AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-02-06, 16:09   Link #1
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
Spirited Away (Hayao Miyazaki film)

If I offend someone by saying this...well, gomen-ne. But still. I love this movie. I cry almost every time I watch it. I can't get enough, yet I still don't have it on DVD! Shimatta! Shimatta three times!
Remittance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 16:22   Link #2
lavielove

ya,that's a real fantasy movie of all time. Another one is Howl's moving castle. Main character being too old and too yong (^_^)I dare say that studio gibili works are always variety in the story.

I don't feel like Spirited Away is the best movie because I like Princess Monanoke better.
Spoiler:

But for sure Spirited Away is one of the top-notch animes.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 16:35   Link #3
Lumir

Princess Mononoke still has my movie vote. Man i wish i owned that movie. If anyone has info on were i can get it please notify me.
Lumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 16:55   Link #4
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Oh, I've seen it at Barnes & Noble, actually. Just go to the DVD section of the shop and look under Foriegn Films. It'll be there...unless it's not, in which case you'll have to go back at a later time. I'm positively positive I've seen it there.
Old 2006-02-07, 00:24   Link #5
AMS

It is ONE of the best anime movies around.
AMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 02:57   Link #6
Chronissz

I like Spirited Away best, but I still need to rewatch Nausicaa, I missed it playing on TCM last month. Havnt seen that one since I was a kid, but I still vaguely remember it. I have a feeling if I rewatched it, it would probably steal the #1 spot from Spirited Away.

The train scene in Spirited Away is simply beautiful, my fav. scene that captures me every time I watch it.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 07:20   Link #7
Kupo!
Shane-kun

Send a message via AIM to Kupo! Send a message via MSN to Kupo! Send a message via Yahoo to Kupo!
I own Spirited Away, but still haven't watched it. lol
Kupo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 08:37   Link #8
Remittance Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronissz
I like Spirited Away best, but I still need to rewatch Nausicaa, I missed it playing on TCM last month. Havnt seen that one since I was a kid, but I still vaguely remember it. I have a feeling if I rewatched it, it would probably steal the #1 spot from Spirited Away.

The train scene in Spirited Away is simply beautiful, my fav. scene that captures me every time I watch it.
Haiii! I LOVE the train scene. The music is the best I've ever heard in a movie...EVER. I was humming it on the way home from school yesterday...I was on a bus and I just felt like it was similar...only there wasn't a mouse and a bird asleep in my lap. Hehe...
Old 2006-02-07, 09:11   Link #9
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
It is indeed a wonderful movie, but I'd be lying if I said some parts didn't totally gross me out. ^^; Tossing that aside, it was spectacular. Even the dub was!
Old 2006-02-07, 09:19   Link #10
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remittance Man
Haiii! I LOVE the train scene. The music is the best I've ever heard in a movie...EVER. I was humming it on the way home from school yesterday...I was on a bus and I just felt like it was similar...only there wasn't a mouse and a bird asleep in my lap. Hehe...
Second that, the train scene is awesome. I prefer Spirited away to Mononoke, not that Mononoke is not a masterpiece, but Spirited away rules
Old 2006-02-07, 12:29   Link #11
Tabris

I wouldnt' say it's the best movie ever. But it is an amazing movie.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 03:04   Link #12
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

it was a much better improvement over princess mononoke. that one was too wierd and too violent and gave me nightmares.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 16:09   Link #13
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronissz
I like Spirited Away best, but I still need to rewatch Nausicaa
Nausicaa > all other ghibli movies!

I picked up Princess Mononoke again over the weekend at Best Buy for ~ US$11.00... Saw it in the theatre and used to have the DVD.
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 16:13   Link #14
triela
Oh no! Uncle Ganondorf!

I love all those movies. Spirited Away is one of my fav films of all time.
triela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 22:18   Link #15
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Spirited Away is an extremely good movie and Miyazaki never, ever fails to deliver. But it's not as good as Princess Mononoke, I mean the feeling I got after watching Princess Monoke was fantastic. It was such a wonderful ride, the setting was just fantastic and flawless. It really hit my soft point for the 'fantastic'
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 22:37   Link #16
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I find it curious -- and a big win for Ghibli -- that while some people are insisting Sprited Away wasn't the best movie ever, all of the dissenters are claiming another Studio Ghibli movie deserves that title.

I'm almost tempted to add a poll to this thread: What is the best movie ever?
1. Sprited Away
2. Nausicaa
3. Mononoke-hime

Of course these results have already been seriously skewed because almost everyone who clicks on the thread is already a Ghibli fan or else they wouldn't be reading about Sprited Away. That's why I won't bother with such a biased poll.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 08:55   Link #17
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Personally I think the best Ghibli movie is Whisper of the Heart, hands down.

Spirited Away is probably the most solid Ghibli movie in terms of animation. As for which is the best Miyazaki directed Ghibli movie, I used to opt for Laputa: Castle In The Sky. But now I own them all on dvd (including Howl's Moving Castle) and I've recently concluded I adore them all equally but for quite different reasons.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 09:45   Link #18
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Princess Mononoke pwnz Spirited Away. Its still a good movie, although Final Fantasy Advent Children owns all. I think it can be classified in that area...
________
Dodge polara history

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:02.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 10:01   Link #19
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
Princess Mononoke pwnz Spirited Away. Its still a good movie, although Final Fantasy Advent Children owns all. I think it can be classified in that area...
You are kidding right? I like FF:AC a lot, but seriously Miyazaki is on a whole different level to Nomura ....
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 05:13   Link #20
guess

I watched Spirited Away a while ago on cartoonetwork and it was great! I really love it! How was the rating? Cartoonetwork is airing most of misaky's work now. I assume the rating must have been great?

Tags
ghibli