AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-23, 17:19   Link #1
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Who here hates Gaara?

I really hate him thats for sure. I mean hes no good at tai jutsu from what ive seen on the anime and he barely even moves. He just sits there and let his sand do the work and then he attacks with his desert coffin. Maybe if he were to transform into whatever it is he transforms into he would go on the offensive more. But even naruto who gets extra power from a demon who is sealed inside him goes and attacks and actually fights. Gaara just gets most of his power from the stupid sand priest inside of him and just shoots sand out at people. I know Gaara is one of the most powerful Genins but i still hate him.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 17:35   Link #2
Stickels
Just passing by

I used to hate him, then he crippled Lee.

Now he's my buddy.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 17:38   Link #3
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Thats no good reason. You don't have to like rock lee but he works so friggin hard. He has spirit and you have to like that. FOR SHAME
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 17:43   Link #4
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Gaara rocks. You don't know enough about him yet to make an accurate judgement about him. You don't even know about his past. >_<
Old 2004-02-23, 17:44   Link #5
FireIce Productions

I sure do!

I really hate Gaara. To me, he's just a stupid punk kid who controls sand. If he didn't have that, Rock Lee would've handed his ass to him, easily.

I doubt this will happen, but I sure hope that Sauske will take care of Gaara and friends in Ep 72, although, I still think it would be better if Lee had the chance, even though he doesn't seem like the vengeful type.
FireIce Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 17:48   Link #6
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireIce Productions
I really hate Gaara. To me, he's just a stupid punk kid who controls sand. If he didn't have that, Rock Lee would've handed his ass to him, easily.

I doubt this will happen, but I sure hope that Sauske will take care of Gaara and friends in Ep 72, although, I still think it would be better if Lee had the chance, even though he doesn't seem like the vengeful type.
I like Gaara. He has so much more potential for him in the anime. Not just some "Gaara Arc".

I want him to come back and finally cripple Lee so even Lee's eyebrows shall be shaven off!!
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 17:49   Link #7
wnkryo
HainShodan

I don't understand why people "hate" any anime characters. Dislike? yes. But hate? impossible. Unless your one of those wierd hate full peope...
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 18:02   Link #8
FireIce Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I like Gaara. He has so much more potential for him in the anime. Not just some "Gaara Arc".

I want him to come back and finally cripple Lee so even Lee's eyebrows shall be shaven off!!
lol! What's so wrong with Lee's eyebrows?
Old 2004-02-23, 18:06   Link #9
FireIce Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I don't understand why people "hate" any anime characters. Dislike? yes. But hate? impossible. Unless your one of those wierd hate full peope...
We do because we can. It does not necesarily mean that we are one of those weird hatefull people, it's just that once in a while a character will come out in an anime that is so well developed character wise, that you will either love him/her or hate him/her. So it's not really a bad thing to say that I or any one else hates Gaara, that just shows that whoever developed that character did a really good job.

However, I will say that I will wait to see if they explain his past, so that I may get a better understanding of his character, and hopefully appreciate it a little more.

But untill then...
Old 2004-02-23, 18:08   Link #10
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
There's something I don't get too, wnkryo-san.
Why people hate characters that don't even exist? Guess it's the stupid human nature

Anyways, I like Gaara. He's such a poor and tormented child. He's a great character to the story, without a doubt. But I don't have any strong feelings concerning him- if he's dead or alive, it's the same to me.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 18:23   Link #11
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireIce Productions
Garaa would have killed Lee if he didn't had the sand.Btw just wait couple of episodes and you will see Garaa.
Old 2004-02-23, 18:32   Link #12
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Gaaras moves are all gay, and personally I just do not like the way he looks.

If it wasn't for Kankuro and Temari he would be my least favorite character.

And as for you Vicious........ you contradict yourself by saying "why do people hate characters that don't exist" then saying " I like gaara".

Why do you LIKE a character that doesn't exist?

Just like to say that I hate plenty of anime characters, Kira,Asmaria, Everyone from Evangelion and Rahxephon and sooooo many others.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 18:38   Link #13
TheGreatYakoshi
The Baka Mangaka Returns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels
I used to hate him, then he crippled Lee.

Now he's my buddy.
Arrr...

At first, I didn't care at all about Gaara. "Eh, he's the powerful wild card-type." Yeah, he handed those Rain nin's asses back to them (what was left of them, anyway), but it takes more than that to get me to like a character.

Then, he crippled Lee.

Yeah, I admit, I hated him after that. He crushed an ambitious young loser's dream of becoming a strong ninja someday like it was nothing.

But it pays to know the entire story. After finding out what Gaara went through as a child, there's no way I could hate him. He was basically Naruto...just bloodthirsty and with less options on how to live his life. Do I like him though? Nah...but I wouldn't go and form a lynch mob to get him either.

*cough*

Why hate any fictional character? Because humans are emotional creatures. Just because something's not -real- doesn't mean we can't have an emotion about it.
TheGreatYakoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 18:45   Link #14
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
Hmm...that opens up the door for a lot of other bottom dwelling characters. Is Konohamaru and all his filler-ness cooler than the 3 fleeing Sand members? What about Tenten? Or Yoroi, or Zaku and Kin? Are they ALL lamer than Temari and Kankuro?

(For the record, Kankuro and Gaara are pretty lame. Gaara's got a huge forehead. And Kankuro needs to get out of his pajamas.)
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 18:47   Link #15
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
Gaaras moves are all gay, and personally I just do not like the way he looks.

And as for you Vicious........ you contradict yourself by saying "why do people hate characters that don't exist" then saying " I like gaara".

Why do you LIKE a character that doesn't exist?

Just like to say that I hate plenty of anime characters, Kira,Asmaria, Everyone from Evangelion and Rahxephon and sooooo many others.
Huh?
You missed my point, Hiko-san
I like him, but I don't love him. They're different things.
Like wnkryo-san said, there's people who like and dislike characters. That's me. But there's people who HATE characters, that don't stand them- that's not me, and I don't get this.

For me, I like Gaara. There's people who love him, who says WTF GAARA IS THE BEST DAMNIT. That's not me at all. I just like/dislike them, I find them cool or uncool.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 18:55   Link #16
Victim

I wouldn't form a lynch mob for Gaara either. That seems like a good way to die. Maybe I'd see about getting the Army or National Guard called in.

After reading the manga, I'd still call Gaara a psycho killer.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 19:14   Link #17
kitiara
ur local fox demon

Send a message via AIM to kitiara
Heres my reply. Everyone has their own opinion of characters. So don't diss other people's opinions.... but personally, I luv Gaara. Yes, he may be a killer, but he didn't want to have Shokaku bonded with him, and its not like Naruto at all. Gaara's is bonded, Naruto's is sealed. Also, when he was young, he tried to get people to like him, but the sand always got in the way. And Naruto would be as phycotic as Gaara if his father had been the one to seal the Kyuubi in him and then sent people to assassinate him.
kitiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 20:17   Link #18
Victim

The sand didn't get in the way. It was killing people. Gaara couldn't control it. How could the Sand leaders not attempt to deal with him; you wouldn't let a rabid animal roam free, would you?

Not to mention that I believe that at least one of the attacks was motivated by pity. Putting the poor kid out of his misery would have been worthwhile.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 20:28   Link #19
kitiara
ur local fox demon

Send a message via AIM to kitiara
no, the shield of sand was not controlled by him. the sand coffin and graveyard were... although when he was small, he was doing it accidentally by reaching out his hand
kitiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 20:28   Link #20
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Huh?
You missed my point, Hiko-san
I like him, but I don't love him. They're different things.
Like wnkryo-san said, there's people who like and dislike characters. That's me. But there's people who HATE characters, that don't stand them- that's not me, and I don't get this.

For me, I like Gaara. There's people who love him, who says WTF GAARA IS THE BEST DAMNIT. That's not me at all. I just like/dislike them, I find them cool or uncool.
Fair enough.

I would also like to mention that I despise Vash the Stampede.

Oh and btw Konohamaru is one of the best characters on Naruto, I get endless laughs from him and his stealth tactics.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote