AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 16:00   Link #1
Kunagisa

Kowarekake no Orgel

This anime's FREAKING AWESOME. Too bad it's so short. Quite the hidden gem I would say.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 21:30   Link #2
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Just watched this...I enjoyed it, was expecting it to be more of a heart-breaker, but it was pretty good. A bit short, like others have mentioned, only a 25 minute OVA, but it's an interesting premise, and does well for the 25 minutes it has to develop characters etc.

So a good watch, and if you have time, i'd recommend it . It's pretty interesting.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 05:31   Link #3
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Wow, that was really sweet. It's not easy to tell a moving story in 25 minutes. They did a good job. The characters were a little weird looking, but the backgrounds were very colorful.

I sure would like me one of them... peyarentsu??? I wonder what they cost. I liked the look of that purple one. And it was smart, too. Not like that half-broken one. But he did get it for nothing.

So what, he turned it into a music box? He could have salvaged a nifty coat rack out of the rest too. But then, he already paid for the trash sticker.

Coincidentally, I just finished NHK ni Youkoso, another romance between broken people with a hopeful uplifting ending. Did you ever notice how things come in groups?

Chobits, Mahoromatic, Chokotto Sister.
Old 2010-07-16, 20:22   Link #4
chaos_animagic

Since there's no "general talk" thread for this series... I'll just talk in here...

I had pushed back watching this for a while since I was watching other animes and dramas that came out... (that and was waiting for the subs, LOL)

Anyways... it was really touching, she was soooo cute too.

Also... it's actually Parents (their brand name was English...)
They're called Parents because they do the chores (which at most times is the parents jobs) - even tho the Parents are Mecha Lolis... which just adds more humor, LOL.

And... he turn it into a music box because of the memories of his dead sister and because Flower wanted to sing with him, but wasn't able to.
So... he turn the main part (which was those 2 wheels) into a music box as it makes music (sings) while he plays his guitar as a duet.

Salvaging the other parts as a coat rack seems cruel... I mean... do you turn your dead pet's fur into clothing after?

There's other anime you didn't mention that also have mecha girl following/ doing the chores
~~ DearS (have some romance, but in the end they are actually "Slave/Sex dolls")
~~ Hand Maid May (tho... she's the size of a figure doll)
~~ Koharu Biyori (funny... ecchi master with fetishes for dolls)
There are many others, but these are all the ones I could think up of for now.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 01:54   Link #5
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Coincidentally, I just watched this again yesterday, while archiving my hard drive. Reading my previous comments, I'm surprised I could have been so cruel.

This really is a very moving show, and I recommend it. But being just 25 minutes, I guess there's not enough time to develop a strong empathy with the characters.

The robot maid (usually a warrior too) has a long tradition in anime; Steel Angel Kurumi is the first I can remember.

Coincidentally again, I have all the shows you mentioned. The only one I liked was Hand Maid May.
Old 2010-07-30, 08:31   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Only five posts in this thread? This OVA truly is a hidden gem.

Finally got around to watching this. I loved it, that was a cute and touching little story. They did a great job with so little time. And Flower was so cute... ;_;

Old 2010-07-30, 10:08   Link #7
Echoes

This was pretty damn incredible for a single-episode OVA. They established the setting and delved into the characters at a nice pace, leaving just enough for us to assume and discover on our own.

Flower was indeed tremendously cute. Such a wonderful character design alone makes this worthy of a longer series in my eyes. Speaking of wonderful, the backgrounds were very detailed and beautiful, especially in the city. Reminded me a little bit of the original Ghost in the Shell movie in that regard. Great job on the voicework, too.

Spoiler for Ending spoilers:
Old 2010-08-02, 13:42   Link #8
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
Is anyone planning on rewatching it when the theatrical release comes out in September? I'm not sure what extra footage they're planning on adding, but I'm slightly curious. The whole thing is quite impressive for a doujin, although I suppose the only real difference between this and commercial OVAs is the funding; I'm pretty sure most of the staff have worked on other anime before.
Old 2010-12-27, 03:45   Link #9
Kagayaki

Oh my god, this is good. Not in spite of its length, but because of it.

They took a storyline that could've been expanded into a 12 episode anime, stripped it down, and crammed it into about a half-hour, and the result was fantastic. The purity of the storytelling is wonderful: every scene has a purpose and fleshes out the plot, the world, or the characters and their pasts.

It's great to see characters rounded out and given growth in such a short time, especially when there are so many shows out there that fail at one or both of these despite having many times the length.

The way all these details are revealed is showing rather than telling at its finest. So much is unspoken but implied, and it really makes for a rich viewing experience.

Spoiler:

Even though Kowarekake no Orgel may be worthy of a longer series, I love it just the way it is.

Spoiler:

If anyone is reading this thread and hasn't decided whether or not to watch the show, just do it. It's only 28 minutes of your time in exchange for a really well told story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Quite the hidden gem I would say.
Most certainly
Old 2011-03-11, 19:09   Link #10
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Just finished watching this OVA a while ago... and loved it to death.

Since everyone else already mentioned how well the whole thing was fleshed out in such a short time, really inspiring and meaningful, etc. I really don't have much to say about it left. Would've been nice if it were a one-hour more or so but it's really fine the way it is anyway.
Spoiler:

Also, someone here mentioned an extended movie version right?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 20:15   Link #11
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Just watched it. My God, I was surprised on how decent it was, despite only being half an hour long.

Spoiler:

Now, where's the movie?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 06:19   Link #12
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Spoiler for About the ending.:
Old 2012-01-26, 09:37   Link #13
Xenio
Flower

sorry for dig up an old thread but i agree with Blank-Mage here, i don't see why the guy don't keep her body even when she stopped working, it not like she can't be fixed but the repairman he call not good enough. he working on a band so i don't think it too hard to get enough money to get her fixed in a better place
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:54   Link #14
Ketro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenio View Post
sorry for dig up an old thread but i agree with Blank-Mage here, i don't see why the guy don't keep her body even when she stopped working, it not like she can't be fixed but the repairman he call not good enough. he working on a band so i don't think it too hard to get enough money to get her fixed in a better place
Looks like I'll be joining in a little bit of necroing after watching this ^^;

Spoiler for plot:
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote