2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-30, 10:31   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Reconguista in G - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 16:27   Link #2
Death Usagi
Banned

Hmm, is it just me or the animation quality + battle scenes improved a lot compared to the previous episodes?

Also poor Bell... He killed his own teacher... +___+;;

I feel like his mother will die next due to her going against how the Capital Army is raising its military strength and such... (Similar to Gundam Z)

Also, am I the only one who is reminded me of Variable Phase Shift Armor after seeing G-Self's color changing due to its backpack change? O.o
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 19:48   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

I thought the animation quality / consistency actually decreased here compared to last ep (which IMO was the best animated ep since Ep 1).

I think Bellri is finally figuring out that this isn't much of a game anymore. Killing Dellessen definitely hit him very hard.

As far as Bellri's mom goes... It's a Tomino show, unfortunately for her...
Old 2014-10-30, 23:04   Link #4
Esclair

Bellri sure has a knack for killing mentor figures. First Aida's mentor, now his own...
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 23:30   Link #5
kakakka

Yeah last ep is definitely better in animation. But this is just as engaging, partly due to the fight sequence.

A good part of the battle is disjointed. One moment they're engaged in quite a distant battle, the next second they're very close.

EDIT: Forgot. I also liked how Bellri's guilt was being played out. With conflicting denial, doubt and remorse.

Last edited by kakakka; 2014-10-30 at 23:45.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 00:27   Link #6
Irenesharda

Firstly, what happened to the composer? Did he suddenly wake up and apply all the epic music he could think of, because if there was one thing to take away from this episode, it was the awesome score.

Well, we knew Dellensen was going to bite it, and I really like the fight that was fought between him and Bellri (who looks better with his hair up by the way). I like more so Bellri's grieving response which first be angry at his instructor for "turning into another person" and then later trying his best to deny the man's death. You can see how wiped out he was after all that, and who can blame him?

I like how Klim Nick goes to save him, but loses his own altitude in the process. The G-self, who seems to have a mind of it's own at times? , saves both him and Bellri using....the Phoenix Force?

Aannnyyyway...I really like this pirate crew. They have a lot more personality than the Capital guys. Is the reason they are all so ragtag and really diverse and speak perfect English because they are all American Amerian?

And come one guys, which lazy bum in the creative department just decided to name the man in the mask, Mask? Really? Every other Char clone gets a name, and this one just got stuck with "Mask"?

Anyway, this was a really good episode and I'm glad to see this series getting better and better, even though it's been losing quite a bit of its viewership.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 00:38   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And come one guys, which lazy bum in the creative department just decided to name the man in the mask, Mask? Really? Every other Char clone gets a name, and this one just got stuck with "Mask"?
Somebody watched too much Jim Carey movies

Anyway, looking forward to watch the episode later. I'm still in my office right now T-T.
Old 2014-10-31, 02:13   Link #8
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Ouch, that hit Bellri hard when he killed Dellensen... Still, that G-Self is a mystery though!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 07:14   Link #9
cyth
Banned

Chuchumy finally had his bowl cleaned, ain't she a lucky fish.

Quote:
Anyway, this was a really good episode and I'm glad to see this series getting better and better, even though it's been losing quite a bit of its viewership.
We know why this is, because mecha viewership these days expect teenage pilots to take up arms for something silly like love or their existential crisis, whereas Bellri is level-headed as he can be and the main point of the show is coping with the sweeping nature of war. I first thought, because the show was so random, that this was gonna be some newage, postmodernity bullshit that's gonna dance on Universal Century's corpse, but it's actually the exact opposite.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 11:11   Link #10
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Well, I don't know about losing viewership- personally I love this show. There's just not much to talk about compared to the cliche controversial, boobie-flashing, insufferable and/or emo protagonist-sporting, terrible writing with flashy action covering and generally pretty trashy mecha anime that are popular these days... With this, I'm just enjoying the show instead of how I feel about the latter... E.g. being confused over the poor taste/ why anyone greenlit such a thing

Guess things will start to get a bit more serious from now on. Wonder if we'll see a fully lucid Raraiya soon.
Old 2014-10-31, 11:39   Link #11
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Well, I don't know about losing viewership- personally I love this show. There's just not much to talk about compared to the cliche controversial, boobie-flashing, insufferable and/or emo protagonist-sporting, terrible writing with flashy action covering and generally pretty trashy mecha anime that are popular these days... With this, I'm just enjoying the show instead of how I feel about the latter... E.g. being confused over the poor taste/ why anyone greenlit such a thing

Guess things will start to get a bit more serious from now on. Wonder if we'll see a fully lucid Raraiya soon.

I really hope so, at the moment she's kind of the weakpoint of the show for me. Although, she has her cute moments like when she's messing with Klim, I mostly find her irritating to watch.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 12:19   Link #12
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

After six episodes I can now safely say Tomino has found his magnificence again, even if the bits with Chuchumy are just plain silly.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 12:23   Link #13
cyth
Banned

I also love that each week we get to see a different side of hygiene in space. This week - dental care.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 13:23   Link #14
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Firstly, what happened to the composer? Did he suddenly wake up and apply all the epic music he could think of, because if there was one thing to take away from this episode, it was the awesome score.
The musics always been great IMO, it's just kind of full of a variety of lowkey, upbeat, intense and as you say more epic pieces that capture a necessary spectrum of emotions and given the nature of this weeks episode it called for a little more of the high energy stuff. I'm sure if they just wanted the score to be in your face at all times as much as possible every week they would have gone ahead and hired Hiroyuki Sawano who in his current incarnation is all about that sort of thing.

As for the show losing viewership, that doesn't really surprise me nor does the fact that the story is starting to really take off as the show approaches the 8 episode mark which is usually the point where you start to see a sci-fi mecha series take the form it will have for the remainder of it's run. People just lack patience nowadays and considering the show took it's time much like Turn A Gundam to start building up it's cast, world and setting rather than socking it to people and being up in their face with chaos, destruction and epic moments with the whole world exploding around the cast right out of the gate like an Aldnoah.Zero. To me this is how the sci-fi/military genre is actually meant to be done when truly at it's best. It's just common sense directing when actually trying to tell a story that'll last the run of the series and possibly stand the test of time. You don't want to completely blow your load early and have to spend the rest of the shows run-time trying and failing to escalate the level of rising action and severity/immediacy of ongoing events. I've honestly seen enough of shows like that in this genre of late that it's nice to have a slow build like this again that is almost certain to continue building while leaving room for those lulls in the narrative.

My hope is maybe like with Turn A Gundam sometime in the future it will find it's audience and get a second chance and people might find in retrospect with having the benefit of the full series to just run through at their own pace that it actually has it's place in the annals of Tomino and the mecha genres catalogue. In essence time will tell the true tale of G-Reco, but right now it's going to continue to be a rough ride.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 14:01   Link #15
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post

I too hope the viewerbase is not dropping, this is one of the gundams I actually enjoy watching. I agree with the comment about the fan service anime's out atm, personally not much to my liking and I believe we're talking about the same one (reskined Seed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I really hope so, at the moment she's kind of the weakpoint of the show for me. Although, she has her cute moments like when she's messing with Klim, I mostly find her irritating to watch.
I like Raraiya as she is now, any change to her would ruin her character for me >.> , to me, right now shes more mysterious and interesting. I do have my suspicions as to how/what role she plays in this anime, but yea looking forwards to her future!

Also hoping the story for this is well planned and interesting, to my knowledge most the gundam stories follow a very similar pattern which has put me off them. *sigh* having my hopes high again...
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 15:19   Link #16
Wandering Soul

The animation for battles and the soundtrack do seem to have picked up and gotten better this episode.

We all knew it would happen but it looks like another mentor falls Bellri's hands. This time his own. I like how they choose to portray Belri's guilt and sorrow over killing his mentor.

Really though? Of all the things they could call this Char clone they just went with Mask. They must have been real lazy with naming him. I did get chuckle out of seeing them rely on segways to get to the base rather than any actual military vehicles but I should not be surprised after seeing how Belri gets around.

Raraiya seems like she might get some development next week which she needs. I do find her antics funny sometimes but it can get old if they dragged on too long.
Old 2014-10-31, 16:20   Link #17
Lenox

This show is good but it is strange at times right? Seriously though I cant be the only one feeling this way can I?
Lenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 16:52   Link #18
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

@Baldur: I was referring to a certain type of show, more than a a specific one. But yes, there's usually always one airing, this season is no exception. Meh. If people really aren't watching, their loss. I like it. But then, my taste is often different than what the masses find appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I do know what you mean and I know that in any other setting a character like her would bother me too. The reason it kind of works for me her is the way people looked after her without questioning her behaviour. They all just saw she needed to be looked after and got on with it, no problem. It helps that her antics with Klim are funny.
Without Noredo, Bellri and black haired girl acting exactly the way the did (if someone pulled a Shinn for example or something else stupid and cheesy... Blergh) and if we weren't getting signs that she was getting more and more lucid I would've felt the same way.
But she's actually being slowly developed, so it works for me... Better than the way Mask (lol) was set up anyways. That just suddenly happened. Assuming that'll get explained though.
Old 2014-10-31, 17:01   Link #19
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenox View Post
This show is good but it is strange at times right? Seriously though I cant be the only one feeling this way can I?
It's good and it's strange. That sums it up perfectly for me. So no you're not the only one
Old 2014-10-31, 19:43   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Chuchumy finally had his bowl cleaned, ain't she a lucky fish.

We know why this is, because mecha viewership these days expect teenage pilots to take up arms for something silly like love or their existential crisis, whereas Bellri is level-headed as he can be and the main point of the show is coping with the sweeping nature of war. I first thought, because the show was so random, that this was gonna be some newage, postmodernity bullshit that's gonna dance on Universal Century's corpse, but it's actually the exact opposite.
Somehow I really doubt that's why the viewership dropped early on . I mean it's fine to love a show, but let's not get carried away.

The early episodes were especially full of inexplicable decisions and bizarre characters. The show is finally starting to stabilize a bit with the actions the characters are taking making actual logical sense. If this was the kind of show we had in the first few episodes I think there'd be less people who just shrugged and gave up on it. If you recognize the show being completely random at the start should be able to see why people wouldn't consider it worth their time.

Though even at this point I think the show is just solid.