AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2006-01-13, 05:24   Link #61
tabun
rawr!

Very much so! And even if, what would be the point of this? Although the 2nd half of ep 24 indicates the other girls haven't "given up" on Rin, it is rather obvious that the current situation won't change much.

An OVA could do two things: a) Tell a nice, little story in the "universe" of the Shuffle! we know, maybe a flashback, maybe some stories of the girls, some background on Ama (omg, I would cry in joy), stuff like that. Or it could b) topple the whole Shuffle! We know and present to us some alternative endings, etc. The main problem is: what worked out pretty ok with Love Hina would under no circumstances work with Shuffle!

Why, you ask? The characters, of course. Love Hina, while having few moments that could be described as truly "romantic", has an awesome variety of characters, which makes it easy to find something to base an OVA upon. Compared to LH, the Shuffle! Characters (apart from maybe Kaede and partly Asa) are rather shallow. You may hate me for saying so, but this made the whole show more (lack of words here) focusable (is that even a word?).

But then again, who am I to judge the motives of the authors? They may feel a strong urge to clarify Asa's reluctance towards magic a little more (cough), who knows?

Just my 2 cents ^^
Old 2006-01-13, 05:30   Link #62
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I think Sia was decent enough as a character, besides Kaede that is. They could focus on them The alternative endings would be ok, but that depends on how the writers will present them. If they mess them like they did with Asa's weak ending, I'll pass

And please, no Asa OVA, I'm gonna be sick
Old 2006-01-13, 06:26   Link #63
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

but alternate endings means would mean a rewrite of pretty much all that has happened since the 2nd half of shuffle. some characters had their arcs ending pretty early.
ShadowrazoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 10:11   Link #64
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
one question: episode 24:
what is the book with Asa's picture on it that Tsubomi's reading?
and er... about the KaedeXSia thingy, its an accident, and the 'drool' people are talking about is actually the lips shiner.
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 10:25   Link #65
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
one question: episode 24:
what is the book with Asa's picture on it that Tsubomi's reading?
and er... about the KaedeXSia thingy, its an accident, and the 'drool' people are talking about is actually the lips shiner.
Yeah yeah I still think Sia doesn't mind, and Kaede, well, she's lonely right now Shoujo ai FTW I say
Old 2006-01-13, 22:15   Link #66
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowrazoR
but alternate endings means would mean a rewrite of pretty much all that has happened since the 2nd half of shuffle. some characters had their arcs ending pretty early.
i wouldn't mind if they do what sunrise is doing with GSD ep50,they make ep50Final+plus. so much scenes are add and change(to correct their flawed and mistake pretty much) . if only Navel can make that with Kaede arc....

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 23:05   Link #67
Shiokaze
Hitsugaya is my hero.

What is the name of the song that plays when Asa pushes Rin for the first time in Episode 1 when they are changing there shoes? It also plays in episode 6, when Rin comes out of his house to go lingerie shopping for Primula and all the girls are there. Usually you here it when Asa goes "Helllooo". It sounds very cheery. Also, what is the name of the song when the preview of the next episode plays?
Shiokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 03:28   Link #68
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
omoshiroi....
its not sure, but i'm sure its the BGM of the episodes, something like Character Music.
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 14:50   Link #69
Shiokaze
Hitsugaya is my hero.

Well, I just finished Shuffle! and I have 3 questions about the last episode:

1. Was Nerine paying respects to Likoris's? If not, then who?
2. In the episode 24 thread, everyone keeps on mentioning Yuri's ending or a yuri ending. What or who is yuri?
3. What is the whole story with the guy who kept bitting the napkin saying "Rin", in the last episode, he goes up to him and goes "Rin" and says it again in a relaxing way. What is story behind him?
Old 2006-01-20, 16:30   Link #70
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiokaze
Well, I just finished Shuffle! and I have 3 questions about the last episode:

1. Was Nerine paying respects to Likoris's? If not, then who?
2. In the episode 24 thread, everyone keeps on mentioning Yuri's ending or a yuri ending. What or who is yuri?
3. What is the whole story with the guy who kept bitting the napkin saying "Rin", in the last episode, he goes up to him and goes "Rin" and says it again in a relaxing way. What is story behind him?
1. Yes.
2. "Yuri" in this context refers to a girl x girl romantic pairing. What people are referring to in episode 24 is the kiss between Kaede and Sia that is seen during the closing credits. The kiss began as an accident, although whether it finished that way is - no doubt intentionally - left open to interpretation by the viewer.
3. No one really knows.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 17:43   Link #71
Shiokaze
Hitsugaya is my hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
1. Yes.
2. "Yuri" in this context refers to a girl x girl romantic pairing. What people are referring to in episode 24 is the kiss between Kaede and Sia that is seen during the closing credits. The kiss began as an accident, although whether it finished that way is - no doubt intentionally - left open to interpretation by the viewer.
3. No one really knows.
Thank you very much.
Old 2006-01-20, 18:12   Link #72
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually... the Ama backstory could make a *lovely* little mini-series.

Nerine's post-Rin life could be a nice little light romance with the other characters in little sidestories.

there's still a lot of material here ....
Old 2006-01-20, 19:22   Link #73
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

i don't think it's possible for them to try nerine x *other characters. they probably will wanna keep their options open for tick tack.

remember what happened when you use male characters not in the original material? look at canvas 2. what was that guy's name again? the one in love with elis.

see what i mean.
Old 2006-01-20, 19:35   Link #74
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
i don't think it's possible for them to try nerine x *other characters. they probably will wanna keep their options open for tick tack.

remember what happened when you use male characters not in the original material? look at canvas 2. what was that guy's name again? the one in love with elis.

see what i mean.
Well... I see what happens when writers don't think things through but it isn't necessarily a given that such will always happen (like with poor shouta in canvas 2 .. though the series isn't quite over). I agree that the calculus is biased toward saving Nerine for TickTack (though thats a flashback time travel story for the most part).
<shrug> the romance "harem" anime genre has done a fairly bad job in most instances of following the lives of the women after their arc ... to the point of me advocating the need for "new blood" in the rather small cadre of writers that do these things.
Old 2006-01-20, 20:19   Link #75
Furudanuki

Quote:

see what i mean.
Other than suffering from the worst artwork of any character in the series, what is wrong with Shouta? I thought his interaction with Elis was a nice couterpoint to what was going on with Kiri and Hiroki. I'm also guessing he still has a role to play as the Hiroki - Kiri - Elis triangle sorts itself out.

Edited to add this: I have a question about the Shuffle! games that someone can hopefully answer. In the PC version, when you are playing the game and reach a decision point is there a time limit for your response, or can you take as much time as you want to choose an option? What about Shuffle! on the Stage?

Last edited by Furudanuki; 2006-01-20 at 22:38.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 22:54   Link #76
Winter

Anyone know the BGM thats plays ....
Final Epsiode 08.24min (when Rin cuts himself)....the sad piano tune..i cant find it,it's not in the special BGMs...can anyone help me with this? please pleaseee~ ><
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 22:57   Link #77
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've never had it "time out" so it appears to be Zork-ish in the sense you can sit at a decision fork forever. There may be games out there with time limits but I've not seen one. At least thats the case for shuffle!, ticktack, and AIR...

I think Shouta is necessary as "this is what Elis *should* be doing rather than wasting her time chasing childhood fantasies" .... such as they are.

I'm getting grumpy ... Hagino-meter dropping....
((throws in Azumanga for a Sakaki-fix))
Old 2006-01-21, 02:04   Link #78
beatrixkido0

well who here wants another series?i know i do
beatrixkido0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 10:27   Link #79
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

shouta is a forgettable character. he's too generic. what i was meant earlier was that these extra/new characters usually end up not well thought out.

anyways, a series of OVAs is more possible than a new season. romance-less except for between rin and asa. which means it would be kinda like the first few episodes of the TV series.
Old 2006-01-21, 10:47   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
shouta is a forgettable character. he's too generic. what i was meant earlier was that these extra/new characters usually end up not well thought out.

anyways, a series of OVAs is more possible than a new season. romance-less except for between rin and asa. which means it would be kinda like the first few episodes of the TV series.
I kind of have this "regretful pleasure" feeling that any follow on work would consist mostly of comedy wherein the various girls would end up in compromising situations with RIn and Asa would finish the ep with a loud "WTF? He's mine!!!" and they'd all laugh as they headed for the cafe. Ouch.... but I'd probably watch it ... o the horror.