AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-24, 09:28   Link #41
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

an extra 50kb wont break someones internet usage, no such thing as dial up anymore
Old 2012-01-24, 09:43   Link #42
Reverzer0
Sleeping

maybe you don't have this bandwidth cap in your country when availing internet in some of your local networks like we have this for example 25mb only for 24hours.

edited: and what do you think about this one, 100kb for avatar and 50kb for signature? balance? supposedly 100kb is more prior for signature.

Last edited by Reverzer0; 2012-01-24 at 09:54.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:51   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverzer0 View Post
yes i'm against with 100kb for the sake of those who have slow internet and with bandwidth cap. not for my sake in the first place.
You can stop with this nonsense right now... you don't want to know how many examples of sheer stupidity have been in the past 6 months to prove how wrong the philosophy of "I speak for the people that are silent" is. The problem with that sort of thinking, and your statement there as well, is basically:
  • you're genaralizing to minorities -- who's to say they exist and even exist in enough number to even matter; and who's to say the kind of idiots who have a completely awful connection but can't be bothered to disable avatars/signatures exist? and who's to say we have to babysit them? So the forum has to suck because there are 2 idiots like that? briliant

• you're completely bypassing/ignoring the consequence of your statement; if all avatars and signature and images were disabled "for the sake of people with 10kb connection" do you think it would all be flowers and cheers? No it wouldn't! it would mess a lot with the forum. The "absolute values" are not the only values that keep people here. That's an exageration but it applies in pretty much the same severety even with minor changes

• you're putting words in other people's mouth to justify your own biased views, for which you couldn't give a damn about. CAN you prove to us those people even think like that? CAN you prove your statement has any truth to it? I think of those who have a problem with the current limit there's a pretty healthy number of us in here and representing our position and problem. Why should we have to fight your "invisible" idealistic non-phisical "majority" and their "spokespersons". If there's anyone who has a problem (and I mean they actually have a problem) then let them speak now, or speak later, or speak whenever...

• there's no logical basis in your argument and saying someone is stupid enough and in that position doesn't really fix that, just bypasses it. Like I mentioned eralier if you have connection bad enough that it would matter or circumstances that it would matter you SHOUNDN'T have them enabled anyway.

Also, regarding bandwidth. ALL BROWSERS have caching. You are not loading the images every time. Someone using a browser that doesn't use chaching is a fool! If you are browsing the forum a lot you are loading more document then images, and chances are you're browsing the same pages over and over (specifically series and discussions you like) so I doubt loading avatars is as big of an issue as people make it. It would have to be the first time seing everything on the page, and even then, it wouldn't matter since really you're not seing much. Heck modern connections load 1mb files like it's nothing, and here we are going all protective over 50kb protecting "those people who can't speak for themselvs (for years!)" who get internet though their sewer pipes and watch movies on floppy disks (sarcasm). For god sake, modern hardware barely even support the type of technology your defending anymore, and even 3rd world countries don't use that TYPE of technology anymore. Just get god damn better internet, you're being scammed if you're using that crap!
Old 2012-01-24, 10:14   Link #44
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
You can stop with this nonsense right now... you don't want to know how many examples of sheer stupidity have been in the past 6 months to prove how wrong the philosophy of "I speak for the people that are silent" is. The problem with that sort of thinking, and your statement there as well, is basically:
  • you're genaralizing to minorities -- who's to say they exist and even exist in enough number to even matter; and who's to say the kind of idiots who have a completely awful connection but can't be bothered to disable avatars/signatures exist? and who's to say we have to babysit them? So the forum has to suck because there are 2 idiots like that? briliant

• you're completely bypassing/ignoring the consequence of your statement; if all avatars and signature and images were disabled "for the sake of people with 10kb connection" do you think it would all be flowers and cheers? No it wouldn't! it would mess a lot with the forum. The "absolute values" are not the only values that keep people here. That's an exageration but it applies in pretty much the same severety even with minor changes

• you're putting words in other people's mouth to justify your own biased views, for which you couldn't give a damn about. CAN you prove to us those people even think like that? CAN you prove your statement has any truth to it? I think of those who have a problem with the current limit there's a pretty healthy number of us in here and representing our position and problem. Why should we have to fight your "invisible" idealistic non-phisical "majority" and their "spokespersons". If there's anyone who has a problem (and I mean they actually have a problem) then let them speak now, or speak later, or speak whenever...

• there's no logical basis in your argument and saying someone is stupid enough and in that position doesn't really fix that, just bypasses it. Like I mentioned eralier if you have connection bad enough that it would matter or circumstances that it would matter you SHOUNDN'T have them enabled anyway.

Also, regarding bandwidth. ALL BROWSERS have caching. You are not loading the images every time. Someone using a browser that doesn't use chaching is a fool! If you are browsing the forum a lot you are loading more document then images, and chances are you're browsing the same pages over and over (specifically series and discussions you like) so I doubt loading avatars is as big of an issue as people make it. It would have to be the first time seing everything on the page, and even then, it wouldn't matter since really you're not seing much. Heck modern connections load 1mb files like it's nothing, and here we are going all protective over 50kb protecting "those people who can't speak for themselvs (for years!)" who get internet though their sewer pipes and watch movies on floppy disks (sarcasm). For god sake, modern hardware barely even support the type of technology your defending anymore, and even 3rd world countries don't use that TYPE of technology anymore. Just get god damn better internet, you're being scammed if you're using that crap!
nonsense? probably yours! match it with the heart of the subject.
Old 2012-01-24, 10:30   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The heart of the subject at the moment is: EVERYONE here agrees it's bad

You're the one who has to come and tell us WHY we need to pay tribute to some imaginary 1kb/s royalty that never shows its face by giving them veto/priority rights on the issue over and over and over (since god knows this is not the first time this discussion was dereiled into their defense). Why should all the people posting in the thread not matter, but the royalty and their spoke person should! Since that's what your argument boils down to: everyone here should be ignored, because there is XXX

And if you got an actual answer to how "those" people even belong to this forum yet have a computer that runs on burning wood and internet connection so shady that it couldn't even handle browsing images, I sure as hell would like to hear it! Do connections that bad even run crappy streams anymore?
Old 2012-01-24, 11:09   Link #46
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

The discussion seem to be trending towards repetition and meta-argument, so I think I'll close the thread. If we decide to make configuration changes we'll let you know.
Closed Thread

Tags
avatar, avatar size, forum settings, profile picture, profile picture size