AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-19, 16:32   Link #121
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'm on Dragonfall at the moment, but only just started (and about to leave for Uni) so rerolling isn't a problem.
Old 2012-04-19, 16:39   Link #122
Xion Valkyrie

Dragonfall is the most popular PVE server?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 16:45   Link #123
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Dragonfall is where most of AS went, except the SEA people blocked from the NA servers.
Old 2012-04-19, 16:45   Link #124
Mr Hat and Clogs

It's listed at medium load at the moment, and the others are at.. standard, I think.

Ahh well, if anyone is still around in... 8-9 hours, I'll be back then (on Dragonfall ATM).

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2012-04-19 at 17:22.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 17:16   Link #125
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
If any AS ppl actually roll (and play) on Dragonfall, give me a shout (Chiara). Finally got in game after huuuge wait .. the way EME handled this launch was pathetic
Old 2012-04-19, 17:44   Link #126
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm Loving my Lancer, This game is a lot like Monster Hunter. So I already have a lot of experience with timing blocks and etc.
Old 2012-04-19, 19:19   Link #127
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I got stuck on the "Dark Revelations" quest, where you kill the monster at the end but the quest doesn't record it.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 20:56   Link #128
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

That happened to me too >< luckly the 2nd try worked...

aaand now I' m in the city~

and lookin boss
Old 2012-04-20, 00:36   Link #129
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Dragonfall is where most of AS went, except the SEA people are racially excluded from the NA servers.
Fixed. We are supposed to be "Chinese" and hence are hackers and gold spammers.

I want my loli.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 02:41   Link #130
Mr Hat and Clogs

So, anyone on atm? (Dragonfall or otherwise?)
Old 2012-04-20, 02:55   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Meh, I'd love to give it a spin... but the launcher bogs down to zero after a few gigabytes. I suspect its either the mothership server being hammered by requests or my ISP getting queasy at the mounds of data transfer -- -probably some of both.

Ah well, I'll watch the posts and see what folks think.
Old 2012-04-20, 03:03   Link #132
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm on Valley of the Titans atm Mr Hat and Clogs, I don't expect as big a Oceanic presence as TOR so queues shouldn't be as much an issue.. and regardless... better to wait in queues for a couple weeks than end up on a dead server a month down the track. Seems like VOT and Dragonfall are the go to servers atm.... and hopefully the only 1 character for open beta rule keeps people out of VOT who are just trying the beta. Serpantise Isle had 120 guilds with only a few being over 50, VOT has 350+ guilds with about 20 over 50 people.

VOT should be quite the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Meh, I'd love to give it a spin... but the launcher bogs down to zero after a few gigabytes. I suspect its either the mothership server being hammered by requests or my ISP getting queasy at the mounds of data transfer -- -probably some of both.

Ah well, I'll watch the posts and see what folks think.
Turn off P2P for the download.. should fly after that.. I never had to do that myself but it seems to really speed up the download for a lot of people.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 03:05   Link #133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Turn of P2P for the download.. should fly after that.. I never had to do that myself but it seems to really speed up the download for a lot of people.
Ah, I didn't notice a p2p switch.... I'll take a look.

edit: f'ing fabulous.... it was P2Ping without explicitly checking with me first ... which is a violation of my ISP TOS (rolls eyes), guess I'll call my buddy tomorrow at the ISP and rant/apologize. (before anyone makes any brilliant comments about changing - its my only choice for anything remotely broadband and is a small mom'n'pop wireless ISP, I know the people, I occasionally help them out professionally). I'm surprised they didn't call me after the 1st GB... o.O
Old 2012-04-20, 04:55   Link #134
Dist

If by '' quite the experience '' you mean all high levels bored and camping at front of Lumbertown to kill any low level who doesn't think twice about crossing the bridge.. then yes, quite an experience.

Hats, I'm on Dragonfall, and I am on right now. I was on earlier too. You can add me even if I'm offline, the name's Chiara, or look up the Zodiac guild.

Vexx : You can manually download all the TERA files using an download manager. This lets you resume the download even if something goes wonky .. Sadly, you'll have to wait. The links were posted by EME but are currently down .. It just says they will be added '' asap ''.

And Vexx, your ISP should then limit your upload speed by a LOT, if you're not allowed to upload anything. You should turn the P2P off regardless, it downloads faster. The P2P feature is supposed to help you by downloading from other players, but as most have it turned off, it totally does not help. I also often got source file checksum error when downloading from others..
Old 2012-04-20, 05:09   Link #135
Mr Hat and Clogs

Ahh, heya Westlo. Long time no see.

Added you to friend list Dist - I'm Vexana.
Old 2012-04-20, 05:17   Link #136
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Server's restarting and my router crapped out so I'm done for the evening. I didn't play all day plus I am spending a lot of time looking at how gorgeous everything is so I'm only level 13, and most of my guild blew past me so I didn't have much chance for group or RP activities.

My character's name is Aeriyn on Celestial Hills if anyone is interested in joining the RP server. There's not a lot of RP going on during the OBT, though, so it's mostly just people leveling as fast as possible for some odd reason...
Old 2012-04-20, 05:26   Link #137
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The problem with most of North American server is... well they either block SEA (and Australia), or their server quite lagged for PvP playing from here. Worse in case of Europe through. There should be enough demand from Asia to build a whole English gaming network, but it was probably due to the lack of infrastructure, or difference gaming policy by every nation

But basically, what i meant to say is: you guys go and play the game, then tell me how it is, and put up lots of screenshot as well. So i can just pretends that i already know the game inside out and don't need to play it....
Old 2012-04-20, 05:30   Link #138
Mr Hat and Clogs

I'm in Aust, and I'm not blocked...

*twiddle thumbs while waiting for restart*
Old 2012-04-20, 06:03   Link #139
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't think Aus has ever been blocked from accessing NA servers in any MMO...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 06:21   Link #140
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The problem with most of North American server is... well they either block SEA (and Australia), or their server quite lagged for PvP playing from here. Worse in case of Europe through. There should be enough demand from Asia to build a whole English gaming network, but it was probably due to the lack of infrastructure, or difference gaming policy by every nation

But basically, what i meant to say is: you guys go and play the game, then tell me how it is, and put up lots of screenshot as well. So i can just pretends that i already know the game inside out and don't need to play it....
What lag? I play from Finland .. Do you have any idea how far that is from NA? I don't lag at pvp :/.

Asia also has already Japanese and Korean versions... do you really need another SEA failure like Dragon Nest?