Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-17, 18:45   Link #1
triela
Oh no! Uncle Ganondorf!

A new Anime for me...

Hiya guys ^-^

I was just wondering what a good anime would be for me to watch. I've heard that Burst Angel and Kino's Journey are both really good, but I don't know which one to get, if either of them. Other animes I have liked are, Gunslinger Girl, Madlax, King of Bandit Jing, FFUnlimited ( it's okay), Zatch Bell, Inuyasha and the trailers to DNAngel look appealing. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you. ^-^
Old 2006-01-17, 19:10   Link #2
jedinat

Kino's Journey is good. It's a bit slow paced but a good anime nonetheless. I especially loved the 3 episode gladiator arc.
I've never seen Madlax, but I have seen Noir. I've heard they were similar, Noir being the better of the two. It's a stylish spy girl type show. I liked it.

And I'll also recommend Haibane Renmei which is one of my all time favorite animes. A must, must watch.
Old 2006-01-17, 19:12   Link #3
triela
Oh no! Uncle Ganondorf!

Thank you very much! ^-^
Old 2006-01-17, 19:20   Link #4
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I also like Madlax and Gunslinger Girl and I think you reallly should try Noir which is quite similar to them but in my opinion even better.
Old 2006-01-17, 19:22   Link #5
triela
Oh no! Uncle Ganondorf!

I've heard alot of people talk about Noir, but I've never actually seen it in stores. I live in New Zealand you see...we're backward ^-^
Old 2006-01-18, 10:08   Link #6
spiox
Guru

I haven't watched to many of the ones you said so i don't really know whats your taste but maybe Bleach, Gantz ? They're action / si-fi and some school in it.

If you care to tell me what you like,, Romance, school life, action, mecha, ecchi, comedy etc it would be alot easier to recommend anime to you
Old 2006-01-18, 16:13   Link #7
EternityOfPain
Boss of AnimeLessons

Send a message via AIM to EternityOfPain
Any King of Bandit Jing Fan is cool in my book.

What genre are you really looking for? I'll just list some I think you should watch regardless.

Mahoromatic
El Hazard
Twelve Kingdoms
Slayers
Hunter x Hunter - Currently not licensed, its a fantastic series. If you want to read a review on the series,
I wrote one on my site here: Hunter X Hunter Review!
Old 2006-01-20, 00:02   Link #8
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
If you like Gunslinger Girl, I suggest you watch Mahoromatic. However Mahoromatic is more comedy than action.

You can try Gun X Sword, too. It's a very excellent series. If you like Hillshire x Triela relationship, then you'd also like Van and Wendy's relationship. Wendy is about Triela's age and Van is as old as Hillshire. Van holds a sword and Wendy holds a gun, but only as a heirloom of some sort.

Try Ranma 1/2 because Inuyashu, which you liked was made by the creator of Ranma 1/2.
Old 2006-01-31, 05:24   Link #9
triela
Oh no! Uncle Ganondorf!

Thank you all for your help!
Old 2006-01-31, 15:15   Link #10
Kyaa the Catlord

I'd go with Kino's, but I'm prejudiced, I'm watching it right now myself!
Closed Thread