want to help

Reviewers - people who are willing to write short concise reviews of anime. We would appreciate it reviewed before we release so that we can include the review in the release but the anime doesnt have to be anime we have done.

IRC - users who have a passion for anime and can act helpfully to visitors can expect moderator status with some time to make the channel look and function better.

People - just people that are involved with the group enough to answer questions on forums and on IRC and just keep things lively
Old 2010-03-11, 08:21   Link #2804
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Group: Frostii
IRC: #Frostii@irc.rizon.net
Project: Charady's Daily Joke
Positions: Translator
Spoiler for Click here to see the awesomely amazing picture that will inspire you to do this series!:

This is a bit like flogging a dead horse but here goes: I'm looking for a translator to take up the reins of this project for Frostii - we've already done 43 episodes so we've got a good team behind us, hoping to continue it. For those of you who aren't familiar with this series, it's a collection of 3 minute shorts created solely by students at a prestigious art university (Kyoto University of Art and Design) and showcases the talent of tomorrow, so it's pretty varied in its art style.

Anyway, if you're interested, please get in touch. I'd love to start the old gal up again
Old 2010-03-11, 11:05   Link #2805
Kamikazenor

Group: Phantom-subs
IRC: #Phantom-subs@irc.rizon.net
Projects: Hakuouki - Shinsengumi Kitan and one/two other new projects
Positions: Translators, translation checkers, encoders, timers, editors/qc'ers, distro

It's that time again, spring anime are coming and Phantom-subs is recruiting for them.
At the moment we're mainly in need of jap>eng translators/translation checkers, but we could also use chi>eng translators/translation checkers.
And of course the other positions mentioned in the form are open to applications.
Old 2010-03-12, 17:21   Link #2806
misteranonimous

Group: Doki
Projects: Kiss x Sis, B Gata H Kei, Mayoi Neko Overrun, Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou
Position: Capper(s)

I am looking for a capper to provide .ts of the above shows reasonably quickly after the show airs in Japan, preferably within 24 hours of the show airing.

Please contact Hologfx on #doki@irc.rizon.net or email me at misteranonimous@gmail.com.

Thanks!
Old 2010-03-13, 06:40   Link #2807
pitty
fansubber

Send a message via MSN to pitty Send a message via Yahoo to pitty
Hi there. We ony have 1 active (Deltora Quest), 1 stalled (Kobato), and 1 future project (xxxHOLiC OAD 3) in English, but we have more in Romanian.

Group: ACG
Position: Karaoke Effects (.ass would be better, but AFX is okay too)
Website (Romanian): http://acg-subs.com (you can only understand from there that we are pretty good and... popular?)

Anyway, the big idea is that we only have one person who can make karaoke effects (me), and I don't have enough time to take care of everything. So, a little help would be great. I don't see any reason for some great karaokers to apply, but maybe some people who want to improve their skills would like to try. Anyway, don't understand that we accept anybody. You have to do a decent job.

Contact us at pittyacg@gmail.com .

Regards.
Old 2010-03-13, 18:03   Link #2808
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Group: Kureyon Alliance
Contact: (WLM or e-mail); PM here; #kureyonalliance at Rizon
Projects:

Kureyon (Crayon) Shin-Chan movies - I've gathered all the RAWs required and they also include japanese subtitles plus furigana, so it would be easy even for the beginner translators out there to work on the project. One movie is of about 4 normal anime episodes in lenght and don't have that much dialogue, rather more actions. We won't be setting any deadline on those, the translator is free to do it slowly (as long as he completes it too)

For other informations on projects feel free to contact me

We need(priority order):
Translator(s)
Encoder
Capper(s)
RAW Providers

u - urgent need

Info:We accept other projects as long as they are comedy and/or slice-of-life or even vintage, and only if you can fill a position for it.
Old 2010-03-14, 12:45   Link #2809
Mitch
aka Akatsuki
*Fansubber

Group: Rocket Gang

Positions

Capper(s) - To a great extent, we urgently need a capper or so for a few programs. One of the shows is an old show which currently airs on Kids Station. One show being aired on TV Tokyo and BS Japan. We need the newer episodes from TV Tokyo and the rebroadcast on BS Japan. And maybe one show on Asahi TV. There are no decent available raws. The capper should be able to provide the .ts files. If possible, the closed captions too.

Translator(s) - Japanese to English Translators

-
If you are interested please contact me.

Send a PM to Mitch on Rizon

Email: akatsuki.sanx@yahoo.com

Windows Live: akatsuki.sanx@yahoo.com

-

Thank You

Last edited by Mitch; 2010-03-14 at 12:47. Reason: changed a line
Old 2010-03-18, 12:51   Link #2810
a745

Group: Abyssal Chronicles
Positions: Karaoke typesetter and AFX typesetter
Projects: Tales of Symphonia: the Animation (Sylvarant and Tethe'alla Arcs/Episodes) and Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike once the DVDs are out.
Contact: abigail979@yahoo.com or #abyssalchronicles@irc.rizon.net. I would prefer receiving an e-mail first, since I'm not online on IRC all the time due to school. Persons to contact on IRC: a745, Rena_Chan and ashye.
Details:
Karaoke typesetter - We are looking for an experienced karaoke guy who can make effects as described by some of the staff. We're not looking for anything overly difficult and fancy. You may also suggest your own effect depending on the video, and if the staff likes it, then it's go.

AFX typesetter - Mainly for putting the group logo on the show titles, as well as some signs and stuff. We would prefer someone who is also experienced with Photoshop, but it's not mandatory.

AC works at a leisurely pace and ensures quality in all of its releases. We can ensure you that we will not pressure you in getting your work done... unless it takes too much time already =\. Our episodes for the Sylvarant Arc are already ready for release, the only thing missing is the karaoke and afx typesetting, so it would be a big help to us if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a745; 2010-03-24 at 05:26.
Old 2010-03-19, 22:03   Link #2811
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Group: Megami-Anime
Site: http://www.megamianime.com
Irc: #goddessrebirth@irc.rizon.net
Positions: Got a Translator. Need a Timer, Editor and Encoder
Projects: All previous unfinished shows are dropped.
Contact: Any OP in the channel. darkfire@megamianime.com or fill out an application at http://www.megamianime.com/application

Were(I) am back. After 1 year of hiatus the group is now having a resurrection. We are starting fresh with no staff except for me (typesetter(ass/afx), encoder, karaoke and pretty much everything else except TL). Were looking to fill all positions some please apply and, Welcome to Megami!

We are willing to pay translators*

*Price is negotiable

Last edited by [darkfire]; 2010-03-22 at 17:20. Reason: got Tl
Old 2010-03-21, 08:41   Link #2812
Luffyz

Group: Kesenai Subtitles
Projects: Souten Kouro, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan, Arakawa Under The Bridge.
Positions:
  • Experienced TIMERS. - (For: Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan, Arakawa Under The Bridge, Reborn)
  • Karaoke Effect Makers. - (For: Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan)
  • Typesetter AFX or Aegi. - (For: Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan)
  • Translators or Translation Checkers that will translate/check from Japanese to English. - (For: REBORN!!/Souten Kouro)
  • DISTRO(Bot provider/Torrent Seeder -upload speed over 20mbps-)
  • Also we are looking for someone who is really good with GB-Chinese(Simplified Chinese) that could translate to English(*He needs to handle Chinese and English well). - (For: REBORN!!/Souten Kouro)
  • Experienced Editors for any of the projects we do!
IRC: #kesenai-recruits@irc.​rizon.​net
Kesenai Subtitles Recruitment recruit@kesenai.net
Old 2010-03-21, 12:54   Link #2813
yuurisan
retired fansubbers

Send a message via MSN to yuurisan
Group: YuS
Position: Encoder for House of Five Leaves, Translation checker for Ikkitousen XX

-Got a tler&encoder. thanks all~

Last edited by yuurisan; 2010-03-28 at 21:47.
Old 2010-03-23, 04:54   Link #2814
Enigma Collective
*Fansubber

We at Enigma Collective are in need of some help to finish Guin Saga once and for all.

What we need is a Typesetter, an encoder, and although all the episodes have already been translated, we could do with a Translation Checker as well.

If you are interested, please contact either donkie737 at donkie737@enigmacollective.org or contact damee at damee@enigmacollective.org.

You can also visit our recruitment channel at #enigma-recruits@irc.rizon.net or our forums at forums.enigmacollective.org

We'll be waiting.
Old 2010-03-24, 02:57   Link #2815
fdein

Utsf

Group: Un-Tan SubForce (UTSF)
Current Projects: One Piece
Upcoming Projects: K-on!! (season 2 premiers April 7th)
Positions needed: (for k-on!!)
Translators
Translation checkers
Raw Cappers
We are in need of translators the most,
Any recruits contact me at utsfrecruits@gmail.com please
We're in desperate need!!
Old 2010-03-26, 12:47   Link #2816
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Position: Timer
Group: Saizen
Projects: Prince of Tennis OVA3-4, Ookiku Furikabutte S2 (planned)
IRC Channel: #saizen^recruits@irc.​rizon.​​​​net
IRC Contact: Juggen, Scab
E-Mail: saizen.recruits@gmail.com

Pretty self-explanatory. The timer for PoT has gotten AWOL, and I haven't found a timer for Oofuri S2 yet.
You will get tested unless someone can recommend you. ^^

PS. Other projects could need a timer too, and you're free to try for all positions as well!
Old 2010-03-27, 11:44   Link #2817
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
Piroko is lazy so I'm writing this.

Group: Strike-Subs
Shows: Sora o Kakeru Shoujo, Shin Koihime Musou, Shin Koihime Musou -Otome Tairan-, Quiz Magic Academy 2, Kowarekake no Orgel, Strike Witches 2
Positions: Typesetter & Encoder, I guess another timer wouldn't hurt
Typesetter must be comfortable in some sort of compositor, I guess After Effects works but I'll get a hard on if you can use Inferno or Houdini and will probably hire you on the spot. ASS skills are handy too. Experience preferred.
Encoder must be familiar with YATTA and not be dumb enough to complain about a broken transport stream just because of 1seg, and being able to pull CC's helps too. I don't even know how people mess that up. If you can't use YATTA, don't bother applying.

Don't really need for all those shows but the more the merrier. Pick what you want to work on, I don't care, as long as I don't need to do them because I've stalled these for like a year.

E~
Old 2010-03-28, 03:14   Link #2818
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Beck Live Action Movie

If any groups are going to sub this please contact me. Depending on who it is I am willing to share the scripts from the A-E releases of the anime for research purposes.
Old 2010-03-28, 05:20   Link #2819
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Recruiting for casual spring/summer projects! ^^

Hi peeps!
As Spring rolls on, sure enough the theme of 'new life' flows through the channels of many fansub groups and SD Project is no different.
At present, two of our translators are working on projects that they’d love to see put out there, hence we’re recruiting for new staff to assist them to completion.

First up, some info…

Ga-nime’s Tori no Uta (Bird Song-ANN)
Click for trailer
Quote:
Toei Animation Co., Ltd. has launched a new medium of visual expression. Ga-nime label is for the new style of artistic visual content characterized by pictures, words and music to express the artists’ unique perspectives.
More info...
This is a one-off project from the Ga-nime collection that SD would like to release, so if you feel like helping out on something different from the norm or mainstream, or can assist for the one time, please drop us a line.

Calling all Tales of Symphonia fans out there!
This is based off the OVAs.

The first collection - x4 eps (2007)
The Tethe'alla Chapter - x2 eps so far (2009-2011?)
The Tethe'alla Chapter (sequel) is still ongoing, the schedule seems to be one OVA release every 5-6 months or so at present.
The project will adhere with the original names and references as decided by Namco for Romanisation.

Positions for both projects
Timer
Editor (British Eng lot are more than welcome)
Encoder
Typesetters (inc AFX related logo designers, if possible)

ToS
Raw Provider (critical)
We need to get hold of copies of both OVAs, so if anyone can help in that aspect, definitely get in touch!
~*~*~*~

Both projects are of a casual pace and aren’t as demanding as a weekly series project would be, however at least for ToS, we’d love to have a dedicated small team to see it through until at least the end of the second chapter.
Whether you’d like to work on just the one project or are more than happy to lend a hand for both, please contact any staff member via the following:
IRC Channel: #SD_Recruit@irc.rizon.net
E-Mail: sdfansubs@gmail.com
(My inbox here is full, so email or IRC is the way to go, I'm afraid)

Experience is preferred with applicants, however we’re more than happy to test newbies who express a strong desire to help out and are willing to learn.
Many thanks

EDIT:
My bad, for anyone who emailed in the last 48hrs, (28th-30th) please email again cause I was so clever to stick the wrong address down. x.x;;;;;;
Apologies for that....

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2010-03-29 at 10:20.
Old 2010-03-28, 11:46   Link #2820
Sindalf

Offering my timing skills to whoever needs it. Would prefer to work in a speedsub setting but not required. Takes me about 30mins to time a 300line script. Show does not matter as long as it isn't "pull my hair out" awful. Group must have decent staff and not be down right terrible.

Send me a message on Rizon if you are interested.

Edit: I would like to do something airing this new season.

Last edited by Sindalf; 2010-03-28 at 14:05.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator