Tenzen12

...and I didn't quote you post
Old 2014-09-20, 13:08   Link #62
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
...and I didn't quote you post
Ah, sorry for misunderstanding.

And does anyone know how the story will continue? This way, Kyle is gaining reputation and influence, but I don't see how he's going to become stronger. I mean, in the end he still need to win a 1-on-1 fight again the demon lord instead of command troops to fight on his behalf, right?
Old 2014-09-20, 13:58   Link #63
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Theory Kyle = Demon lord is prety stupid, Only idiot would lock himself into infinite time-loop where he kills his loved one just to get killed by himself and repeat whole cycle again.

....Kyle is not idiot.

Not mention you would need another two loops which would make story too convulsive.
Some possibilities actually :

- Maou Kyle already did this countless time and got tired or twisted or feels that he no longer deserve to save his loved one, thus he transfered the gathered power to clueless Kyle
- Maou Kyle simply got too twisted in the end and

He's not an idiot but maybe just maybe the enemy he need to defeat was that much powerful he's forced to resort to this.

Of course it could be all wrong but it's really suspicious how Kyle was able to somehow beat the demon lord (he even admit that it was pure luck and he was on his deathbed after winning), somehow found the stone and somehow return to the past with it, at the right time too. Way too convenient.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 14:28   Link #64
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Ah, sorry for misunderstanding.

And does anyone know how the story will continue? This way, Kyle is gaining reputation and influence, but I don't see how he's going to become stronger. I mean, in the end he still need to win a 1-on-1 fight again the demon lord instead of command troops to fight on his behalf, right?
He in the end does not have to fully defeat the demon lord. Currently he is working on getting both stronger and creating the basis for humanity and other races to be able to face off against the demon invasion successfully.

He has to sort out the various problems that happened to prevent humanity from uniting.

If he can stop the demon invasion in it's tracks it is a whole new story.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 14:41   Link #65
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
Some possibilities actually :

- Maou Kyle already did this countless time and got tired or twisted or feels that he no longer deserve to save his loved one, thus he transfered the gathered power to clueless Kyle
- Maou Kyle simply got too twisted in the end and

He's not an idiot but maybe just maybe the enemy he need to defeat was that much powerful he's forced to resort to this.

Of course it could be all wrong but it's really suspicious how Kyle was able to somehow beat the demon lord (he even admit that it was pure luck and he was on his deathbed after winning), somehow found the stone and somehow return to the past with it, at the right time too. Way too convenient.
-That's exactly why it's BS, Not becomming Maou = saving beloved ones.
-Assuming twisted doesn't involve retardation or amnesy it wouldn't work.
-Even if there is stronger enemy, there is no point to became Maou if he get killed by himself even before he can confront that enemy.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:46   Link #66
laon
Hantai

- This is why he's readying the reset switch, duh
- Think here with the assumption that he become Maou fully knowing the consequences and become twisted in the end
- What if he somehow transfer all the accumulated power he stored to the innocent clueless Kyle?
Old 2014-09-20, 14:50   Link #67
Tenzen12

- killing humans is FUEL for reset, you are putting cart before horse hear.
- Of course he does, he experienced it first hand.
- That simply doesn't metter.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:58   Link #68
laon
Hantai

- We don't know if he has other trick to gain power, we don't even know if he has resetted before
- uh what?
- what?
Old 2014-09-20, 15:06   Link #69
Tenzen12

- Nope If he had alternative source, he wouldn't have to attack mankind.
- He killed Maou, and rendered his plans to void. If he became Maou himself he would know what fate is prepared for him.
- It doesn't metter how much power Kyle get as long as he get imprisoned in infinite time loop.

Not mention Kyle would have to perform one loop while transfering his Phisical body before he could be same Maou he defeated. And if he were spiritual transfer would be obsolete by that point.

Well, if you unless you come with sound argument, I will not answer from now.
Old 2014-09-23, 08:54   Link #70
laon
Hantai

- Why does having alternative source mean it's enough?
- I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
- It DOES matter, if Maou Kyle think he has accumulated enough power and think he's already too tainted to save people with that power he then transfer it to innocent Kyle.

Same here too, I don't understand what you're saying.

Here's a possible scenario (note possible, I'm not saying that this is absolutely true) :
- Kyle #1 face very strong foe that practically decimated the world, desperate he used the reset switch (by unknown mean got the power needed to use it) and resetted to prepare to fight that foe
- #1 attempt to fight the foe multiple time but always defeated, desperate he ultimately resort to reset again and become maou BEFORE that strong foe emerge and gain power
- #1 amassed enough power and performed multiple reset but feel that he's too twisted by that point that he let himself be killed and transfer all the power he has amassed to Kyle #65535
- or #1 simply gave up because he's too tired with all the killing and pass the baton to #65535

Now I might be totally off here but it's one of the few interpretation one can muster to explain the "good luck" of Kyle getting the fully charged Dragon Heart stone and "by chance" performed the ritual needed to reset.
Old 2014-09-23, 16:38   Link #71
GodTurtleOm

I don't see any way the Maou could be Kyle either, it just doesn't make sense. The Maou's whole goal is to conquer the human nations in order to have enough fuel (sacrificed people) to go back in time a few years. Kyle's whole goal is get humanity to the state where they can successfully fight off the demon invasion, preventing the deaths of the people he values. The goals are just too mutually exclusive. In addition, the mechanism by which Kyle traveled back in time does not grant a new body with which to become the Maou.

That said, I do wonder if they Maou might have completed the ritual successfully once or possibly even a few times, anymore than that seems unlikely, since depending on how far back it takes the Maou in time, he's either doubling his magic ability (jumps to a point past the start of his most recent loop) or adding his current ability to his base (jumping to a point before the start of his first loop). The Maou was powerful, but they were still able to defeat him with their suicide squad, so I don't think he managed it tens of times.

I think the Maou's goal for time travel is related to his own regrets/failures, which are not Kyle's. Maybe he suffered a loss earlier in his campaign to become the ruler. It would be interesting if the Maou's regrets were 10 years or so back in time, to before the point that could be achieved even by sacrificing all of demon and humankind to complete the ritual.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 22:08   Link #72
bludvein

Just started this and I've got a question. Why does Kail seem so certain history would repeat if he now has the God Dragon's Heart? Trying to confirm if it duplicated and still exists on the demon continent would seem to be a priority, and it would actually be plausible to track down unlike the future demon king. If it does exist, he could steal it and render the whole invasion pointless since the time travel would be impossible.

I like the concept, but Kail isn't even considering how to avoid the war in the first place. Unless I'm just not far enough into it?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 22:14   Link #73
laon
Hantai

^ I think the invasion will happen regardless, or at least that's what Kyle is thinking. We don't know Maou's true goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
I don't see any way the Maou could be Kyle either, it just doesn't make sense. The Maou's whole goal is to conquer the human nations in order to have enough fuel (sacrificed people) to go back in time a few years. Kyle's whole goal is get humanity to the state where they can successfully fight off the demon invasion, preventing the deaths of the people he values. The goals are just too mutually exclusive. In addition, the mechanism by which Kyle traveled back in time does not grant a new body with which to become the Maou.
That beg question, why would the Maou even be interested with Dragon Heart Stone And even prepared the spell to go back in time?

We have never seen the body of maou, he could be fully human under all those hood.

Quote:
That said, I do wonder if they Maou might have completed the ritual successfully once or possibly even a few times, anymore than that seems unlikely, since depending on how far back it takes the Maou in time, he's either doubling his magic ability (jumps to a point past the start of his most recent loop) or adding his current ability to his base (jumping to a point before the start of his first loop). The Maou was powerful, but they were still able to defeat him with their suicide squad, so I don't think he managed it tens of times.
Kyle said that it's pretty much all luck for him to defeat the Maou, I think it's way too suspicious that he got caught up on the transfer spell so conveniently like on first chapter.

Quote:
I think the Maou's goal for time travel is related to his own regrets/failures, which are not Kyle's. Maybe he suffered a loss earlier in his campaign to become the ruler. It would be interesting if the Maou's regrets were 10 years or so back in time, to before the point that could be achieved even by sacrificing all of demon and humankind to complete the ritual.
That doesn't explain why he set the transfer ritual ready when he was being invaded though, and why couldn't he just use it himself when he know he was in danger. I mean he spent all those years genociding the whole continent to gather the fuel and he just let it lie around near the battle site and even prepare it on ready-to-reset state that anyone touching it will get their 2nd chance in life sooo conveniently? Okay.

Now it's all could be coincidence, yes, but that'd make it cheap for me. At least I suspect he's someone who knows Kyle if not himself or have certain goal by sending him back in time.
Old 2014-09-23, 22:29   Link #74
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Just started this and I've got a question. Why does Kail seem so certain history would repeat if he now has the God Dragon's Heart? Trying to confirm if it duplicated and still exists on the demon continent would seem to be a priority, and it would actually be plausible to track down unlike the demon king. If it does exist, he could steal it and render the whole invasion pointless since the time travel would be impossible.

I like the concept, but Kail isn't even considering how to avoid the war in the first place.
Kail is sure of it because it's completely identical to his world. His conclusion was the same thing will happen if he didn't do something about it.

Isn't the other 'Heart' with the Demon Lord. He cannot confirm it without going into demon territory and going to Demon Lords place. It means a 99% chance of meeting the guy, which would make the chance of redoing things pointless since he would get slaughtered. I mean isn't the Demon Lord guarding the 'Heart' inside his place? BTW wasn't it already confirmed by the magic king and Kail during their talk that there is indeed two 'Hearts' at the current timeline/world.

Can Kail really prevent the war if it's the Demons who initiated the attack? It's out of his control is it not? Even the Magic King himself said that:

"If we don't do anything, "The Great Invasion" is practically guaranteed to occur again"
BigNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 22:43   Link #75
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNobody View Post
Isn't the other 'Heart' with the Demon Lord. He cannot confirm it without going into demon territory and going to Demon Lords place. It means a 99% chance of meeting the guy, which would make the chance of redoing things pointless since he would get slaughtered. I mean isn't the Demon Lord guarding the 'Heart' inside his place? BTW wasn't it already confirmed by the magic king and Kail during their talk that there is indeed two 'Hearts' at the current timeline/world.

Can Kail really prevent the war if it's the Demons who initiated the attack? It's out of his control is it not? Even the Magic King himself said that:

"If we don't do anything, "The Great Invasion" is practically guaranteed to occur again"
I've only read the translated stuff for now, but the future demon king shouldn't have even taken office yet. One of the first things Kail considers is tracking him down and assassinating him before he becomes the demon king, but writes it off as implausible since he only has an appearance to go off. The Heart should be kind of famous though. Finding out whether its even plausible to get at would make a lot of sense, since the reason for the invasion seems to be the demon king harvesting mana for a do-over of something.

Even the best defense would cost massive casualties. It seems to me that it should be the back-up plan.
Old 2014-09-23, 23:02   Link #76
Iamis

People do know of the Heart, the problem is that No one knows where the hell the Heart actually is until the demon king gets it, trying to find the heart is like searching for a single needle in a mountain sized haystack

Yeah there will still be a massive amount of casualties with a defense plan but no where near the 50% of all humanoids dead
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 23:43   Link #77
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

From human perspective, the red gem was long lost and vanished from history 1000 years ago, the idea of just "searching for it" goes beyond stretching it.

The main reason of why the humans were losing that badly, it's because each nation just couldn't honestly ally with each other; they had the idea of creating a coallition, but failed due to stupid pride. Is obvious that Kyle's every action so far is aiming to the creation of a coallition, with him as the hero giving out the warnings beore hand; and this is obivously something that he decided before the start of the travel (he even discussed it with that blonde perv).
Old 2014-09-23, 23:54   Link #78
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
From human perspective, the red gem was long lost and vanished from history 1000 years ago, the idea of just "searching for it" goes beyond stretching it.
For others that would be true, but Kail now knows that the demons must've had it. It's possible that the demon king found it later, but it seems more likely that their race had it for a long time and just didn't spread that information.
Old 2014-09-24, 00:05   Link #79
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
For others that would be true, but Kail now knows that the demons must've had it. It's possible that the demon king found it later, but it seems more likely that their race had it for a long time and just didn't spread that information.
But WHY? I mean, for something rare like that, it's going to be very well hidden. And since it was lost 1000 years ago, how many people would even know that it exist, let alone knows about one? So he'll spend 3 years looking for it in vain while the war starts up once more, which goes against his plan.

Better shores up the fighting the power of the human side for them to actually stand a chance first before trying to find that Heart.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 00:13   Link #80
Iamis

It is simply a matter of practicality It would be much simpler to Get the humanoids to work together and beat back the demons then to try and find the Divine Dragon Heart before the Demon king gets it.

Worst Case Scenario is that the Demon king Already has it and is already preparing for war, in this case Kail will have to Kill him to stop the war and that is currently impossible for him, hell even killing him might not stop the war and it might just enrage the demons and they will attack anyway

Yeah there will be Causalities But that is war, people WILL die no matter what you do, Better a few hundred thousand then 50% of all humanoids

Last edited by Iamis; 2014-09-24 at 00:27.
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demons, fantasy, harem, shonen, webnovel