AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-05-21, 22:40   Link #2321
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Take away Strada's Durandal and he would easily lose to the Fallen Angel leaders.

Take away Issei's Boosted Gear and he would get thrashed by anybody.
I don't know if thats necessarily true if you take away his boost gear he can still use dragonification. Not to mention in vol.14 he took out those magicians with that ability. Honesty I think Strada would put up a good fight against fallen angel leaders with a sword.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 23:46   Link #2322
Lucidrago

You actually think a regular sword would be able to significantly damage them or would be able to block their attacks?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 00:01   Link #2323
XFire
150% done

Quote:
You actually think a regular sword would be able to significantly damage them or would be able to block their attacks?
He can channel enough energy through his fist to shatter Vali's armor, a sword should be capable of the same given its his chosen weapon.

He'd be less of a threat without Durandal's super cut everything powers, which he has to use for particularly dangerous attacks like Extinquish Star and Vali's full force aura blast, but he probably wouldn't need it for Fallen Angel Cadre's.
Old 2018-05-22, 00:25   Link #2324
Lucidrago

Can you prove he can do something like that? And can you prove the sword won't break from the power put into it.

Why wouldn't he need Durandal for the Fallen Angel leaders? Would his holy punch be any match for Barakiel's Holy Lightning?

Anyway let's move on. Since Team Black Satan was formed on Hades' instructions most likely, then what do you think Hades' wish will be. Maybe he'll wish for the heads of the Longinus possessors and Ajuka. Or maybe he'll wish for the entire Underworld to be put under his control. Makes you wonder what he plans to do since he has the four strongest mass-produced devils competing in the Azazel Cup.
Old 2018-05-22, 00:30   Link #2325
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Can you prove he can do something like that? And can you prove the sword won't break from the power put into it.

Why wouldn't he need Durandal for the Fallen Angel leaders? Would his holy punch be any match for Barakiel's Holy Lightning?

Anyway let's move on. Since Team Black Satan was formed on Hades' instructions most likely, then what do you think Hades' wish will be. Maybe he'll wish for the heads of the Longinus possessors and Ajuka. Or maybe he'll wish for the entire Underworld to be put under his control. Makes you wonder what he plans to do since he has the four strongest mass-produced devils competing in the Azazel Cup.
If you wanna move on, don't respond and just change the subject

Why wouldn't he be able to do what several weaker characters can do with their swords? Kiba can do it through any of his mass-produced swords. The fact that he can do it through his fist is treated as an exception, so him not being able to do a lesser version of the same technique would be weird.

And why would it break? When has that been a thing?
Old 2018-05-22, 03:21   Link #2326
Lucidrago

When I made it a thing.

Still Zeno is most likely a member of the progressive faction who is entirely loyal to Hades. So still wonder what that wish will be.

You got Dulio and Rudiger who want to wish for the Sacred Gear system. And then Sakra wants to wish for a war with Shiva. This is an interesting tournament did.

And Rias' wish would be to lift the cockblock the editors have put on Issei just so he can finally take her virginity.
Old 2018-05-22, 03:54   Link #2327
XFire
150% done

Quote:
When I made it a thing.

Still Zeno is most likely a member of the progressive faction who is entirely loyal to Hades. So still wonder what that wish will be.

You got Dulio and Rudiger who want to wish for the Sacred Gear system. And then Sakra wants to wish for a war with Shiva. This is an interesting tournament did.

And Rias' wish would be to lift the cockblock the editors have put on Issei just so he can finally take her virginity.
*straightens bowtie* NOW LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE--

Nah, I'll stop. And if our hopes for Shin's new editor come true, Rias may not need to win to get her wish.
Old 2018-05-22, 04:15   Link #2328
aw454wtr

Vali's wish would be for Ramen to be made mandatory meal 3 times a day
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 05:54   Link #2329
bashkim1234

Who will be in the semi finals ? Ise,Vali, Indira and the super devil who is stronger,than Orphis.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 06:43   Link #2330
EternalDragonGod Ise

We don`t know how strong Baalbirth is.
EternalDragonGod Ise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 08:01   Link #2331
syzorst
syzorst

Before I continue with the Roseweisse and Ravel match, I'd figure I give a bit of information about Vidar to those who were confused from Vol 25 Life: 2 as they were researching Typhon's team.

How strong is Vidar?

Spoiler:

So now we know how strong Vidar is.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 08:07   Link #2332
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Before I continue with the Roseweisse and Ravel match, I'd figure I give a bit of information about Vidar to those who were confused from Vol 25 Life: 2 as they were researching Typhon's team.

How strong is Vidar?

Spoiler:

So now we know how strong Vidar is.
Holy shit, Vidar was already that strong with just his boots? Added with Midgar armor he was literally the strongest fighter on Typhon's team. Even stronger than Typhon himself.. No wonder Issei was struggling against him.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 08:39   Link #2333
sbh1fr

well, what did you expect, Vidar is the only being that Fenrir fears.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 08:47   Link #2334
Lucidrago

Well then Ishibumi should have put Vidar in the Top 10 in the first place. If we're going to rank people, I'm including the regular weapons they use as that would be a part of their strength. Would you rank Xenovia without Durandal and Excalibur in the future?

If they regularly use the weapon then it should be including when ranking them.

Or maybe I'm guessing if it's something you can forget at the house then maybe It's not included among their strength.

And Balberith was stated to be Dragon God-class last time I checked the apoilers. Why do you think his number is 61616? That should be a dead giveaway.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-05-22 at 10:03.
Old 2018-05-22, 09:22   Link #2335
thefreakmike

Maybe Vidar was number 11 in a hypothetical Top 20?
Old 2018-05-22, 09:48   Link #2336
sbh1fr

that top10 isnt really general, i think it was only the top10 from Vali perspective.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 09:56   Link #2337
B214

Ishibumi mentioned that Sirzechs and Ajuka is in that list too so i believe it's general. Besides if it's from Vali's perspective then Great Red should be no. 1 not Ophis, since Vali's ultimate goal is Great Red not Ophis.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 11:29   Link #2338
bashkim1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalDragonGod Ise View Post
We don`t know how strong Baalbirth is.
Well we don't know how strong he is,but it was stated he could fight a dragon god.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 11:36   Link #2339
Sauron12561

@sbh1fr The Top 10 that we know of was given by Ishibumi in the afterword of volume 13, in response to many fans asking him who were in it and debating about it a lot, so we can assume that its a general list and not from the perspective of anyone character from the story. He also went on to say that the true form Sirzechs and a serious Ajuka belong in that list, as well as mentioning that its from before Ophis and Fenrir lost their power.
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 12:08   Link #2340
godz

with what we know of the top 10, is that sirzchez as ajuka in base are not top 10, but his way serious if ... can pass the same with viddar and boots, but this does not assure us if thor is top 10 with or without hammer

we should wait to see if another top 10 becomes stronger with its characteristic weapon ... see indra with vajra or hades with his helmet.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote