AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-20, 00:41   Link #1
whitecloud

Parasyte [Anticipation]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Hitoshi Iwaaki's science-fiction horror manga Parasyte (Kiseiju) is inspiring a television anime project that will be in production simultaneously with the two announced live-action films. The official website for the new projects will eventually open at kiseiju.com.

The story is set in a world where alien beings called Parasites come to Earth. They start taking over humans by entering in through their noses and ears and attaching themselves to their brains. One alien called Migi is only able to take over high school student Shinichi Izumi's right arm, and is unable to control Shinichi completely. Migi and Shinichi learn to co-exist, and the two battle other Parasites who see humans only as food.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-gets-tv-anime

I still remember this manga, i read it when i still a kid in my local book store, i cant a sleep that night afraid and keep looking at my hand....scary stuff...

Anyway, im hoping they can keep the atmosphere and the horror good and do not cut anything from it.... to keep the horror level up....

Old 2013-11-20, 02:09   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
The manga covers seems to make me want to sh*t in my pants. If it aims to bring horror to the audience, the cover is enough for me.^^
Old 2013-11-20, 04:43   Link #3
T-6000

I'm actually very surprised they decided to make an anime out of this....real odd series (But then again, after reading "another" odd Manga who am I to called really odd?), hell I barely remember reading one of the chapters back at 1998. It was in an old Mixx book, hell I *still* have the Mixx book, as one of the reasons why I hung onto that Mixx book was to look up more info on the series. Which I....errr.....ehehe never got around to doing (damn, I can get as lazy as Usagi Tsukino! ). I guess now is as good a time as ever, especially since they're now making an anime.
Old 2013-11-20, 04:58   Link #4
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I must ask how this series is getting rebooted. This thing is so old.....
Old 2013-11-20, 06:31   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Live-action adaptation is the reason this is getting an anime (and I'm not complaining). Cross-promotion, synergy, all that.
Old 2013-11-20, 06:39   Link #6
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

I've read random volumes of this in the past at bookstores and it heavily reminded me of on of my favorite Sci-fi horror films: John Carpenter's The Thing. I might like it so I'll give it a shot.
Old 2013-11-20, 07:41   Link #7
whitecloud

anyone got scared?
Old 2013-11-20, 10:19   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I never thought this would get an anime, not after so long. I loved the manga so I'm eagerly looking forward to this. Give us Madhouse please.
Old 2013-11-20, 11:31   Link #9
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Is the author a Stephen King fan?

Old 2013-11-20, 12:01   Link #10
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Good horror is hard to come by, and I love horror movies myself.

Will definitely try this out once it airs.
Old 2013-11-20, 12:25   Link #11
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Hollywood bought the rights for adaptation while it was still ongoing. They had to wait till the rights expired.
Old 2013-11-20, 16:50   Link #12
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Real horror is pretty rare in anime and there's a trend of old school stuff rebooted for animation, so I think this one will be a good candidate.
Not really my thing because I don't like extreme take on violence beside straightforward stuff, but I'll look up the staff and see the first episode before I judge my own merits.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-11-20, 18:38   Link #13
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-gets-tv-anime

I still remember this manga, i read it when i still a kid in my local book store, i cant a sleep that night afraid and keep looking at my hand....scary stuff...

Anyway, im hoping they can keep the atmosphere and the horror good and do not cut anything from it.... to keep the horror level up....

I was interested when I read the synopsis but after your description I'm very curious to see this one. I hope, like you, that they can keep up the horror. Haven't had a good horror show in ages.
Old 2013-11-20, 19:50   Link #14
ShiroiRyu

Oh man.
My life is complete.
Old 2013-11-20, 22:19   Link #15
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Oh man.
My life is complete.
This.

But I'm holding my excitement until they announce the studio and staff. Won't make the same mistake as Baby Steps. Though if Madhouse or something gets it and it results in a good adaptation, I'm calling this the candidate for best anime of whatever year it airs. It's manga is pretty fucking amazing.
Old 2013-11-20, 23:27   Link #16
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Not just of the year, but one of the best tv series of all time imo. That's how much potential this series has. All we can hope for is a capable staff and studio. I'm thinking it'll be either I.G/WIT or Madhouse.
Old 2013-11-20, 23:55   Link #17
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Holy shit. This was long overdue.
Old 2013-11-21, 04:41   Link #18
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Holy shit. This was long overdue.
Yeah, you're telling me. When I told my brother about this bit of news yesterday, he said "Well what took them so long?". And I couldn't help but wonder that, either. I'm not 100% familiar with the anime industry, but it's not often a manga that is a decade or two old becomes a modern anime. So I can't help but wonder what it's style will be like with a new modern anime? Will it retain the style of the Manga or will it adopt a new and different style? And how close will the Anime adaption be with the original Manga?

Regardless, I'm definitely checking it out. With all these cliche Harem series coming out it's nice to see something a bit different for a change.
Old 2013-11-21, 05:45   Link #19
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Is the author a Stephen King fan?

Did you saw the other covers ?
try the other covers.
Old 2013-11-21, 11:51   Link #20
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Yeah, you're telling me. When I told my brother about this bit of news yesterday, he said "Well what took them so long?". And I couldn't help but wonder that, either. I'm not 100% familiar with the anime industry, but it's not often a manga that is a decade or two old becomes a modern anime. So I can't help but wonder what it's style will be like with a new modern anime? Will it retain the style of the Manga or will it adopt a new and different style? And how close will the Anime adaption be with the original Manga?

Regardless, I'm definitely checking it out. With all these cliche Harem series coming out it's nice to see something a bit different for a change.
I posted the reason why it took so long above.
Closed Thread

Tags
horror, violence