Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 09:49   Link #1121
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Sakura's fake confession is pretty much IMO the final nail in the coffin for any romantic hopes between Naruto and Sakura.
I don't think so... i mean... i don't want to make further comments because of the spoilers policy, but the last confrontation between Sasuke and Naruto, plus Sasuke's actions in presence of Sakura... i don't know... even Karin grew tired of him.
I don't have any hope of a development in any relationship, because facts are solid, Naruto doesn't have romance, it would be a pain in the a*s for Kishi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
And Naruto ignoring Hinata after the confession pretty much was the final nail in the coffin for any romantic hopes between Naruto and Hinata.

At this point Sasuke x Naruto is what we are heading for.
This is one of the facts that i was pointing out.
To me Hinata is almost an imposition of the editors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I think that was just pretty much just how Kishi was able to respond to that. Obviously no romance is going to happen at least until the end so the best way? Ignore it till then. Maybe it will be Sakura herself to remind him since she recognized it herself when healing Hinata.
At this point, in the manga there is no room for romance at all... we need to wait until the aftermath, when usually people open their hearts.

I believe that a lot of people want some romance development, no matter if is Sasuke with Sakura or Sakura with Naruto or Hinata with Naruto... but as i said before... Kishi doesn't want any romance at all.
Old 2011-04-15, 10:37   Link #1122
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I don't think so... i mean... i don't want to make further comments because of the spoilers policy, but the last confrontation between Sasuke and Naruto, plus Sasuke's actions in presence of Sakura... i don't know... even Karin grew tired of him.
This is the manga thead (as indicated in the thread title) so you're fine.

Quote:
At this point, in the manga there is no room for romance at all... we need to wait until the aftermath, when usually people open their hearts.
I wonder. It seems obvious that if any pairing does happen then any indication would be some cheesy epilogue of who Naruto's with in ten years time or something. Would shippers really be happy with just that if their pairing came true? It seems pretty pathetic to be satisfied with just that. No real development. Just them together in the end.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 10:46   Link #1123
Alchemist007
*Author

About as much to expect in a Shounen manga such as this.
Old 2011-04-15, 13:12   Link #1124
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I wonder. It seems obvious that if any pairing does happen then any indication would be some cheesy epilogue of who Naruto's with in ten years time or something. Would shippers really be happy with just that if their pairing came true? It seems pretty pathetic to be satisfied with just that. No real development. Just them together in the end.
Yes, they would. Shippers want to win. It becomes less about the stupid pairings and more about being right. Just look at Harry Potter and Avatar.

I often wonder if pairings like Naruto x Hinata, Naruto x Sakura, Sasuke x Sakura, and Shikamaru x Temari would actually be as popular if they happened. It's almost like those fans live on the speculation of those pairings. If they actually happened in canon, a lot of their appeal would be lost.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 14:15   Link #1125
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This is the manga thead (as indicated in the thread title) so you're fine.
I've been sanctioned for even less, so... i'll be careful.

Quote:
I don't think that WSJ is very worried about shippers, besides, a polemic ending (Naruto with Temari for instance) would bring chaos in t3h internets. They could learn one or two things from Gainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Yes, they would. Shippers want to win. It becomes less about the stupid pairings and more about being right. Just look at Harry Potter and Avatar.
Well, yeah... i hate that... but what the hell... sh*t happens.

Quote:
I often wonder if pairings like Naruto x Hinata, Naruto x Sakura, Sasuke x Sakura, and Shikamaru x Temari would actually be as popular if they happened. It's almost like those fans live on the speculation of those pairings. If they actually happened in canon, a lot of their appeal would be lost.
To me Hinata is there just because she happens to have a crowd of fans that just love her... and they keep reading the manga only to know if they are right or wrong.

I think that Kishi is pretty mediocre in that aspect, there is solid proof that Romance and Shounen can live together, despite i don't like Takahashi's work, she uses romance in her works. Same with Oh! Great, he even used it as a comic relief.

Romance doesn't need to be a (so) serious thing, i wouldn't like those dramatic love histories like Basilisk or Rurouni Kenshin, in Naruto i would aim to comic/tender/lovable situations.
Old 2011-04-25, 04:10   Link #1126
sho87
Banned

Um no, people who believe Kishi is going to let a statement like Hinata is go unnoticed is simply naive.

Also Hinata is pretty much in front of the Naruto line in terms of love potential since Naruto has remained silent to Hinata since then. And is still mulling it over.
sho87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 07:35   Link #1127
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Please. Hinata is the last thing on Naruto's mind right now.
Old 2011-04-26, 13:16   Link #1128
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Please. Hinata is the last thing on Naruto's mind right now.
Right, the top 10 things in Naruto's mind.

