Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-11, 06:51   Link #10041
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwzin View Post
That smile gives me something scary
I like it, evil tastes good after all. Although she looks like that girl from the PSP VITA DATEaLIVE game.
Old 2014-09-11, 08:10   Link #10042
whitecloud

Date a live 11 : tobiichi devil
Old 2014-09-11, 08:42   Link #10043
AP24

Since vol 11 comes out on a Saturday the usual summaries might be done faster than usual if we're lucky.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 09:42   Link #10044
whitecloud

i wonder...since tobiichi is inversed, will we see a yandere tobiichi?, currently tobiichi is somewhat obsesive with shido, but still know some limit, will we now see the darker side of it...?
Old 2014-09-11, 09:53   Link #10045
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
Until we see the actual volume, we can't say what will match with the situation. It's only an assumption that Shidou in the past and Origami's rampage will last the entire volume.

Volume 3 ended with Mana, Tohka, and Origami defeated, Kurumi about to level a high school and devour Shidou, and Kotori appearing on the battle field in her spirit form for the first time
The difference in scale between these two cliffhangars (Kotori appearing in the battle against Kurumi and Shidou getting sent into the past) is huge. They were able to finish the Kurumi fight quickly because it was just asingle fight, but there's a ton of stuff to do before we're done with the Origami conflict.

Quote:
and yet the Volume 4 color illustrations included Shidou with his arm around Origami's naked chest and Tohka in a swimsuit and those didn't match either until we saw the actual volume.
You're not getting it. Those were pics illustrating actual events from the volume, yes. But that pic we got of Kotori, Yoshino, and Natsumi was an alternate cover/bonus scan, not an illustration of an event from the novel. One thing that makes the difference clear is that the maid pic doesn't have a quote from any respective scene, unlike every of the other scene illustrations in the beginning of the volumes, including your examples here. The maid pic is an alternate cover/bonus pic that doesn't actually have a scene in the volume, hence why it has no such quote from the text.
It's just clear that it's a bonus pic and not a scene illustration. It screams "random fanservice pic."
Old 2014-09-11, 10:36   Link #10046
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
I'm not a fan of Origami but..... gosh, volume 11 cover is awesome!!!

I think that this is going to be something similar to Steins;Gate, where Shidou saves Origami's parents but does not change the past. Shidou will probably encounter with little Origami and he will somehow give hope to her, thus the explanation to her current attachment to him.

I'm also hoping for more clues on Phantom's identity. I don't think Phantom is Reine, since Origami said that she had the voice of a young girl and Reine is a full grow up woman who's at least thirty years old. There's the matter of Reine not knowing what Shidou was and asking Kotori (vol1) why they were using Shidou to deal with spirits.

PS: The inverse form of Origami's poker faced bride spirit dress is a smiling widow? That's really ironic
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 11:13   Link #10047
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamuru View Post
Here's a bigger version of the cover:
Spoiler for Vol11:
Bigger cover? Image size small o.o;;
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 13:32   Link #10048
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
i wonder...since tobiichi is inversed, will we see a yandere tobiichi?, currently tobiichi is somewhat obsesive with shido, but still know some limit, will we now see the darker side of it...?
I don't think she is will be Yandere but her personality is instead going to revert back to that of a child.
Old 2014-09-11, 19:50   Link #10049
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I don't think she is will be Yandere but her personality is instead going to revert back to that of a child.
Such as back in the time when she wants to become his bride?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 20:04   Link #10050
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Such as back in the time when she wants to become a bride?
I feel that this little detail is why Shidou will need to capture her.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 20:09   Link #10051
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Bigger cover? Image size small o.o;;
Don't view it on a mobile device.
Old 2014-09-11, 20:44   Link #10052
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Such as back in the time when she wants to become his bride?
No actually at that time, she presumably hasn't met Shidou yet, her dream then was simply to become a cute bride without any specifications on who she wanted to marry.
Old 2014-09-12, 08:36   Link #10053
Triok123

the only way i can imagine shidou saving origami's parents is he getting hit by origami's attack (somehow pushing them apart)instead of her parent, get reduced to ash, then use kotori's power to revive an then proced to convince her parent to leave her side for X time. and say something nice to her to make her fall for him.
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 08:53   Link #10054
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Don't view it on a mobile device.
I am viewing it on a laptop... = =

His image comes up as 127px × 180px
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 09:00   Link #10055
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
the only way i can imagine shidou saving origami's parents is he getting hit by origami's attack (somehow pushing them apart)instead of her parent, get reduced to ash, then use kotori's power to revive an then proced to convince her parent to leave her side for X time. and say something nice to her to make her fall for him.
or he saved them by grabbing them and taking them to his time as a last resort to escape the blast.
Old 2014-09-12, 09:06   Link #10056
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
or he saved them by grabbing them and taking them to his time as a last resort to escape the blast.
And exactly how is he gonna bring her parents to his timeline? Doesn't that violate some law of physics?

I can't really think of anything aside from the notion that Origami's parents must die for the loop to be maintained. Since that seems to have been broken due to the fact that she seems to have gained a personality, confusion arises.

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 09:18   Link #10057
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
And exactly how is he gonna bring her parents to his timeline? Doesn't that violate some law of physics?

I can't really think of anything aside from the notion that Origami's parents must die for the loop to be maintained. Since that seems to have been broken due to the fact that she seems to have gained a personality, confusion arises.
Probably. Making them dormant state (suspended animation). Using Miku's power.

That's all.

End.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 09:27   Link #10058
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_maya View Post
Probably. Making them dormant state (sleeping). Using Miku's power.

That's all.

End.
How ? Miku's power only works as buff and mind-control to a certain degree. Unless, he told them to go in hiding for 10 years without contacting their daughter, which I doubt they will follow or he violated the law of physic and bring them to the future.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 09:30   Link #10059
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_maya View Post
Probably. Making them dormant state (suspended animation). Using Miku's power.

That's all.

End.
Yep. It violates something. I'm not sure what though, but anything from the past that gets transported to the future without any sign of aging, that's what's holding that theory.

Also, he can't use another spirit's power yet because he hasn't trained enough. Unless the author uses spirit powers as some sort of deus ex machina, he can't use them.

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 09:30   Link #10060
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Freeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
How ? Miku's power only works as buff and mind-control to a certain degree. Unless, he told them to go in hiding for 10 years without contacting their daughter, which I doubt they will follow or he violated the law of physic and bring them to the future.
Freeze. Them so they can undergo in suspended animation.

That's all.

End.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy