AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-06, 07:09   Link #201
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

My opinion is that this is a turning point in the Clare/Priscilla battle but both will survive...

Priscilla i think will flee, she has wings and can fly, Clare despite or maybe because she fused with the destroyer can not. Since the fight will leave both grievously injured, it sets up the story for the final hunt... maybe on the other continent?

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2010-07-06, 08:12   Link #202
haegar
mangaviking

hm. at the moment I don't quite know whether I want the story to turn to the mainland. It has some appeal because it means the story goes longer, but right now I would prefer it if things stayed more or less in THIS storyline. There is so much still left open OTHER than this momentous clash between Prissy Clare and the Destroyer, I want those things either wrapped up properly or made to fit into the mainland arc nicely:

Raki, what happened to him? The Org doesn't sleep...and the longer we don't hear from Raki the higher the chances that they turn him into...well...SOMETHING .... whatever that might mean for the overall story

Than there's Rubel. He has a certain apptitude for appearing out of nowhere to stir up HUGE trouble. His absence makes me worried. Even more so, since it was kinda implied the Org might be up to him being a double-agent. I expect we'll see him again in the nearer future after this fight, and I wouldn't be surprised if he approached the ghosts again. They are pretty much the only potential allies he has left on the island - not bein friends ...but hey the enemy of my enemy ....

Ands than there's Miria ... couple of chapter back there was a lot of speculation if she might try sneaking into the Org's headquarters - guess we might find out rather soon, cause she might show at the fight with Galatea or whoever else is left out so far....

SOoo... I think there might be some 3 to 5 more fight chapters, depending on how much space Yagi takes for introspective episodes into the fusion thing - like the chapter on the Raph/Clare mindfight - and then maybe another five to resolve the aftermath and loose ends ... and then maybe with Rubel stirring things up again the mainland or other folks from there might be introduced

Last edited by haegar; 2010-07-07 at 03:53. Reason: spelling :heh:
Old 2010-07-06, 08:14   Link #203
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
Bigger:

Spoiler for size:

I don't really know if this is true or not. But guys... Claymore 2... Berserk Ultimate.

Yeah had the same reaction to both possible shows. Though Vinland Saga and Baccanno 2 also got me happy. Thankfully I read Evil_Kenshin's edits before flipping out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
If this is true i'd be happy not only Claymore but Berserk and Vinland saga

just the same surprised nothings been mentioned on forums up to now so i'll hold off getting excited though wonder what they mean only "half remake" does it mean they will start pieta again?

seems an odd way to do things since their only negating the last few eps rather than all the mistakes they made (wanted to see the scene where Raki kids Cid in the balls animated lol)

edit: nothing appears in google regarding berserk ultimate, perhaps its likely to be fake

edit 2: its fake

https://chartfag.wordpress.com/

"Those “Fall 2010″ charts that are going around are fake, in case you guys don’t know . _.

However, The World God Only Knows, Sock Monkey Loves You, Hack Link, Hakuoki 2, Bakuman and Deadman Wonderland are planned to become anime, as far as I know"
Thanks for saving me from a fatal nose bleed.
Old 2010-07-06, 08:31   Link #204
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Yeah had the same reaction to both possible shows. Though Vinland Saga and Baccanno 2 also got me happy. Thankfully I read Evil_Kenshin's edits before flipping out.

Thanks for saving me from a fatal nose bleed.
It's too bad it isn't true, but on the other hand the problem with the prior Claymore anime season was that they began it too early and panicked when they began running low on material towards the end. I'd be curious to know if Chapter 65 had come out during or before production, as that would have been key to their decision on the ending. My guess is that they'd seen Chapter 61 but hadn't seen the as-yet-incomplete Chapter 65, and thus panicked when they thought the main characters had all been killed off by the author.

I suppose that would explain the atrocious ending, but perhaps someone else can enlighten me as to why a perfectly good plot was deviated from.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-07-06, 08:47   Link #205
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
It's too bad it isn't true, but on the other hand the problem with the prior Claymore anime season was that they began it too early and panicked when they began running low on material towards the end. I'd be curious to know if Chapter 65 had come out during or before production, as that would have been key to their decision on the ending. My guess is that they'd seen Chapter 61 but hadn't seen the as-yet-incomplete Chapter 65, and thus panicked when they thought the main characters had all been killed off by the author.

I suppose that would explain the atrocious ending, but perhaps someone else can enlighten me as to why a perfectly good plot was deviated from.
You're right... of course.

Just that the fan in me jumped for joy without thinking it through fully. (I'll blame it on just waking up )
Old 2010-07-06, 09:18   Link #206
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Probably for closure, the anime studio only had the right to make so many episodes so what better way to finish it off than have a happy ending. Clare gets her own form of vengence (beating Priscilla) and reuinites with Raki so both her two goals completed.

don't get me wrong I wish they had followed the manga but if they only have the right to do so many eps they can't really afford to leave it unanswered (which is why to me berserks anime ending was more atrocious it left things unanswered)
Old 2010-07-06, 09:41   Link #207
Joe_fh

Booo~ Fake :/ And I was so happy for a moment there seeing all the great titles
Oh well it was indeed too good to be true so you could say it was expected to be fake.

Anyways... Cyclone thanks for the translation^^ I was on Shiek's side at that time if I remember correctly
And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Deneve say that Clare was going to stop "that" (the Destroyer) ? I said this earlier but is it possible that the Destroyer's "will" was taken from Clare back when it awoke? (just after the talk with Raphaela) In other words that her hatred for Prissy is what made the Destroyer son uncaring for life and simply wanting to destroy. Clare herself said that the only thing she wanted to do was kill Prissy which means everything else was just "going with the flow" until that time comes.
However, if she was trying to stop it how come those 3 faces showed up? They can't appear from that kind of thing, unless the Destroyer is was formed by Clare's desire to kill Prissy, her promise to Ophelia and wanting revenge for Teresa which are a whole lot of emotions and yet Prissy said the Destroyer didn't have any (sort of since she said the ones that were pouring out of it just suddenly stopped...doesn't mean there weren't any left). Either way having all those emotions when it was first created would be different than just wanting to kill since it would have a specific target - Prissy and yet it wasn't at all that focused when it should have senced her in her fight agianst Beth and Alicia.

Basically I have no idea wht Deneve meant by that. We have those 3 faces forming around Prissy meaning all of Clare's feelings taking shape, we have CtD attacking Prissy while avoiding hitting Deneve and Helen so one could safely assume she has taken control over the Destroyer and is now preparing to kick Prissy's "behind". I'm not too sure how I feel about Prissy getting killed by a giant mass of black gue with Teresa's face so I believe Yagi will surprise us yet again and thus avoiding Prissy or Clare dying.

I also agree that Clare Raki and Prissy have to meet again or at least there should be something that puts their bonds to the test. Raki has spent a lot of time with both Prissy and Isley and I don't think that will just end with Prissy "keeping" him just because the scent on him reminded her of something. At least I don't think he ever looked at their "relationship" like that and I think he still cares about her and of course he cares for Clare as well. meaning they should all wind up in the same place at one point imo.

On a side note it's kind of strange how I come up with something and after that I come up with something that basically says "the previous idea sounds kind of dumb"
Old 2010-07-06, 09:44   Link #208
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Hmm...
Raki Fanatasism is a horrible thing.
It's not only misguided, but practiced by cowards.
If you're going to neg rep me, at least have the guts to sign it. Yes, I will probably be more inclined to to neg rep any unwise comments from you in defense of him, but that's fair no? Oh - you like you rep points? Well, maybe you should give the golden rule a try then?

When I use official zero-wing and ogre-ese translations for him, I feel it adds more color to his character. You know - showing the real him. There are hundreds of ways a particular line can be translated based on context, character traits, and so on. For example, Raki is too stupid to say "What is it, that thou hast saideth?" - it just doesn't suit him. Yet, at word level, it's no less accurate than what said. But if we take the character into account - i.e. too daft to string a sentence together, we see clearly that my translation was much better.

And yes, this is to taunt you - you can't neg rep me again until spread around your hate a bit more - nya-nya nya-nya nya nya!
Old 2010-07-06, 09:51   Link #209
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Hmm...
If you're going to neg rep me, at least have the guts to sign it. Yes, I will probably be more inclined to to neg rep any unwise comments from you in defense of him, but that's fair no? Oh - you like you rep points? Well, maybe you should give the golden rule a try then?

When I use official zero-wing and ogre-ese translations for him, I feel it adds more color to his character. You know - showing the real him. There are hundreds of ways a particular line can be translated based on context, character traits, and so on. For example, Raki is too stupid to say "What is it, that thou hast saideth?" - it just doesn't suit him. Yet, at word level, it's no less accurate than what said. But if we take the character into account - i.e. too daft to string a sentence together, we see clearly that my translation was much better.

And yes, this is to taunt you - you can't neg rep me again until spread around your hate a bit more - nya-nya nya-nya nya nya!
Waiting for the show to start. This should be good... if the other person shows that is...

They really neged that translation you did... glad I pos repped that same post for the time you spent doing it for us. Much appreciated, regardless of the Raki hate (I'm Raki neutral btw... neither hate nor love for him)
Old 2010-07-06, 09:57   Link #210
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Deneve say that Clare was going to stop "that" (the Destroyer) ? I said this earlier but is it possible that the Destroyer's "will" was taken from Clare back when it awoke?
It's possible which would explain deneve's whole "clare spoke like it was a division of her" comment but at the same time theoretically from the beginning the destroyer would of been the same regardless of Clare being there or not (a destructive beast).

Quote:
Hmm...
I will say that was me who neg repped you but the reason my name was not included is because it did not fit within the text box limit of rep (not my fault I actually did try to fit it in but the full name would not fit so left it out)

the reason I neg repped you is due to needless hate (as in literally every post you post of Raki has to include some derogatory term which goes over the top) I don't just do this with Raki but needless and excessive hate of any character is something I don't agree with so I neg if its an ongoing issue. If you wish to hate a character thats fair enough but you don't have to do it in such a flamboyant manner and remind everyone of your hatred every time you post about said character.

go and start neg repping me on all my posts if you wish but I stand by what I said in the neg rep (was not responsible for the other rep you complained about but was for this one).

sorry if you don't agree but it annoys me when people post in that style especially for ridiculous reasons (blaming a human for not being able to sense the destroyer for example which is why I negged). I'm not going to continue arguing and I expect you to neg rep me so whatever do what you please.

Last edited by evil_kenshin; 2010-07-06 at 10:15.
Old 2010-07-06, 10:45   Link #211
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

*stares in disbelief....

Guys....stop being babies, will you? I didn't even read Raki's line which Cyclone translated because it wasn't the important part I wanted.

For crying out loud, of all the reasons to fight about....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Teapot
1) The Destroyer has some kind of insatiable hunger, right? That's why it shot out hellcats and its rods seem to react with things that use Yoki? Or is just absorbing living things (like trees) for fun?
2) Was The Destroyer setting some kind of trap for Priscilla? Did it sense her power and want her to come to it?
3) The Destroyer itself... is it that entire black mass? If so, how did it become so big!?
4) Do you think Priscilla will be able to beat it? Will its anti-regeneration aura/wound thing impede her regeneration enough to kill her?
5) Is this the "power up" Clare needed?
6) How much do you miss Miria and Galatea!? Bring them back!
1) It's difficult to say...we know now that, since it does indeed have sentience, that it does have a hunger and need to eat to survive like everything else, it just doesn't even care about it so says Priscilla.

Raciella probably IS nigh-insatiable like Priscilla is, but the difference is, Raciella wouldn't care to starve herself to death and that seems to be how she works. Now, does that mean it absorbs living things(so says Sherlock Deneve) out of fun, or out of need to live....I have a feeling it's both to be honest. I have a feeling that it was thinking about fun, but what it eats to survive are living things.

2) How do you mean exactly? Explain your thoughts a bit more clearly.

3) Who knows - I'm assuming, since their is seemingly a break in-between 104 and 105, that Priscilla attacked Raciella "with her full power" and reduced her to that state...such an attack should have killed her on the spot though...

Yeah, it's weird. Perhaps Raciella managed to escape and enclosed herself in that cyclone shape to better defend herself. Either way, Defense is definitely the best reason why she looks that way, whether or not Priscilla attacked her after all.

4) Nope, 105 basically confirmed that; She was grazed in the shoulder and Priscilla had zero-reaction to it. It's possible now, that she just isn't showing any reaction, but it sure doesn't seem that way.

It was always a battle between how fast Raciella can absorb, vs Priscilla's regeneration....and since the latter seems to be the winner, Raciella needs a trump card(or a miracle) to survive this one. Which, while I am in no way saying this will actually happen, could be Claire.

But yes, since Priscilla seems to not be affected, this all but confirms that Raciella as is, can't beat Priscilla, which makes sense when you remember that Raciella is only supposed to be in the range of 2-3x AO, and Priscilla is 3-4xAO.

5) *sigh, Who knows. I don't like to promote this whole Claire/Raciella fusion whatchamacallit - not that I don't like it, but because none of us can predict the future, and the whole idea sounds a bit silly to me. If this really does end up happening though, I feel I should also point out that neither of them are happy or doing it because they want too.....Claire wants to merge with Raciella to have the power to beat her(assuming, again, everything happens as it should which is a miracle of miracles to me), and Raciella is doing it to survive...they both need eachother to survive and beat Priscilla, so it's more like a mutual need.

I will also point out, again, in regards to what Malak said, that we have no idea how powerful Claire would be if she fully-awakened. It's an If if she has a Teresa-style-blackbox, and it's an If if the power unlocked is strong enough to match or beat Priscilla since that argument in itself is part of the Teresa vs Priscilla debate, in which I personally believe Priscilla matched or was superior to Teresa.

So even if I'm wrong, and all these things end up happening, it would only put Claire and Priscilla on relatively equal ground, not suddenly make Claire the Queen of the Universe and stomp Priscilla's head on the ground. Of course though, that's alot of stretches and a ton of miracles.

6) Yes, Yagi has a ton of making up to do, because we haven't seen the Rabona gals in ages.
Old 2010-07-06, 10:52   Link #212
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Honesty is appreciated.
Seriously - there are 2 things you can count on in any of my posts which address either subject:
1) Any post referencing Galatea-sama, will reference her with all the respect due to her status as a goddess.
2) Almost any post referencing Raki will treat him with the disrespect he deserves.

I don't really plan on changing either, so I'm afraid you'll have to ignore these little idiosyncrasies of mine. Don't take them personally.
Truce?

And thanks @Ryus - much appreciated.
Old 2010-07-06, 10:55   Link #213
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Honesty is appreciated.
Seriously - there are 2 things you can count on in any of my posts which address either subject:
1) Any post referencing Galatea-sama, will reference her with all the respect due to her status as a goddess.
2) Almost any post referencing Raki will treat him with the disrespect he deserves.

I don't really plan on changing either, so I'm afraid you'll have to ignore these little idiosyncrasies of mine. Don't take them personally.
Truce?
fair enough deal (though I don't agree with the Raki part but its your choice about who you like or hate)
Old 2010-07-06, 11:06   Link #214
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Honesty is appreciated.

Truce?

And thanks @Ryus - much appreciated.
What can I say I hearing what the Japanese text originally said. I've know you long enough to know the things you do that make you, well... you. I can edit out your opinion myself if I so choose. Though I understand Evil Kenshins dislike of all character hate posts... I tend to agree but in this case I cared far more about the translation.

Boring show though... no one was disemboweled
Old 2010-07-06, 11:10   Link #215
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
What can I say I hearing what the Japanese text originally said. I've know you long enough to know the things you do that make you, well... you. I can edit out your opinion myself if I so choose. Though I understand Evil Kenshins dislike of all character hate posts... I tend to agree but in this case I cared far more about the translation.

Boring show though... no one was disemboweled
Roflmao, I didn't even notice Raki's translation, much less care about it...and while I am a fan of his, I honestly laughed at what Cyclone wrote because he sounds like a Spanish person trying to speak English(Engrish) .
Old 2010-07-06, 11:15   Link #216
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Good thing you reached a deal, I just can't understand why people get so fussy about the rep issue. Having moar green dots on your profile doesn't make your penis/tits grow bigger, ya know. About the 'Cyclone hates Raki' issue, well, he's been hating him all the time I've been here so in the end you get used to it Raki fans can just wait to the chapter when he'll be reunited with Clare, if something "nice" happens you can always make a demotivational inspired by this one.

Regarding this months' chapter, I don't really want to even speculate about what's gonna happen. Priscilla fighting against a huge mass with lots of tentacles is quite close to my concept of 'anticlimatic', but let's see how Yagi develops this (and honestly, I hope he has planned this fight well, because some of the last chapters have given me the sensation he was just gaining time to clarify ideas).
Old 2010-07-06, 11:21   Link #217
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Good thing you reached a deal, I just can't understand why people get so fussy about the rep issue. Having moar green dots on your profile doesn't make your penis/tits grow bigger, ya know.
.....Eww Korinov, you didn't have to go there .

But I 100% agree with you, he was DEFINITELY passing the time trying to get a clearer idea of where it wants to go recently. Whether this was because he went on vacation, or lost his footing, who knows, but he definitely slipped up.

Since 104 had so much, I'm hoping he's back on track .
Old 2010-07-06, 11:32   Link #218
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
Bigger:

Spoiler for size:

I don't really know if this is true or not. But guys... Claymore 2... Berserk Ultimate.

OMG GREAT Fake Chart , hope for true
Old 2010-07-06, 13:20   Link #219
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I want the source of the image they used for Claymore in that fake out there. It looks awesome.
Old 2010-07-06, 13:30   Link #220
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I want the source of the image they used for Claymore in that fake out there. It looks awesome.
deviantart.net by RobDuenas http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...ymore#/d2e3lie

Spoiler for size:

I also own the copy of the Play magazine that was in.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-07-06 at 13:45.
Closed Thread