AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 13:29   Link #41
Dark Wing

It could be that the manga writes were not given the full details on how the anime would end. This would result in plot intensity.
Old 2011-04-22, 14:10   Link #42
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The size of the team, and the apparent pre-Madokaverse setting makes me wonder if any of them might turn out to be someone/something we've seen before.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 08:58   Link #43
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
The size of the team, and the apparent pre-Madokaverse setting makes me wonder if any of them might turn out to be someone/something we've seen before.
The setting isn't in Mitakihara, but in another city. While we have magical girls like Kyouko seemingly roving around waiting for a specific territory to be vacated of its local guardian, I don't see any kind of overlap possible. Heck, we don't even know WHERE in Japan both cities are located in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
It could be that the manga writers were not given the full details on how the anime would end. This would result in plot discrepancies.
This is what I think happened. The Oriko and Kazumi artists were just given an outline by Gen on the rules of the Madokaverse, and even then these rules weren't even finalized. Case in point: the first Chapter of Kazumi Magica had them fighting different witches than the anime. This was before the origins of witches (Magical Girls become Witches when their Soul Gems get corrupted). When the truth was revealed, THEN we see anime-style witches in Chapter 3. I'm sure that the ending has placed the spin-offs in an even MORE awkward position (old-school witches shouldn't exist post-Madoka wish).
Old 2011-04-23, 09:21   Link #44
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post

This is what I think happened. The Oriko and Kazumi artists were just given an outline by Gen on the rules of the Madokaverse, and even then these rules weren't even finalized. Case in point: the first Chapter of Kazumi Magica had them fighting different witches than the anime. This was before the origins of witches (Magical Girls become Witches when their Soul Gems get corrupted). When the truth was revealed, THEN we see anime-style witches in Chapter 3. I'm sure that the ending has placed the spin-offs in an even MORE awkward position (old-school witches shouldn't exist post-Madoka wish).

I suspect that they'll probably wave it off as an attempt to simulate Old Madoka Verse Witches , without the creation of Puella Magi's . In fact , I somehow have this theory bouncing around that Kazumi Magica is set after Madoka Magica , and that the entire plotline revolves around a faction of Puella Magi's that despise the endless war they're in , and is trying to break the system , and if possible destroy the creator of the system . I can just imagine that , if somehow , some Puella Magis have some knowledge of the existence of Madoka ( even if it's only existence , and possibly name ) , there would be quite a few that would like to destroy her and have the system re organized - or broken forever.

Of course , if they succeed , millions , if not billions of Puella Magi's are going to get SCREWED . Again.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 12:12   Link #45
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
This is what I think happened. The Oriko and Kazumi artists were just given an outline by Gen on the rules of the Madokaverse, and even then these rules weren't even finalized.

The Oriko manga is written by Gen himself though (the artist just does the drawings),that's the big difference between Kazumi and Oriko to me,it's also why I look forward to Oriko a whole lot more.
Old 2011-04-23, 13:27   Link #46
Dark Wing

Quote:
I think they'll find away to write around these little error in the Kazumi manga and as fare as Oriko goes that hasn't even started up yet.
Old 2011-04-24, 03:44   Link #47
hellblueboy

QB does appear in kasumi manga
Spoiler for QB:
hellblueboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 04:35   Link #48
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblueboy View Post
QB does appear in kasumi manga
Spoiler for QB:
OHHHH damn its gonna get heavy!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 11:59   Link #49
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Chapter 4 is out in the usual places.

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

Looks like so far this is a standard Madoka universe story that could have taken place anytime before the anime ending. It also makes me wonder....if this wasn't related to the anime, why delay it until after the anime was finished?
Old 2011-04-27, 12:31   Link #50
Dark Wing

Most likely they did plan on making in coincide with the main series but it ended differently then mangaka expected so had to change it to make the story work.

Or maybe they will tie it to the series somehow later on...

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2011-04-27 at 12:45.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 13:54   Link #51
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

maybe madoka wasnt the first one( or last) to change the system.
Old 2011-04-27, 13:59   Link #52
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Boy, that's crazy enough to speculate in.
But what's with delay talk? Oriko was delayed, but this one ran almost simultaneously with the show, AFAIR.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 18:44   Link #53
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Things are starting to get interesting, and Kyubey even makes a short cameo!
Old 2011-04-27, 20:27   Link #54
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Ah, so it ISN'T all rainbows and sunshine after all with the Pleiades. I think it's obvious by now that they know about the real origins of witches... The big question now is who/what Yuuri (HAHAHA, what a choice of name) is supposed to be.

Surprise surprise, Juubey can clear Soul Gem corruption. Why hasn't Kyuubey offered to do the same, I wonder?
Old 2011-04-27, 20:48   Link #55
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
maybe madoka wasnt the first one( or last) to change the system.
Or maybe this is a spinoff and people aren't supposed to think too much about the connection to Madoka's story.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:49   Link #56
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Fiddlesticks.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:53   Link #57
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Or maybe this is a spinoff and people aren't supposed to think too much about the connection to Madoka's story.
Under normal circumstances I'd say, "^ This," and move on. However since Kyubey has now appeared in this (cameo, apparently; I haven't actually got around to reading this yet), I see no reason not to try and draw connections between this and the main series.

Last edited by Akashin; 2011-04-27 at 20:54. Reason: The "not" was kinda important <_<
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 02:03   Link #58
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I'm betting Kazumi turns out to be Walpurgis Night whose with me?
You got my support. Just hope you are right about it. Still too early to know if this a prequel or sequel or just another different timeline all together of the anime.
Old 2011-04-28, 05:18   Link #59
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
A spin-off shoudl be a spin-off, not an AU. JRPG spin-offs can easily get away with that, but with anime/books it's plain weird IMHO.

Kazumi=Walpurgis theory is actually an old one... But then again, even the witch card suggests WN might be a cluster of entities. How about taking the whole Pleiade into account?
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 09:29   Link #60
Shadow5YA

Until proven otherwise, I will still assume a loosely based connection at best. Perhaps it's not quite a spin off, but I see Kazumi's connection with Madoka on the same level as Tsukihime with Kara no Kyokai and Steins;Gate with Chaos;Head. Same universe, maybe, but I'm not going jump to conclusions and believe that one story has events crucial to the plot of the other.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, spin-off