AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-27, 22:16   Link #41
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 703
Zoro looks a lot stronger when he is not wearing his green coat and the haramaki. If Zoro’s missing sword, Sanji meeting Violet are same people behind Luffy’s situation(going after the Mera Mera No Mi), then Daflamingo did his homework. I wonder if Violet and the Thief will lead Zoro and Sanji to the colosseum? It won’t be surprising if Violet’s victim will probably be one of the Donquixote pirates. I could see both Zoro and Sanji being led to an isolated area then ambushed by one of the Daflamingo’s men. So far there are 15 members in the Donquixote Pirates that we know if right now. Only 7 can be accounted for at the present time. With Spartan going down in the waiting room, hopefully that will fast track Luffy to the front of the line. It would be faster if he just smash everyone in the waiting room. I wonder what happened to Kinemon? I also wonder how far Luffy willing to go to ensure that the Mera Mera No Mi won’t fall into enemy hands?
Old 2013-03-27, 22:30   Link #42
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

The fruit to my mind is like a gravestone of somebody you loved who has since passed. Just because you loved that person for who they were the gravestone stands in for them/has emotional significance...you wouldn't want somebody pissing all over it. Apply that logic to the DF and I can see Luffy wanting to protect it/say fuck you to the person trying to mess with him through Ace.
Old 2013-03-27, 23:18   Link #43
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But I'm also equally interested in the toy soldier. I'm sure he'll have a somewhat important role this arc because it wouldn't make much sense for Oda to give him the intro box otherwise.
The fighter Spartan also had an intro box. Didn't do him much good did it?
Old 2013-03-28, 00:30   Link #44
marvelB

^Yeah, but the toy soldier had a more interesting intro (at least to me), what with him threatening the cops and entertaining Luffy. The gladiator guy clearly had an intro box just to show him off as the glorified fodder that he was.
Old 2013-03-28, 00:46   Link #45
james0246

Toy-man has epic one leg action. Can't bet much more One Piecy than that. Hopefully he (or should it be it?) will be more than just a guide or an exposition box. (Not saying I want him on the crew or anything, but he seems like fun.)
Old 2013-03-28, 01:50   Link #46
marvelB

^I.... don't really see a reason to doubt the fruit being artificial, seeing as it was even found on the same island where SAD was produced (which is the same substance used to make those imitation fruits in question). Plus, remember that Momo has great difficulty controlling his ability, which I would consider a good indicator that the dragon fruit was indeed a faulty experiment. At least, try comparing Momo to Kaku, who despite also not having perfect control of his zoan power, was at least capable of fighting in giraffe mode just a mere few hours or so after consuming his fruit.....
Old 2013-03-28, 02:15   Link #47
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Personally I'm not convinced that Momo's power is really artificial.
IIRC we got this info from some of CC's henchmen, who supposedly heard it from Ceasar himself. Too much uncertainty IMHO.
It could be very well possible, that it was a genuine fruit and Ceasar lied to prevent anyone from stealing it (IIRC he even said it was a failed experiment and wouldn't work at all).
noo, i want Dragon to wield original Dragon Zoan power
Old 2013-03-28, 06:52   Link #48
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Actually, if there is anyone who I can [i]potentially[i] see eating the fruit..... it would be Momonosuke. At least he's a unique case to begin with since his dragon zoan is an artificial power. So maybe it's possible to combine both "real" and "false" DF powers in one person. Plus, I feel it just makes sense for a dragon to have fire powers (plus, his dad already has a heat-type ability too, so like father, like son, I guess).
Now who's delusional?
Old 2013-03-28, 11:24   Link #49
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

are there still any supporters of luffy eating the fruit in the end like me??
Old 2013-03-28, 12:54   Link #50
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
are there still any supporters of luffy eating the fruit in the end like me??
I like the idea, but I want to downsize the effect from it so that Luffy would be able to manipulate fire, but would still be maintaining solid body. There must be some sort of drawback to it.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-03-28, 13:26   Link #51
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
I like the idea, but I want to downsize the effect from it so that Luffy would be able to manipulate fire, but would still be maintaining solid body. There must be some sort of drawback to it.
In that case, Luffy's hat should eat the fruit.
Old 2013-03-28, 15:49   Link #52
Somnus
Eh?

Since everyone's throwing theories about the Mera Mera around, mine's going to be, "Whoever eats the fruit is going to be the next Straw Hat." Here's hoping it's a girl. Though to be completely honest, I'm more interested in the personality the next Straw Hat is going to have. For a long-lasting character, I'm really excited to see what type of person Oda plans to mix into that wonderful mix/mess of pirates.

As awesome as Law is, you can kind of tell he'd never be a permanent member of the crew (if he wasn't a shichibukai/supernova/captain, etc.). Same with Hancock, much as I wanted her to be. It's kind of one of those things that are hard to describe, but their personalities are "too tame" to cruise with the crew for a prolonged period of time, hahaha.
Old 2013-03-28, 16:05   Link #53
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Does anyone else here find it silly how Doflamingo essentially "banked" on Luffy wanting to get the mera mera fruit? It's as though he had no other plans to lure Luffy into a trap, so he resorted to a plan where he would "hope" Luffy would take the bait. After all, he had no idea what kind of relationship Luffy and Ace had. This all just seems like a blind shot on his part; dependent on nothing but chance and luck. So far, he doesn't give me the impression of being the criminal mastermind that Crocodile was.
Old 2013-03-28, 16:29   Link #54
james0246

^Haki did it. Whenever you have questions in One Piece just rest assured that Haki did it and leave it at that...
Old 2013-03-28, 16:34   Link #55
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Now who's delusional?

Maybe, but I'd at least like to believe that my theory has a bit more thought and logic put into it than the typical "OMG ssj logia luffy!!!" post. Honestly, I feel that Momo's chances of eating the fruit are pretty darned low as well, but I still see him as a possibility (albeit a slight one) for the reasons I explained.

And c'mon, you're seriously gonna tell me that the clashing effects between a "real" and "fake" fruit in a single body isn't a legit interesting idea to explore? This isn't the same case as all those folks who keep denying the explanation we got about the effects of two REAL fruits during Enies Lobby.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Does anyone else here find it silly how Doflamingo essentially "banked" on Luffy wanting to get the mera mera fruit? It's as though he had no other plans to lure Luffy into a trap, so he resorted to a plan where he would "hope" Luffy would take the bait. After all, he had no idea what kind of relationship Luffy and Ace had. This all just seems like a blind shot on his part; dependent on nothing but chance and luck. So far, he doesn't give me the impression of being the criminal mastermind that Crocodile was.

Yeah, it IS kinda odd (though I'm still going with the idea that Luffy just wants to keep the fruit out of enemy hands). And imagine if Grey was right and Zoro and Sanji's current situations were also planned by Doflamingo. That would at least show that he understood THEIR weaknesses (Zoro's attachment to his swords, Sanji's perviness), so that makes the idea behind his trap for Luffy all the more confusing, I would agree. Like, I could more easily imagine that he would gain his attention by mentioning Sabo's name or something. Well, maybe a future chapter will explain Dofla's logic behind his trap, I guess.....
Old 2013-03-28, 16:38   Link #56
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
In that case, Luffy's hat should eat the fruit.
I like this idea. Which could then lead them looking for Dr. Vegapunk. Seeing he is the most knowladgeable about DFs.
Old 2013-03-28, 18:32   Link #57
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
To be fair, Luffy DID start that war at marinford for the sole purpose of saving Ace. I'd take that as a pretty close relationship.
Old 2013-03-28, 18:42   Link #58
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

I don't think is was 'silly', maybe not as 100% fail proof as some (including me) would have liked, sure, but I don't think it was 'silly'.

After all the world saw Luffy butt in the Summit War to rescue Ace and how he broke down when Ace died so it is not THAT far a stretch to bank that Luffy would try anything to get his hand on the DF. No plan are ever foolproof anyway, especially in battle tactics and strategies. As far as Dofla goes, that may be his best choice.

I mean what else can he really do? Having his people leaking a fake location of the factory and set up a trap there? That's no more realistic than Mera-Mera considering he can't guarantee they won't see through it. Besides, Dofla still not 100% sure what they are up to and that they are actually after the factory itself.

To me it was more of throw it out there and see if they bite. If they do great, if they don't, it's not worse than you started with. Though I think Dolfa, with his cockiness assume a, say, 70% success-rate plan as a 100% plan. But in the end, Luffy still took the bait, though I think Franky is having something up too because he seem to realize it's a bait but still encourage Luffy to take it since they don't have a lead anyway.

Either way, it still makes more logical sense compare to Sanji/Violet if Voilet ends up to be part of Dofla's trap as well for the same reason you describe. Sanji's weakness to women is an even harder to learn unless you are up close with him. Although I still think Violet is up to something.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:06   Link #59
marvelB

So hey, I've seen a theory floating around that I actually found kinda interesting due to how unlikely it seems: What if Violet is Fujitora? Again, I know this sounds really out there, but consider one thing: "Fuji" refers to the wisteria flower, whose colors include purple AND violet! So now there's a chance that either the blind man OR the woman currently seducing Sanji could be the new admiral (personally I'm still betting on the blind man, though ).
Old 2013-03-28, 23:00   Link #60
shalala

Quote:
So hey, I've seen a theory floating around that I actually found kinda interesting due to how unlikely it seems: What if Violet is Fujitora? Again, I know this sounds really out there, but consider one thing: "Fuji" refers to the wisteria flower, whose colors include purple AND violet! So now there's a chance that either the blind man OR the woman currently seducing Sanji could be the new admiral (personally I'm still betting on the blind man, though ).
If Fuji is Violet and she is the admiral thhhheeennnn this could mean that the old man could join Lucy's crew. I hope he is wise and also likes history because then Robin would have some to talk to about history.
Closed Thread