AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-04-06, 04:12   Link #321
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm still driving an '07 Ford Falcon XR6 sedan.

Still hating it and just clocked over 39,000 kms over Easter.

Come on, Evo IX by Christmas!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 04:24   Link #322
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Evo IX? I really suggest you get the Evo X rather than the Evo 8.5........you get what you paid for......which spec? GSR? RS?

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:03   Link #323
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

GSR with the optional Ralliart pack if I can find one.

And an Evo X? I'd rather put my face through a mincer than drive one of those ugly bastards.

Old 2010-04-07, 04:06   Link #324
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Ralliart Pack?

Does the GSR has a Ralliart pack (I don't mean stickers here)?? Do you mean the Lancer Ralliart?

Old 2010-04-07, 06:18   Link #325
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Normally an Evo IX over here came by default with standard alloy rims and some other crap and there was a $5,000 AUD optional extra for BBS forged black rims, upgraded lights and vortex generators on the roof.

It's a bit unoriginal but I've love a red Evo IX. D=

Old 2010-04-07, 10:59   Link #326
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

oh it's just I though the bbs alloys come in standard in GSR editions............I guess it's packaging in different countries....you may be buying a RS labelled a GSR and charging you extra for GSR options....

Old 2010-04-10, 21:35   Link #327
Lost Cause

Ford brings back the 302/5.0!

I read in a car magazine while at my doctors office that Ford Motor Company is returning the 302 cid/5.0 L V-8 in the new Mustang! Horsepower rated at 413! Pretty wicked for a Mustang GT!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 21:51   Link #328
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Mate. Power is NOTHING without control. Giving it more power doesn't really mean it is going to be any faster on roads other than straights....

Old 2010-04-10, 22:02   Link #329
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
Mate. Power is NOTHING without control. Giving it more power doesn't really mean it is going to be any faster on roads other than straights....
In which case there's always the Mustang Saleen.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 22:40   Link #330
mg1942

if you read the reviews the 2011 mustang now handles better
not bad for for a car with solid rear axle
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 06:09   Link #331
master_buten

i am planning to buy a new car this year, my sister likes the new kia soul 2010 it's inexpensive and is super cute, i on the other hand dreams over having a mitsubishi evo, the red is ohh so fabulous but i prefer black
master_buten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 03:15   Link #332
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by master_buten View Post
i am planning to buy a new car this year, my sister likes the new kia soul 2010 it's inexpensive and is super cute, i on the other hand dreams over having a mitsubishi evo, the red is ohh so fabulous but i prefer black
Ooh, Kia's take on the Nissan Cube:

The Soul is Kia's reachout to Generation Y, and I must say it's a good attempt.
Old 2010-04-14, 05:24   Link #333
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Get the Red-black special version. The Soul looks much better in that colour, though I don't really like the Kia brand.....I'd rather prefer Hyundai over Kia, if I have to choose Korean cars....

Old 2010-04-16, 21:21   Link #334
mg1942

Quote:

look @ how competitive is the new mustang

again, not bad for for a car with just solid rear axle

The performance of this new Mustang is undeniable. There are reasons to choose an M3 over one, but it's damn sure NOT for performance, and it's pretty hard to justify the price difference without that.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 21:41   Link #335
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Using just a spec sheet to compare performance and value (not price) of cars is not a good way to compare. Those numbers mean NOTHING to us. Let the mustang be driven on the Nurburgring by both a normal person (to see if it is good but a bitch to handle) and a racing driver to set a reference time. Then we can compare. And don't forget, BMW is outputting 414hp with a 4 litre V8.

And since when are we proud of something the Romans had given up being able to do something modern things are capable of doing?

Reasons to choose a BMW? It's a BMW. Is that enough for you?
You buy a BMW for its style, the luxurious interior, the handling, the driving pleasure (particularly in corners) and the brand name. You can say proudly you own a BMW, which you don't do the same if you own a Toyota or Hyundai.

Last edited by MitsubishiZero; 2010-04-17 at 08:54.
Old 2010-04-19, 00:40   Link #336
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:

Reasons to choose a BMW? It's a BMW. Is that enough for you?
You buy a BMW for its style, the luxurious interior, the handling, the driving pleasure (particularly in corners) and the brand name. You can say proudly you own a BMW, which you don't do the same if you own a Toyota or Hyundai.
Exactly the point some people are making: you're spending double the money for a BMW badge. I can understand why some people would make the comparison, ludicrous as it sounds.

That being said I'd take the E92 in a heartbeat if I had the money. I will admit that the 2011 Mustang is impressive, but comparing it to an M3 is like comparing an F15 to an Apache Helicopter Gunship, sure the two cars are made to go fast, but the philosophies behind them are very different. The Mustang will forever be a point-and-squirt muscle car, while the M3 will always be a knife-edge racer dressed as a family saloon. Sure the Mustangs numbers are inching ever so closely to sports-car territory, hell they are there. But the Mustang is first and foremost a muscle car. And Ford doesn't have any intention of changing that image so long as us Americans like that sort of thing.

Guess the point I'm trying to make is you can't really compare the two. But you can admit that the Mustang is damn good value for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_buten View Post
Check out the up coming Ford Fiesta! Kia Soul utility, with awesome driving dynamics. Or so say our friends across the pond.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 04:06   Link #337
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

About the Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
Exactly the point some people are making: you're spending double the money for a BMW badge. I can understand why some people would make the comparison, ludicrous as it sounds.

That being said I'd take the E92 in a heartbeat if I had the money. I will admit that the 2011 Mustang is impressive, but comparing it to an M3 is like comparing an F15 to an Apache Helicopter Gunship, sure the two cars are made to go fast, but the philosophies behind them are very different. The Mustang will forever be a point-and-squirt muscle car, while the M3 will always be a knife-edge racer dressed as a family saloon. Sure the Mustangs numbers are inching ever so closely to sports-car territory, hell they are there. But the Mustang is first and foremost a muscle car. And Ford doesn't have any intention of changing that image so long as us Americans like that sort of thing.

Guess the point I'm trying to make is you can't really compare the two. But you can admit that the Mustang is damn good value for money.

Check out the up coming Ford Fiesta! Kia Soul utility, with awesome driving dynamics. Or so say our friends across the pond.

Exactly.

Fiestas? Ah. That's because across the pond, the Fiestas they drive are made in Germany, while those going to be sold in America is made in America (or Brazil or Mexico? I forgot). You should see how youtubers react to the American version. They say the car is of worse quality and such, but I don't really know the details of it so i can't comment. I have read from many car reviews that Fiestas have "class leading handling", so I believe a Fiesta is quite a nice car to own........Ford of EUROPE always give us such nice things to drive

Old 2010-04-22, 06:16   Link #338
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Exactly.

Fiestas? Ah. That's because across the pond, the Fiestas they drive are made in Germany, while those going to be sold in America is made in America (or Brazil or Mexico? I forgot). You should see how youtubers react to the American version. They say the car is of worse quality and such, but I don't really know the details of it so i can't comment. I have read from many car reviews that Fiestas have "class leading handling", so I believe a Fiesta is quite a nice car to own........Ford of EUROPE always give us such nice things to drive
I believe the Fiesta is being assembled in Mexico. I've had some personal experience with recent Ford products, the Fusion for example. While some of the materials and such do feel cheap, my uncles Fusion is going on two years, with little look of wear and tear. Honestly, the Japanese cars of now days feel and wear exactly the same (no surprise, most of the mainstream stuff IS assembled in America after all). I only worry about all the toys Ford is equipping to it, how long that stuff will list, and even more to the point: how expensive is it going to be.

Either way though, I can't wait to test drive a Fiesta. I'm looking on downsizing (city life in a mid-size sedan is not for me!), but I'm still holding out and hoping Ford does an RS/ST Fiesta. Then it's between that and the Fiat 500 Abarth.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 09:45   Link #339
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
I believe the Fiesta is being assembled in Mexico. I've had some personal experience with recent Ford products, the Fusion for example. While some of the materials and such do feel cheap, my uncles Fusion is going on two years, with little look of wear and tear. Honestly, the Japanese cars of now days feel and wear exactly the same (no surprise, most of the mainstream stuff IS assembled in America after all). I only worry about all the toys Ford is equipping to it, how long that stuff will list, and even more to the point: how expensive is it going to be.

Either way though, I can't wait to test drive a Fiesta. I'm looking on downsizing (city life in a mid-size sedan is not for me!), but I'm still holding out and hoping Ford does an RS/ST Fiesta. Then it's between that and the Fiat 500 Abarth.
Please always remember. The more basic the car is, the longer it can last. For example, after a few years, it's not the engine which gives away, but it's always the electronics. The computers start to malfunction, the little faults start to appear. It's always things relating to electronics.

We can be quite sure Ford of Europe is going to make an ST, or even an RS Fiesta. Whether the whole package comes intact to America, we don't yet know. But it's going to be good and we know it

I really hope Ford of America can go to Europe and rediscover the words "handling" and "efficiency". Then they will do something about the Mustang. Or almost any other lorries (or what you call pickups) and cars they currently give us.

Note: if you ever buy a Fiesta, get the Germany made version. You will see why you should....

Old 2010-04-24, 07:05   Link #340
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:

Now I'll give you the fact that the mustang will never be a performance luxury car
but at that pricedifference you can hop up the Stang to BMW level 'knife edge racer' and beyond
...and still keep money in the pocket
because when it comes to "aftermarket improvements" most USA musclecars have a much larger playingfield than any of their 'exotic' competitors
not only in available options but also the much larger increase in performance