AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 09:03   Link #4081
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

OVA 2 PV:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA 2
"Meals rejected by the enemy"
Oh Yukari

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-02-01 at 09:14.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 00:06   Link #4082
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Girls und Schlachtschiff
(Girls to Senkan)

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=33249941

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=33146750

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-02-02 at 00:18.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 04:04   Link #4083
SatelliteCannon

So, a couple of years ago, a certain online gaming company promoted their product by sending an operational Hetzer to the 2011 E3 convention. Though E3 isn't the convention it was a decade ago, it was still an impressive gesture by Wargaming.net. And it got me thinking...

Suppose Wargaming.net painted that Hetzer in Ooarai camo and insignia and drove it around...how about summer's Comiket (C84)?
SatelliteCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 07:44   Link #4084
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteCannon View Post

Suppose Wargaming.net painted that Hetzer in Ooarai camo and insignia and drove it around...how about summer's Comiket (C84)?
That would be awesome, provided they could recruit three young ladies, take a week for driver's training and basic maintenance lessons, and had them crew it.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 12:52   Link #4085
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 19:44   Link #4086
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
That would be awesome, provided they could recruit three young ladies, take a week for driver's training and basic maintenance lessons, and had them crew it.
To commemorate the launch of the Japanese tech tree when it comes ..

(with simultaneous massive advertising in the JPN markets)
Old 2013-02-02, 20:46   Link #4087
Gravitas Free Zone

Can any of us pass for "three young ladies?"

Was watching the third episode again and it finally sank in that, during her brief appearance as a gunner, Yukari hit all of her targets easily. Granted, no one was moving.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 22:29   Link #4088
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Any of you passing as three young ladies is a heinous crime against retinas!!
Old 2013-02-02, 23:41   Link #4089
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Can any of us pass for "three young ladies?"

Was watching the third episode again and it finally sank in that, during her brief appearance as a gunner, Yukari hit all of her targets easily. Granted, no one was moving.
And the range was pretty short.

Now Hana pegged that Sherman at a fair distance, and that tank had it's throttle wide open.
Old 2013-02-03, 02:02   Link #4090
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
And the range was pretty short.

Now Hana pegged that Sherman at a fair distance, and that tank had it's throttle wide open.
Well, really they should put Yukari in as the gunner for one of the other teams... her and the Prez...
Old 2013-02-03, 10:36   Link #4091
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Well, really they should put Yukari in as the gunner for one of the other teams... her and the Prez...
Hana in the PIV, Anzu in the Hertzer, Yukari in the Tiger (P)

The 3 best gunners on the 3 best guns, with the 2, possibly 3 best drivers.

Mako in the PIV, Yuzu in the Hertzer, and Tsuchiya in the Tiger (P), although she still needs to show what that pile of German engineering can do.

Of course you still have Saemonza and Oryou who are no slouches in the StuG III, so it really should be the 4 best drivers/gunners in the 4 best tanks.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 10:54   Link #4092
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Vivid Panzer Operation

Images
Camouflage hoodies

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 15:13   Link #4093
12ice

Yukari would make a better commander than a gunner. The first couple episode established that despite the wealth of her theoretical knowledge, she has never been in a tank before. We can infer from this that Yukari lacks technical skills such as gunnery. Her performance in the 1st practice match must be taken with a grain of salt since at the range they were shooting at, shooting is a matter of point and click: point, shoot, and nail the enemy. no need to even mess with the range-finder.

I'd fathom that the best gunners are Hana, the Prez, Saemonza and... Akebi (the blonde volleyball player). The latter is included only because the Type 89 was the only tank that hit its target during the training arc montage.

One thing Ooarai lacks, I think, is brilliance across the team. Yes, there are a couple geniuses--Miho, Mako, and the Prez--but most of the team is composed of individuals with average skill. During the Sherman ambush at the end of Episode 5, they miss 3/4 their shots against 2 stationary targets--not all that fantastic.

Although, I suppose you can say that about most schools as well since most tanks seem unable to hit a broad side of a maus; I'm looking at you, Black Forest gunners. In that respect, it mirrors highschool sport rather well: a team composed of average/somewhat-good players being led by a few brilliants.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 16:04   Link #4094
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Volleyball team needs a better tank. They've got a good gunner (they hit the Churchill on the retreat) and a crazy driver (skills in evasive manuevers while running from Pravda), and definately guts as that seems to be their motto (taking on a Sherman with smoke grenades without any cover is pretty gutsy). Just aside from the fact that the Type 89's armor is pathetic, its gun is practically worthless against anything aside from the Anzio tankettes. It reportedly can penetrate 20mm of armor at 500 meters.

Basically it can penetrate some early war tanks from the side at close range and most of the early Soviet tanks before the T-34 and KV-1s arrived, but again, only at close ranges. Things like the Panzer II, III, and IV would be uparmored enough to be mostly immune to the Type 89's gun. It cannot penetrate the Matilda II at any range, nor most of the French tanks. It would have trouble even against an American M3 Stuart light tank.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:24   Link #4095
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

In short, the volleyball team need a tank more deserving of their skill and guts. (And it's smoke flares, btw, not grenades - commercial signaling smoke flares.)

But something to consider: They're only in this to revive the volleyball team. Senshado is merely a means to an end for them. Not that they're not having fun or don't appreciate the bonds they have with the other tank crews, but at the end of the day their entire goal is to revive senshado.

If viewed in that light, perhaps they put up with the Type-89 because to them, this is just a transient phase. This too, shall pass.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 18:37   Link #4096
rocket
Senior and Demented

Hey, quick question - anybody have good vectors or clean high rez versions of the team's animal emblems?

As for dream team assignments, yeah I agree Yukari as a commander would be a better assignment.
Old 2013-02-03, 19:14   Link #4097
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
As for dream team assignments, yeah I agree Yukari as a commander would be a better assignment.
But Yukari has been a commander -- she was the Interim commander of the B1 Bis (in the manga anyway).
Old 2013-02-03, 20:22   Link #4098
Marina2

I think Yukari is more suitable to be the person who provide her knowledge for commander rather then being a commander herself.

By the way, Anyone here read the novel version? I want to know if there are any new info on Saori's character background, family, etc.

Quote:
Hey, quick question - anybody have good vectors or clean high rez versions of the team's animal emblems?
I think I saw what you want on Pixv.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-02-03 at 20:34.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 22:55   Link #4099
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think Yukari is more suitable to be the person who provide her knowledge for commander rather then being a commander herself.

By the way, Anyone here read the novel version? I want to know if there are any new info on Saori's character background, family, etc.

I think I saw what you want on Pixv.
Pixv still require registration in Japanese?
Old 2013-02-03, 23:35   Link #4100
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Volleyball team needs a better tank. They've got a good gunner (they hit the Churchill on the retreat) and a crazy driver (skills in evasive manuevers while running from Pravda),...
Absolutely agree!

That Type 89 came up on its drive sprockets for cryin' out loud, and she maintained control! And after that Stalin's near miss blew off the right side track (and the jack and an engine access panel I think!) she still managed to get a limping crawl out of it. Definately Bronze Star material.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks