AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 09:03   Link #2701
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
What is the long name version

For shorter name : Kokoro Connect
I'm not sure about that myself to be honest. I guess the official name is "Toki-chan the Pillow Goddess" but some people call it TokixRyuuka telepathy, Toki Ghost, Summon Magic Toki, Ryuuka’s Plump Thighs or just Toki-chan. Take your pick.

And no, I don't think they ever switch bodies (yet). But it could be a useful hex ability if two or more players in a team really can switch bodies and abilities during the match. Think of the possible ways of cheating.

Last edited by teja208; 2013-01-16 at 09:32.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 10:45   Link #2702
The Green One

Some Saki 108 spoilers are appearing...

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2103994991?pn=1
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 13:03   Link #2703
tsunade666

^From the raw it looks like they manage to stop Yuuki's dealership and dominance in the game by not winning the round. (or is the dealership is over? it looks like no one wins it and ended up the round but not sure)

The nurse girl which I think Arakawa? Kei shows up in flashback.
Old 2013-01-16, 13:24   Link #2704
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

As long as she's still in tenpai then Yuuki can still continue it.. Let's just see whether she could keep up with it.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 18:11   Link #2705
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ch 108:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 18:31   Link #2706
Qilin
Romanticist

Well, all-in-all there's there's really no meaning in Yuuki holding on to the dealer seat unless she ends up building a mountain of points in the process, so I hope she holds on to it long enough to do something really flashy. More power to tacos.

On that note, I have seen a single taco since the match started. Is the manga finally doing away with that gimmick?
Old 2013-01-17, 02:29   Link #2707
The Green One

It would be nice to see Yukki come away with a positive gain for a change, but her run has to end eventually even if just to move things along. Comparing Yukki to Arakawa Kei? Tacos is getting some serious respect here.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:09   Link #2708
teja208
Critical fanboy

It's great to see Yuuki keeps getting better with every passing match. At this rate, by the time she reaches 3rd year she might be able to take Hisa's place as club head. Saki is the team's ace but I don't think her personality is fit to lead and Nodoka is too concrete and rather better off as the club's mascot.
Old 2013-01-17, 04:15   Link #2709
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
It's great to see Yuuki keeps getting better with every passing match. At this rate, by the time she reaches 3rd year she might be able to take Hisa's place as club head. Saki is the team's ace but I don't think her personality is fit to lead and Nodoka is too concrete and rather better off as the club's mascot.
Tacos is way too hyper. Nodoka being concrete keeps her level headed.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 05:18   Link #2710
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Tacos is way too hyper. Nodoka being concrete keeps her level headed.
If only she believes in lesbian hex. The hex part that is she doesn't. She can't lead the club with that kind of mind set. IMO, Yuuki has the most development out of the main casts so you can imagine what she could become given her a couple of years of experiences.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:36   Link #2711
desrtsku
Nympholept

Wow, being compared to a monster by another monster means you're a monster yourself.
Old 2013-01-17, 08:09   Link #2712
JW1

Nelly appears to have adopted the Hatsumi off-the-shoulder style (although in Hatsumi's case it's more like off-the-entire-body).
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:39   Link #2713
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Wow, being compared to a monster by another monster means you're a monster yourself.
Not that I disagree with your opinion about Yuuki's development, but you seem certain that Satoha is a monster. If that's the case, it would be quite disappointing for me that non-monster players never made it in to the top 3.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:48   Link #2714
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Not that I disagree with your opinion about Yuuki's development, but you seem certain that Satoha is a monster. If that's the case, it would be quite disappointing for me that non-monster players never made it in to the top 3.
Nowhere in my mind I ever thought the term "monster" is only used to define one of those freaks with supernatural abilities, mind you.
Old 2013-01-17, 12:21   Link #2715
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Nowhere in my mind I ever thought the term "monster" is only used to define one of those freaks with supernatural abilities, mind you.
I see. fair enough. As for me, I alway refer to the term monster in Sakiverse as any player with supernatural mahjong hex, the exceptionally powerful ones are known as national-class monsters and then there are also badass players without superpowers whom are just called skilled players. There are also some which I think could be classifed as skilled monster players which combines both aspects.

I guess we all had our own definition for the term monster in Sakiverse.

I think there are even those who label some character monster judging from their appearences and quirks.

For example, when Rinkai was first introduced:

"Hey look, there's a loli with a wierd looking hat. SHE MUST BE A MONSTER!"

Whan Senriyama was first introduced:

"Toki is too sickly for a normal player. SHE MUST BE A MONSTER!"

When Arakawa Kei was introduced:

"She's cosplaying as a nurse and all her mental patients doesn't dress normally. ALL OF THEM ARE BUNCHA MONSTERS!"
Old 2013-01-17, 12:35   Link #2716
Serperior

I'm really really impressed with Yuuki. To be on par with Satoha is just badass! Suzu being cute is cute, too!

Actually, it's still unknown whether or not Arakawa Kei is a normal player or a hax player, but, it's been (widely) accepted that Kei is a hax player. I don't have any proof per se, but it really is more likely. In the individuals finals last year, the table consist of Arakawa Kei (1st year), Satoha and Teru (2nd year) and an unknown 3rd year. Satoha was comparing Yuuki to Kei since Kei last year was a first year, and that Satoha will crush Yuuki without any hesitation now!

--
Actually, here's a pretty good powerlevel list from /a/:

Spoiler:
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 12:47   Link #2717
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
--

Spoiler:
Lol @ the "batman players" class name, well that's a good reference
Though I don't really get why they separated the usual and cold Touka ... for precision I guess.
Old 2013-01-17, 13:37   Link #2718
King-Slayer

Quote:
Lol @ the "batman players" class name, well that's a good reference
Though I don't really get why they separated the usual and cold Touka ... for precision I guess.
Put Cold Touka to low. not matter the logic behind it she still trashed 2 monsters and a pro.

Last edited by King-Slayer; 2013-01-17 at 14:14.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 21:34   Link #2719
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
I'm really really impressed with Yuuki. To be on par with Satoha is just badass! Suzu being cute is cute, too!

Actually, it's still unknown whether or not Arakawa Kei is a normal player or a hax player, but, it's been (widely) accepted that Kei is a hax player. I don't have any proof per se, but it really is more likely. In the individuals finals last year, the table consist of Arakawa Kei (1st year), Satoha and Teru (2nd year) and an unknown 3rd year. Satoha was comparing Yuuki to Kei since Kei last year was a first year, and that Satoha will crush Yuuki without any hesitation now!

--

Spoiler:
Hold on, isn't Arata an ability user?
Old 2013-01-17, 22:36   Link #2720
The Green One

Quote:
Hold on, isn't Arata an ability user?
Not really, her personal style trends to a certain type of waits with her bowling theme, but she's not restricted to it as she'll use Akado's old style as well. No super natural skills to speak of, just skill.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri