Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-07-22, 00:19   Link #41
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
does it even help that in this cn comic genre, they all keep using memes? lol
I'm quite a bit biased against manhwa, but I think nothing really helps the Cn comic genre ...

As for the series itself, as said, it's pretty lighthearted. The amount of random jokes, sexual innuendos (or flat-out mentions of sex and rape), funny bullying and other stuff that makes you laugh is almost more than depictions of gore and cruelty, that you'd actually expect from a zombie apocalypse series.
Chinese tend to mix together everything, and are less pragmatic with tag and genre usage, at least, that's what I found. I'm no longer looking for logic, I'm just enjoying the show. I mean, when I try to rationalise more than necessary (the plothole game, for example), I often end up defeating myself and feeling bad about it, so I stress suspension of disbelief, and just half-forcedly immerse myself.

I don't want to end up like the Novelupdates review asshats reading random Jp ecchi light novels, and expecting Hermann Hesse, whining and moaning like retards but never realising they're in the wrong department.

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-23, 13:15   Link #42
dragon1412

It rather less of a genre issues, but more like CN novels tend to be more loose with it world settings, I have seen a lot of CN novels where stuff happen that clearly contradicts the logic stated 1-200 chapters earlier. It is alot more apparent in some case with cultivation novels, where the logic is stated only to have MC overcame to signify MC is special,

Cultivation aside, loose world settings is really apparents in most CN novels, and sometimes I found author actually contradicting events itself. This is stuff that i rarely found on KR or JP novels, the example of loose settings in there exists, but rarely ever they outright contradicting it or let MC breaking it.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-26, 00:42   Link #43
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
It rather less of a genre issues, but more like CN novels tend to be more loose with it world settings, I have seen a lot of CN novels where stuff happen that clearly contradicts the logic stated 1-200 chapters earlier. It is alot more apparent in some case with cultivation novels, where the logic is stated only to have MC overcame to signify MC is special,

Cultivation aside, loose world settings is really apparents in most CN novels, and sometimes I found author actually contradicting events itself. This is stuff that i rarely found on KR or JP novels, the example of loose settings in there exists, but rarely ever they outright contradicting it or let MC breaking it.
That's most likely due to the specifics of writing. Chinese authors have obligations to churn out a set number of chapters in a set amount of time, and although I never heard anything about total numbers either, I'm not so sure there's none. They also work pretty fast for novelists, except some strictly special cases (Snail's Tales of Demons and Gods is one such example, where the author has beef with the publisher, so he's deliberately doing minimum work, or something to that effect). Even MGIAZ has like, what, 1400 chapters? Some more lengthy ones like Emperor's Domination IIRC has more than 3000 chapters. If things tend to drag, but not episodic (think Conan), you can easily lose sight of more and more slight details.
On that end, Japanese also have times they lose sight of things, even though their series are way shorter. I think that story-wise, the ideal length may be 250-350 chapters at most, like ToyCar's stories (that's why I love his novels - the usual Korean nepotism and its antithesis in the same novel aside, he balances story, humour, and world building according to my tastes).

In the end, most Chinese novels go for impact, I think. Lots of people dislike Ram de Night f.e., mostly because of his blatant sinocentrism (many call it borderline racism, but I don't think it is specifically racism, just good ol' "I'm the hottest shit this world has ever carried"), but I like his stories, because the MC is pretty cool most of the time, and poetic justice lands on those that deserve it. Also, I don't give a fuck about nations (including mine), so I'm not bothered by the China beautification project either. I also like Ruqing Rusu's Shoujo Grand Summoning (strictly - don't like his other works), where people cry plot armor all of the time, where I think that the anime he fanfics need exactly the kind of Deus ex Machina that the System is. I'm a fan of happy ends, and hate everything tragedy, so I enjoy it. Also, the way people hate how original JP novels' plot is changed, which is stupid - it's a dungeon crawler fanfic where anime worlds are the dungeons, of course the plot will change. (And the alleged NTR from JP MCs, but there's really none. I really can't understand people whining on that.) And what I see - Yan swaggers into the plot, tells fok you to drama devices, snatches the clearly superior chicks (Hina from Hayate, and Mikoto from Index first) that the original dullard MCs dropped or left untended, and acts like a boss all around.

Oftentimes, JP novels aren't better either though - Spearmaster and Black Cat started out as a spunky MC spreading badassery everywhere, and in recent chapters, it's either mushy wuv yuh melodrama, or straight-out deek sucking of MC 24/7 (I'm looking at you, Kaldo and Helme). Even then, I enjoy it, but damn, was it a 180. Or, look at Love Rape Complex, which had a marvelous dark setting with underworld chaos, revenge (done right for once) and quite descriptive, cruel sexual fantasies, and it's now the same wuv yuh melodrama, with mentioning the family (because we wuv each other so much, and placewebelong ourfamilyvstheworld etc.) at least ten times each chapter. It feels like describing the same shade of yellow for the fifteen-hundredth time. Again, I still feel enjoyment in that series.

MGIAZ is, in the end, the same. If I wanted to, I'm sure I could find lots of plotholes and errors in world building, or contradictions, or such. But watching Ling Mo trying to run away from Li Yalin when she wants a bite, or rekting the AFC because they messed with the wrong loner is way more fun.

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 07:07   Link #44
dragon1412

TO be fair though, MGIAZ is on the higher end of the story in CN ranking, so It's pretty good by normal standard. It has it flaw, but MGIAZ don't contradict itself, not to obvious point anyway. Generally I found that they might breaking the very world buildings they create early on, despite it is already very bareboned.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-23, 12:24   Link #45
Drake17

harem members?
Drake17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mature, romance, true harem, zombie apocalypse