AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-05-14, 17:08   Link #261
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
in my mind, Montreal has won the cup already...knock out the best team and then immediately eliminate the defending champion is insane...

Montreal probably can't even advance to the final, because of the tiredness factor, but what they have accomplished so far is already very impressive
Oh, for sure. Biggest surprise of the playoffs. When/if they lose, they have absolutely nothing to hang their heads about. I want them to win the cup though.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 22:11   Link #262
justavisitor

I also cheer for Montreal..but something tells me they are not likely to win the cup, hope I am wrong XD

wow, Philly comes back from 3-0 in the series and sends Boston golfing..what's happened to the Eastern conference?? Almost every series is a great upset!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 23:14   Link #263
wingman32x

Lol, a 7/8 Eastern conference final. See, this is why I love the NHL. It's so unpredictable. Congrats on the incredible comeback, flyers!!!
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 23:30   Link #264
hinakatbklyn

To think one shootout goal on the final day of the regular season got the flyers past the Rangers and into the conference finals. That is unpredictable. I admit that is also the reason I missed the playoffs.
Old 2010-05-15, 18:25   Link #265
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Top 2 seeds remain in the western conference while in the eastern conference its the bottom 2 that remain. Epic choke job by the bruins alright and as sorry as I feel for the B fans in Boston, their Celtics upsetted the mighty Lebron James and the Cavaliers. You can't win everything.

I'm leaning towards hawks winning it all myself. I just don't think the hot goaltending of Halak can ride them all the way to a cup win this year. I can see them in the finals for sure though
Karlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 22:13   Link #266
Nofear3838
Hainiryuun

6-0, wow....

Yeah, this series is over, IMO.
Nofear3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 02:57   Link #267
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Then again, Habs lost first game to the Pens as a shutout.

If there's anything we should've learned from the Habs (or even the Flyers for that matter), it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 03:57   Link #268
MkMiku

I kinda want to see the Habs in the Finals, but I have I feeling they will be crushed by either Chicago or San Jose.
Old 2010-05-19, 18:22   Link #269
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

I don't even know what's worse...

Coming back home to Montreal with not a positive thing to boast about or heading to Windy City having lost both your home games and where even just a split on the road still puts you at a great disadvantage for moving on.

Perhaps the Habs fanbase might help give their team the boost in confidence that they so desperately need though
Karlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 22:30   Link #270
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yep, Habs still fighting, no surprise there. Man, that was a stompdown this evening... so obvious that the Habs got underneath the Flyers's skin this time around.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 19:09   Link #271
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Blackhawks v Flyers starts on Sat for Lord Stanley's Cup. Im going with the Hawks, but not cuz of their great goaltending, their defense or their powerful first line. Basing my pick soley on Toews not touching the Conference Championship tropy, which Richardson did. And we all know what normally happens when either is touched

Red Wings havent touched that things since '95 the year they lost to the Devils in the Cup finals and theyve won 4 Cups since (should have been five, darn Penguins....)

Speaking of the Wings, kinda... Yzerman named Lightning GM. Im sad but I know he wanted a GM job and god knows Ken Holland aint going anywhere. So I hope this works out for him.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 00:28   Link #272
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Blackhawks v Flyers starts on Sat for Lord Stanley's Cup. Im going with the Hawks, but not cuz of their great goaltending, their defense or their powerful first line. Basing my pick soley on Toews not touching the Conference Championship tropy, which Richardson did. And we all know what normally happens when either is touched

Red Wings havent touched that things since '95 the year they lost to the Devils in the Cup finals and theyve won 4 Cups since (should have been five, darn Penguins....)
Yzerman carried it in 97, 98, and I think 2002 as well.

Quote:
Speaking of the Wings, kinda... Yzerman named Lightning GM. Im sad but I know he wanted a GM job and god knows Ken Holland aint going anywhere. So I hope this works out for him.
I hope he does well, I know that the Lightning are my team in the East now.
Old 2010-05-26, 13:00   Link #273
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy Named Zeo View Post
Yzerman carried it in 97, 98, and I think 2002 as well.
Youre talking about the Cup itself, Im talking about the Conference trophy won after rd 3. Superstition implies that anyone who touches the conference trohy wont win the Cup After the '95 season neither Yzerman nor Lidstrom has touched it leading to cups in 97, 98, 02 and 08. Crosby touched the eastern one in 08 and lost, he didnt touch it last year and won (course as stated Lidstrom didnt touch it either but sadly that wasnt enough to beat the Pens for a 2nd straight year).

Either way Im hoping for an exciting Cup finals!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 13:59   Link #274
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Youre talking about the Cup itself, Im talking about the Conference trophy won after rd 3. Superstition implies that anyone who touches the conference trohy wont win the Cup After the '95 season neither Yzerman nor Lidstrom has touched it leading to cups in 97, 98, 02 and 08. Crosby touched the eastern one in 08 and lost, he didnt touch it last year and won (course as stated Lidstrom didnt touch it either but sadly that wasnt enough to beat the Pens for a 2nd straight year).

Either way Im hoping for an exciting Cup finals!
The two videos I linked were the final games of the Western Conference finals and at the end of them Yzerman was touching The Campbell. I even remember him taking it to the locker room in 2002 and I am not talking about the Cup.

These are links to the videos showing that he was touching the Campbell trophy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_pPLJJvFMo#t=10m0s 98
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyIJv1PkMKk#t=10m14s 97
Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FAG3gxE8D4#t=3m59s 2002
Crosby did not touch it in 08, he touched it in 09. Lidstrom did not touch it in 08 or 09.

Scott Stevens touched the ECF trophy in 2003 and Mario Lemieux touched it in 91 and 92. So it really doesn't matter at all if it's touched or not.

Last edited by The Guy Named Zeo; 2010-05-26 at 14:11.
The Guy Named Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 05:52   Link #275
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
And it's over with me up 20 dollars on a bet with a coworker. Still have to collect though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 12:08   Link #276
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Anyone catch the NHL Draft? Once again, the rich get richer, as the Red Wings managed to snag Tomas Jurco with the 35th pick. I'm basing that off potential alone, but we're talking about a kid who has legitimate superstar potential if he puts in the work and gives you all he has on every shift, night in and night out. He's going to be down in Grand Rapids for a season or two (I'm banking on one season, I have a feeling this kid is going to be a game-breaker in the AHL). The reason he fell so far is due to GMs being iffy about his overall work ethic, which is understandable... but none of those GMs are Kenny Holland, meaning: he's one GM in particular that knows how to spot future superstars with later picks.

Anyway, here's a pretty nice video for Jurco:

I'm just glad Chicago didn't get him.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 12:31   Link #277
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Anyone catch the NHL Draft? Once again, the rich get richer, as the Red Wings managed to snag Tomas Jurco with the 35th pick. I'm basing that off potential alone, but we're talking about a kid who has legitimate superstar potential if he puts in the work and gives you all he has on every shift, night in and night out. He's going to be down in Grand Rapids for a season or two (I'm banking on one season, I have a feeling this kid is going to be a game-breaker in the AHL). The reason he fell so far is due to GMs being iffy about his overall work ethic, which is understandable... but none of those GMs are Kenny Holland, meaning: he's one GM in particular that knows how to spot future superstars with later picks.

Anyway, here's a pretty nice video for Jurco:

[youtube]32aEQd8DcKU[youtube]

I'm just glad Chicago didn't get him.
incredible! very skilled full at those tricks! btw who did Chicago get from the draft that is good?

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-06-27 at 19:37.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 12:52   Link #278
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Mark McNeill is the only pick for Chicago that really leaps out at me. He's already NHL-size ready and he's a solid center with pretty good playmaking ability. I'm sure he'll get an opportunity to make the Blackhawks' roster come preseason, as they need all the scoring help they can get.
Old 2011-07-02, 23:15   Link #279
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Well the Red Wings have re-signed Jonathan Ericcson, Patrick Eaves, and Drew Miller, while also signing Ian White and Mike Commodore to contracts. They still have about $10 million in cap space and word on the street is Holland is looking to move Hudler. The Wings obviously still need a goaltender to back-up Howard (I'm hoping it's not Conklin again, but I can't imagine him being any worse than MacDonald). I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get Jagr in the end, but his asking price was raised to almost $4 mill a year and that is NOT worth it, especially for the long term future of the Wings. Ideally, I'd like to see them move both Hudler and Fillpula for a quality defenceman, one that can play at a high level for a few years, but at this point I'm content with Smith finally getting his shot.
Old 2012-07-19, 22:29   Link #280
Athena
The Power of One

Hey, no one discussing NHL now?

C'mon, it was quite a hot offfseason. Discussions between the NHLPA and Bettman, Suter and Parise at Minesota, Weber just got offered a crazy amount of money in Philly. Is this thread dead for real?

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup