AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-17, 15:18   Link #1321
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, Ruvixur, Rounds members really aren't privy to strategical deployments or courses of action during battle.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 15:19   Link #1322
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well, Ruvixur, Rounds members really aren't privy to strategical deployments or courses of action during battle.
Plot device!
But they can think a little before heading against SEITEN, can't they?
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 15:22   Link #1323
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Sorry, but SEITEN (and Albion to add to it) is a god Frame. Kallen could probably just own Monica and Nonette (since I feel that Anya will live through the whole show and Gino still has to get his new wings) without even trying.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:26   Link #1324
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Sorry, but SEITEN (and Albion to add to it) is a god Frame. Kallen could probably just own Monica and Nonette (since I feel that Anya will live through the whole show and Gino still has to get his new wings) without even trying.
No, it's not god. It's not that hard to destroy it using brains. But who uses brains in super robot anime?
Besides, why not to give some awesome technology to others?
Old 2008-08-17, 15:28   Link #1325
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

She could fry them from a mile away with the Slash Harken Beam Hand of Death. The only thing that's dropping the Guren is the Albion or the Emperor's Ragnarok, probably the latter.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:29   Link #1326
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Because it's always the other side that gets the short end of the stick. And with R2, brute force has taken precedence over taking down enemies with strategy. It's not as if Monica and Nonette can have magical counter tech to a rocket Harken radiation arm, radiation destructo-discs, speed only rivalled by the Albion presumably, and a 'pinball mode'.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:32   Link #1327
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Because it's always the other side that gets the short end of the stick. And with R2, brute force has taken precedence over taking down enemies with strategy. It's not as if Monica and Nonette can have magical counter tech to a rocket Harken radiation arm, radiation destructo-discs, speed only rivalled by the Albion presumably, and a 'pinball mode'.
Rocket harken radiation arm is a fail. I mean, isn't it obvious that you cut that thing off? Those guys are hopeless. Just cut it off and Guren loses it's main weapon.
And pinball mode will not work against enemy who is prepared for it.
Besides, Nonnette is knows for being Cornelia's only person she fears, so that will give her instant bonus against any enemy.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:35   Link #1328
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Yes, but this is Kallen. Killer of a Rounds, and she could have killed Anya and Gino way, WAY back in Turn 6, and she almost killed Suzaku in Turn 18. Now, say she did do all that, as an example, AU thing, whatever. That's four Rounds dead. If the Rounds were up against a pilot that could do that all by themselves, they'd have no chance in hell of winning.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:41   Link #1329
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Yes, but this is Kallen. Killer of a Rounds, and she could have killed Anya and Gino way, WAY back in Turn 6, and she almost killed Suzaku in Turn 18. Now, say she did do all that, as an example, AU thing, whatever. That's four Rounds dead. If the Rounds were up against a pilot that could do that all by themselves, they'd have no chance in hell of winning.
Turn 6 was basically premier show for Guren, so you can't count that in super robot show.
And yeah she could have killed Suzaku...If she used brain, not just slice him.
Kallen is the one using who isn't "intelligent pilot" ( her debut with Guren in S1 for instance). So she can easily be out-witted by those, who gained their status through real work.

And mind my words, Gino will cause Guren's defeat in the end.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:42   Link #1330
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Ok, we'll mind them, that way we can quote them when Gino gets his ass kicked.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:43   Link #1331
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Tristan taking down a god-Frame?

Not happening.

And Monica and Nonette, experience aside, will probably be the next to face the SEITEN's wrath. Evidenced by their lack of (Nonette, none whatsoever) screentime.

Also, why did Kallen need to use her brain to take down a Frame vastly inferior to hers? You saw what happened, she butchered the Conquista and Suzaku, she didn't need to act like Zero and use complex plans. She would have speared him were it not for the 'Live!' command.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:46   Link #1332
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Ok, we'll mind them, that way we can quote them when Gino gets his ass kicked.
Yes, first he will get his ass-kicked. However , he will cause the defeat of Guren ( take out most of it's power, for instance). Mark my works.

So what I mean, you can quote my words if by the end of Code Geass ( episode 25), Gino will not cause Guren's defeat.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:48   Link #1333
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Uh...I'm sure Lloyd and Cecile made sure that it had a fitting energy filler. In that it probably won't run out. It's clear that the SEITEN will pretty much rape the Tristan (or maybe the Albion will, but Suzaku, last time he was enraged, was able to tell friend from foe), and Gino will join Lelouch's faction for whatever reason and get his new wings.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:51   Link #1334
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Yes, first he will get his ass-kicked. However , he will cause the defeat of Guren ( take out most of it's power, for instance). Mark my works.

So what I mean, you can quote my words if by the end of Code Geass ( episode 25), Gino will not cause Guren's defeat.
How is he going to take out most of its power? He can't outrun it and he can't outfight it. He's going to get beaten quickly. He is not going to cause any significant problems.
Old 2008-08-17, 15:51   Link #1335
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster Moron View Post
I was wondering, what's the point of introducing a new Tristan when it's nog on equal grounds as Lancelot Albion and Guren Seiten. It doesn't have Cecil's Energy Wing, so it probably wouldn't match either of those speed. Which is a pretty decisive factor if we look at the speed difference between the first flying Guren and the new Guren
More Tristan means more model kits

You are right though, Guren and Lance are the top tier knightmares without a doubt and the Tristan is a level below them. Even if it gets the X wings and dual swords it won't move it up a notch so I dunno if the upgrade makes much sense is this aspect.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 15:53   Link #1336
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Albion and SEITEN are the most powerful KMFs in history. Nothing except themselves and quite possibly Galahad can touch them.

Alas, it does look like Nonette and Monica are cannon fodder...sad, really.
Old 2008-08-17, 16:13   Link #1337
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah sadly for Gino the only way he can take down the Guren is to somehow sneak up on it and slap Freija to its back. Nothing against Gino its just the difference between the current Guren and the Tristan is just way too vast.
Old 2008-08-17, 16:15   Link #1338
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And there are Monica and Nonette...who I hoped would get decent battles. If Albion's with them when they face the SEITEN, they may have a chance. If not...
Old 2008-08-17, 19:00   Link #1339
PzIVf3

Vincent may possible have same performance as the SEITEN shown at the OP flying like a comet.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 19:03   Link #1340
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The Vincent isn't even a match for the Lancelot on which it is based, it can't match the SEITEN.

Tags
mecha