AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-09-16, 13:27   Link #21
itachi-san314

That was pretty fitting. I'm glad the arc ended in the usual feast Everything is wrapped up nicely, but perhaps a little too nicely.Enjoyable stuff though. I hope we see the rest of the SHs next chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
I imagine chapter 800 anime will be covered with "We Are" theme song, that fits perfectly.. LOL
haha I can see that in my head already. half the episode will be people running in place and smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I have to wonder.... is it a thing for admirals to get themselves an animal companion after retirement? I mean, Aokiji has a penguin, Sengoku has a gorilla.... I wonder what kind of fancy pets Akainu and Kizaru will get once THEY hit retirement age?
Akainu's would surely be a dog of some kind. But Kizaru... maybe a sloth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Huzzah for 800 chapters! Maybe this series really will break 1000 before it ends.~
There's no way it won't be at least 1000 at this pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Kyros and Rebecca are still hanging around doing their own thing...
at least it's warm
Old 2015-09-16, 14:29   Link #22
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
It wasn't Luffy's bounty that was mentioned in this chapter, but Usopp's, Doflamingo gave him a 5 star bounty (100 mil for each star), which is why they said that the new King will have to pay the money and not the Marines.
Yeah, it was weird that there's already a bounty for Luffy. It doesn't make any sense since Fujitora haven't reported yet. Plus, like you said, they were talking about Doffy's own bounty.

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Old 2015-09-16, 16:23   Link #23
Wandering Soul

Knowing what Pirate King means to Luffy, it only makes sense that he would make that decision. Now Luffy's new allies understand him better. The rest of the straw hats are no doubt going to be surprised.

Sengoku is like an entirely different character now that he has retired.
Old 2015-09-16, 16:52   Link #24
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Man, I wish I was as powerful as Aokiji and Sengoku and walk around and just do my own thing.
Old 2015-09-16, 20:27   Link #25
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Howler monkeys are known as the laziest species of monkey, and it would fit his name "Yellow Monkey".
Alexander von Humboldt said about howler monkeys, "their eyes, voice, and gait are indicative of melancholy", and that seems like Kizaru to me.
that sounds right. I assume this pet theory is a joke, but it would even funnier if it wasn't
Old 2015-09-16, 22:55   Link #26
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
That was pretty fitting. I'm glad the arc ended in the usual feast Everything is wrapped up nicely, but perhaps a little too nicely.Enjoyable stuff though. I hope we see the rest of the SHs next chapter.
I should hope so too. As for this future incident, I'm guessing it to be the death of Kaidou who wished to die anyway.
Old 2015-09-17, 01:45   Link #27
BPD Renegade

STRAW HAT GRAND FLEET! FTW!

The background scenes for this chapter were awesome. Zoro filching the booze, Barty crying snot, etc. And Law, did you think that just 'cause Doffy's been defeated, you're free of the Straw Hats? Think again, man:

From that last page, looks we're going to be getting something big down the line. I'm suspecting World Government-toppling big. Chapter 1000 events? Four more years... Can we even wait that long?!!
Old 2015-09-17, 02:56   Link #28
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

We're not really waiting though, since there is more or less a chapter weekly.
Old 2015-09-17, 06:58   Link #29
ronin myael
lost ronin

It's only fitting for this 800th chapter to feature the birth of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet. Great chapter!
Old 2015-09-17, 18:42   Link #30
marvelB

Anyway, as far as the next destination is concerned..... well, IMO Wano seems like a pretty reasonable bet after Luffy regroups with Sanji's gang. I mean, I doubt those samurai can afford to tag along with them forever.....

Quote:
Akainu's would surely be a dog of some kind. But Kizaru... maybe a sloth?

Truth be told, I'm not really expecting the admirals to get pets based on their code names. I mean, pointing out Kuzan again, it's not like he actually has a pet pheasant (though at least it's a bird). For Sakazuki's case I actually wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he got a pet that was the polar opposite of his tough image, like a little bunny rabbit or something!
Old 2015-09-17, 18:44   Link #31
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Even if Wano is next. It'll still be a while. There's still the next arc at the very least.
Old 2015-09-17, 19:58   Link #32
itachi-san314

Quote:
Truth be told, I'm not really expecting the admirals to get pets based on their code names. I mean, pointing out Kuzan again, it's not like he actually has a pet pheasant (though at least it's a bird). For Sakazuki's case I actually wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he got a pet that was the polar opposite of his tough image, like a little bunny rabbit or something!
haha! I could see him fawning over a little kitty or bunny or something and everyone around him being really uncomfortable
Old 2015-09-17, 22:24   Link #33
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Even if Wano is next. It'll still be a while. There's still the next arc at the very least.

Oh, on that much I agree. After all, the gang was also supposed to go to Zou to regroup with the rest of Law's crew. Heck, Zou might even be the island where Sanji's group is currently at (which would certainly be interesting if that's indeed the case, because that would mean that Kaidou's men have business there....).
Old 2015-09-17, 23:41   Link #34
AdventSleeper

This is the conclusion I expected regarding the fleet. Luffy being luffy as always .

Too bad Sanji, Nami, and Chopper are missing out on this... I hope to see them again soon
Old 2015-09-18, 01:19   Link #35
itachi-san314

^hey, you're breaking Brook's heart... except he doesn't have a heart. YoHoHoHo!
Old 2015-09-18, 05:42   Link #36
AdventSleeper

Quote:
^hey, you're breaking Brook's heart... except he doesn't have a heart. YoHoHoHo!

forgot to mention him... been too long without seeing them for any significant period of time, haha.
Old 2015-09-18, 07:23   Link #37
P_Dezz

Quote:
Oh, on that much I agree. After all, the gang was also supposed to go to Zou to regroup with the rest of Law's crew. Heck, Zou might even be the island where Sanji's group is currently at (which would certainly be interesting if that's indeed the case, because that would mean that Kaidou's men have business there....).

Not to mention he might get to reunite with Red Hair, or possibly Marco at some point. This might be the longest saga yet in One Piece, because at the end of it Luffy might be a yonkou.

Last edited by P_Dezz; 2015-09-18 at 07:24. Reason: forgot a word
Old 2015-09-18, 08:34   Link #38
Slayerx

Quote:
Come to think of it, whatever happened to Sengoku's pet Goat? Always kinda of thought that was gonna turn out to be like a devil fruit weapon like funkfreed, or something, but it just kinda disappeared.
Old 2015-09-18, 12:36   Link #39
marvelB

Hey guys, the cover for volume 79 has been revealed (thanks goes to AP's Redon for the image):

^Neato, so we have Gear 4 Luffy, an ominous-looking Doflamingo, Gatz, Tontattas, Kyros in his Thunder Soldier form (for some reason), and even the screaming match between Akainu and Fujitora! Possibly my favorite Dressrosa cover by far! Can't wait for the SBS info once the volume comes out next month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
Not to mention he might get to reunite with Red Hair, or possibly Marco at some point. This might be the longest saga yet in One Piece, because at the end of it Luffy might be a yonkou.
I don't doubt that Luffy will eventually meet with those guys, but I don't exactly see those meeting happening anytime soon. I'm thinking he'll see those guys once he gets a bit deeper into the NW....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Come to think of it, whatever happened to Sengoku's pet Goat? Always kinda of thought that was gonna turn out to be like a devil fruit weapon like funkfreed, or something, but it just kinda disappeared.

Perhaps..... that gorilla IS the goat!?
Old 2015-09-20, 11:40   Link #40
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventSleeper View Post
This is the conclusion I expected regarding the fleet. Luffy being luffy as always .

Too bad Sanji, Nami, and Chopper are missing out on this... I hope to see them again soon
Don't forget Brook. At any rate I hope the entire crew will get together next chapter or so.
Closed Thread