AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-08-15, 12:24   Link #1
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Dragon Wars (D-War) 2007

Here is the trailer for this Korean base movie which looks awesome in my opinion, but I'll let you decide for yourselves:

http://moviesmovies.ign.com/movies/v...qthighwide.mov

Homepage:

http://www.d-war.com/
witchking99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 14:10   Link #2
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
reminds me of the start off of Reign of Fire :3
im a dragon / dino fan, but im worried about it being kind of cheesy with the only thing happening being big dino's with gun rampaging and the army shooting but who knows, i'll surely check it out, though the huge croc kinda suxored

youtube version, for those to lazy to install quicktime, like me
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 20:39   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Whoooo hoooo ^_^. Looks great, reminds me of Transformers. I can't wait for this one. I will love this just like that Series "Surface", an emergence of a new species.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 21:15   Link #4
onehp
Banned

Was this made in Korea? All the actors speak English
onehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 09:46   Link #5
Knightmare213

@onehp: Yes and no.

The production team, as well as the director (who was a famous and ledgendary comedian) are Koreans, but the movie itself was shot in Los Angeles (or somewhere else in the United States). However, despite massive financial success, many people who are around my age (from late teens to mid 20's), believe that the story was just to simple ("A piece of trash" I quote a friend of mine who saw the movie).

There is some good news, however. There were people who loved everything about the movie and talked about it for days!

Kids...they sometimes get easily impressed by CGI-made fireworks, don't they?

@Aoie_Emesai: I hope you don't get offended by my comments. I trust my friends' comment about movies and if they say I should never "touch the ticket stub" for that movie, I don't.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 10:16   Link #6
ImClueless
Rawr

So basically its the US version of Godzilla with "dragons" instead of a single Godzilla? They would have been better off making a Godzilla vs Mothra movie
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 10:21   Link #7
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

I know that trusting your friends is common sense but you should also learn to decide for yourself if a movie is good or not.No matter how much of a friend one can be, you can't let them decide for you.Although I agree with the comment that the story may be too simple, but who knows.Some movies with simple storylines have been good.I believe that critics comments are posted to give you an insight on the story plot of the movie, but I won't let them make the decision for me about watching the movie or not.Your friends may tell you to not watch a movie but if they tell you to jump off a cliff, would you?
witchking99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 12:04   Link #8
Knightmare213

@witchking99: Would I jump off a cliff if they told me too? Yes.

To be honest, why would I? If I made a mistake making a friend that tells me to jump off a cliff, I'd ask his/her sanity first (and no, I'd never jump off a cliff unless it was high enough for me to do initiate a BASE jump).

All sarcasms aside, yes, I know that I should have my own opinion. Since I'm in Korea right now, I could just take the bus to the nearest cinema and watch the movie. However, I should also confess that the D-War trailer that was released months ago failed to impress me. Additonally, my preferences to go watch the movie in a theatre largely depends on trailers themselves. When I watched the first trailer for the movie in question, the first words that came out of my mouth (in Korean), "Corny. Just corny."

@ImClueless: Already accomplished by Shim Hyung-rae (the director of D-War). He already had made a Korean version of "Godzilla vs. Mothra" in the past called Yonggari vs. Cyker.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 13:01   Link #9
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Korean movies need more movie like Taeguki, or some kind of movie base on Korean history. This movie seems somewhat interesting but story feels unoriginal.
Old 2007-08-16, 22:19   Link #10
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
So basically its the US version of Godzilla with "dragons" instead of a single Godzilla? They would have been better off making a Godzilla vs Mothra movie
First part yes, 2nd part no. Godzilla will still remain the greatest lizard of all time right after Nessy, but I think its useless unless they remove the man in the rubber suit, it's still gonna be boring. That's why the American made version of it was rather more interesting than the Japanese counterpart, IMO.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-08-17 at 01:03.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 22:33   Link #11
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Ancient vs. Modern eh? I've seen the trailers and it looks worth waiting. I thought that was Cloverfield at first
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote