3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-03, 21:40   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Macross Delta - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Macross, Episode 23.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic and use the Macross Delta - Anime Spoilers, Speculation & Theories thread for speculation and theories not related to the current episode.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 09:13   Link #2
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 09:24   Link #3
Jingdot
Hoina!

Just so you know, the order I wrote this in is not chronologically right, it's just what I remember, roughly.
Spoiler:
Jingdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 11:30   Link #4
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingdot View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 12:10   Link #5
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Jingdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 12:48   Link #6
Mistyclear

Did anyone else get the feeling that when Roid said that the rest of them escaped (them being the Walkure (Mikumo in particular)) Keith didn't believe him, there was a long pause before Keith replied to Roid's statement .
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 13:00   Link #7
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

Keith is weary of Roid, that's for sure. Highlight of this episode for me was chibi Freyja singing. Now that's the kind of content I want. This is what I'm here for. I can die and go to heaven and be at peace now.

Anyway, I'm just sitting here wondering how we're going to tie this up in 3 episodes. Also, interesting to see Hayate's dad's VF
CriiGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 13:12   Link #8
Kazu-kun

Mikumo's character is just starting to develop and grow, and the show is already so close to the end. It feels like her development should have started earlier. Talk about wasted potential.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-09-04 at 14:20.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 13:23   Link #9
FlamingMangos

I'm pretty sure we'll get a movie considering there's no way for the anime series to wrap everything up unless there is a movie. I highly doubt we'll get any of the girls winning Hayate. I predict that Hayate will start piloting his dad's plane and he'll get the support of both Mirage and Freyja to succeed in the final fight and that'll just be it.

Last edited by FlamingMangos; 2016-09-04 at 13:58.
FlamingMangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 17:15   Link #10
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingMangos View Post
I'm pretty sure we'll get a movie considering there's no way for the anime series to wrap everything up unless there is a movie. I highly doubt we'll get any of the girls winning Hayate. I predict that Hayate will start piloting his dad's plane and he'll get the support of both Mirage and Freyja to succeed in the final fight and that'll just be it.
I'm hoping you're correct as neither the NUNs guy nor even Berger (even if he's a business man who isn't really on anyone's side (or an overall enemy) he still plays an important role as he's closest to knowing Roid's goal plus he cooperates with his experiments, so I hope he doesn't just get sidelined) has made an appearance in a while. I can only imagine that the series deals with Roid and the conflict between Windermere and Walkure/ Delta, and the movie would deal with Mikumo and her role plus the actual conflict between NUNs and Windermere (plus Berger) (at least I hope).
Old 2016-09-04, 17:54   Link #11
KongaKonga

Freyja singing Seikan Hikou make my heart go kyun kyun.. so adorable and cute...I hope they will release it ...I like her ver more than Ranka now haha
KongaKonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 18:04   Link #12
Mistyclear

Hmm?? No that I think about it, isn't this the first time a male has physically touched Mikumo (at least on screen) or am I wrong?

In other news saw a fan picture of Mikumo and Hayate holding hands and smiling at one another.... My impression was no... Just no.
Old 2016-09-04, 19:09   Link #13
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Bogue needs to die. And horribly realize in his final moments that he was wrong all along.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 19:49   Link #14
magnuskn

Been saying that all along.
Old 2016-09-04, 20:37   Link #15
HirouKeimou

I'll wait for subs for a full summary of my opinion on this episode.

For now, I'll summarize things I liked about this episode based on its raw.

The father plot device is finally coming into play on more than one area: Freyja talks about receiving her music player from a NUNS soldier from Earth (who has been foreshadowed as his father for a long time) and now there is legitimate proof that his father bombed Windermere (they have his freaking plane). Now, I don't mind this plot device coming out like so, what I do take issue with is: Considering how dimensional bombs go, how does Wright's plane not sustain any real damage from the explosion? How did anyone even grab his plane? How did he die? I'm really feeling an inconsistency that I hope the subs will clear up here because I don't know how anyone on Windermere a) killed Wright because his plane is in perfect condition, b) because of prior plane condition, captured him, and c) if he turned himself in (which is logical given his plane is okay), why it's never brought up.

Sorry if that's a lot of exposition for this increasingly large plot device.

I like how this episode is further establishing how much Hayate cares about Freyja as a person because his expressions are of concern each time she is remembering her home and she's a traitor who is unwelcome. And especially when he insists she sing (for her dead people) on the mountain overlooking the "scar" on Windermere. He knows how much her planet and people mean to her. That's not a bias for shipping; I generally believe he's a caring person and I like how this episode displays it like so.

Roid is an ass; it's all I'll add to our prior discussions. And I don't believe Bogue will die: I like to be optimistic about antagonists in Macross becoming protagonists by its resolve (like Brera in Frontier and Guld in Plus) so it's more than likely he and Keith will rise up and eliminate Roid before he can achieve his ultimate goal (of course, how it'll be discovered is likely to be interesting). For one, all this episode proves (in my eyes, especially) is Roid knows a little too much about Wright and could be concealing facts in order to maintain loyalty from the Aerial Knights. All the Aerial Knights need to know is Earth is their enemy and based on standard military protocol, this is generally okay: Give an enemy or target and soldiers will do as ordered even if there is no given or proven facts on how said person/people is your enemy.

For our triangle:
Spoiler for Next week preview speculation, I guess?:

I'll wait for subs to clarify all those plot holes I described in the Wright case. For now, it's an episode I waited literally 3 weeks for: An episode which finally hits on the Wright case for the first time since episode 17!

Not sure if I should wrap this all in spoilers since no one else discussing the episode is wrapping theirs in spoiler tags anymore...
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 20:50   Link #16
Mistyclear

^ If I heard correctly (as my Japanese is limited) it's not just his plane they found, they found his body in its cockpit, but like I said my Japanese is limited so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
Old 2016-09-04, 23:08   Link #17
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
^ If I heard correctly (as my Japanese is limited) it's not just his plane they found, they found his body in its cockpit, but like I said my Japanese is limited so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.
You heard and understood right. His corpse was in the cockpit when they first found it. Though, you could always go super conspiracy theory and say someone else found him first and killed him and didn't tell anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Hmm?? No that I think about it, isn't this the first time a male has physically touched Mikumo (at least on screen) or am I wrong?
If I remember correctly, she did touch the face of a Var-infected soldier in episode 1.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 23:22   Link #18
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Antares- View Post
You heard and understood right. His corpse was in the cockpit when they first found it. Though, you could always go super conspiracy theory and say someone else found him first and killed him and didn't tell anybody
Then it's more of a question of how he died or who killed him.

I'm speculating someone killed him outside of his cockpit (like he landed) and plopped him into the cockpit for someone to find later. Then again, like you said, it'd be another conspiracy to slap onto this mess of a series...

That said, his plane is in really good condition, and I don't believe Windermere is alright with fixing up his plane for show and tell of who is responsible for their "scar". So I don't believe he was shot down.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 02:24   Link #19
Falulu hime

The scene in which Freya sang in front of the crater / hole was my favorite. While volatile nature of Bogue did not intervene. I knew he was such a character, but it probably was not fair to Freya. Of course Roid was on the side of Bogue.
In this episode Mikumo was so sweet at times showed so innocent expressions. Selfless, courageous. While naturally Roid did not catch her.
Ignorance all are waiting to find out who will choose Hаyatе. From the beginning of the season. But I am curious with who will be Mikumо. She will not be with Hаyatе. I have no desire love triangle turn into a square / rectangle.
I know Mikumo still maturing. But it is possible right now for someone to win her heart. I have someone in mind, but it not Roid.
I want to hear your suggestions.
Falulu hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 07:25   Link #20
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I think someone Haytate dad was frame for the bomb, he probably tired to get the bomb away from everyone but someone remote control the bomb explosion. I bet roid and the older knights know the truth about it but keep bury.