1. Sasuke
2. Sasuke
3. Sasuke
4. Sa... Ramen
5. Sasuke
6. Sasuke
7. Ramen
8. Sasuke
9. Sasuke
10. Ram... Sasuke.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 22:27   Link #1129
Fruits Basket Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho87 View Post
Um no, people who believe Kishi is going to let a statement like Hinata is go unnoticed is simply naive.

Also Hinata is pretty much in front of the Naruto line in terms of love potential since Naruto has remained silent to Hinata since then. And is still mulling it over.
LOL!

Keep dreaming!

Hmmm....the wording of your post seems familiar.

I think you were a banned member named ajnas (also known as Jizz from narutoforums).

Although, your join date is a little old.....Did you make this membership back in November as a fail safe when you were banned?

You posted very few posts since you "joined" based on your post history......

Though, I could be wrong.....
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 00:14   Link #1130
Alchemist007
*Author

Doubtful, ajnas made posts of formidable length, he literally could not shut up.

But more to the point, I think the issue with Hinata is merely Kishi ignoring it. Or I guess you could put it at Naruto having too much shit on his hands ATM. Regardless, there really hasn't been much progress lately.
Old 2011-04-27, 03:03   Link #1131
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
But more to the point, I think the issue with Hinata is merely Kishi ignoring it. Or I guess you could put it at Naruto having too much shit on his hands ATM.
Yeah, more important shit like signing autographs (anyone else remember that?). You're seriously telling me he couldn't take 5 minutes over a two arc period to talk to her?
Quote:
Regardless, there really hasn't been any progress lately.
Fix'd
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 07:26   Link #1132
Alchemist007
*Author

Only Kishi could tell you the actual justifications. I can only say that it's because he's avoiding romance at all costs.
Old 2011-04-27, 19:54   Link #1133
ColdHearted

I just wondering if Kishi turn the aftermath of Naruto Shippuden where naruto sacrifice his self and turn into a real Hero of Konoha just like his father and all girls will fall in love with him hahah ...
ColdHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 00:55   Link #1134
Alchemist007
*Author

That's implying they're all into necrophilia.
Old 2011-04-28, 03:09   Link #1135
ColdHearted

Quote:
That's implying they're all into necrophilia.
They will inherited Orochimaru's necrophiliac characteristic .... But I like that kind of ending just like what happen in Code Geass . More dramatic and epic ending .

For sure Sakura-chan will burst in cry saying "She rather stay with naruto at first and never mind sasuke" .
ColdHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 05:20   Link #1136
ronin myael
lost ronin

what romance? there's romance in naruto? i didn't know that! lol

so it's still about naruto, hinata and sakura eh? i suppose i'd be wishing for too much if i wished for this to end, huh? oh well, romance is not really important at this point. there's a war going on for crying out loud.

as for naruto seemingly ignoring hinata after her confession, well let's give credit to kishi for not knowing how to respond to that. naruto doesn't need to address the situation. he could have just said hi or said thank you to hinata for trying to save him right after he defeated pain and returned to konoha, but he didn't. instead kishi gave us the sakura hug and she did it with everyone else watching. some shippers say that's clearly a statement, a score for the narusaku shippers. but i say it was just kishi playing to the shippers. he gave the naruhina shippers that confession and gave the narusaku that hug to appease everyone. that was how he settled it. i doubt he had planned on doing anything more than that.
Old 2011-05-01, 11:17   Link #1137
kitten320

I can't believe that people still think that Sakura's fake confession was the end -_-
Seriously, have you never seen people arguing and making up afterwards? So what if Naruto got mad on her back then? Like if he will keep the grudge forever, seriously people, grow up -_-
Old 2011-05-01, 12:29   Link #1138
Alchemist007
*Author

I doubted that he really had any grudge at all, just a moment of disappointment. But to me it turned into a matter of how she treats him (all the 'funny times' she hits him aside).
Old 2011-05-01, 12:34   Link #1139
Arti

This may have already been posted somewhere in this thread, but this bit from tvtropes.org is pretty true.

Quote:
All Love Is Unrequited: Literally. The only two named, currently living characters who have mutual feelings for each other are a pair of one hundred year old frogs. This is in stark contrast to the Farmer-in-the-dell shenanigans going on at the unrequited front across the generations (you can just tell the author had to restrain himself from giving Tsunade a crush on Orochimaru). Surprisingly enough, the official databook tones it down more than a notch.
And one of those frogs is dead now, so there's pretty much no romance in this series at all.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 13:05   Link #1140
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I can't believe that people still think that Sakura's fake confession was the end -_-
Seriously, have you never seen people arguing and making up afterwards? So what if Naruto got mad on her back then? Like if he will keep the grudge forever, seriously people, grow up -_-
At this point who cares if it is an end or not? Everyone in this manga is better off single.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
official pairings