In this manga, there are many people with messiah complex,
naruto is only one of many...
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 11:50   Link #62
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Whoever said it was accurate? All he sensed was fighting, and a lot of it. He does not know what exactly is happening, as if he was watching it.
I remember when Naruto arrived to Konoha to face Pain and he even sensed that Kakashi's chakra wasn't there. Remember how he tracked Sasuke without any difficulty and he saved Sakura just in time.

I believe that he is very accurate.... ah... how to forget when he discovered Kisame inside Samehada.

I would say that Naruto is one of the most accurate sensor right now.
Old 2011-04-14, 12:06   Link #63
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I would say that Naruto is one of the most accurate sensor right now.
Naruto and Karin should make little chakra sensing super children. She is the only one close to his class. Karin can also identify individual chakra over a long distance. She and Naruto are the only ones who can do this.

I find it funny that Kakashi already looks sleepy in Naruto Vision. What happened to that angry guy who was rampaging? Gai is the rampaging one. I can see Shika and Ino fighting Kakuzu. Are they joined at the hip now? Choji is off flying to get a sandwich. And Sakura is healing. Which is her job. Good Sakura. Let the men folk fight. Someone has to save the fodder.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 12:13   Link #64
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

This has been a great thread so far, I've been enjoying all the posts

I really enjoyed this chapter, especially the heartfelt- "I love you like a brother maaaaaaaan" From Iruka.

And now Naruto is off to kick some ass- I think you guys are right, by the time he shows up shit is going to be dire. But I also think he's going to have to learn in the upcoming battle to work with friends- that's the vibe I get, his next big challange is to get over his "messaiah complex" as someone put it and start working with the other ninja. I think that will be a good time.

Forget Madara, he's just a freak- I want to see Naruto fighting Sasuke! Oh man that is going to be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Seriously, all he needed was to say "Datte-fuckin'-bayo bitches" on that last panel and he'd have earned himself the title of badass this chapter.
NICE! I love it Fukitsu Naruto! I love it! *Strikes nice guy pose*
Old 2011-04-14, 12:14   Link #65
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Naruto and Karin should make little chakra sensing super children.
Naruto can do that because kyuubi's chakra...
Old 2011-04-14, 12:18   Link #66
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Naruto can do that because kyuubi's chakra...
Er no, he has super sensing because of Sage mode. With Natural energies he can read chakra in a massive radius.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 12:20   Link #67
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That's right. It's hatred that he senses in Kyuubi mode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 12:50   Link #68
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Er no, he has super sensing because of Sage mode. With Natural energies he can read chakra in a massive radius.
yeah, yeah... i was wrong...

what i want to say is that Naruto can sense because his training in sage arts, so isn't a natural thing....

So any Naruto's child must to learn sage arts first and then he would be a sensory type.

Isn't like an Uchiha or Hyuuga that will have Sharingan just because one of his parents is one of them.
Old 2011-04-14, 13:33   Link #69
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

You're right, Naruto's child would have to have the capacity to become a sage as well as train in it to have sensory skills. Unless of course the mother is a sensory type which gives the child roughly a 25% chance of being born with the ability XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 13:57   Link #70
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe
I thought Team 10 was going to do some epic jutsu,
Quote:
So much for Choji saying he would end the battle.
I spent some time trying to think about what kind of jutsu's that team could combine to unleash that would 'end the battle.' It was time wasted, I got nothing. I'm writing that off as butterfly talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzoman
Well well, I guess infinite chakra isn't enough; he needs another power-up; this time looking into someone's past/memories
To me it looked like, after he couldn't move, his spidey sage sense tingled, and he used the downtime as an opportunity to unleashed his sage Byakugan and get some perspective. I don't think it had anything to do with the Shadow mimic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
That being said, Naruto was stuck on Turtle Island, which is seemingly some distance away from the battlefield (unless the Kages decided to stage their war right next to their supposedly hidden Jinchuuriki).
Chapter 515 page 11. About the same distance that Lee had to cover when he 'appeared' out of nowhere to fight Kimi for Naruto. Maybe a bit longer.
Quote:
The tagline for the preview for next chapter indicates that Madara will appear.
Where was this? I don't see it anywhere. Can you point out what page or tell me what it said?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Potentially not so random, the fact that Naruto can discern events happening so far away with such accuracy doesn't just make a joke of the Byakugan, it could mean he doesn't have a huge need to open his eyes at all when fighting, well, someone.
Like how Guy fights the Sh... er, someone? So if Naruto lost his eyes, could he still use his sage Byakugan or is his Byakugan eyeball dependent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMare_Hibari Kyo
a long time ago i had a guess i was kinda sure that this manga will end sasuke + naruto vs the ultimate villan Madara i wanna see if it will go as i think or no :-)
Would Naruto with Sasuke's Sharingan count as Naruto+Sasuke? (Technically they're Itachi's eyes, but Sasuke's eyes should be lying around the hideout somewhere. I wonder if Madara has plans for those.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk
This has been a great thread so far, I've been enjoying all the posts
Quoted For Emphasis!
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:04   Link #71
KidKoolAid

A good chapter, except for the part when naruto is talking about his friends suffering and dieing on the battlefield(?). When did anyone he knows die ? The Alliance is winning without a sense of threat. Madara army and the dead looks scary, but actually packs no punch. It is like having a 357. Mag that only shoot kisses. The 357 looks scary, but doesn't accomplish anything.

I am hoping that this is anticipated by Madara and he and others (zombie pein/Itachi) start pursuing him. This was a ploy to get him off the island. I am ready to see heroes die, this seems more like a large battle rather than a war.
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:05   Link #72
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post

Chapter 515 page 11. About the same distance that Lee had to cover when he 'appeared' out of nowhere to fight Kimi for Naruto. Maybe a bit longer.
And does anyone recall how long it took Naruto to find Sasuke after the Kage Battle? That was undoubtedly an approximate distance (as Naruto is from the battlefield...in fact, it is probably less distance), but Sasuke still had time to kill Danzou and nearly kill Sakura and probably Kakashi before Naruto arrived. So, there is plenty of distance between Naruto and the battlefield for almost anything to occur (especially if Kishimoto decides to have several fights occur simultaneously).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:30   Link #73
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKoolAid View Post
When did anyone he knows die ?
Haku
Sandaime
Jiraiya
Chiyo

And if we count those who died but later resurrected:
Gaara
Kakashi
Shizune
Fukasaku

@james: That's Kishi's call... Naruto can be really fast (when he discovered Kisame) or Kishi can slow him down just for his planning of the chapters.
Old 2011-04-14, 14:51   Link #74
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ And don't you forget the messenger frog that Danzou splatted...oh, and his parents, if you count their late meeting
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 15:54   Link #75
Fran~
floating away...

but, naruto didn't know them

I don't know if Pain counts or not... he dies in front of Naruto.
Old 2011-04-14, 16:00   Link #76
Dalek Sec

Send a message via AIM to Dalek Sec Send a message via MSN to Dalek Sec Send a message via Yahoo to Dalek Sec
great build up! Great issue...I am loving it

Stuff is about to get serious

-Kyo
Old 2011-04-14, 16:07   Link #77
KidKoolAid

Quote:
Haku
Sandaime
Jiraiya
Chiyo

And if we count those who died but later resurrected:
Gaara
Kakashi
Shizune
Fukasaku

@james: That's Kishi's call... Naruto can be really fast (when he discovered Kisame) or Kishi can slow him down just for his planning of the chapters.
That was before the kick off of the war, so I do not count those. Naruto was directly talking about lives being lost during this war.
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 17:10   Link #78
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek Sec View Post
Stuff is about to get serious

-Kyo
“Shit just got real.”
Old 2011-04-14, 17:33   Link #79
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKoolAid View Post
That was before the kick off of the war, so I do not count those. Naruto was directly talking about lives being lost during this war.
In that case, well, Naruto senses fading chakras... isn't difficult, he senses 100,000 sources of chakra and the second after that he senses 99,994.
Old 2011-04-14, 18:09   Link #80
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
No I disagree,
It is too early for this show to end and what you described would be the beginning of the end.
The beginning of the end of this manga would be if the Sasuke vs Naruto fight happens too soon, i described a possible scenario where this can be temporarily avoided.

Quote:
No I think this will be a hard learned lesson for naruto and exactly what madara is after. Remember he (madara) is a master in manipulating people and their actions, he probably knew naruto would lash out eventually and so has everything set up for it.
What seems more troublesome to beat? 1 jinchuuriki or 2?
Thus having them seperated is way more usefull. Also though naruto is powerfull he still has his limits. Draining his stamina would make him easier to beat and fighting a war is pretty draining.
Madara is not all about logic, he told to Naruto (recently we saw this in the anime too) that he wants a Naruto vs Sasuke fight where the Uchiha win over the one who represents the Senju. This is obviusly not a logical but an emotional decision. If Madara were thinking in a logical way in this matter he would seek the easiest and most secure solution, that can be the one that you described, where he waits in the shadows until Naruto is exhaused and then poisons him or teleports him or whatever. But instead of that he wants a duel between the successors of Uchiha and Senju, and he says it's destiny.

Quote:
My guess is that kishi wants naruto and the kyuubi split.
We have recently learned that kushina after giving birth and having the fully powered kyuubi extracted was able to stay alive. Thus by default naruto should be able to survive the extraction as well. This would make it possible for him to host the juubi, like the sage of the 6 paths before him (his ancestor).
I disagree for a very simple reason, that would make the 4th hokage look like a fool. The 4th hokage stated that he will seal the 9 tails in Naruto because that is what will help Naruto become the "savior" that Jiraiya was talking about. He sacrificed his life to give his son a weapon that can be used against Madara. Now if Naruto simply loses the kyuubi and despite that survives and even beats Madara that would make of the 4th hokage an idiot who died for nothing. Also Naruto does not have Kushina's powers, he does not have the red hair that the Uzumaki bloodline has (as stated by Madara when he talks about Uzumaki Nagato). Sure he has some of the Uzumaki powers, since in kyuubi mode he has the necklace of the sage of 6 paths, but we don't know in what way Kishimoto wants to use this heritage of Naruto. It could be he gives some bloodline abilities to Naruto eventually or it could be that Naruto will have none.

Quote:
Also by losing after being overconfident in his own abilities naruto again learns a valuable lesson, you can not do it all on your own.
He was always overconfident, now at least he has a good reason to be confident But this overconfidence is true for almost all ninja in this manga, just look at how easy Shikamaru, Sakura and other decided that they must kill Sasuke on their own. That was hilarious, i mean how can they even dream of fighting against a guy who is fighting kages and akatsukians. So even if i agree that naruto should learn a lesson i must say that before that happens i want that the alliance learn this lesson. And a good way for them to learn the lesson would be if Naruto saves their asses on the battlefield. Overconfident bitches like Karui should be raped to half death by zombies and zetsus before Naruto saves their asses
And that's true for kages and all other idiots.

Remember that Kisame stole the plans of the alliance, so Madara should have a plan based on that, the only thing that does not match his information should be that Naruto is not where he should be, instead he is running towards the battlefield, and considering how weak the zetsu army is i would say it's a fake battlefield.

But the interesting thing in this chapter is how Naruto alternates between sage mode and kyuubi mode. Will he fight this way before he learns how to combine the two? I wonder what fighting tactics will Kishimoto think of for this situation. Maybe this war will be a good place for Naruto to train, so he can become better with his special powerups before he faces Sasuke.

BTW Iruka had the "shinobi" head protector while Naruto still has konoha's. So i wonder why didn't Naruto began by asking him or the others where is their konoha head protector instead of listening to their lies

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2011-04-14 at 18:38.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion