AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-07-15, 04:48   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 685 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 06:30   Link #2
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

*cough* lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Calling it, it's setting up for SasuSaku moment, lol. *cough*
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 07:20   Link #3
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

awww.... Sasuke X Sakura moment is back after hundreds of chapters
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 10:45   Link #4
GDB

Well, that was... a chapter? Rather convenient that Sasuke can shadow step like that now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 10:49   Link #5
itachi-san314

swap places in an instant? so he's got goku's teleportation now?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 11:06   Link #6
Saphira Veera
*Author

But this chapter certainly proved Sakura's badassery. How she ripped that sleeve off...... afjiasd&@!$
j

Sakura Kyouko
Saphira Veera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 11:22   Link #7
The Small One

So this is "Sasuke's Power", but what kind of power?
Is this his Mangekyo-Sharingan power? (Like Obito's warp) Is it a Rinnegan power, or is it the transmigrants power he got from the Sage?
Now how do they plan to get back to Naruto?

BTW, doesn't this "The real Naruto is the one with the black speres"-revelation suck? Weren't the clones supposed to be complete copies? So shouldn't they have the speres as well?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 11:51   Link #8
schedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
So this is "Sasuke's Power", but what kind of power?
Is this his Mangekyo-Sharingan power? (Like Obito's warp) Is it a Rinnegan power, or is it the transmigrants power he got from the Sage?
Now how do they plan to get back to Naruto?

BTW, doesn't this "The real Naruto is the one with the black speres"-revelation suck? Weren't the clones supposed to be complete copies? So shouldn't they have the speres as well?
I expect that if you have the Rinnegan, you can do almost any jutsu. Hopefully, Sasuke would eventually learn the Six Paths Technique.

If only we paid attention to more detail to Naruto's appearance in Chapter 684. Kishimoto gave us the strategy before explaining it in this recent chapter. In my opinion, we read the chapter and question ourselves without analyzing details.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 12:46   Link #9
Apollian

I was hoping for Naruto to say that even if his real dies his Clone will take his place like Naruto's own version of Izanagi, where his Clone returns back to reality; physically real and unscathed no matter how many times you kill him. but nothing yet about how both is and Sasuke's powers work.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 13:54   Link #10
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by schedmaster View Post
If only we paid attention to more detail to Naruto's appearance in Chapter 684. Kishimoto gave us the strategy before explaining it in this recent chapter. In my opinion, we read the chapter and question ourselves without analyzing details.
The only problem with this chapter was that it made look Naruto weak and Kaguya and Zetsu stupid. First Naruto was too slow, he didn't manage to follow Kaguya, he failed where Obito and Sasuke succeeded. Then we see how both Kaguya and Zetsu can't make a difference between 2 Naruto clones and Obito and Sakura. Shouldn't they see the difference with the byakugan? Also Zetsu despite being with Obito for years didn't realize that he could use his teleportation, and even now they do not realize that Obito and Sakura are gone from the ice dimension.

So no clever trick from Naruto and Kaguya continues to be a stupid goddess who follows her freakish son's orders. I think most of us hoped for more than what was in this chapter.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 15:27   Link #11
Wandering Soul

So Sasuke can teleport now. Kaguya also continues being an ineffective villain.
Old 2014-07-15, 15:31   Link #12
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Sasuke was teleporting not too long after getting the rinnengan (and even teleported naruto once on the duo attack on Madara). It is why Madara fled correctly deducing the jutsu has a range. It looks like he also used it on Kagara after Naruto pulled off his sexy clone jutsu in the attempt to seal her.

Last edited by astayanax; 2014-07-15 at 18:20.
astayanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 18:17   Link #13
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The only problem with this chapter was that it made look Naruto weak and Kaguya and Zetsu stupid. First Naruto was too slow, he didn't manage to follow Kaguya, he failed where Obito and Sasuke succeeded. Then we see how both Kaguya and Zetsu can't make a difference between 2 Naruto clones and Obito and Sakura. Shouldn't they see the difference with the byakugan? Also Zetsu despite being with Obito for years didn't realize that he could use his teleportation, and even now they do not realize that Obito and Sakura are gone from the ice dimension.

So no clever trick from Naruto and Kaguya continues to be a stupid goddess who follows her freakish son's orders. I think most of us hoped for more than what was in this chapter.
i wouldn't necessarily say weak. obito kamuied to the dimension where naruto had to rush/"fly" to the portal and make it through. he was fairly smart to send that clone ahead of his real body. kaguya doest keep the byakugan activated. sense she apparently is sorta kinda tryna preserve chakra, this makes some sense…and yes zetsu has been with obito for some time but obito only had ONE of his sharingan. too many other things going on to calculate an opponent who was quite dead five seconds ago, is up, has both eyes and can use that power to open a hole in a portal that closing quick fast. I'm just glad they got to sasuke.

side note: is this still the same night? the night the edo hokage first showed up? i think so. according to chapter 643, sunrise will be narutos birthday. that is gonna be sooooooooo cheesy when it coincides with the win
Old 2014-07-15, 18:27   Link #14
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice chapter
Old 2014-07-15, 18:30   Link #15
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
swap places in an instant? so he's got goku's teleportation now?

Also known as Kawarimi. Remember the ubiquitous log?
Old 2014-07-15, 18:40   Link #16
Johnny
Working the bags...

Sakura: I'll produce better results than Naruto.

I'm not sure how to take that statement? Not sure if I should laugh at it or just remain quiet and watch her screw up again. It's been shown time and time again that she's completely useless other than shipping bait...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 20:23   Link #17
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Also known as Kawarimi. Remember the ubiquitous log?
i'm assuming that one of the rinnegan's highest level techniques is a little better than something a genin can do
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 20:40   Link #18
Tchadnis

lol , this chapter was rather funny though , they straight , started to look for sasuke in those others dimension but didn't start in the one they were in ? just trying to add some dramatic moment ... so i guess Kishi just ship a SasuXSaku ship with this "eyes meeting moment"
Old 2014-07-15, 21:07   Link #19
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
lol , this chapter was rather funny though , they straight , started to look for sasuke in those others dimension but didn't start in the one they were in ? just trying to add some dramatic moment ... so i guess Kishi just ship a SasuXSaku ship with this "eyes meeting moment"
Does it really look like a moment:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Neither of them look happy to see each other.
Old 2014-07-15, 23:44   Link #20
Hiking_Bear

Sasuke would have instantly become my favorite character if he had swapped places with Sakura instead, leaving her in the other dimension. Then at least he'd have an extra vest that he could stylishly wear over his shirt.