AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-07, 15:44   Link #35201
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
Private Messaging it. I'll send it your way if you're interested.
Please.

Wordcount
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:46   Link #35202
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
My story, Section Thirteen, takes place a couple years after StrikerS.

Here's a link to it, since you'll never be able to find it otherwise. I'm basically the anti-Nanya when it comes to updating.
We're all anti-Nanyas compared to Nanya's updating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Still alive and kicking, and with plans for updating Shadowverse sometime soon. Sad to say this place has lost a lot of appeal for me recently, but I'll still come on to update stuff.
RB? Updating? *shock*

:k I kid. I hope you'll stick around to still read MercenarieS, at least, The Collared's third chapter will be done soon.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:47   Link #35203
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
RB? Updating? *shock*
I don't wanna hear that from you.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:50   Link #35204
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
We're all anti-Nanyas compared to Nanya's updating.
So...

What you're saying is...

If you guys tried to get close to my updating, everything would explode messily?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 15:52   Link #35205
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So...

What you're saying is...

If you guys tried to get close to my updating, everything would explode messily?
I think they're saying that trying to update like you do would cause the fabric of time and space, and thus reality, to go "*boom*".
Old 2011-12-07, 15:55   Link #35206
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
I think they're saying that trying to update like you do would cause the fabric of time and space, and thus reality, to go "*boom*".
I want so badly to say 'Challenge Accepted', but I'd die before I could even come close to that kind of speed.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:57   Link #35207
Lycodrake

Quote:
I want so badly to say 'Challenge Accepted', but I'd die before I could even come close to that kind of speed.
Well, don't do anything that would kill you like that. Unless of course you can come back after that...either way I wouldn't recommend it. XP
Old 2011-12-07, 16:04   Link #35208
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Quote:
Well, don't do anything that would kill you like that. Unless of course you can come back after that...either way I wouldn't recommend it. XP
You'd have to toss my corpse into the forge for a few decades.

Nanya is on a level that few can hope to match or beat.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:07   Link #35209
Lycodrake

Quote:
You'd have to toss my corpse into the forge for a few decades.

Nanya is on a level that few can hope to match or beat.
Which forge would that be? Because there are a few that you *could* mean...

Nanya sets a bar that few can match. I mean, just the very premise of BTF is tough to match.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:12   Link #35210
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Quote:
Which forge would that be? Because there are a few that you *could* mean...

Nanya sets a bar that few can match. I mean, just the very premise of BTF is tough to match.
It the same one that I pull stories out of. You might have seen the building next door. It's really hard to miss. Tall, black, spiky, has a giant eye of fire on the top?

Rent is a little expensive, but it covers garbage pickup and utilities. The landlord even lets me keep a cat.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:17   Link #35211
Lycodrake

Quote:
It the same one that I pull stories out of. You might have seen the building next door. It's really hard to miss. Tall, black, spiky, has a giant eye of fire on the top?

Rent is a little expensive, but it covers garbage pickup and utilities. The landlord even lets me keep a cat.
Must be pretty tough living in a volcanic region, with all the fumes and stuff...glad to know you get to keep a pet, and a cat at that.
Then again, I'm cozy in my castle-tower with my horde of books and blankets and pillows...

In other news, I might have stumbled upon a crossover that could work out well for Yuuno. Or could give him nightmares that scar his very soul...heh. XD
Of course, I guess Riksfalto covers the idea anyway...oh well. XP

Last edited by Lycodrake; 2011-12-07 at 16:49.
Lycodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:45   Link #35212
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
And here comes the finale!

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance Healing Twins Advice History Onwards Cycle Playdate Forging Meetings Search Valkyrie News

BTF Omakes:

Old Iron Omakes 1, 2, 3 Mr Snuggles Omake Oh Bandit Tree Old Iron Omakes 4, 5

Coda 1-10

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek Finale - Coda End:
Me: Looks like Sette got the trail but still not willing to pursue it yet.

Odin: They're gonna report it first to the good o'le doctor before the kid get the report.

Amy: Being a young gun and a insecure, Teana might rush to her death if she ever find out about the Mazoku.

Me: Well, the cool down of the "White Nightmare" will be sufficient enough to kept her from her early grave when it happens.

Sarah: And looks like the corruption is just spreading fast, now with a Mazoku in the mix.

Val: Great! More problems to solve... Do anyone wish a Chaos enpowered Divine Buster in Blaster 3 to smite Quattro/Levi, please say Aye.

Everyone, including some of the people in RL: AYE!
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...

Last edited by mega1987; 2011-12-07 at 16:57.
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 17:13   Link #35213
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Yup, but more specifically, the Hayate x Vivio Files take place after the Force time-frame, but so far I'm writing it without Force in continuity. Hayate's rank and position doesn't match up with what she had in Force, and since I haven't read all of Force I didn't want to get details wrong by including it.
You might also want to mention that the other half of the HxV Files main duo have neither read Force nor Vivid. She has, in fact, not even seen the first season of the anime but only the movie.

The half who's name starts with a S and ends with a -higan.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 18:49   Link #35214
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
D'aaaw, Hayate. A little slow on the uptake there, but sweet all the same, and it's nice to see her finally admit it to herself.

(Yes, I am way slow. Shut up.)
RB!!!!!!!! *glomps* Nice to see you're alive, or at least alive until the end of finals? (*sobs in corner in dread of finals....*)

Heh, poor Hayate is coming to realize that she loves Vivio not just in the "warm fuzzies and butterflies in stomach" kind of way, but in the "I'll bring you soup when you're sick, play hooky from work, and race across aeroports just to give you a goodbye hug when I'm supposed to be on lunch break" kind of way .

(Better late than never? *innocent look*)

Quote:
Still alive and kicking, and with plans for updating Shadowverse sometime soon. Sad to say this place has lost a lot of appeal for me recently, but I'll still come on to update stuff.
Nice to hear that Shadowverse will be updated soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
You might also want to mention that the other half of the HxV Files main duo have neither read Force nor Vivid. She has, in fact, not even seen the first season of the anime but only the movie.

The half who's name starts with a S and ends with a -higan.
LOL, wonder who that is supposed to be???

I haven't finished reading all of ViVid myself either, so yeah, the last two works are probably only going to be minimally alluded to, if at all. I'm pretty sure that we destroyed canon continuity with our stories already .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:07   Link #35215
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Quote:
:k I kid. I hope you'll stick around to still read MercenarieS, at least, The Collared's third chapter will be done soon.
What is this MercenarieS story you speak of?
Old 2011-12-07, 19:33   Link #35216
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7148388/1/MGLN_The_Collared

Will be renamed upon the third chapter's completion.
Old 2011-12-07, 19:47   Link #35217
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ah... It's good to be young again, and updating fast. But alas, time waited for no man.

Quote:
Sounds interesting, though I'm wondering what you mean by "Jodinmir", where such a story would go, and how this connects to the usual Nanoha-verse...
I hate you Marvel for polluting my research! The planet is called Niflheimr and according to TSAB records that dimension doesn't exist ever since it was destroyed during the Second Founding (Olivier Segebrecht era) by planetary exterminates.

The heavy Asgardian themes draws from Hayate's Norse spells which I took to imply that somewhere back in the day, Yggdrasil and the Nine Realms existed. So I picked one of the worlds, and subverted it.

Even before its "destruction", Nilfheimr was already a dead world. With no orbiting sun, life on the planet was either dead, or transformed. The people on Nilfheimr followed their Saint King and turned their bodies from flesh and blood to adaptive magisteel, becoming what would be called the Frost Giants on a world of ice, steel and death. So did their enemies from the Dark Heresy, and for three hundred years they fought an endless war. Olivier's intervention only placed that war on hold...

Fast forward to present day Midchilda. A young mage raiding his home's shack for trinkets to build his first device finds a simple cross. He inadvertably activates it, and discovers that it was a machine frame device! He rushes to school to show off...

...but doesn't know that he has alerted the Frost Giants.

And some are hiding in plain sight.

So! There you have it. Mecha and a shonen fic masquerading as a magical girl fanfic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I guess you won't include Thor or Loki into the mix, because those two are too insanely broken to be in a story with Nanoha characters. Unless they end up fighting each other at the climax with the Nanoha characters taking care of the Mini-boss squad and the mooks xD
I'd be including Loki as [Evil Genius] and leader of the other guys, just not like the MARVEL incarnation. Haven't decided who's leader of the nicer guys, though Shah ______ is on my list due to Alhazredian origins.

Quote:
Actually, Thor isn't nearly as broken as some people think, or at how he is in the original myths. But I know what you mean, considering Marvel and other portrayals of him.
Loki...well, if you have lead or iron weapons, he's a lot easier an opponent than you'd think...
I'm just saying these things from what I know about Norse mythology (mythology being one of my favorite subjects *ever*)...
Thor: Pika...chuuuuuu!!

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
You're right, it's easy to assume he's insanely powerfull, by Marvel standards, Thor will be able to rip Deville of Huckebein apart with his bare fists if he fights at full strenght. And Mjolnir make's Graf Eisen to look like a squeaky toy hammer and the War Hammer to look like a toothpick ...a used toothpick.

This could be funny if the "Iron" in Vita's "Knight of the IRON Hammer" title turns out to be literal xD!
Quote:
Well, even with that major weakness of his, Loki still has shapeshifting and destructive magic on his side. But I know what you mean. Vita defeating Loki sounds hilarious but good to me. XD
And in this world, Loki the Trickster, Lesser of the Old Gods, has given his giants the same gift, allowing them to walk amongst us, hiding in plain sight.
Old 2011-12-08, 05:23   Link #35218
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

The crossover thread inspired me to tried a once buried idea, a crossover between MSLN and Command & Conquer. I manage to work up a prologue, but I'm still not sure about it and there are some points I'm considering to rewrite. Oh well, let's give it a try anyway.

Spoiler for Prologue:
Old 2011-12-08, 08:18   Link #35219
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Uh, I could never imagine CnC together with Nanoha no matter what. Nanoha is already pretty idealistic in its own way, but CnC is just off the scales; no matter how military it tries to be I can never get serious with the game...
Old 2011-12-08, 08:22   Link #35220
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Uh, I could never imagine CnC together with Nanoha no matter what. Nanoha is already pretty idealistic in its own way, but CnC is just off the scales; no matter how military it tries to be I can never get serious with the game...
Yeah, same here. CnC is one of the tactical games I grew up playing, but despite attempts to stay serious, I could never end up doing it...
Also, if we go by CnC mechanics or rules, Hayate and Nanoha would pretty much be OP, Hayate because of her AoE attacks, and Nanoha because of Starlight Breaker.

And this idea probably would fit better under the crossover thread anyway, unless it would just be Nanoha-verse characters...don't know for sure, though.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha