AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-16, 03:03   Link #61
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
They are also airing Saekano this spring which is too a light novel adaptation and has the same director (Kanta Kamei).
Even that's different from something like Nanana (which I did enjoy, mind you).
Old 2015-03-16, 13:42   Link #62
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
People don't take it serious. Remember old Gainax series like FLCL with tons of ecchi and absurd premise but great overwise.
I'm sure we all understand there's the possibility for this to be a surprise; we're seeing a MAPPA production being scripted by Kotaro Uchikoshi after all.

Regardless, this is a far cry from what NoitaminA was originally concieved for.
Old 2015-03-16, 13:59   Link #63
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I'm sure we all understand there's the possibility for this to be a surprise
Well the staff is telling us there's a twist at ep6...

I'm pretty much over NoitAminA, people can pretend NoitaminA is airing on NTV if they want, they've aired NoitaminA-ish shows for years, Death Parade airing this season, Ore Monogatari airing next season.
Old 2015-03-16, 16:07   Link #64
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

I'm pretty much over NoitAminA, people can pretend NoitaminA is airing on NTV if they want, they've aired NoitaminA-ish shows for years, Death Parade airing this season, Ore Monogatari airing next season.
A fun fact to mention is NTV hasn't yet properly established a named programming block to assemble the anime stuff they had as of yet. The current lineup choice noitaminA is using these days really resemble MBS' Animeism a lot for a number of reasons, just a financial excuse to keep it alive really.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2015-03-16, 18:18   Link #65
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Regardless, this is a far cry from what NoitaminA was originally concieved for.
Post like this are pointless when Saekano airs and earlier we had masterpieces like Guilty Crown.
Besides, even if something fit old noitamitA standard doesn't meant it's good (like that anime about guy in love with florist who's haunted by ghost of her dead husband).
Old 2015-03-17, 00:19   Link #66
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Post like this are pointless when Saekano airs and earlier we had masterpieces like Guilty Crown.
Besides, even if something fit old noitamitA standard doesn't meant it's good (like that anime about guy in love with florist who's haunted by ghost of her dead husband).
I don't mean to imply otherwise. I'm just pointing out the general cynicism at what the block has become over the years.
Old 2015-03-17, 06:59   Link #67
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Saekano and Guilty Crown masterpieces...

I guess some people weren't around when old noitamina was around.
Old 2015-03-17, 07:15   Link #68
kyuudere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post

Guilty Crown is masterpiece in its own way

But to be honest what's noitaminA's best show ?
I don't watch too much anime, but I think Mononoke and Tatami Galaxy are their best.
Old 2015-03-17, 07:27   Link #69
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuudere View Post
Guilty Crown is masterpiece in its own way

I don't watch too much anime, but I think Mononoke and Tatami Galaxy are their best.
Depends on what you're tastes are but for me it's their josei works - Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Paradise Kiss and in recent times Usagi Drop. But I also like and can understand people who like their more experimental shows like Mononoke, Katanagatari and Tatami Galaxy.

But the trashy light novels they started to adapt as if it was some run of the mill A-1 Pictures or JC Staff show... nope.

This PV so far. Looks like an excuse to be arthouse but really being a crass fanservice show.
Old 2015-03-17, 07:28   Link #70
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post

I'm 80% sure that was sarcasm.
Old 2015-03-17, 12:53   Link #71
RollingPenguin

TV noitamina is dead, noitamina movies on the other hand look like some of the best things they have ever released.
Old 2015-03-17, 12:55   Link #72
dexecutioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

That's because NTV loves to air late night anime (same with tv asahi but their anime wasn't good which is why they quit doing it...) and they've been airing late night anime even before noitaminA.

Personally, I think Aniplex ruined noitaminA. Ever since they took over, its been a series of flops.

I hope Punchline will be good.
late for realizing this but Punchline when said in japanese sounds like Panchira. Oh them and their puns.
Old 2015-03-17, 13:55   Link #73
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexecutioner View Post
Personally, I think Aniplex ruined noitaminA. Ever
since they took over, its been a series of flops.
But AnoHana was huge success and Saekano vol.1 sold 9k.
Old 2015-03-17, 14:32   Link #74
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPenguin View Post
TV noitamina is dead, noitamina movies on the other hand look like some of the best things they have ever released.
I assume you were talking about how shows that felt like they were imported from either MBS or Tokyo MX have already taken over noitaminA that simply leads to much dismay for many of its former fans.
MyAnimeList
Old 2015-03-17, 16:29   Link #75
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It was nice that NoitaminA was an hour of anime that wasn't driven by the same imperatives as the rest of the schedule. There's dozens of slots every season for LN adaptations and cute girls being cute - there are almost none for the type of shows NoitaminA was set up to produce. It's not like losing those two slots was harmful for fans of those other kinds of anime - they still owned the rest of the schedule. So I think it's perfectly natural to mourn the passing of the old block.

That said, totoum is right - NoitaminA has really been dead for a while, it's just that now the body is really starting to rot. Best to get past it and bury the corpse. And yes, NTV is airing interesting stuff quite often these days.
Old 2015-03-17, 17:04   Link #76
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuudere View Post
There's also Silver Spoon, UN-GO, AnoHana (arguably), and Samurai Flamenco. People say Shiki is good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It was nice that NoitaminA was an hour of anime that wasn't driven by the same imperatives as the rest of the schedule. There's dozens of slots every season for LN adaptations and cute girls being cute - there are almost none for the type of shows NoitaminA was set up to produce. It's not like losing those two slots was harmful for fans of those other kinds of anime - they still owned the rest of the schedule. So I think it's perfectly natural to mourn the passing of the old block.
Few things with this: you and other people are quick to write off LN adaptations and basically anything with an all-women cast, when there are plenty of such shows just as worthwhile as anything that's ever aired on noitaminA. Putting a solid distinction between the block and Those Other Shows People Who Aren't Me Like is a bit ridiculous IMO.

As has been mentioned, noitaminA was "set up to produce" adaptations of josei manga, but hasn't done so exclusively since 2007.

I realize that the block has fallen -far- from people's (and my own) expectations of it, but (as has, again, been mentioned) there are numerous shows every year that are functionally the same kind of programming as Trapeze and Tatami Galaxy, you just need to look a little harder now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That said, totoum is right - NoitaminA has really been dead for a while, it's just that now the body is really starting to rot. Best to get past it and bury the corpse. And yes, NTV is airing interesting stuff quite often these days.
Your feelings on panties aside, Punchline strikes me as something far more appropriate (compared to Saekano or Nanana) for what noitaminA has been doing for years now: being an extension of Aniplex's Anime no Chikara, which was, if you recall, largely about producing original anime series with talented or famous staff.

Besides, there's not only the Project Itoh movies but the -three- other series this year, all of which look pretty interesting and bereft of "moeshit". While complaints about noitaminA's lineup are nothing new I feel it's a bit early to declare the block a "rotting corpse" yet.
Old 2015-03-18, 04:24   Link #77
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Few things with this: you and other people are quick to write off LN adaptations and basically anything with an all-women cast, when there are plenty of such shows just as worthwhile as anything that's ever aired on noitaminA.
Personally my problem is not with all-female casts, it's that inevitably they end up as the main vehicles of the show targeting an audience that I'm not part of... and usually there's little else to watch these for. It's only every once in a while that we get a show like, say, Red Garden. And as for LN adaptations, look, I'm perfectly willing to believe that there really good LNs out there that are more than generic wishfulfillment fantasies and generic romance/adventures. It's just that I haven't seen any. (Nothing wrong with wishfulfillment fantasies and romance/adventuers, but the LN variety is not my cup of tea.) The last LN-to-anime show I gave a chance was Hataraku Maou-sama, and it was a huge disappointment for me. So there's that.

I'm not one of those who claim that LN adaptations are killing anime (in every age there's something that is killing anime), and in any case in my experience the crap to good ratio has been mostly the same for ages and so far I've always found worthwhile shows to watch. But I do find the current trend tedious. I'm sure I wouldn't if I was part of the target audience, but as I am not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
As has been mentioned, noitaminA was "set up to produce" adaptations of josei manga, but hasn't done so exclusively since 2007.
Minor correction, Noitamina was set up to try to appeal to a young adult female target audience, those who normally don't watch anime. Hence the adaptations of various shoujo/josei manga with stories that could be expected to be popular with that age group, and, at least in the beginning, involving artists who were also popular with the target demographic (aka: how I learned that Kinki Kids' Kouichi is actually a pretty good voice actor, if only more shows were able to afford him).

And I think they tried to stick to the "try to appeal to an adult female demographic" for quite a long time? Even after they tweaked the original setup to target women who are already watching anime, there was, from their post-2007 shows, Moyashimon, Hakaba Kitarou, Antique Bakery, all that Nodame, Genji, Kuuchuu buranko, House of Five Leaves, Tatami Galaxy, Kuragehime, Shiki... shows that were either squarely targeted a female audience, or at least included it.

Personally I think it was around the time of Fractale and AnoHana when there was a very clear change.
Old 2015-03-18, 04:48   Link #78
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And as for LN adaptations, look, I'm perfectly willing to believe that there really good LNs out there that are more than generic wishfulfillment fantasies and generic romance/adventures. It's just that I haven't seen any. (Nothing wrong with wishfulfillment fantasies and romance/adventuers, but the LN variety is not my cup of tea.) The last LN-to-anime show I gave a chance was Hataraku Maou-sama, and it was a huge disappointment for me. So there's that.
If you want to watch good LN adaptations, take a look at the past and you might give Baccano!, Spice & Wolf, Durarara!! (season one) and Humanity is Declined (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita) to learn the fact that this particular line I paraphrased is very true in my part, marathon them as you please when there's nothing else to do. There's also Sunday Without God which is also enjoyable for me, there's plenty of said shows like these before 2010s.
MyAnimeList
Old 2015-03-18, 05:15   Link #79
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
If you want to watch good LN adaptations, take a look at the past and you might give Baccano!, Spice & Wolf, Durarara!! (season one) and Humanity is Declined (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita) to learn the fact that this particular line I paraphrased is very true in my part, marathon them as you please when there's nothing else to do. There's also Sunday Without God which is also enjoyable for me, there's plenty of said shows like these before 2010s.
Oh yeah, true, I forgot about Baccano and Durarara (although I didn't like DRRR nearly as much as Baccano). There's not many of this sort nowadays, though...

(Sunday Without God started out decent but then turned into kind of meh IMO and I dropped it.)
Old 2015-03-18, 05:29   Link #80
AntonKutovoi

Well, Fate/Zero is LN adaptation as well. And Slayers. From the recent memory - The Pilot's Love Song. Show had it's share of problems, but still was pretty good.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem