AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2018-01-15, 09:33   Link #3721
kuudererules

NEW Valvrave

https://fever.s-pwfl.com/special/pfj/
https://twitter.com/valvrave
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 09:53   Link #3722
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

They seriously going to make a sequel for this trainwreck? Well, at least I'll get to see the Valvrave mechas again. They're cool. I hope Okouchi (if they retain him) is in the right mood when he writes for this show and probably do an even better job than his recent good gig, Devilman Crybaby.

OR, it's all just a pachinko project.......
Old 2018-01-15, 10:47   Link #3723
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Honestly would not mind it, if it was a new anime. People are always dumping on this series, but I have fond memories of it. It has a charm to it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 14:01   Link #3724
Kurohane

Oh my gosh.... I actually gave up hope of a continuation. Looking back, the anime was a mess with season 2 going for full shock value instead of any coherency. Looking forward to how they plan to revive this.
Old 2018-01-16, 00:56   Link #3725
MK-95-
CCG's Reaper

This anime has a special place in my heart since it was the anime that caused me to create my AS account. No exaggeration, the bulk of my posts on AS were made in the VVV sub-forum. Now we can finally see what they were planning with regard to the 200 yr time skip. Also, this better be a 2-cour anime. I will not settle for a 1-cour.

I welcome this sequel project with open arms and I'm still holding out on L-Elf x Shoko being a thing. lol (I never gave up on em. )
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 01:06   Link #3726
Wandering Soul

I don't really think a sequel is necessary, but I do remember having fun times on this forum thanks to this series, so I'm cool with one. Season 1 was sort of a mess so hopefully this one will be better written.

Wonder if they'll top Senator Mose's infamous line.
Old 2018-01-20, 19:42   Link #3727
Twi

A sequel, are you kidding me?

After how that ended, I expected it to burn in a fire from my unyielding rage at how it ended.

I mean, I'll watch it because I'm invested and want to see how it plays out, but... it broke my heart like Code Geass did so I'm a little skeptical about hope. More Saki is always good though.
Old 2018-01-20, 20:12   Link #3728
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Honestly would not mind it, if it was a new anime. People are always dumping on this series, but I have fond memories of it. It has a charm to it.
Yeah, pretty much how I feel.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 20:51   Link #3729
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Is the Rave-Train coming back to the station?

As crazy as this series was, I have sweet memories of it. A lot of those memories due to the discussions on these forums.
Old 2018-01-21, 00:03   Link #3730
Cosmic Eagle
『青い空』、きっとキレイなんだろうなぁ

Ending was stupid but who cares....Valvrave is about comedy. Bring it on I say if it'll make me laugh

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 02:20   Link #3731
shadow1296

it is surprising this is coming, back and it's not like there aren't stories to tell in that universe i mean that thousand year time skip shows there is, but man i didn't think people liked this series that much, well except maybe the models and mech designs, honestly those might be the reason it is getting another season it's going to bank on toy and model sales
Old 2018-01-21, 02:29   Link #3732
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!

The story most likely will be brand new story following Valvrave event, like Sousei Aquarion and Evol but i don't much hope for this series.
Old 2018-01-24, 23:03   Link #3733
MK-95-
CCG's Reaper

So, I just finished re-watching the anime because well, hype and there are some things I'd like to be explored/wrapped up in a potential sequel: One, I hope this is a sequel season and not a movie/OVA series and two, as noted in my previous post, I also hope this is a 2-cour and not a 1-cour season.

Anyway, going back to some of the expectations I hold for a sequel:

1. I'd like it if they showed us the founding of the empire and not gloss it over with a "well, you know, the empire was founded 200 years ago etc, so we're just going to start the story from point x and anything before that doesn't need to be defined or will be explained via exposition/flashbacks..."

2. The ultimate fate of Soichi Tokishima and whether or not he made any contributions to the Empire's development, plus which members of the council of 101 that'll eventually side with the empire and what contributions they'd make to its development as well. (They could shine a lot of light on runes, rune manipulation and technology that makes use of runes.)

3. The Golden Seven better get some love (there are still 2 unknown pilots) and they've gotta at least show us the specific battle which earned them that title.

4. Who is truly the founder? L-Elf? Haruto? Both? I say this because when Saki mentions it in the anime, she kinda worded it a bit vaguely and we don't know who she's specifically referring to. You see, founder can refer to L-Elf in the sense that while the empire was both his and Haruto's ultimate dream/goal, it all boiled down to L-Elf himself having to establish and run the empire. Whereas with regard to Haruto, it can refer to him in the sense that he was the 'first' VVV pilot (Marie) and set in motion the events that would lead to the empire's founding.

See, this is where it got complicated as Saki talked at though the founder lived through it all and didn't die until after the empire was established. (Episode 12, Season 1.) Tho, it gets blurred there because she says "the first of 'us'" which may refer to the Magius/Kamitsuki or simply 'us' can refer to a human ally (L-11) of the empire since it was established as a place where Magius and humans could co-exist. It also lends some credit to him considering that the Prince is no doubt definitely his descendant, which brings me to my next point:

5. Who is the Prince? Is he a test tube baby consisting of Haruto and L-Elf's DNA? Is he a a child that was born naturally? If so, who are his parents? Shoko is somehow involved in his birth/creation because Akira is his godmother and who else, but Shoko (well Satomi, but he has nothing to do with the Prince's birth) would appoint her as godmother? (I'm a shipper, but I ain't a blind one, I know that L-Elf won't be his father because this is 200+ years later after all and we don't know if he achieved immortality or not at some point after the anime's run.)

6. Shipping!!! My soul will not rest until I find out whether L-Elf x Shoko happened or not. I'm not asking for the impossible here, I just want a simple yes or no. <.<

--------
ps. Watching it again, you really realize how much of a trainwreck this series was back then. I'm honestly really surprised that it did manage to get another project greenlit. However despite all of these flaws, I'm not lying when I say that I enjoyed every minute of it. It's just one of those shows that despite being an all-round mess, the pros still managed to outweigh all of those cons.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2018-01-24 at 23:28.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire