AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-09-03, 23:18   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 691 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Not sure when the spoilers will be released, but here is the new discussion thread just in case the spoilers are released before I get up in the morning .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 06:20   Link #2
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Thanks Sakura for voicing our opinion/feelings!

And what you know. Kishi left out the "girl part" xoxoxo
Old 2014-09-04, 06:26   Link #3
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

I wonder what will happen with those white zetsu ?
Sakura truly expressed everyone feeling
Old 2014-09-04, 06:32   Link #4
Spelt

This ending blows.
Old 2014-09-04, 06:51   Link #5
Random14

Yeah, Sakura is probably the closest thing left to a normal person in this series by now so she gets it (ghosts of every Kage? Floating sage? Whatever ).

Its Naruto's birthday? This "day" has been going on for so long I've forgotten most of the details. A few last fond farewells... well, as long as Madara doesn't pull out another plan. And more praise for Kakashi/future Hokage... too bad no one else alive is there to hear it. Now wonder how long until they remember the rest of the world's population.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 07:15   Link #6
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

This chapter had great potential to be extremely corny due to Naruto's Birthday. Luckily the fact that things are coming to a decisive close seems to overwrite any corny moment. I was indifferent with this chapter.

Also I know that people have been saying this for a while but when was it mentioned that this was the day before Naruto's birthday?
Old 2014-09-04, 07:27   Link #7
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

So the world is saved and nobody cares what's going on with all the people still trapped in the infinite tsukiyomi...I mean b4 the sage dude can thank everi1 could they atleast save ever1 from becoming white zetsu first
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 07:29   Link #8
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well its been a fun run but it appears Naruto is coming to a close.. I Hope the last about 60 chapters have been barely readable too many plot twists for one manga. I suspect we have two or 3 more chapters to go.. I hope cause i cant see a good reason to get to 700 at this point. by the way am i the only one who laughs when he talks about a good girl and doesnt say squat... please be over soon MOST of Naruto was really good and this war is about 60 chapters too long.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 07:32   Link #9
JSnow

Weeaaak! This ending is so freakin corny I can't believe this is really how it's ending. I mean I've seen filler with better writing
JSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 07:34   Link #10
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
This chapter had great potential to be extremely corny due to Naruto's Birthday. Luckily the fact that things are coming to a decisive close seems to overwrite any corny moment. I was indifferent with this chapter.

Also I know that people have been saying this for a while but when was it mentioned that this was the day before Naruto's birthday?
I also want to know how all these people knew that it was naruto birthday maybe I missed something glad to see I'm nt the only one
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 07:36   Link #11
Wandering Soul

Sakura: After all that has happened nothing seems to surprises me anymore. I'm pretty tired of it honestly.

Sums up how most of the fanbase feels. Well only a few more chapters until we get our ending. It was good for the most part but the war dragged on too long.
Old 2014-09-04, 07:59   Link #12
Kumagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post

Chapter 643 was when it was mentioned that 'tomorrow is my birthday' by Naruto
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 08:13   Link #13
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
Chapter 643 was when it was mentioned that 'tomorrow is my birthday' by Naruto
Huh, it was too... Actually, now that I've re-read that chapter, I've realised how shoehorned in that little fact was.

And how could so little be accomplished in a single year of publication...?
Old 2014-09-04, 08:22   Link #14
james0246

Decent chapter. Kishimoto managed to steer clear of being too sentimental, though the ending of Madara really pushed the boundaries of taste. Still the reveal of Kakashi's loss of the Sharingan and Naruto's farewell were done well.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 08:35   Link #15
jmacintosh

Way too many unresolved things for the end to be within the next couple chapters. I liken it ti the movie "Alien", how everything was so white and so perfect...right before the creature bursts out of Ash's chest.
jmacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 08:39   Link #16
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

My money was in the Sharingan only staying until the fight's end. I won.
Old 2014-09-04, 08:53   Link #17
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Seems that the Sasuke is going to learn from Madara's mistake.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 09:06   Link #18
Hiking_Bear

Obito: Hey guys, I wanted to say goodbye one last time
Everyone: Just go already!
Old 2014-09-04, 09:11   Link #19
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Obito: Hey guys, I wanted to say goodbye one last time
Everyone: Just go already!
In before he pops up next chapter just to tell Kakashi that Rin says bye too. And then he says bye again.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 09:20   Link #20
JSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Decent chapter. Kishimoto managed to steer clear of being too sentimental, though the ending of Madara really pushed the boundaries of taste. Still the reveal of Kakashi's loss of the Sharingan and Naruto's farewell were done well.
The whole Kakashi quickly getting that power up then losing it seemed forced and clumsy like most of this arc. "O wait Kakashi didn't do anything this fight." " Just magically give him the ultimate susano, who cares if it makes sense or not." It's like they cant wait to be done. And at this point neither can I.
JSnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion