AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-25, 22:38   Link #361
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
The very fact that she is there alone with the child makes it clear that it is the only a survivor and the others are gone. The others are minor characters no wonder they are slaughtered.
Who are the minor characters you were referring to? I do get you somehow since it gives most of us the feeling that she was the last survivor among the original casts moreover; she was seen alone fighting with Carmilla. Many fans wondered of everyone's absence but Saki. Where the heck are the others? and how come is that Saki became the narrator? Unless she's not a fabricator or something who alters what had actually happened. Well, it seems pretty well that she's not and the structures and sculptures around the building say so.

She is a living book that tells history, and the child is of royal descent whom Saki must educate. Still what we're currently thinking are pure possibilities and speculations. What do we know? Akira will appear as a shut-in-vampire hacker who's made her Valvrave a haven in 200 years.

Anyways, Shouko's dream, L Elf's goal and Haruto's legacy will carry on. Saki is most likely the keeper of these hopes.
Old 2013-07-25, 22:59   Link #362
Destined_Fate

Quote:
We know it can be a descendant, but not confirmed by L-Elf x Shoko, the only clue is that it seems to L-Elf.

Also remember that Shoko was not shown in the preview of the second season, that may mean she will die soon
She's gonna be dead after the time skip anyway as will L-Elf. Killing her wouldn't really be as jarring and she has had her "almost" death a few times already. There's also Haruto entrusting Shoko to L-Elf and co. as well.

Even though Haruto is quite a few things I wouldn't be surprised if he notices the growing relationship between Shoko and L-Elf eventually thus why he later is fine leaving Shoko to L-Elf in particular.
Old 2013-07-27, 10:01   Link #363
Fjoergyn

I feel bad for Haruto who has been through a lot to protect Shoko and she finishes with another man. So I prefer L-Elf x Saki. I have the hope that Haruto be honest with Shoko, she reacts perhaps understandably, is Shoko xD
Old 2013-07-27, 11:22   Link #364
~BC~

It's not just about protecting Shoko though. And I can't feel bad for Haruto if he loses Shoko to someone else. It still rankles my nerves that the one person who knows him best is the one he thinks can't be trusted with his darkest secrets. That alone would justify the pairing not happening, IMO. If he really thinks Shoko can't deal with his secret then he needs to accept that she may not be the one for him.
Old 2013-07-27, 12:10   Link #365
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
It's not just about protecting Shoko though. And I can't feel bad for Haruto if he loses Shoko to someone else. It still rankles my nerves that the one person who knows him best is the one he thinks can't be trusted with his darkest secrets. That alone would justify the pairing not happening, IMO. If he really thinks Shoko can't deal with his secret then he needs to accept that she may not be the one for him.
Totally agree with you, Haruto is a coward. She has to know the truth and I hope Haruto, I can not see Saki in that role
Old 2013-07-27, 13:01   Link #366
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
But, you can't deny his devotion to her is unnatural. From the beginning episodes to when he thought she died to when he found out her dad was missing, it was obvious Shoko was the only thing on his mind. I know it was understandable when he wanted to get revenge on Dorssia, but you can't deny he let his friends get in harms way to help him retrieve the Valvrave. Also, he was willing to cut their defense force to go on a wild goose chase to look for Shoko's dad. Also, he would be putting himself in danger by leaving the module alone and wandering around with Dorssia still close by.

Also, about keeping secrets, you can say the same about Shoko keeping her dad's disappearance and later death from Haruto. That revlation obviously won't go over well.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-07-27 at 14:18.
Old 2013-07-27, 19:16   Link #367
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

The bond between them stays mutual but with restrained feelings.

I was thinking, maybe the human experiment has something to do with the plan of infiltrating Dorssia. The specimen will both be Haruto and L Elf wherein L Elf would be the compatible host. In this way, his body is considered invulnerable while being hijacked. THIS COULD ALSO BE A START OF A NEW ROMANCE BETWEEN SHOKO AND L ELF. THE OBLIVIOUS SHOKO WOULD FALL FOR HIM THOUGH, IT WAS HARUTO'S CONSCIOUSNESS RESIDING INSIDE. AND SO THESE ARE JUST IDEAS. >\\\<
Old 2013-07-28, 02:18   Link #368
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
But, you can't deny his devotion to her is unnatural. From the beginning episodes to when he thought she died to when he found out her dad was missing, it was obvious Shoko was the only thing on his mind. I know it was understandable when he wanted to get revenge on Dorssia, but you can't deny he let his friends get in harms way to help him retrieve the Valvrave. Also, he was willing to cut their defense force to go on a wild goose chase to look for Shoko's dad. Also, he would be putting himself in danger by leaving the module alone and wandering around with Dorssia still close by.
You should realize by now that judging from his interaction with Shoko and Saki and by how he words things, that what he does is primarily for is own sake

He doesn't think about the other party that much
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-07-28, 03:54   Link #369
Destined_Fate

That would be a lie, Shoko shouldn't fall for an L-Elf in Haruto's body while thinking it's Haruto still. Shoko deserves to have love that isn't tainted or based off such a severe lie as that. No one should have to be put through such a thing either.

Quote:
I feel bad for Haruto who has been through a lot to protect Shoko and she finishes with another man. So I prefer L-Elf x Saki. I have the hope that Haruto be honest with Shoko, she reacts perhaps understandably, is Shoko xD
Haruto's own fault as he's the reason Shoko and him aren't together and why they've drifted a part. Hell after having sex with Saki, Haruto was willing to marry her right away and he actively avoided Shoko. The guy loves Shoko but he by no means has to get with her and if anything he may even prefer that Shoko gets with someone else because of his self guilt and wanting her to be happy. L-Elf just so happens to be the other guy in her life that she has been growing closer to due to circumstance.
Old 2013-07-28, 08:29   Link #370
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That would be a lie, Shoko shouldn't fall for an L-Elf in Haruto's body while thinking it's Haruto still. Shoko deserves to have love that isn't tainted or based off such a severe lie as that. No one should have to be put through such a thing. . .
Well, these are not lies nor fact though, you're right, and that's why I said those are simply ideas. Anyways, if that would happen, love may spring forth. Shouko would likely face a troublesome unrequitted love, but such twists might happen like when L Elf will suddenly come back to his own senses and soon find out that he's with Shoko's comfort, he'd slowly grow fond of Shoko and start to develop an odd relationship with her, realizing that he is drawn to her cuteness and whatsoever. Love is indeed the greatest conniving conqueror of all time. You'll never know when it would attack. It might be L Elf falling first for her.

These are all according to me. All are somewhat ideas filled with wild imaginations.
Old 2013-07-28, 10:32   Link #371
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You should realize by now that judging from his interaction with Shoko and Saki and by how he words things, that what he does is primarily for is own sake

He doesn't think about the other party that much
True, I have picked that up and have read your previous posts, which I agree with. It's one of the reasons I can't bring myself to like him completely, but also has me looking forward to how his character grows.
Old 2013-07-28, 11:59   Link #372
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That would be a lie, Shoko shouldn't fall for an L-Elf in Haruto's body while thinking it's Haruto still. Shoko deserves to have love that isn't tainted or based off such a severe lie as that. No one should have to be put through such a thing either.

Haruto's own fault as he's the reason Shoko and him aren't together and why they've drifted a part. Hell after having sex with Saki, Haruto was willing to marry her right away and he actively avoided Shoko. The guy loves Shoko but he by no means has to get with her and if anything he may even prefer that Shoko gets with someone else because of his self guilt and wanting her to be happy. L-Elf just so happens to be the other guy in her life that she has been growing closer to due to circumstance.

That infatuation going to have to handle with care, L-Elf is cold and calculating. I can not imagine L-Elf suffer for love, is very strange

They have not thought Haruto can become a tyrant like Shu
Old 2013-07-30, 17:37   Link #373
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
Well, these are not lies nor fact though, you're right, and that's why I said those are simply ideas. Anyways, if that would happen, love may spring forth. Shouko would likely face a troublesome unrequitted love, but such twists might happen like when L Elf will suddenly come back to his own senses and soon find out that he's with Shoko's comfort, he'd slowly grow fond of Shoko and start to develop an odd relationship with her, realizing that he is drawn to her cuteness and whatsoever. Love is indeed the greatest conniving conqueror of all time. You'll never know when it would attack. It might be L Elf falling first for her.

These are all according to me. All are somewhat ideas filled with wild imaginations.
He should still remain in his own body and she should naturally fall for him as they're already on a set path for them to end up together as he's her second, has seen her worse, and the such while L-Elf has been interested in her the moment she ruined his plans as an unpredictable Wild Card.
Old 2013-08-07, 07:01   Link #374
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I don't really get why does Japan and most people shat on Shoko Sashinami's character so much they started to make some funny visual memes to mock of her? Shoko was a breath of fresh air compared to other genki girls and I don't see how they call her a retard (and I've been on /a/ for a long time) so I wonder why they did that.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-08-07, 11:40   Link #375
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I don't really get why does Japan and most people shat on Shoko Sashinami's character so much they started to make some funny visual memes to mock of her? Shoko was a breath of fresh air compared to other genki girls and I don't see how they call her a retard (and I've been on /a/ for a long time) so I wonder why they did that.
There are characters worse than shoko

It's interesting to see Shoko as minister and political leader of the module.
Old 2013-08-07, 11:55   Link #376
Kurohane

Quote:
Wow, I didn't expect that from Japanese fans, but it's not surprising. People tend to make a joke out everything unfortunately. Sure, Shoko is a genki character, but I find that those people who can't relate to her and as a result, don't feel any particular attachment, is because she is too genki. Fans still can't get off the "jingle bells" incident, and she has a penchant of doing other random things that don't make sense, like that time she attempted to strip to make others believe her. This sometimes can be overshadowed by her awesome moments like getting the school together to form an independent nation. However, it's common that she is just this ray of sunshine no one can dim, and that's not wrong, it's her character afterall. However, the problem most people have with her is that she comes off TOO strong.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-08-07 at 16:17.
Old 2013-08-07, 12:31   Link #377
Fjoergyn

Shoko will not be the same in the next season. It is clear that his character will suffer changes to adjust to his new role as leader.
Old 2013-08-07, 12:58   Link #378
alluka

Quote:
Well, those memes could have been made for fun by people who actually like her. I like them too.
As for the hate, perhaps compared to the other main characters, she's the most, err.. goofy one (festivals, jingle bells..etc her actions are justified in the story, but haters jumped very early to them) and thus gets the most hate out of them all, I guess?
Well, for every fanbase, there is a hatebase so..
Old 2013-08-07, 23:40   Link #379
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:

I think Japan has nothing to do with this. Maybe it's the haters fault that they try to conditon people's mind and probably fabricate her as an unlikable character through any means. My brothers like her so much that for them she's the only amusing heroine in the series but Akira. :-) I am not Japanese, but I have a friend from Japan who supports her and is as well fangirling over her. She even bought any merchandise related to Shoko, she told me that she has a toy phone that looks like hers. Only haters would create such absurd memes that are not even funny, well, for them it is. They just did that out of animosity. Still I find others funny. Fans who are totally into her made those, I think.

All I know is that I have my biases. Unpredictable as she is, she has captured my heart. I, alone, am enough to pin their bitterness down. 100% Shoko here.
Old 2013-08-08, 01:00   Link #380
Key Board
Carbon

I think there's some over reaction

is being the base of a meme sign of contempt?

I don't think so.. unless the it's guro torture related
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Closed Thread

Tags
characters