AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-01-19, 11:10   Link #61
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

ANN brings the announcement of the 35th anniversary film of the Super Sentai franchise: Super Sentai 35-Saku Kinen Sakuhin.

In a nutshell this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also included is the robots and will be released on May 21st!

Also on August 6th, Kamen Rider OOO and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger will team up in the Gekijō-ban Kamen Rider OOO/Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger film.

Should be a fun year!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 00:13   Link #62
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Official poster:

Also, footage from a Super Sentai special shown today:

Interesting part is at 2:00, where they demonstrate the Gokaiger henshin system, where they transform into past Sentai.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 07:38   Link #63
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

100+ Suit Actors

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-01-30, 08:32   Link #64
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

Kamen Riders: Let's go, Riders!

GoukaiRed: Well what about this? Our teams are bigger than yours!!

Kamen Rider: Whatever. Come on, guys let's get out there. Where's the other riders where I need them...
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 02:37   Link #65
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Let's Go! Let's Go Kaiger!

Old 2011-02-01, 04:17   Link #66
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Let's Go! Let's Go Kaiger!

oh wait..... what happened to that awsome theme song by Psychic Lover in the Dice-O commercial?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 20:42   Link #67
justsomeguy

GoukaiSilver pics at http://sentaifive.blogspot.com/.

Normal form: head bandana and shades
Powered-up form: more heads than Decade Complete.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 02:28   Link #68
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Third PV, and Passing the Torch

Old 2011-02-13, 02:15   Link #69
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

OP:

ED:

IT'S EVERYONE!!!!!!

Also,

Captain Marvelous. Freaking Boss.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-02-13 at 05:46.
Old 2011-02-13, 22:25   Link #70
justsomeguy

Just watched ep1, and Gokaiger surpassed expectations. Some thoughts and speculation:

1) For some reason, the 34 previous teams sacrificed their powers to destroy the enemy fleet instead of call out their mecha.

2) The Gokaigers start out with all of the ranger keys, so unlike Decade they will not be getting them one at a time. Where did the keys come from? Is it possible that they somehow were created from the powers the 34 previous teams sacrificed?

3) The robot parrot Navi is voiced by Yukari Tamura. It seems the last sentai she had been in was way back in Abaranger, but I don't know for what role.

4) Oiles Gil (voiced by Hirofumi Nojima, who previously voiced Cobraja from Heartcatch Precure) is the son of the Zangyak emperor, and is apparently a spoiled arrogant aristocrat. Damaras is obviously more composed and competent, and I will not be surprised if there is conflict or betrayal between these two.

5) Emperor Zangyak has not appeared yet. I guess he is either the final boss, or will get killed halfway through and Oiles Gil will ascend to the throne.

6) Excellent recreations of the Goranger suits, right down to the rounder oversized helmets and pinhole visors. That is, I'm assuming those are replicas, because there's no way 35-year-old costumes would be in such good condition. It's also nice that fighting style changed when they switched powers.

7) Yes, Captain Marvelous lives up to his name.

Old 2011-02-15, 22:53   Link #71
justavisitor

just watched the ep 1...how come the black ranger from jetman is still there?

Spoiler for spoiler:

and those two girls are quite pretty...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 01:52   Link #72
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
just watched the ep 1...how come the black ranger from jetman is still there?

Spoiler for spoiler:

and those two girls are quite pretty...
Dragon Ranger (from Zyuranger) and AbareKiller are also there, so it's safe to conclude that Gokaiger is as much an alternate universe as all the other series are from each other. Otherwise, the Magirangers would have easily soloed the entire invasion force with the infinite power they achieved in their finale.

Old 2011-02-20, 11:33   Link #73
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

watched ep 2.

dam i like they megazord (or whatever the called it in japan) it remind me for dekaranger (spd). so flexible and mobile compare to other which barely use their feet

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 20:41   Link #74
justsomeguy

Episode 2:

* Flashback: Marvelous got the chest of ranger keys from AkaRed, who saved his life and apparently sacrificed himself.
* Marvelous actually lets a kid transform into ShinkenRed and fight. The kid does surprisingly well against the Gormin grunts, but has no chance against the MotD.
* Dekaranger transformation to shoot down the MotD's missiles, Hurricanger transformation to attack melee, and then all-Red (Shinken, Magi, Gosei, Ginga, and Geki) final attack.
* Mech battle! GokaiOh's final attack "Gokai Starburst" is a chest cannon extending out and firing a volley of cannonballs!
* Kai Ozu (MagiRed) next episode.

Old 2011-02-21, 10:36   Link #75
Rag

I wanna understand something, did the English version PowerRangers come out first or was it the Japanese version first? I saw this long argument on 4chan where two guys were barking over which version came out and I got confused.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 11:44   Link #76
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
I wanna understand something, did the English version PowerRangers come out first or was it the Japanese version first? I saw this long argument on 4chan where two guys were barking over which version came out and I got confused.
Super Sentai is the original source, so Power Rangers is always one year behind, except for Power Rangers Samurai being two years behind as an adaptation of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.

Old 2011-02-24, 02:23   Link #77
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
The first Super Sentai, Himitsu Sentai Goranger, came out in 1975. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers came out in 1993, and it took the concept and footage from Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, which aired in 1992.

No matter how you look at it, the Japanese came up with the concept nearly a couple of decades before America even bothered to look at it.

Fun trivia: Saban was originally going to adapt the previous Super Sentai, Choujin Sentai Jetman as the Power Rangers.

Old 2011-03-30, 13:32   Link #78
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

DekaGokaiOh definetly my favorite megazord. those gun battle very awesome

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 23:19   Link #79
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Super Sentai Transformation Montage