AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-01-11, 19:45   Link #1
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
How much music

I havent seen a thread for this if there is one im sorry but im wondering how much anime/j-pop/j-rock do you listen to a week my ipod is basically nothing but music from japan
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 20:15   Link #2
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
I havent seen a thread for this if there is one im sorry but im wondering how much anime/j-pop/j-rock do you listen to a week my ipod is basically nothing but music from japan
I listen to a lot. But Lately I have sorta become a little raver so scouse-house is what I'm really into these dayz.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 21:28   Link #3
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Punctuation...why have you forsaken me? I probably listen to about 40% J-Pop/Anime Soundtracks. The rest is Industrial/Electronic music (Skinny Puppy, Icon of Coil, VNV Nation, Covenant, Hocico, Haujobb, etc...). Toss in some Goth (shaken, not stirred) as well.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-01-12 at 12:33.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 22:59   Link #4
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

It seems like I only listen to Japanese music , especially JPop&JRock <- includes anime songs. But I like listening to Chinese Pop and some French or English songs too

And yeah, my player has Japanese songs only.
Old 2006-01-11, 23:01   Link #5
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

eto...im not sure how much music i listen to in a week, probably b/c i dont time myself j/k . i listen to it when im on the computer [which is like the whole day after school], in the car, in the mall, everywhere! so basically a lot would be the answer i mostly listen to j-pop but when i listen to my sisters & parents stuff its a mix of korean/manderin/canto. and i sometimes listen to english music. rock hiphop r&b punk stuff liker that. [ahem HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOUR ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!...-_-'''']

catgirls your sig is so kawaii i love it!!!
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 22:16   Link #6
♥ Tatsuki-San ♥
Sĭñƒûll¥ §wêë† Åñgël

I listen to alot of j-pop/rock, that's pretty much all that I listen too. I dont listen to music all day, but whenever i'm on the computer, reading, writing... yea '_'
♥ Tatsuki-San ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 23:46   Link #7
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Except for what I hear on TV and the radio, it's all Japanese music. I don't buy American CDs, and my computer and Ipod have nothing but Japanese music on it. :>
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 23:57   Link #8
Renyulb28
Helpful Bystander

i listen to mainly modern rock and alternative stuff, as well as trance and electronica. but sometimes i'll throw in a couple of OST's as well. I have about 9gb of anime ost and 14 gb of regular music on my computer
Renyulb28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 05:34   Link #9
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

I only have japanese stuff on my computer... Pillows ftw!
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 23:49   Link #10
triela
Oh no! Uncle Ganondorf!

I listen to music from anime shows and video games I like mostly, but the language it's in doesn't matter. Everyone's beautiful!
triela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:54   Link #11
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I listen to mostly OST's, especially drama OST's. From time to time, there would come some good songs with vocals and those go in my mp3 player. To answer how much, then when I commute to and from school I listen to my mp3 player; when I sit in the computer (which is close to half a day) my winamp is playing. And yeah, it's all Japanese. I have no love for R&B and not really much good alternative songs really did it.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 09:51   Link #12
Dante_Grim
Juice Crew Affiliate

None. I use to listen to a few songs a day, but if I can't understand the lyrics I don't see a point in listening to it anymore.
Dante_Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 03:47   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Since I started taking JP language classes and studying the language, my listening rate of jpop/anime has gone up to ... maybe 80%. Some of it is just that I've gotten wretchedly tired of the pseudo-rebellious corporate band spew that saturates the air waves. (Not that jpop isn't corporate... but it is novel and has more of an 1980s sound to it). Plus other than NPR, radio is pretty dead for me.

Some of the singers actually put out well pitched decent voices and its kind of entertaining listening to the "alien" spin on musical phrasing (raucous guitar with piano... Elton John, anyone?). The soundtrack stuff (OSTs) are really interesting at times (Nanoha's tracks match the quality of a lot of movie work and AIR .... about 6 tracks on there just zap me).

My not-an-ipod player holds about 40GB so I've got all my jpop on it (even the character CDs .. I like to listen to them talk for language practice) as well as all the other wierd sectors of music I like (classical, hard 60s-80s rock, trance, goth (I guess Dead Can Dance is goth), electronica, ethnic folk music (Indian, Tibetan, German, bluegrass, some gospel), some Dean Martin.. heh.
Old 2006-02-07, 07:14   Link #14
Kupo!
Shane-kun

Send a message via AIM to Kupo! Send a message via MSN to Kupo! Send a message via Yahoo to Kupo!
I have a decent amount of it on my iPod. But I listen to a lot of other genres too.
Kupo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 07:41   Link #15
Theundyingmage

The only music I listen to is Japanese. Never listen to English stuff.
Mainly Horie Yui stuff but sometimes I listen to Drama CD's as they tend to be very funny.

Ipod 60gb is about 70% full right now of Japanese stuff.
Theundyingmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 18:14   Link #16
shikamarufoo

I listen to alot of J-Pop and anime songs, but that's about 81% of what I listen to. The rest is techno and slow jams.
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 20:03   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its mainly just Anime OST's, OP & ED's.. and then throw in some Image albums. ^.^

Along with some Japanese singers & bands.. and i can't forget Video Game OST's too.. which can end up taking up a lot of space! >.<

Edit: Also http://www.last.fm/user/Shiroth/ shows what i've listened too.. even though i only joined the over day! >.<
Old 2006-02-11, 13:17   Link #18
maple
Anime Dai~Suki

My ipods are for Japanese stuff.
about 80% OP,ED,OST,Drama CD,Image albums from animes^__^
maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 15:46   Link #19
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
The Japanese stuff on my mp3 player is about... 10-20%. Sure, I do enjoy some Japanese bands, but why should I limit my self to them? + I'm not a huge fan of OSTs.
My MP3 player mainly has rock and metal, a bunch of audiobooks and a lot of industrial... Some classical, goth, punk, rap/hiphop, pop, hardcore... and other stuff
I don't see a point of only listening to Japanese bands. Or just one genre. :/
Besides I get bored of things fast, I need variety!
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 15:54   Link #20
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Hm... to be true... not so much from anime, I consume more, than anime OPs/EDs could offer me. Once I've got enough from a track, I skip, and so on... I listen a lot of music, sometimes the entire day. Most of it is doujinshi music (remix's from japanese games) and original videogamemusic, well and OC ReMix's. Some doujin music artist I luv are LevoLution (now TranceShift), Saitama Saisyu Heiki, CROW'SCLAW, AKINEKO, Aether, Hellion Sounds, Fagile Online, MTK2... and many more. Some of those Artist did also ReMix's from Games, that became anime... like AIR, F/SN, etc. Excellent artists... but still, anime music is also excellent, if I wouldnt be out of it so fast

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote