Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-24, 19:54   Link #1521
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Look at that battle armor... It looks a bit different from the manga... Or is it?

UWAH!!!

Spoiler for Spoiler to spoiler.:
So Toki has gone beyond the gundam hax list? I know Unicorn isn't finished yet, but wow, that is one hell of an accomplishment.

Sorry for the awful reminder, but how could I ignore that? T_T Ryuuka, please go to the play room and take your wife away from there!

And yes, I'm pretty sure the outfit is different, as in much more revealing in the anime, but it's ok, it definetly with the whole shounen vibe this bttle is giving.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:04   Link #1522
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
So Toki has gone beyond the gundam hax list? I know Unicorn isn't finished yet, but wow, that is one hell of an accomplishment.

Sorry for the awful reminder, but how could I ignore that? T_T Ryuuka, please go to the play room and take your wife away from there!

And yes, I'm pretty sure the outfit is different, as in much more revealing in the anime, but it's ok, it definetly with the whole shounen vibe this bttle is giving.
Ok... Just watched... 3 Turns Ahead looks like DBZ+ TRUE INNOVATOR(Setsuna).

YES PLEASE... DEATH FLAG TRIGGERED!

As for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

ACHIGA FLASHBACK キタ━━━( ´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)━━━!!!!, KURO POWERUP INC. Mama~~!!
TOKIIIIIIIII MAHJONG'S TOO DANGEROUS, JUST GO HOME AND MARRY RYOUKA
We should be seeing something that is not seen in the manga.
Also, dat Lockon falling style...... No wait... NO!!

I swear if She said: "Ryuuka... I..." for the next episode, I will cry...

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-25 at 09:22.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:06   Link #1523
Sol Falling

Toki is exceeding the limits of humanity...
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:14   Link #1524
Marina2

I hope Toki doesn't forget that this is just the Semi-final round. Right now, she plays it like this is the final round of world championship or something.....
Old 2012-06-24, 20:18   Link #1525
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I hope Toki doesn't forget that this is just the Semi-final round. Right now, she plays it like this is the final round of world championship or something.....
Considering her character, that might be how she views her current situation.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:20   Link #1526
The Green One

Now the question just remains how will episodes 13-15 be aired.... Hopefully still weekly, it'd be awfully weird to cut out in midmatch. Though from the looks of things a trip to the hospital might be needed for poor Toki I don't think she'll have enough strength left to walk under her own power after this.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:22   Link #1527
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Though from the looks of things a trip to the hospital might be needed for poor Toki I don't think she'll have enough strength left to walk under her own power after this.
Whatever happens after this I think Toki's run at the Nationals is over, as she's likely going to be spending time in the clinic or worse, at the hospital for while. And where Toki goes, Ryuuka will obviously be. Too bad Senriyama, but it looks like that things won't go your way this year.

As for the extra episodes, no one really knows, but manga followers are assuming that they'll be released as bonuses for each subsequent Achiga-hen chapter, just to ensure that the series doesn't overtake the manga THAT much. We'll see if that pans out as expected though.

And for other stuff... I think the world is literally conspiring against Nodoka even watching the matches of her friends (take note, Kirame is one of them). I have to wonder if she's even told her team (Hisa, Mako, etc.) that 3 members of the Achiga team are actually old classmates of hers, and another player at the table right now is her (and Yuuki's) sempai from middle school.
Old 2012-06-24, 20:26   Link #1528
Sumeragi
Banned

I believe plot armor dictates who gets into the finals.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:30   Link #1529
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I believe plot armor dictates who gets into the finals.
If only it was slightly less facedesk ensuing. I like Achiga but seriously.....

I do agree that Toki is undoubtedly finished after this, she wouldn't be able to manage another game against Teru in the finals and the impact on Senriyama's morale is probably going to be horrendous after Toki collapses.
Old 2012-06-24, 20:34   Link #1530
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

Toki is exceeding the limits of humanity...
http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...card,_2370.jpg

Keep it steady, as she goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2
I hope Toki doesn't forget that this is just the Semi-final round. Right now, she plays it like this is the final round of world championship or something..
Barring survival, Toki will get plenty of recovery time...

Spoiler:

If you want to take it several steps further -- go ahead. XD

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-06-24 at 20:37. Reason: Made unnecessary image a link
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:35   Link #1531
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Now the question just remains how will episodes 13-15 be aired.... Hopefully still weekly, it'd be awfully weird to cut out in midmatch.
It won't be weekly. The TV airing ends next week with Episode 12. The three extra episodes will probably be streamed online at some point and included on the Blu-Rays/DVDs down the road.
Old 2012-06-24, 20:35   Link #1532
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
If only it was slightly less facedesk ensuing. I like Achiga but seriously.....

I do agree that Toki is undoubtedly finished after this, she wouldn't be able to manage another game against Teru in the finals and the impact on Senriyama's morale is probably going to be horrendous after Toki collapses.
Seriously, how could they even continue playing after this, especially Ryuuka? I mean, sure, Toki's pain and sacrifice should not be thrown away just like that, but how could they possibly expect her to go through this ordeal again in the finals? Ryuuka better punches whoever suggests that in the face (if someone does) or she'll be the worst wife ever.

About the achiga passing issue, I will hold judgement until seeing what Arata pulls, and most importantly, Shizu's round.

Considering this will be her first time going against a monster to win, her never give up attitude, the fact Nodoka could be watching and with Ryuuka in the table, I expect something worthy of having this as BGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7aUT13qtM

Don't let me down Shizu, please!
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:35   Link #1533
custardpie

That was an intense episode. I wonder what Saki's dark looks mean. I mean, it obviously has to do with not wanting to watch Teru play, but she seems darker than usual.

The little Senriyama touches were nice - I didn't really like Senriyama in the manga, but now that everything's fleshed out in the anime, I've started to really care for the characters. Especially Ryuuka. I didn't know her breasts were so round and squishy....

And there was that bit we were all waiting for - the Shindouji flashback. I found this part rather odd, though. I'm curious as to how our three characters are faring against Teru compared to other players.

Since Shiraitodai switched player positions this year, it's probably Teru's first time playing in the vanguard position. The only information we have as to how she did as vanguard is the West Tokyo prefectural match. Since Awai finished that match, and Shiraitodai's other members furthered Teru's lead, not only did Teru not finish off any of the players, but she also left some room/points for the other Shiraitodai members to further.

What I mean is that in spite of everything, Toki/Kirame/Kuro seem to be doing worse against Teru than the West Tokyo prefectural vanguards. Since Kirame, who isn't even among the top five, was placed as vanguard in fear of a school going down to zero, Shindouji seems to actually fear that possibility. But since none of the West Tokyo schools faced that fate, I wonder if some of the West Tokyo schools are stronger than the semifinalists.

This is even more puzzling since some of the information we've been given indicates that Toki/Kirame/Kuro are actually lucky in some respects.

1. Teru as first dealer in first hanchan. One of the announcers said that "this was a waste". Teru is showing only 3/4 of her power here.

2. Kuro gathering all the doras, making it easier to read Teru's hands and more difficult for Teru to strike higher-valued hands.

Yet they seem to be doing worse than the West Tokyo people. Here are some possible reasons:

1. Kirame doesn't go under zero, but in terms of pure mahjong skills she is worse than other vanguards, who are usually aces. Kirame isn't even among the top five of Shindouji.

2. Kuro is psychologically numb and cannot do much.

3. Toki lost her ability to "see" for a while. But this isn't a reason for the players as a whole to do worse - Toki used "double" as well after all.

Anyhow, in the end they may do better than the West Tokyo prefectural schools - it's kind of apparent that Kuro will have a great mama flashback and come back with a giant dora-laden hand or something. (If not....) Still, it's kind of odd that we're in the semi-finals and yet they're fearing something that hasn't happened in the prefecturals. Also, the way the episodes are proceeding, there is still the possibility that the match will end early, leaving some episodes for closure. This will mean that we won't get to see Awai in the semi-finals.
custardpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:44   Link #1534
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardpie View Post
Yet they seem to be doing worse than the West Tokyo people. Here are some possible reasons:
The West Tokyo final ended with Awai walking away, with the other 3 "captain" players face down on the table. This means: those teams survived Teru's onslaught as well.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:46   Link #1535
custardpie

Exactly. They survived Teru + there were enough points left for Shiraitodai to gain. The West Tokyo guys didn't have Toki/Kirame/Kuro's advantages. They were in the prefecturals, whereas this is the semifinals. Yet they seem to have fared better than Toki/Kirame/Kuro is what I'm saying.
Old 2012-06-24, 20:53   Link #1536
Sumeragi
Banned

About the West Tokyo matches: Could it be Teru wasn't as forceful in those prefectural matches as she is in the nationals? That's how I'm seeing the situation: Teru (and by extension Shiraitodai) went easy so that their later players can have a chance to actually do something.
Old 2012-06-24, 20:54   Link #1537
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Sumeragi: You know, that implanted an image in my head of Sumire telling Teru not to finish off their opponents each and every time, or else she won't get any "personal" time with her in their room. Ooh. Two birds with one stone, yes?
Old 2012-06-24, 20:55   Link #1538
custardpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Sumeragi: You know, that implanted an image in my head of Sumire telling Teru not to finish off their opponents each and every time, or else she won't get any "personal" time with her. Ooh. Two birds with one stone, yes?
That reinforces the yakuza image of Sumeragi that I already have in my head
Old 2012-06-24, 20:56   Link #1539
The Green One

Hmmm it'd be a pity if we had to wait for the episodes, but at least the manga chapters are decent length, unlike a certain other series.....

Part of me wants to see Toki collapse just to watch her teammate's reactions, will they fall into despair and be too distressed to play properly, or will they fight more fiercely then ever to avenge her? Should be interesting.

Both Kirame and Toki have had a chance to stop Teru once....lets see if Kuro can finally find the will to fight back. Cmon Kuro you're supposed to be a main character, use the power of flashback to pull out a big win! The Vanguard match clearly has to end next chapter, if there's going to be a delay in between episodes nothing else would make sense....
Old 2012-06-24, 20:58   Link #1540
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Sumeragi: You know, that implanted an image in my head of Sumire telling Teru not to finish off their opponents each and every time, or else she won't get any "personal" time with her in their room. Ooh. Two birds with one stone, yes?
Exactly what I'm talking about.

As much as it would be nice for Teru to just crush everything in her path, the clan..... I mean school..... needs to be able to anticipate possible challenges in the later part of the matches. For this it's best to let the vanguard leave room for the other players to try and do their own thing. If the protector of the gate never lets anyone into the inner walls, then those within the inner walls will never get the true experience necessary to develop. Group mahjong is as much about the team as it is about the individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardpie View Post
That reinforces the yakuza image of Sumeragi that I already have in my head
What kind of image did you have? I'm curious.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri