AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-09-21, 07:14   Link #501
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Chapter 40 is out with Viz edition, and fuck, and hate Vegeta's speech in the chapter
Old 2018-09-21, 08:49   Link #502
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm a bit disappointed with Goku's Ultra Instinct Sign ending so soon in the manga.

About mortal levels. I'm pretty sure we did get an explanation in the anime. I guess it either wasn't a good enough explanation and/or not memorable enough. They factor in how much development and intelligence there is in a universe, as well as how strong the mortals are. But the former one is more important. Recall that after hearing the explanation, Beerus scolded Goku for being dumb. Then Beerus got scolded for not doing his job properly and letting Freeza do as he pleased. Freeza destroying all of those planets also hurt Universe 7's mortal level, but the fact that only Earth has the strongest fighters also hurts it. Other universes have strong fighters spread across multiple universes and the universes exempt from the tournament have very advanced civilizations as well.
Old 2018-09-21, 09:20   Link #503
alex_drian

I feel nothing.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 16:14   Link #504
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
Chapter 40 is out with Viz edition, and fuck, and hate Vegeta's speech in the chapter
Same here. Felt like complete character regression.

Toppo and Dyspo being stuck on a rock was just hilarious. Kid Goku could have easily jumped that distance back in the first volumes of DB. If they were really that weakened, there was no point in them getting back to the arena.

17's sacrifice was so bad too. It accomplished absolutely nothing and the only one who cared was Krillin.
Old 2018-09-21, 18:34   Link #505
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I feel nothing.
Same here. 17's sacrifice lacked any impact and Vegeta's speech relied on a baseless assumption.
Old 2018-09-21, 20:02   Link #506
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It seems Toyotaro wants to finish this arc now. The stamina recovery keeps coming across as a plot armor.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 04:05   Link #507
n0m@n
C-Z

Hoping this arc would finish in the next chapter or so. Then he can give us a chapter for the Broly arc before the films comes out lol.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 09:23   Link #508
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

With the speed of what going on, Goku will give more speech before turning into Mastered UI. Seriously Anime Goku need a spirit bomb exploded right at his face, got beaten like ant before turning into UI Sign. Manga Goku just need some speech, and he is fucking talkative when in UI Sign
Old 2018-09-22, 16:18   Link #509
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And he can also go into Ultra Instinct Sign at will.

Is the page where Goku goes into Ultra Instinct Sign again the last page of the chapter?
Old 2018-09-22, 18:55   Link #510
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
And he can also go into Ultra Instinct Sign at will.

Is the page where Goku goes into Ultra Instinct Sign again the last page of the chapter?
The last page is Jiren buffing up to fight Goku.
Old 2018-09-23, 09:44   Link #511
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The last two pages on Viz. Goku going Ultra Instinct Sign again and Jiren buffing up to fight him. Right?
Old 2018-09-23, 10:49   Link #512
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
The last two pages on Viz. Goku going Ultra Instinct Sign again and Jiren buffing up to fight him. Right?
Yeah, that's it.
Old 2018-10-20, 12:24   Link #513
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Is it me or Vegeta keeps going full hypocrite? He used to say Saiyans fight alone because of pride but now he is teaming up with Goku. The way he is taunting Jiren is even worse considering everybody already revived somebody in the past and Vegeta's dialogue is used to make the enemy upset. It's like the writers hate Jiren so they made him an cliche bad guy. He only lacks a moustache.
Old 2018-10-20, 12:31   Link #514
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think Jiren is a cliché bad guy, or even a bad guy at all, but his motivation does suck here. Makes him really lame.

The fight was pretty mediocre considering it was supposed to be the big fight of the arc.
Old 2018-10-20, 13:07   Link #515
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Is it me or Vegeta keeps going full hypocrite? He used to say Saiyans fight alone because of pride but now he is teaming up with Goku.
When the stakes are high enough he's willing to forget his pride and join forces, like when he fused and now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think Jiren is a cliché bad guy, or even a bad guy at all, but his motivation does suck here. Makes him really lame.
At least there was one. What was Jiren's wish in the anime anyways?
Old 2018-10-20, 13:45   Link #516
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
At least there was one. What was Jiren's wish in the anime anyways?
We never found out. Maybe it was the same wish, but obviously not for the same reason. Anime and manga Jiren ended believing in the same thing by the time of the TOP, but anime Jiren didn't start out that way. No reason for his master not to approve of him there.
Old 2018-10-21, 18:02   Link #517
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Wasn't anime Jiren the type that would throw aside his comrades because they were "useless"? Or am I getting mixed up between the manga and anime?

On a slightly unrelated note, the manga had Goku go into perfected Ultra Instinct (with the silver hair) a lot sooner. And then it wore off in the same chapter, too.
Old 2018-10-21, 18:17   Link #518
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Wasn't anime Jiren the type that would throw aside his comrades because they were "useless"? Or am I getting mixed up between the manga and anime?
It was in the manga (he refused to help Toppo and Dyspo and let them drop out), and probably also the anime. He has the same mindset in both the manga and the anime, the difference is that the anime provided a reason for it whereas the manga implies he's always been that way.

When he first showed up in the manga I had good hopes he would be a better character there, but he ended up being pretty much the same.
Old 2018-10-22, 08:26   Link #519
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was in the manga (he refused to help Toppo and Dyspo and let them drop out), and probably also the anime. He has the same mindset in both the manga and the anime, the difference is that the anime provided a reason for it whereas the manga implies he's always been that way.

When he first showed up in the manga I had good hopes he would be a better character there, but he ended up being pretty much the same.
At least anime doesn't give you the wrong impression. You straight away knew that Jiren is a cold stoic character at his first debut while the manga made him a "heroic" at his first introduction and now it kinda clashed in the manga.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 18:02   Link #520
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The more I look into it, the more Jiren decays as a villain. It's like Tori and Toei noticed the original audience liked the character for his seriousness and respects towards his enemies and the fact that he easily defeats Goku multiple times. Then they had to make him angry so that fans would root for Goku. Just seeing the vids about the Dragon Ball villains in Youtube makes me think that everybody hates Jiren which sounds reasonable after how the character changed in less than 2 hours. Even the whole justice ideals thing are forgotten. Just compare Jiren with previous villains.

Tags
donkan mc